University Of Waterloo

Guest Subways

Guest kay.sun123456

^ it depends on what specific program of engineering.. the cutoff is usually mid80s for the specific programs. the AIF is more extensive compared to other faculties. engineering schedules are always a lot more intense than other faculties.. so they just want to make sure that ppl who get admitted can actually stay in without dropping out.

dont be nervous, just keep on participating in extracurriculars cause thats important. its not THAT hard to get into UW engineering. especially since youre female haha.

Thank you, my life saver~~~! That helped a lot, I'm a lot less worried. :lol:

I'm really excited now.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tranberry

Need some help from upper years!

My friend's birthday is this week and we are planning on celebrating her bday at a restaurant. Any recommendations (near UWP)?

I'm not a UW student but my bf is and he says there isn't much around UWP thats good for a bday but he did suggest a place called Meet Point. http://www.meetpoint.ca/index.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LoveStrangled

Anyone have any tips for Eva Lau's econ101 midterms? >___<

Ahh. Study. lol. It's like all multiple choice still right? I took it last year. It was actually pretty easy. The first one cause I took economics in highschool.

Ahh. Study. lol. It's like all multiple choice still right? I took it last year. It was actually pretty easy. The first one cause I took economics in highschool.

Are her midterms easier than her quizzes? Cuz some of the questions on her quizzes are tricky and worded weird D:

Guest Georgianna

Are her midterms easier than her quizzes? Cuz some of the questions on her quizzes are tricky and worded weird D:

Sometimes she reuses her quiz questions in the exams, so study those too!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ariesbaybee

Are there any AFMers currently doing their AOI in East Asian Studies (languages and/or culture courses)?

...am I digging my own grave if I take Chinese all the way to the end? D:

im in the FM stream for afm and im doing my AOI in east asian studies but not specifically in chinese all the way because i got placed in a higher level right from the beginning but thats not the point

id actually say its almost impossible with the way our sequence of courses are laid out especially since we have few spring study terms and a lot of china courses (well the higher level ones) don't run during spring term so its going to be really hard trying to coordinate our afm mandatory courses along with the order you need to be taking the CHINA courses

i say don't go purely for CHINA courses but mix in others as well...like im doing korean, easia and planning to take the upper 300 lvl china courses

im in the FM stream for afm and im doing my AOI in east asian studies but not specifically in chinese all the way because i got placed in a higher level right from the beginning but thats not the point

id actually say its almost impossible with the way our sequence of courses are laid out especially since we have few spring study terms and a lot of china courses (well the higher level ones) don't run during spring term so its going to be really hard trying to coordinate our afm mandatory courses along with the order you need to be taking the CHINA courses

i say don't go purely for CHINA courses but mix in others as well...like im doing korean, easia and planning to take the upper 300 lvl china courses

Ahh kk thanks! The thing is I don't know how to speak mando or read simplified at all .__. will it be hard for me to juggle chinese and the afm courses in second to fourth year?

Guest ariesbaybee

Ahh kk thanks! The thing is I don't know how to speak mando or read simplified at all .__. will it be hard for me to juggle chinese and the afm courses in second to fourth year?

mmm....well i cant really speak from experience since i know mandarin and most of my friends either are canto or mando by nature who take the CHINA courses and they've taken i think up to the 200 lvl courses

but yea in my opinion, i like to take my AOI as something to ease out the workload for my terms since AFM courses in upper year are definitely no joke when it comes to the difficulty...like assignments and midterms every week so do try to take something you will enjoy, have fun and if possible easy =]

for me, i dont know any korean at all but ive taken both the 100 lvl and next term im going to be taking 201 and so far im doing ok in it~~

Guest Pandiiebear

Can anyone give me any solid info about the Accounting an finanace Management (BAFM) program at Waterloo?

I heard Waterloo's business was pretty good as well but its not a Bachelor of Business Admin.... so I'm guessing it's a Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Management? I totally skipped Waterloo when I went to the Ontario Uni. Fair cause I wasn't gonna bother but now, I'm interested.

Someone please provide me some info about the program.

It's in arts, so does that mean it's not great as a BBA? And does that mean I can't go in the direction of becoming a CMA/CGA/CA?

How is the Co-op courses?

Is it just Co-op? Or like Regular classes + Co-op?

Guest o1honey

Can anyone give me any solid info about the Accounting an finanace Management (BAFM) program at Waterloo?

I heard Waterloo's business was pretty good as well but its not a Bachelor of Business Admin.... so I'm guessing it's a Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Management? I totally skipped Waterloo when I went to the Ontario Uni. Fair cause I wasn't gonna bother but now, I'm interested.

It's in arts, so does that mean it's not great as a BBA? And does that mean I can't go in the direction of becoming a CMA/CGA/CA?

Accounting and Financial Management is very different from Arts & Business, in a way that being in BAFM you are expecting to get a designation as a CA, CMA, CFA, CGA(?). You won't be able to get a BBA through the accounting and financial management. Also, you will graduate with a Bachelors of Accounting and Financial Management Degree.

Most courses up to 3rd or 4th year i believe are predetermined in a specific sequence with a co-op term in between. Co-op is not a course O_o, it's your work term. So being in a co-op program, you there will be terms where you are working instead of going to school.

everything you just said is like the opposite of what AFM really is LOL

o1honey pretty much said all the general info about AFM.

Just because it's in arts.. doesn't mean it isn't as great as a BBA. It depends on what you want to do - accounting or general business (& then specializing after). AFM is in arts because UW doesn't have an accounting/business faculty

Check this website out for more info: http://accounting.uwaterloo.ca/

I'm in first year BBA at Laurier (the university across from Waterloo lol) and I can guess I can help answer some questions because I was interested in the AFM program as well.

The BBA is a bachelor geared towards management and not accounting. It's more directed to people becoming managers than accountants or fianance positions (BComm preferred). If you're truly interested in accounting and you know what designation you want to be, then the AFM is your best bet.

If you also look at the websites for each designation there's a certain requirement of courses that has to be fulfilled to take the next level. Pretty much all universities offer these courses but some are certified and can thus lower your time at getting your designation. In such as the Waterloo's AFM where you wanna be a CA, upon completion, you earn your 51 credit hours and gain some work hours and can skip to just doing the UFE examination.

I'm not sure about the co-op courses and stuff like that because I'm in Laurier lol. Hope it helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived