University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

what's the residence at waterloo like for first year? i heard that generally first year students live in Village I. how is it? What is residence at waterloo like? like i'm probably going for honours arts and business (psychology)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rudorofu

what's the residence at waterloo like for first year? i heard that generally first year students live in Village I. how is it? What is residence at waterloo like? like i'm probably going for honours arts and business (psychology)

Awesome! :D I'm in Arts & Business right now, but I'll be switching out to Honours Arts next term and planning to major in Economics and Psychology :P The residence I was placed in was CLV, never go there if you're too lazy to bus or walk 10 mins. Village 1 has a more social community I guess, but meal plan is mandatory. The rooms look kind of like jail cells...and you have to share the floor with like 10 other people. REV is the party residence. MKV I haven't heard much about, but it's similar to UWP.

• 1 month later...
Guest ForeverPi

Hi, I'm going to be in the honour science program at waterloo and I was wondering about the difficulty level of CHINA 120R based on my proficiency in the language. So, hows the course load (assignments, projects, tests, etc) and the speed at which I will be learning at. I think I have a high chance of being placed in 120R... :/

I speak cantonese, but I was born in Canada so my vocabulary is VERY limited (probably around the level of a 7-9 year old child?...T^T). I can generally start a casual conversation with another cantonese speaker, but not anything beyond that. I also understand a bit of mandarin when it's spoken to me in short, slow-paced sentences.

When learning how to write in Chinese, was it easy to learn and remember all the vocabulary? I don't know how to write any chinese characters except for sky, mountain, you, me....you get the idea....

Also, is it difficult to enroll in a mandarin course if I'm not in the Arts faculty?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest faithpuppy

ForeverPi said: Hi, I'm going to be in the honour science program at waterloo and I was wondering about the difficulty level of CHINA 120R based on my proficiency in the language. So, hows the course load (assignments, projects, tests, etc) and the speed at which I will be learning at. I think I have a high chance of being placed in 120R... :/

I speak cantonese, but I was born in Canada so my vocabulary is VERY limited (probably around the level of a 7-9 year old child?...T^T). I can generally start a casual conversation with another cantonese speaker, but not anything beyond that. I also understand a bit of mandarin when it's spoken to me in short, slow-paced sentences.

When learning how to write in Chinese, was it easy to learn and remember all the vocabulary? I don't know how to write any chinese characters except for sky, mountain, you, me....you get the idea....

Also, is it difficult to enroll in a mandarin course if I'm not in the Arts faculty?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived