Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Wow, I don't check in for a weekend and soooo many lovely photos to catch up on.  :)

Thanks to those who shared the translated Harper's Bazaar magazine interview.  That was a really interesting read.  I'm curious though, does anyone know what SJK and the reporter were talking about when they referred to the "new school genre"?  I'm not familiar with that term and googling didn't help; is it a term that was lost in the translation?

• Like 4

Song Joong Ki becomes a pilot as the new face of 'Jeju Air'

song-joong-ki-_1462152682_af_org.jpg

Song Joong Ki has become the new model of 'Jeju Air'!

'Jeju Air' announced the actor as their new model on the 2nd, and released a video of him working for their photoshoot. They also released a photo of Song Joong Ki dressed as a 'Jeju Air' pilot. He'll be working with them for the next year.

The airline said, "We wanted to expand in the Asia market, so we chose Song Joong Ki as our model, who is the most popular in Asia currently."

song-joong-ki-_1462152688_20160501_songj

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/05/song-joong-ki-becomes-a-pilot-as-the-new-face-of-jeju-air

• Like 2

Jeju Air unveils Song Joong-ki's new pictorial

photo719530.jpg

Jeju Air has unveiled Song Joong-ki's pictorial on May 2nd.

Song Joong-ki, who is a new face for Jeju Air, is dressed up in the uniform of the airline company and salutes with right hand in the pictorial. As the image overlaps the look of his 'Descendants of the Sun' role, Yoo Si-jin, who is responsible and loyal, the pictorial is good enough to appeal the potential airline patrons with the trustful image.

Prior to this, Jeju Air announced they chose Song Joong-ki as their new face to expand their market in Asia.

The images unveiled today will be used widely for the videos and commercials inside and outside their planes for one year as well as online and offline.

photo719531.jpg

http://www.hancinema.net/jeju-air-unveils-song-joong-ki-s-new-pictorial-94077.html

• Like 2

Descendants of the Sun

The hero wants to be the bad guy

661721076_bbd8de33_IMG_1061.JPG

"Descendants of the Sun" leading man Song Joong-ki hopes to break the mould

Though most TV viewers have only come to know him as the dashing army captain Yoo Shi-jin in the hit South Korean series "Descendants of the Sun", Song Joong-ki has steadily built up a diverse filmography since his debut in 2008.

When it comes to his acting career, the 30-year-old Song isn't shy about his ambitions. "There are so many characters I want to play - I'm greedy about acting!"

Song has primarily been in the spotlight for his pretty-boy image, pale complexion and elite educational background, having majored in business administration at the prestigious Sungkyunkwan University. However, his past works hint at an actor who's willing to take on substantial challenges.

In his first film, "A Frozen Flower", he starred as a military commander's bodyguard, a role that initially had no lines. Song was injured falling off a horse during the shoot but continued filming despite the pain. Director Yoo Ha, impressed by his tenacity, decided to give him a short scene with dialogue.

In "A Werewolf Boy" (2012), Song played a half-wolf creature, a man raised among wolves who becomes devoted to a girl who cares for him and teaches him the ways of humans. Song received positive reviews for his skilful blend of wolfish habits, innocent boyhood and the unconditional devotion animals show towards humans.

The versatile actor also made his mark in television through his roles in the dramas "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" (2010), as cocky playboy Goo Yong-ha, and in "Deep Rooted Tree" (2011), as a young prince.

Jo Sung-hee, who directed "A Werewolf Boy", says Song was as fastidious in his acting process as he was gregarious with the filming crew. "He prepares a lot and practises his scenes extensively. He trains very hard. He's also very talkative and energetic on the set."

For his next project, Song has chosen the film "Battleship Island", set during the Japanese occupation of Korea. Song is to play Park Moo-young, an independence fighter who sneaks onto a Japanese island to rescue captured countryman. The role is a dream come true for him, Song says.

"I really wanted to do a period piece set in the Japanese occupation era. With this film I've cleared one long-term goal."

After that, Song wants to steer away from the "chivalrous boyfriend" role that's earned him massive popularity. "I want to play a character who's cold," he says. "I think there are sides of me that are like that. I'm a fan of [US actor] Edward Norton, and if you see his early work he plays a lot of those roles. A thriller could be fun, too."

On his approach to acting, Song says he likes to "go by the book" - he prioritises the script over anything else. "I read the script very carefully and I try to imagine from the writer's point of view why a certain line of dialogue was placed in a certain scene."

At the same time, he says it's inevitable that his own personality comes through in the characters he plays. "I'm not a fan of gushing emotions. I think that probably shows in all of the characters I play. I try to reinterpret the characters in my style."

For his role as Yoo in "Descendants", for example, Song has been lauded for convincingly delivering romantic dialogue that could otherwise have been cringe-inducing, striking just the right balance between the cool and the emotional.

His time in the military was a significant turning point in his life, Song says. "I was told I would never get another chance to rub shoulders with ordinary soldiers and live a normal life. I felt I'd be able to learn a lot not only as an actor, but also as a young man."

By meeting people who had come together for South Korea's mandatory military service, Song realised he shouldn't complain about his own hardships.

"There were people from all different backgrounds. I thought to myself, 'Things that I consider stressful aren't anything to some people.' I felt so many things in the military. I think that shows in my acting now."

Having achieved superstardom - at least for the moment in Korea's ever-churning celebrity scene - Song says he feels burdened with responsibility.

"I have to work hard at my job so that my company employees can take home their pay," he says. "And I've gained overseas fans who are supporting me. I think I absolutely shouldn't disappoint them."

The best way to live up to the expectations, Song says, is to focus on his craft. "I'm an actor, so the best thing I can do is to show myself through a good project."

Asked if he wants to abandon his pretty-boy image, as most "serious" actors try to do, Song replies unexpectedly with a resolute "no".

"Realistically, looks offer an advantage to an actor," he says. "I'm going to work hard to maintain my skin. I'm going to prevent ageing as much as possible. And I will keep trying to become a better person on the inside as much as I spruce up the outside."

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/life/The-hero-wants-to-be-the-bad-guy-30285110.html
  • Like 4

Hite Beer CF Filming BTS

Chfr95QUUAEYiPS.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~

MOD EDIT: Put long posts and multiple pictures in spoiler tag

Spoiler

Choaa Instagram Update  

ChftUwWUgAIefJD.jpg

ChftWkCUkAAQFfs.jpgCredit

Credit to songjoongki_sg

Edited by rainmoon
multiple images
  • Like 2

Yoo Ah-in vs Song Joong-ki, Baeksang Arts Awards unveils list of nominees

photo719539.jpg

The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards has unveiled a list of their nominees. The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards will be held at 8:30 PM on May 3rd at the Kyung Hee Grand Peace Palace in Seoul.

The nominees for TV dramas include SBS' 'Six Flying Dragons', MBC's "She Was Pretty", KBS 2TV's 'Descendants of the Sun' and tvN's 'Answer Me 1988' and "Signal".

The competition for acting performance awards will be also intense. For Best Actors Awards, 'Six Flying Dragons' Yoo Ah-in, 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Joong-ki, "Remember" Namgoong Min', "Yong Pal" Joo Won and "Signal" Jo Jin-woong have been nominated.

The nominees list for Best Actress awards also looks prominent. 'Descendants of the Sun' Song Hye-kyo, "She Was Pretty" Hwang Jeong-eum, "Signal" Kim Hye-soo, 'Answer Me 1988' Ra Mi-ran, "I Have a Lover" Kim Hyeon-joo have been nominated.

The list of nominees in film section is also drawing attention. For Best Actors, 'Inside Man' Lee Byung-hun, 'Inside Man' Baek Yoon-sik, "The Throne" Yoo Ah-in, "The Throne" Song Gang-ho, "Veteran" Hwang Jeong-min have been included in the list of nominees.

For Best Actress in film section, "Coin Locker Girl" Kim Hye-soo, 'Alice In Earnestland' Lee Jeong-hyeon, "The Shameless" Jeon Do-yeon, "The Assassination" Jeon Ji-hyeon, and "Beauty Inside" Han Hyo-joo compete with each other.

A special corner has been prepared as well. Best Film General View (and conversation with the audience) event has been introduced to the award for the first time this year. "4th Place", 'Inside Man', "DongJu, The Portrait of A Poet", "Veteran" and 'The Assaissnation' will participated in this special event.

General View films will be shown in MegaBox Samsung-dong starting May 9 to May 20th. And then the conversation with the audience, producers and directors will take place later.

http://www.hancinema.net/yoo-ah-in-vs-song-joong-ki-baeksang-arts-awards-unveils-list-of-nominees-94087.html

~~~~~~~~~~~

52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016 - Dramas : Nominees List

photo719659.jpg

52nd Baeksang Arts Awards 2016 will be held on June, 6 2016, here are the nominees for movies.

Online vote hasn't opened yet.

photo719661.jpg

Best Drama

"She Was Pretty" directed by Jeong Dae-yoon

"Signal" directed by Kim Won-seok

"Six Flying Dragons" directed by Sin Kyeong-soo

"Answer Me 1988" directed by Sin Won-ho

"Descendants of the Sun" directed by Baek Sang-hoon and Lee Eung-bok

photo719691.jpg

Best Leading Actor

"Remember" - Namgoong Min

"Descendants of the Sun" - Song Joong-ki

"Six Flying Dragons" - Yoo Ah-in

"Signal" - Jo Jin-woong

"Yong Pal" - Joo Won

http://www.hancinema.net/52nd-baeksang-arts-awards-2016--dramas--nominees-list-94102.html

• Like 2

"Heard It Through the Grapevines", Chinese cosmetics offers Song Joong-ki 10 billion

photo719599.jpg

Song Joong-ki is getting paid by the billions.

The Channel A TV show "Heard It Through the Grapevines" discussed top stars and PPL.

This day's theme was 'a single star creates a sellout' and the MC's mentioned Jeon Ji-hyeon's padded jacket, Song Hye-kyo's lipstick and other top star PPLs.

A knitted sweater worn by Song Joong-ki in "Descendants of the Sun" was sold out even though the price was as astounding 800,000 won or so. It's a 'Song Joong-ki Syndrome' indeed. He has about 10 ads to sign and film at the moment, according to the MCs.

One of the panels said, "Song Joong-ki gets paid 400~500 million won for a single ad normally but "Descendants of the Sun" has doubled that to 1 billion. A cosmetics brand in China offered him 10 billion won".

Another reporter said, "The house that Song Joong-ki lives in is 2.5 billion at sale price and 2 billion in lease. He lives with his parents but the duplex allows him to have private space for himself. Lee Na-young, Won Bin and Ko Hyeon-jeong live in the same area as him".

http://www.hancinema.net/heard-it-through-the-grapevines-chinese-cosmetics-offers-song-joong-ki-10-billion-94088.html

• Like 3

Clara talks about kissing Song Joong-ki in film

Actress Clara talked about her past kiss scene with Song Joong-ki in a recent interview with local media outlet Bnt. 

“It has been long since I last met him,” Clara said of Song, who starred with her in the film “Five Senses of Eros” in 2009. “I am curious if he will remember me. I was a rookie then, so I am thankful to him for helping me out a lot.”
When asked about her ideal male type, she said she likes an honest person. “I want to meet a person who expresses love a lot.”

Bnt also released pictures of Clara in different outfits, including a long white dress that highlighted her elegance. 

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2