Kimchi Stankin Up The Whole House

Guest chaotichavoc

Guest chaotichavoc

okay. so i live in the typical korean household where kimchi is big.

and...i no i shuld, and i'm a disgrace to koreans, but i do not eat kimchi, but all that biz about kimchi makes u taller and healthier is all BS.

i'm 6'1 freshmen and i'm healthy as hell, and i've ate kimchi maybe three times in my life.

but anyways, my mom has to make kimchi atleast 3 times a year, and wenever she does..IDK but it stanks up my house.

i mean, it doesnt really make ME smell like in school cuz i dont make it lol, and i no i don't smell..

but it JUST appeared to me that kimchi is a pain in the butt.

like u no the FRESHLY made kimchi stench that lasts like 3 ficking days?

that smell transfered to my north face backpack..

and i culdnt use that shhhhiiz for a good 3 days, where i had to air it out..

my house is kinda decent size..

and idk why it smells so bad...WHY?!?!

and how can i fix it? like keep it from smelling bad in my ROOM.

Er, get an air freshener? Although I don't know how well that would mix in with the kimchi smell.

I don't hate kimchi but I don't love it either.

Lol 3 times a year? My mom makes it once every two weeks because she likes to share.

Febreze always works for me and opening my windows when my mom makes food with 됀장 in it, which in my opinion, smells worse.

Guest chaotichavoc

Er, get an air freshener? Although I don't know how well that would mix in with the kimchi smell.

I don't hate kimchi but I don't love it either.

Lol 3 times a year? My mom makes it once every two weeks because she likes to share.

Febreze always works for me and opening my windows when my mom makes food with 됀장 in it, which in my opinion, smells worse.

lol..i bought that recently and it's BS..DOES NOT WORK lol.

and i'd rather have dwenjang cuz that goes away after a day.

KIMCHI CABBAGE STENCH?!?!

sticks to EVERYTHING AND STAYS ON

I know what you mean. I sometimes eat it in my room and my mom comes in and goes "ew". The strong is smell and not that pleasant, and considering how nobody in my family even likes it, they are not used to the smell haha Well, what I do on warm days when it's still daytime is open the windows. If not, I open up the air freshener in my room. The smell will eventually go away and if you are worried that your clothes will keep on smelling, don't change into what you will wear to go out until you are getting ready to go out.

Guest oh_miracle

i would have suggest opening all windows and go around spraying air-freshener around the house,

but since you say it doesnt work....i dont know what to recommend. ^^;

Guest twinkle_l0ve

Yeah, the smell is hard to get rid of. I just wait it out.

Chung gook jang is the worst though. That smell lasts for a week at my house.

omg chung gook jang makes me wanna move out for a week

all you can do is wait it out.. or move out for a week

Guest mstar

I must be some hardcore Korean or something. I love all the afformentioned foods, along with the fact that I don't mind the smell at all.

In terms of controlling the smell, not to sure-- we're the typical Korean family now with the seperate 김치냉장고 so never had the issue of it smelling all over the place. What I do mind though, is the smell of whatever container the 김치 was held in. No matter how many times you wash it, it will never ever leave.

Guest wicked_

I love kimchi '__' We never make it though cause my grandma refuses to let a good jar go to "waste" LOL she always goes to her friend's house to make it..and we're not Koreans.

Guest Akire73

LOL, my mom makes it in the kitchen, where my room is the closest. She puts on a fan, opens the windows and I don't smell it. It`s like... grown on me or something.

Guest Phaze5ive

There's a guy at my gym that sweats kimchi. Needless to say, he clears an area pretty quick.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest erika.march1993

haha have you ever noticed that if you eat kimchi and fart, your fart smells like kimchi? lol.

Guest slllam

Dude this is what I had to deal like all through high school.

Living in America being Korean.

I don't know when it started but when I started being self aware of smell.

It's actually quite good knowing that another person went through the same mini cooper I went through. Even though that sounds pretty selfish, for that person is going through that.

Guest simplicit

typical problem for koreans with moms with make their own

kimchi at home. just ventilate it out, and make sure

you keep your room (where your clothes are) closed whenever

she makes them & after.

Archived