少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

Guest Talesy

Haha I actually LOVE the new mini album. Waaay better than Gee ! I love Genie, Etude, Girlfriend and Boyfriend, the two others are okay (I'm not a big fan of ballads so i'm not surprised). About My Child, it's a fairytail song, I think it's great they used the instrumental related to the topic of the song. It's smart.

I'm definitely not disappointed ! When I think about the fact that I didn't like Himnae, Dear Mom and Let's Talk About LOVE that much, I'm glad I'm loving more songs this time. Gee was a mix of different genres, and I would say Genie is more a mix of Cute and Mature. I really really like it.

Anyway I hope people who don't like the mini album yet will like it in the end. The songs might grow on you. And it's not because you don't like it that it's an album made in a hurry rofl. I actually think it was well prepared, well it's my opinion ^^

Edit : I love My Child so much now *_*_*_*_* <3

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mandapanda

i like 4 out of 6 of the songs~ which means i really like the album haha. i can imagine myself listening to these songs all summer lol.

btw the onsica duet is so romantic like for an ost idk i love it so much~ i will wait for the day when they perform this song on stage.

omggggggggggggggggggggggg you have no idea how much i love this song o.o

Guest roseseraphix
dude seriously my least fave has got to be My Child. it's like.. a disney lullaby or something D: like i won't mind if it's for a Winter SM Town album cuz it sounds like those kinda songs & i can see them using it on a Disney Parade..

i know we've said that we're glad SNSD won't just leave their teen-selves and turned to fierce&mature just in one mini-album. but My Child's not even 'teen'.

it's like.. we got miley cyrus.. and even her won't sing My Child DX

sigh. it's not like i hate the song ya know.. it's just. i expected Etude to be the 'lightest' song in the album.. but even i like Etude better than My Child rofl.

rofl! i love my child~ so high pitched! especially the chorus~ my child is the forth fav song of mine in the album~ it's still my fave~ XD i actually like all the songs in the mini album @@

hahaha actually i like it

the whole disney kinda song

the weird english lol XD

the kinda jpop sounds XD

nevertheless soshi never said they will change 180 degree in this album

they just going a BIT mature with genie (and boyfriend) i supposed

the songs in the album itself tbh i like it better than Gee's album

yah girfriend not really my fave but the rest ok to me

so my order fave song would be

Genie

Boyfriend

Etude

1 year later

My child

Girlfriend

it's not like SM the only company with SUCK english duh @_@ they're singing in korean so what with 2-3 engrish words lol XD not like they sing in full engrish song

and ow it's def summer kinda songs lol XD cept Genie with the seductive beat lol

Guest fara_diggory

i'm currently hearing all their songs in the 2nd mini album....my comment after the 1st time hearing them....

Girlfriend - gosh, so many Sica's voice..huhu but i like it. but its not as memorable as genie..and i will love to play it when i have any sleepover or trip with my friends

One Year Later - gosh, i love it more than their other ballad...it's the best..i think i love it more than Fany-K.Will ....goshhh. i need the lyric rite now..this is my fav song ...its so love~!!!

My Child - i love the piano intro..the harmonization/acapela-like is so jjang..haha..the circus sound is so random..it's a happy song..i'll enjoy it if i'm with myfriends, but alone, i dont think so..but somehow, it make me smile..dunno y..oh, the final part, like a koir.. *miss my memories at school*

Boyfriend - even there ar some engrish....but guess what...i like this song..dunno y..but it makes my shoulder n feet moves...hahah..the falseto for 'naye boyfriend' is so soothing...they're so great...

this album actually shows the girls' versatility...they can sing any song, just give it to them, they'll make it sound great..

and i'm sure to buy this album....

in Gee mini album - my fav are Gee,Himnae and Dearmom

in Genie mini album - my fav are Genie, Etude, One Year Later and Boyfriend.....

so i think, i'll buy this album for sure...

huhu

ok so just backtrack and ppl complaining bout the intro in Boyfriend LOL XD XD

it could mean give the gals their love, or money or flowers or whatever hahaha it doesnt always have to mean "inappropriate thing" XD i think it's actually ppl who make it inappropriate by thinking that way hahaha

you can can take it as positive things XD

Guest ningmeng

i love love love one year later~

because im biased like that.

and onew's voice is nice too. :blush:

i love boyfrnd too~~~

the intro is nth to me though.

Gee album i love 3/5 songs.

gee, way to go and dear mom.

Genie album i love 3/6 songs.

genie, boyfriend and one year later.

seriously, makes no difference.

because the 1st album.

i only loved complete, INTW (which is a single), girls generation and kissing you.

4/11 songs.

i think im just happy that the girls got to show us different sides through their 1st album and 2 minialbums.

i love love love the girls for showing us the different sides. :D

Guest silis7noy

Interesting to read many people have many different opinions of the new songs :) And Korean fans have yet more different opinions ^^ Keep it coming

ss.jpg

sss.jpg

zzz.jpg

ts.jpg

yh.jpg

sh-1.jpg

zz.jpg

zzzz.jpg

Guest KsDreams

^

^

^

LOL I couldnt help but think about the "inappropriate" meaning when I listened to it but then, I agree with what SOY said. I also think that if you are used to western music and the huge amount of explicit lyrics (LOL) then it's quite normal to be "shocked" or have "inappropriate" thoughts when listening to the few lines in Boyfriend.

But yeah, it's probably give them their love. IT MUST BE! XD

And I must say, I forget about Etude, My Child and Girlfriend for now. Boyfriend is just AWESOME! I'm addict to it already...it's on constant replay. I love the girls' clear voices in it and all the ad-libs. I dont care, if they promote another song, they have to pick Boyfriend! (then later explain in the MV the whole "give it to me" lol)

Guest fara_diggory

anyone have the romanization for the "one year later" lyric?

i'm searc hing for it everywhere, but still cant get it..

06. One Year Later

한참을 꿈을 꾼 것 같아

한동안 헤매고 헤매다

마치 약속이라도 한 듯

내 계절을 거슬러 그 날처럼

마주 서있는 우리

그 때 우리가 써내려갔던 아름다웠던 이야기

그 때 우리가 기도했었던 영원 하자던 약속들

하나씩 떠올리다 나의 가슴이

견디지 못 할걸 알기에

네 생각에 꾹꾹 참았어

너의 일 년은 또 어땠었니

한참을 잊은 채 살았지

한동안 괜찮은 듯 했어

하지만 시간이 흐르면 깨달아 가고 있어

너 없이는 나는 안 된다는 걸

그 때 우리가 아주 조금만 어른스러웠더라면

그 때 우리가 미처 몰랐던 지금을 알았더라면

끝이 없는 후회만 되 뇌이다가 이겨낼 자신이 없어서

그 것 마저 꾹꾹 참았어

그렇게 일 년이 흘러왔어

혹시 너도 내 맘 같을까

다시 한 번만 기회를 주겠니

이젠 알아 절대로 우리는 헤어질 수 없어

사랑하고 또 사랑하는 한사람

우리 좋았던 처음 그 때로 다시 돌아갔으면 해

아름다웠고 행복했었던 사랑이었던 날들로

가슴 아픈 얘기들 헛된 다툼들

이젠 모두 다 묻어 두고

다신 꺼내지 말기로 해

계절이 또 흘러 몇 년이 지나도

오늘 같은 맘만 다신 없게

cr:naver

Guest ningmeng
Interesting to read many people have many different opinions of the new songs :) And Korean fans have yet more different opinions ^^ Keep it coming

haha. i want to know what the korean fans feel.

lol. got a feeling that their favourite song from the album is different from most of us here.

... and any comment from the netizens?

repeated one year later for the 5th time!

love love love that song.

Guest Lishathestain

^lol 18th time for me. yea i've been putting it on repeat :P

yeah i know what you mean...I'm also sad to see the girls growing up and stuff, we want them to stay young and cheerful but at the same time, we also want them to grow away from the cutesy songs.

Also the sad thing is, I think lot of people started to like SNSD after Genie came out because it shows a mature side of them as singers but then with songs like My Child and even Etude, it's like we went back during the Kissing You days. Maybe that's SM's plan, let the girls mature but not too much and still keep a foot in the safe/cute zone.

I guess it really depends on people's taste and opinion. Let's say it's for a summer mini-album and that their 2nd album might really kick-richard simmons. lol

but the girls vocals really improve and I'm proud of them, I fell in love with Sica and Fany's voice all over again. ^^

exactly. i know some people would be like "who cares about others. snsd's singing for the fans" or wtvr. but i do care =\

it's like i've seen a LOT of people outside soompi who really dig Genie and actually tried to like the girls you know?

it means something when there's more people liking the girls lol. but then they listened to the mini album.. and well let's just say they expected more mature songs.

and i know the girls won't change just like that and i don't expect them to.. but that doesn't mean i want them to go back to kissing you days.

bleh maybe it's cuz i'm friggin' old compare to most of snsd fans so yea we kinda expect different things i guess. sorry if i offended you guys.

i'm just glad the girls are back. and i do noticed that the girls' vocals have improved & that Sooyoung/Sunny/Hyo got more parts than usual <3

as of now my rank of their new songs would be :

1. Genie

2. OYL

3. Bf

4. Etude / Gf (i kinda like Gf more..)

5. My Child

I'm beginning to love these girls, especially Sica. I currently have a growing fondess for her. The girl is loveable. <3 But I have to admit Taeyeon blew me away when I saw the album pictures. I'm loving her current hairstyle! She doesn't look so innocent anymore. Hehe. I should've started watching their shows earlier with my sister. *bops self*

"Tell Me Your Wish" is growing on me, especially the leg dance-step! How can they have such nice, pretty, long legs? *jealous* XD

And what's with Sica having stickers on her arm? Haha. Cute. :) I like Etude! The girls look adorable. <3

-- Super Shinee Generation interactions are precious! I'm a huge fangirl of SM Town LOVE!! Hehe. <3<3

hey yo! I also enjoy watching the SM Family having interactions and love too. ;)

i just listened to the whole album on youtube.. and i don't find the intro to Boyfriend weird at all, lol. I thought the engrish part was cute! the beat is <3333, a super addictive song i would say. Maybe the only thing that's weird is the "alarm-type" sound behind in the bg.

Girlfriend: very neutral, i forgot how's the melody now. T_T

One Year Later: a very nice soothing OST-type of ballad..with Sica and Onew's voices adding some more bonus points.I still like it though ^^

My Child: I'm not feeling this song at all, iono how to explain at all, lol.I was really looking forward to this song since i love ballads a lot. Maybe i need some more listens ^_^

but yeah, because i prepared myself for a totally summer-ish mini album, im satisfied with the songs this time. :D and im really enjoying the small Taeny moment in Boyfriend, where Fany goes "Like TV Stars~" and Sica Taeng adds in her adlib "Yeahh~~" <3333 :wub:

lisa let them grow slowly dear ^^

they aimed to that road now Mature but NOT YET sexy

so just wait hahaha Genie and Boyfriend def show the mature side of them

but with the other light songs they showing the fans they still the OLD soshi who bring fun and youthful kinda songs for everyone, later they will completely go to mature concept and we all gonna be "i miss soshi back in the days they just debut" XD XD XD

for ballad it can be say that they're BACK to KY days since ballad is like another kind of genre

Guest silis7noy
haha. i want to know what the korean fans feel.

lol. got a feeling that their favourite song from the album is different from most of us here.

... and any comment from the netizens?

Mostly the Korean fans are quite happy with the new songs. Opinions are all over the place so there is no clear favorite. They agree with general things like GF sounding like anime etc but for something like BF's beginning lyrics nobody in Korea cares(they don't really understand it lol) In general Korean fans want the girls to keep their original sonyuh style longer, since there's plenty time to do mature/sexy later. So they like the little experimentation of mature in Genie and are happy with the other sonyuh songs

Anyways they are now occupied with tracking the album sales as the numbers are starting to come in. So far today about 6000 sold and counting.

Mostly the Korean fans are quite happy with the new songs. Opinions are all over the place so there is no clear favorite. They agree with general things like GF sounding like anime etc but for something like BF's beginning lyrics nobody in Korea cares(they don't really understand it lol) In general Korean fans want the girls to keep their original sonyuh style longer, since there's plenty time to do mature/sexy later. So they like the little experimentation of mature in Genie and are happy with the other sonyuh songs

Anyways they are now occupied with tracking the album sales as the numbers are starting to come in. So far today about 6000 sold and counting.

good to know the reaction there

tbh i want them to have more mature concept but i wont complain either since they already STEP into the mature concept eventho not completely yet, coz i know how SM works (even it needs 4-5 albums for boa to get into mature sexy concept lol)

they're def going to that way we just have to wait ^^

anyway i hope the sales will be good since the pre-order already like 80k

6000 only hanteo right?

Guest yujin869

...my ranking is:

1 year later

Genie

My Child

Boyfriend

Etude

Girlfriend

...i really love ballads...so i put 1 year later in the top...This mini-album is really different from their past albums/single coz they showed more different styles...and i love their powerful vocals in this album unlike the past mini-album...

their voices is very soothing...SNSD HWAITING!!!

and also...i don't know if it has been said earlier...when i looked up in Hanteo Chart...our girls is no.1 in shilshigan chart...

woot...they're really great...and according to what i saw it's been 5200 copies at that time

love the inkigayo performance yesterday...

love the pink and blue(?) dress!

also love the white uniform!

they all look nice on them esp. on my fave members: seo hyun and YoonA, and Sica also on Yuri too...

will listen to the mini album too and have my say later...

just got to go to work again..

maybe have my review later or tomorrow afternoon when i wake up...

GENIE EP

ALL ROMANIZATIONS (EX 2)

Rawr. Includes Korean lyrics too but some of the English is off (blame naver)

It's a fun album... the songs are sorta retro, but after listening to them super closely. I like them more..

Loveeeee the duet (although I like TiffanyxKwill duet better =X.) The bridge part is the best <3.

&& HELP!

So the Korean lyrics are missing some parts, and I also add adlibs if I hear them, whether the lyrics include them or not... and I couldn't get two parts in BOYFRIEND. 1:58 (mahl hae teh) and the adlib 3:08 (I'VE GOT A ___ FOR YOU) <-- the other part says "jool geh" but it overlaps so it sounds like "chicken" to me T_T;;.) Reply in that thread if you understand them XD thank you =D <3

Archived