I'm a 1A SYDE student, well not anymore actually, I failed :'(

I'm going to do QPR in the fall though and won't slack off this time!! :D

Where did you work in the fall term?

And have you guys started using E5 yet?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MeltingSnow

2A Co op

Math/Business Waterloo/Laurier Student

Haha, I was looking through this, and didn't expect a Laurier kid, although double degree doesn't really count;

is Laurier 2nd year, not double though. /: Just business.

is anyone going to waterloo on april to write the admission assignment for accounting co-op:?:D

I wrote the stupid AFMAA when it was first administered in 2007 =P haha! It was quite the interesting experience since all the students applying and the staff administering it, both didn't know what to expect X_X Good luck though =) I wrote mine in January (Or Feb?) cuz I had to take time off school and drive there and blah.... =P

Haha, I was looking through this, and didn't expect a Laurier kid, although double degree doesn't really count;

is Laurier 2nd year, not double though. /: Just business.

Me too =) I'm a Laurier kid... but I have friends who are in UW (and housemates!)

I'm only in business though, but at least co-op ^^

--xoxo.

TM

Guest JulianJulian

LOL ya there's barely any asian kid at laurier

most of them are G's from Scarborough so I doubt they come on Soompi

Guest OyabunTK

if you go to Waterloo...if you don't already know them, I'd strongly suggest learning Canto or Russian, those are the main languages on campus.

Guest aznpersuazn

if you go to Waterloo...if you don't already know them, I'd strongly suggest learning Canto or Russian, those are the main languages on campus.

This is VERY true!

Quite a bit of Korean too.

What about Mando though, that's also a major language there...

Guest AiMango

Canto used to be big in this region but now its mostly mando and korean. there are actually a ton of koreans at UW. I didnt know about Russian though : O

Guest aznpersuazn

Canto used to be big in this region but now its mostly mando and korean. there are actually a ton of koreans at UW. I didnt know about Russian though : O

Agreed

Guest JulianJulian

Mandarin ppl everywhere :) I am mandarin lol.

Most of them just chill in MC labs / DC cubicles thats why u don't see them often

Guest aznpersuazn

Mandarin ppl everywhere :) I am mandarin lol.

Most of them just chill in MC labs / DC cubicles thats why u don't see them often

They're also in the DC basement.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lmfao

Hi all. I got into Rec and Leisure REGULAR Honours program, Term 2B. I've a couple of questions:

01) I'm an international student unfamiliar with Canadian/Waterloo "terms." Does Term 2B refer to the 2nd semester of the 2nd year (out of a total of 4 years) of study at Waterloo? Sorry if it's a bit of a dumb question, just making sure :P

02) How are the REGULAR programs compared to the Co-op ones? I understand that co-op entails paid work which is a big advantage in itself but what about the regular programs? Are they still worth it? How do regular program students get any work experience/networking done then...? Is there anyway to get into co-op or at least get an internship even if you're part of the regular program?

03) Has anyone had to or chose to defer Waterloo? How was the process for you? There's a possibility I MIGHT HAVE TO defer my offer 'til next year.

04) Who has experienced moving into Waterloo as an upper-class, transfer student?

Thanks, I hope someone can help me out!

Guest aznpersuazn

Hi all. I got into Rec and Leisure REGULAR Honours program, Term 2B. I've a couple of questions:

01) I'm an international student unfamiliar with Canadian/Waterloo "terms." Does Term 2B refer to the 2nd semester of the 2nd year (out of a total of 4 years) of study at Waterloo? Sorry if it's a bit of a dumb question, just making sure :P

02) How are the REGULAR programs compared to the Co-op ones? I understand that co-op entails paid work which is a big advantage in itself but what about the regular programs? Are they still worth it? How do regular program students get any work experience/networking done then...? Is there anyway to get into co-op or at least get an internship even if you're part of the regular program?

03) Has anyone had to or chose to defer Waterloo? How was the process for you? There's a possibility I MIGHT HAVE TO defer my offer 'til next year.

04) Who has experienced moving into Waterloo as an upper-class, transfer student?

Thanks, I hope someone can help me out!

Hi,

1) Yes, 2B refers to the second term of the second year out of however many years your program has.

2) Regular programs are a bit less helpful because you don't get the work experience, and thus you are pretty unexposed by the time you graduate. Though this is the case, I'm sure you can find related work during your off-terms. The university MIGHT be able to assist you with this, I'm not sure. Ask. If your program offers a co-op side, I'd suggest looking into that, as most co-op students i believe graduate with a permanent job offer at the least.

3) Can't answer

4) Can't answer

Hope this was somewhat helpful to you :)

Good Luck (Y)

Guest everlastingxx3

Hey Waterloo people!

Does anyone know the cut off for Honours Arts program this year?

On the site its says high 70s but I highly doubt that.

If I don't get in waterloo or western, I have to stay at home! T~T

Guest 1n_c0mplete

Hey Waterloo people!

Does anyone know the cut off for Honours Arts program this year?

On the site its says high 70s but I highly doubt that.

If I don't get in waterloo or western, I have to stay at home! T~T

its actually closer to around mid 70s

not too sure about western though :P

Guest AiMango

Is there a min. calculus mark you have to have for them to consider you?

I applied for coop comp. sci.

you need a combined avg of 75% in any eng course, adv functions, and calc. dont worry about not getting an offer yet, i have a friend who got 100% in 12U CS last semester and 90+ math marks and for some reason he still hasnt been accepted into cs coop o.0

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fr0z3nt34r5

Omg, are there any chances of getting into waterloo arts and business program wiht and English 12 U mark of mid 60s? i know my friends really wants to get in and she's had it tough since her adv. functions teacher and english teacher were VERY strict and basically made people change pathways.

Archived