*____s500, S600, E63 Or Clk...? Which One Should I Get?

mintcracker

Mercedes dilemna lol
Hello, planning to purchase a car for my dad's bday this year. Atm, I'm quite interested in this 2003 S600 car, but am thinking whether it's the best choice. Looking to not spend too much (but of course not too little too)...Since dad deserves a nice car for once.

So in your opinion, in terms of reliability, ease, comfort, looks and price, what would the best choice be? Emphasis on reliablity and ease (though looks and of course price are very important also)

I would only buy one that's 2003 at the newest (and 2001 at the oldest) bc I can't afford anything higher lol.

Or do you think I should opt for a bmw, audi, lexus or jaguar? I was interested in Bentleys but I don't have the cash and although lamboghini's aren't THAT expensive (compared to bentleys) I don't think my dad would suit a car like that.

Thanks guys.

Guest mikez

Your dad will hate you if you get any Merc between 2001-2007, that is when Benz is at the lowest point in their history producing some of the worst and poorly built cars ever. Your dad will go broke paying for repairs.

With that out of the way, E63 if he likes car and is young, or S600 for him to just roll around in class and a comfy car.

Guest QWERTY.

why dont you use that money and buy a cheaper but NEW car

cause a used car as a birthday present i feel is a bit weird

but i just got a c300 like yesterday and the drive is very smooth and everything. i like it

Guest Mentos

I'm sure if you're thinking about getting an exotic car (Lamborghini), then you should be able to easily afford a new Acura TL or Lexus IS.

Upscale cars =)

Guest Laxntiga

Just because it's a Mercedes, it doesn't mean its better.

Also, who's footing the maintenance and insurance?

I say an older Lexus LS430 or a SC430 would be more than enough. How about an Infiniti Q45 or maybe a M45, or even a M35.

I wasn't really aiming for lexus, cos although I know it's reliable, I personally think the exterior's alittle plastic looking.

I head s500s and 600s were very comfortable and supposedly a 'joy to drive' aha.

And to the person saying buy a new car...new cars depreciate incredibly fast. And I can't exactly afford a brand new 2009 mercedes. The 2003 ones I'm looking for a 'new' to the country, so there hasn't be any owners beforehand (apart from 1 international one before it was imported so I think it's fine)

I heard about the repair fees, but s600s are pretty reliable aren't they?

I know mercedes are typical...In fact I was originally looking to get a jaguar or sth bc bmw and mercedes are like everywhere, but the s classes ARE decent...And they look classy.

Guest mikez

Go ahead, get the S600, its hella reliable if by reliable to you means spending less than 4k-8k USD a year on repairs and maintenance.

Archived