少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

And Gee's sales record beat the highest sales in a week for last year's (2008's) top female album, which was overall a record I believe. Hanteo sales aren't reliable either though because they only pool some stores but not all. I know people feel skeptical about SM's numbers, but they are the main distributors, so they're the ones that send out the albums, to the stores that place the pre-orders. I really wish MIAK's site was still around T_T even though their updates were slow we at least got numbers.

I know that my eemo's brother went to like sooo many different stores yesterday to try and get his hands on "Genie" but all the stores were sold out in Korea that he went to. Which is a good sign imo.

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lishathestain

^tell me about it. my bf went to 2 stores near his hotel in Jeju and they didn't have anymore left. the people told him to go to Seoul lmao.

The one on the right is actually the ranking of being searched.... if u clicked on the word it will direct u to the articles list related to that word, sort of like the function on naver and daum that kind of news site.... and the numbers are like.... total of comments... I think....

ahh ic ic thanks :D

lisha, one year later is on repeat for me too.

maybe because we're biased like that.

is it me, but at some point of time. sica really sound like seohyun?!

... and must i repeat that one year later is so so so good.

i love that song~

i swear i say this so many times alr, but still i can't help it.

why hello i'm typing while listening to one year later rofl.

it might be the bias but heck it's a good song even without being biased :P

and yea i think it's because seohyun & sica have like -not the same- but almost similar singing voice? like the soft&high type kinda?

sica's voice is definitely one those 'either you like it or you don't' type though lol.

Guest silis7noy

Yes don't think of Hanteo numbers as actual sales numbers. They're estimated to only track about 80% of sales but even that percentage varies among different artists. People use Hanteo because it's the only one availble and it's used for Music Bank and the numbers can still be used to compare sales between artists so it's useful.

Few hours later today in Korea Hanteo realtime numbers will start to update hourly and Sones are going to be watching it closely every hour - It's pretty exciting and suspenseful watching the numbers go up hourly. 2nd day sales should be around 3000 but there seems to be some hints of unexpected sales...

Guest snail.

I must be one weird fan but I'm quite disappointed with the mini-album, but yet, I'm extremely excited with GENIE promotion.

It's just that I expected something more different ? I really can't compare between their first and second album, though. I like Genie, Boyfriend, My Child and One Year Later. I'm not digging Girlfriend, it's just so weird rofl but that mini-album is very summer-ish. I wonder if those were recorded during the 9 months break or not.

Oh and the pictures are extremely good looking ! Everytime there's a new pic, the girls always surprise me *__* so jealous

While I think the songs could be a bit more different, I can't help but think that their full length album will be huge :lol:

Chinchin this wednesday ! only the 9 of them ! yay !

Guest catalima

Seriously Jassica? I hope SM will correct the typo >< it's great to see Genie sell so much. It won't be to tight for Tiffany to appears in Oppa Band now that Genie promotion has started?

Guest fallen*angel

Oh my goodness. =O

How convenient!

MNet Star Watch 24 [10.12.07] (en) 1/3

cr;soshisubs

This video is back in 2007 in INTW days and

Yuri says in the interview @ 8:23

Question; If God can grant you any ability, what ability

would you like to wish for?

Yuri: I, Yuri, would like to wish for the ability to

have a magic genie lamp. Because.. huh?

a269vd.jpg

Snsd: Your not making sense!

SooYoung: What are you talking about?

Yuri: You're so hard to please SooYoung...

If I can have a genie, I can keep on asking for my wishes

Tiffany: You can only ask for one wish!

SooYoung: That's right! A genie can grant you only one wish!

Yuri: Then we'll call on genie's friends...

I SWEAR!

I bet Yuri pitched in the Idea of

Tell me your wish(Genie) for Sm

=p

Guest Haneul~

^lol 18th time for me. yea i've been putting it on repeat :P

exactly. i know some people would be like "who cares about others. snsd's singing for the fans" or wtvr. but i do care =\

it's like i've seen a LOT of people outside soompi who really dig Genie and actually tried to like the girls you know?

it means something when there's more people liking the girls lol. but then they listened to the mini album.. and well let's just say they expected more mature songs.

and i know the girls won't change just like that and i don't expect them to.. but that doesn't mean i want them to go back to kissing you days.

bleh maybe it's cuz i'm friggin' old compare to most of snsd fans so yea we kinda expect different things i guess. sorry if i offended you guys.

i'm just glad the girls are back. and i do noticed that the girls' vocals have improved & that Sooyoung/Sunny/Hyo got more parts than usual <3

as of now my rank of their new songs would be :

1. Genie

2. OYL

3. Bf

4. Etude / Gf (i kinda like Gf more..)

5. My Child

I was thinking the same before but we need to see the other point .

SNSD is known for their not sexy style, so many young people like them specially for their gee song.

they can't jsut go to the sexy style. they need to move step by step like now.

We have more mature songs like Genie & Boyfriend? but in the other hand they still have their unique concept in Etude & Girlfriend.

Many fans can not like snsd if they just go to a more mature concept so fast. I'm sure in the next CD we will have a more mature cd like Genie.

Guest chungmah.

Yeah.. I'm hoping for a second album soon but I'm thinking it will come out next year?

Promotions for Genie will go on for 2-3 months and then they'll take another break, unless they plan to come back for Fall..

You know me. I just love SNSD songs so I'm always ready for new ones.

Guest KsDreams

^I wouldnt be surprise if the 2nd album comes in november...

Hmmm did KBS Joy broadcasted Hello Baby ep2 today or is it tomorrow? I'm dying to watch it but it seems that nobody has upload it yet. T-T

Guest Haneul~

^I wouldnt be surprise if the 2nd album comes in november...

Hmmm did KBS Joy broadcasted Hello Baby ep2 today or is it tomorrow? I'm dying to watch it but it seems that nobody has upload it yet. T-T

me too... remember the girls said the year will start with SNSD and end with SNSD lol ~

I can't' wait for scans in hq of the mini album T.T

Guest Cosmic

SNSD = Tell Me Your Wish (Genie) [Dance Performance Video]

This is a contemplation video designed for those wanting to learning the dance moves. I hope you enjoy and it you like subscribe. PLEASE WATCH IN HQ DOWNLOAD LINK: at youtube page

LINK:

Enjoy!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUAfkzd1Di4

Here's a video that some guys have already done.

Guest pwnzrz

ONE YEAR LATER: OKAY SERIOUSLY, THIS SONG IS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE. I've played it 50000000 times already, their voices together is so lovely. Jassica, when she first sings, ah she gave me goosebumps, seriously her voice is so soothing and pretty and I am in love with it, and then Onew sings and it's lovely once more lol. The two together was a good match, and Jassica's vocals were really strong. SM, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE let them perform this live!!!!!!!!

Fixed. lol. SM misspelled Jessica's name!

20090629_soshi_1.jpg

Girlfriend: The song makes me so nostalgic (reminds me of the japanese anime I used to watch when I was younger). It just took me to that place. And OH MY GAH: THAT HIGH NOTE IN GIRLFRIEND!!!! I think that it was Sunny, but I'm not exactly sure, but dang that was freaking pretty! Beautifully done.

I think that's Sunny too : D I loved it as well, like many ppl haha

In this album, it seems like more girls get to showcase their vocals (Sooyoung, Sunny, Seohyun...) that's good ^^

Genie is still my fav. from the album; nothing can beat it lol

Girlfriend: I agree GF has a really J-POP feel to it. First time I listened to it I didn't really thought much about it... but I'm liking it more & more haha sounds retro =D I really love the girls voices here.

Boyfriend: I don't mind the engrish intro tho. I was a bit surprised XD upbeat song.

Random but I like Sica's line few sec. before the end w/ the digitalized sound in the bg ^^

Etude: type of songs they did in the past (like Day By Day/Little Boat, etc.) it's cute...

I enjoy it more when the girls perform it I think. Could've been a song from the Gee album imo ._.

My Child: okay so this is the one that many had different opinions on xD haha

Like someone said it sounds like what you could hear in a parade and from lolly88: it's like a choir song, I agree too ^^

To me it feels like it could be from their 1ST album... that's why I understand it felt weird to some since the girls comeback w/ a more mature side...

One Year Later: OST song like, definitely! haha I like it best when they sing together towards the end. I'm not a ballad type of person so yeah that's it xD

If I had to pick favs: Genie, Girlfriend & Boyfriend~

@fallen*angel: good find! funny, she said the same thing in this interview too (but this time in 2008 haha ~ KY days):

magyurien6.th.jpg

>>translated in english<< credits; SSF Forums.

[...] Magic Lamp Genie: I'd bring along Genie with me and it'll solve all my problems and perform magics~

^^

Guest Radish

Thoughts:

Genie - My favorite off the mini-album. I love Taeyeon's lines!

Etude - Fun and summery. Reminds me of their first album. :)

Girlfriend - Old Jpop-ish sounding. It gives off a sort of nostalgic feeling... The harmonization parts sound kind of like Clazziquai.

Boyfriend - The introduction was... yeah (western radio has corrupted my mind), but I love the beat and melody. It was kind of overly repetative with "Boyfriend" as the chorus. It sounds oddly reminescent of another song I heard before.

My Child - Now this, I liked the song, in fact, I liked all of the songs on the mini-album but I don't think that it fits (especially with the guns in the photobook). I agree that it does sound like a SMTown/Disney parade/children's song.

One Year Later - The duet was okay. I think I set my expectations too high with this one, mainly because: 1) I love duets; 2) I loved the Onew & Jonghyun's 'Please Don't Go'. Sica got to show off her vocals in the song so plus, plus, plus. I'm just not feeling it right now.

Ranking: #1 Genie; #2 Boyfriend; #3 Etude; #4 Girlfriend; #5 One Year Later; #6 My Child

But it'll probably turn into this: #1 Genie; #2 Etude; #3 One Year Later; #4 Girlfriend; #5 Boyfriend; #6 My Child

I really like 'Etude'. Haha.

Guest snail.

Anyone think that My Child could have been an acapella song as well ? They harmonize a lot in that song and if they removed the MR, it could sound even better with just the girls' voices :P

Guest baby-swts

MNet Star Watch 24 [10.12.07] (en) 1/3

cr;soshisubs

lol thats awesome! Yuri predicted the future :D

I wonder if they stumbled upon this interview and thought of

writing and making genie :P

AND WHAT THE **** MANNNN!?!?! :angry:

I cant believe they messed up Jessica's name <_<

not cool

i got to say i love all the song in the 2nd mini album its like adding different ingredient/flavor into the album..... some of the song may take time to grow on you... =D but once it grow on you.. you'll love it... i'm not disappointed with the 2nd mini album ...the whole album is on repeat for me ^^..... btw no hello baby in youtube yet T-T..... hello baby where r u?.....

Archived