2ne1 Has Plans In America?

Guest rachelicious

Isn't that too soon for them to debut in America?

They only debuted for less than 3 months in Korea.

They should focus in the Korea market first.

Idk. I wish them all the best!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Juliang
i don't think their gonna debut there.

i think they're just gonna work on their album in america.

and i don't think YG will debut them THIS early

he still has se7en there to manage.

Just chill okay?

they're not gonna debut there, they will just record some songs there with American Producers, as YG says Interscope and YG will "Exchange Music", so theyre not debuting in US.

i think some of you guys misunderstood

they're not debuting in the states

just exchange/expand their music with the other company

should've chosen a clearer article lol

THEY'RE NOT DEBUTING IN AMERICA.

Sad thing is msome people on Soompi doesn't even bother reading previous posts. The girls are not debuting there and only going there for the album.

Guest emceej

as far as i can see it, they are just working on their next album. they just debuted, what really makes you think YG will speed up their american debut when they only debuted not too long ago
-_-
YG is not that stupid. some of you guys here are just assuming they are. read the article carefully before saying things out of context. if they do debut, there's nothing to really worry about because as far as i know, CL and Sandara are fluent in english. and bom and minji are pretty good also.

oh and someone from interscope really likes CL so that's maybe why they are going to america to record in interscope all of a sudden. i remember reading an article about this one guy sending CL and the rest of the girls those colorful headphones they had for the Fire music video.

Guest kimalli92

I think they should stay longer in Korea. YG's not thinking of competing against JYP in the American market, is he? I know for sure, Dara speaks English because she used to live in the Philippines. CL's quite fluent, too. I don't know with the others though.

Okay, they're not debuting.

Topic starter, please make the first post clear. Thank you.

Guest cyorin

Relax :D I don't think they'd debut in America :] From what I heard, they're just going to do something with the album but they're def not gonna debut there :] Of course it's way too soon for that :]

Guest she-smiles

topic starter needs to help clarify the article before there are any more heart attacks (and misunderstandings).

Guest albeitalways

GAWD PEOPLE THEY ARE NOT DEBUTING IN AMERICA. THEY ARE PREPARING FOR THEIR ALBUM THERE.

At least some people should finish reading the article first before going into conniptions. And thread title is also misleading. >___>

I mean, hello? They haven't even released an album in Korea, and now they're having a debut in America. Does. Not. Make. Sense.

Guest _ATELIER

dude se7en trying to expand in america is already moving at such a slow pace,

even if they were thinking to expand in america, i think they should work on their english (not that it's bad) first.

i just dun wunna see them end up advertising for Verizon wireless just to up their popularity.

Guest pillowbox

3/4 are fluent?

Alot of times when they say they know a language.. it's the basically the greetings.

and, i like them and everything but they haven't fully established themselves in korea yet. isnt it a bit too early?

Guest sgtkixuraz
3/4 are fluent?

Alot of times when they say they know a language.. it's the basically the greetings.

and, i like them and everything but they haven't fully established themselves in korea yet. isnt it a bit too early?

again.. they're just working on the album there, an album that will be released in korea.

um.... no

just cause they're going to America to make music ,d oesn't meant they plan on debuting in America just yet. They just debuted for goodness sakes :rolleyes: They're just going there to work with Interscope. The girls are going to LA b/w June & July -- Their full album in KOREA is coming out in July.

2NE1, who debuted with the digital single ‘Fire’ May 6th, are planning to go to the U.S. with the producers from their company, YG Entertainment, to work with the producers of today’s most popular entertainment company, Interscope.

Interscope is a large company consisted of 130 teams of pop stars including the female singer who gained the hottest popularity in the music industry this year, Lady Gaga, as well as fizz Cat Dolls, Black Eyed Peas, Gwen Stefani, and Dr. Dre.

By the suggestion of YG Entertainment’s Yang Hyun Suk producer, who shares a close friendship with Interscope’s head director, the two companies agreed to exchange music, and it has been decided for YG producers to go to LA in between the end of June and beginning of July.

Original article: http://www.donga.com/fbin/output?n=200906120216

Translation credits to bigbangnyuh

Credits to “.” at DCGD for posting

elaisvip edit: they are not 'debuting' in america, just going to america to 'exchange music' and probably work on some songs.

PS. if sradioclub's writers are going to summarize TRANSLATED articles from other people, I think they should credit the translators too. So unless their source was donga & they directly translated from it themselves & resummarized everything ..they should credit where credit is due.

3/4 are fluent?

CL is from the states

Park Bom went to school in the states (not sure how fluent she is , but based on her enunciation/pronounciation in her English covers ..you can't really hear an accent, just a slight lisp)

Sandara Park lived in the Philippines for quite a while and English is one of the country's national languages. She can speak English perfectly well -- just with a Filipino accent.

YG also claims Minji can speak English ..but idk about her since we haven't heard her speak it yet~

Guest exoticprincess

I didn't know Interscope offered 2ne1 a contract! That is seriously EPIC.

so they pretty much refused it ryt? but still in the future, its effing possible! coolio!!

So basically, they will just get help with the music for their KOREAN album.

Guest Lady K

WOW!!!

talk about TEDDY lefting go of

making songs for Lady Gaga!!

the produced want them!!!!

2NE1!!!!!Fighting !!!

Guest monaero

They're going to America and none of the members are overworked or depressed. I'm super impressed lol. I know it's work related, but it still seems like a mini vacation.

Guest _escape.reality*

definitely way too early for them to debut in america.

they debuted in korea just how long ago ?

yg should definitely help se7en more right now,

rather than 2ne1 debuting in america.

Archived