The Sims 3

Guest melzbellz

Guest sallyen

I'm kinda loving it, but I'm also a little disappointed.

I was really looking forward to the Create-a-Sims mode, but it was just a huge dissapointment :( I'm used to pretty sims, but I guess I just have to wait for the mods.

Pros:

- Build-A-House Mode is absolutely fricking NICE! It's gorgeous! I can spend hours creating a house!

- No loading time! It's loads WAY faster than TS1 & TS2.

- Traits. You can make different sims with the traits.

- The look of the city. It's very pretty.

- You can design everything! Also change the color of everything. That's pretty cool.

- Babies are not as difficult & annoying as they were in TS2.

Cons:

- Create-a-Sim. Not much clothes to choose from and all sims look like each other. They are pretty, but they look like play dough. (I wonder how the mods are going to create things for TS3 :s)

- The speeds are not fast enough!

- I HATE THE CONTROLS! It's really annoying and difficult to work with......

- No butlers nor robots :(

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started playing a few days ago and it's been pretty fun.

Just a question, does anybody know how I can edit/modify my shortkey commands? I especially want to assign the TILT command to keys on the keyboard. Do i need MODs? Or is there a file i can edit or anything? Thanks.

Guest choliese

i just bought the game today and loving it so far

the only thing is you cant really drag around the screen like in sims 1 =x

Guest Malice_Kaiser

I just spent all this time building my first house. I'm not done but I hadn't saved when the game FROZE on me. I just left it running and it eventually unfroze, but now it won't go into live mode. I can do build mode and buy mode just fine, but the ONE MODE I need to be on in order to save, will not work.

DEFINITE CON. Can't save unless in live mode. At least it's a con for me right now, I'm going to lose a lot of save data .____.;;;

Also the fact that you can't scroll/move the screen with the mouse, you HAVE to hit the arrow keys. It's annoying.

Other than that, I LOVE the sick customization. There might not be a lot of clothing styles to choose from now, but there's soooo many different colors and (for some) designs to choose from, it's amazing.

Guest Airporte

Also the fact that you can't scroll/move the screen with the mouse, you HAVE to hit the arrow keys. It's annoying.

Do you mean putting the mouse to the edge of the monitor and then having the screen move? If you do, there's a setting for that in the options section. I think it's in the little cogs tab. Just enable it and it should start working.

That annoyed me too, at first.

Just played it for 3 hours and I have to agree that it is a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. For those who love and play the Sims 2, just stick to it.. they've added all these little details in the Sims 3 but none of the really fun parts from the Sims 2.. Everything is stupidly limited and the sims are freaking ugly compared to the Sims 2.

and something that's really bizarre that to me it seems like Fast Speed x2 is about the same as x3 and FASTER than ultra x4... O_o

I definitely agree! I'm just gonna stick to Sims 2 v_v I'm superrr impatient, so I get really annoyed when I have to wait like 10 minutes for my stupid sim to finish sleeping or come back from work = = Teh game is too complicated for me now :3

Guest sallyen

Do you mean putting the mouse to the edge of the monitor and then having the screen move? If you do, there's a setting for that in the options section. I think it's in the little cogs tab. Just enable it and it should start working.

THANKS! I was so annoyed <_<

Seriously I'm in love with the build-mode. It's super gorgeous.

Me and my sis made this house a couple of days ago:

Screenshot-2.jpg

Screenshot-3.jpg

^ That's a gorgeous house! LOL I don't have time to make houses, takes too long.

I bought the game two days ago and I love it! I'm getting used to the controls and stuff but it's pretty cool how you can design everything. I'm still not too impressed with the Sims themselves, they need to make it a bit better.

I dragged my butt to best buy and got myself Sims 3.

I LOVE making the sims (lol i only got that far so far). I can make asian looking sims now and putting highlights on sims hair..

It does load a lot faster than 2.

I wonder it's because there are no expansion packs or customizations installed though.

edit:

My sims was smoking. XD

zlwx8k.jpg

It does feel a bit empty. Less objects to buy, I think even less than without any expansion packs in Sims 2. oh well. there's more variety.

It's weird that I can't go into any building except for the library. And is there just one town? (and the bonus town, which I'm too lazy to check out right now). What I like about it the most is that my computer doesn't feel like it's dying.

Oh the eyebrows do bother me. I can't make them any thinner. They look like caterpillars :P But the eys are so much better than Sims 2 (which felt so dead)

Guest Malice_Kaiser

That was exactly what I was talking about. Thank you!!

To people complaining about the sims being uglier: it's all about starting with the right head. Keep hitting the randomize button until you get one that looks "workable."

(For example, don't start with someone who has that "double chin" that morphs into their neck. If you don't want that make sure you START OFF with one with a sharper jawline and prettier chin, because that "neck flap" I couldn't fix in itself)

There's way more options in the facemaking section so it gets better with practice.

Am I going crazy or are there no hot tubs in this game? Did I just not find them yet?

Guest lovemelody.

i'm going to pick up the game today:]

but idk if i should get the collectors edition or not

is it worth it? ><

Guest Nynna

i want to try this game really bad >< i don't have that darn video card for the pixel shader thingy though >.> -sighs- oh well i'll just stick to my TS2.

I love the graphics :D And i spent a week trying to get Agnes Crumplebottom woohoo with Erik Darling (a ghost) and after she had the baby, she got a phone call and got the opportunity to bring Erik's tomb to the science lab to make him playable :D I love this game.

LMFAO. <333 That is winnnn.

I haven't tried out the sportscar yet, but I can't tell you guys if the Collector's Edition is worth it yet, hahaha.

Guest cupcake-siu

omg i so excited to get this game!!! ><

I'm totally making Big Bang with GDragon as my wife :D

and if I get bored of that I'll put Kim Hyun Joong from SS501 in and have an affair xD LOL ^^"

and apparently these Sims can have babies... :o

[edit] all the sims look like each other?

:( aw damn.

at least building houses is fun :D

Guest rawwwr

Whatever you do, do NOT give more money to EA by buying items with REAL money.

Unless you're that desperate to spend $20 on a sofa.

There really wasn't a lot of furniture/hair/clothes, especially for the boy sims ><

and it feels like EA's trying to monopolize the whole custom content thing because I heard that custom content was harder to make in the sims 3 than in the sims 2

edit:

My sims was smoking. XD

http://i42.tinypic.com/zlwx8k.jpg

Haha, my sim looked like that too after I made him explore the catacombs in the cemetery

He keeps running into zombie bears xD

I like the sims 3, and how the whole town ages. In the sims 2, one of my main families had great-great-grandchildren, and they were still only adults xD

but I kinda miss playing with prettier looking sims, :lol:

the only thing that I didn't really like was the one active family per town.

I miss making sim clans and making them rivals and whatnot xD

Guest cupquakee.

edit:

My sims was smoking. XD

http://i42.tinypic.com/zlwx8k.jpg

lols just a random comment but i'm living in that house too!

there are some things i like about sims 3 like giving yourself your own traits and stuff but i perfer sims 2 more mainly cause i think it's funner

the speeds are WAYYY to slow on sims 3 it drives me crazy!

Guest Deluge

Oh, goodness! I was so excited to get The Sims 3 but after hearing all the cons (especially slower game play, uglier sims, and less objects), I don't know if I want it anymore. And besides, I don't think my laptop can handle it. :( Maybe I'll just wait and see.

lols just a random comment but i'm living in that house too!

there are some things i like about sims 3 like giving yourself your own traits and stuff but i perfer sims 2 more mainly cause i think it's funner

the speeds are WAYYY to slow on sims 3 it drives me crazy!

lol it's a cool house.

Ppl complain about the speed, but you can put it in window mode now (in options somewhere). I let it run in the background while watching shows/msn/surfing the web. I think there was a cheat for window for Sims 2 but I couldn't figure it out.

There really wasn't a lot of furniture/hair/clothes, especially for the boy sims ><

and it feels like EA's trying to monopolize the whole custom content thing because I heard that custom content was harder to make in the sims 3 than in the sims 2

Haha, my sim looked like that too after I made him explore the catacombs in the cemetery

He keeps running into zombie bears xD

I like the sims 3, and how the whole town ages. In the sims 2, one of my main families had great-great-grandchildren, and they were still only adults xD

but I kinda miss playing with prettier looking sims, :lol:

the only thing that I didn't really like was the one active family per town.

I miss making sim clans and making them rivals and whatnot xD

My sim turned like that after work one day

Ah.. no wonder it felt so empty :( boo. I hope someone's going to figure out how to make custom content...

Archived