If You Get Teeth Pulled, Does It Make Your Jaw Smaller?

Guest CINNAMONroll(:

Guest x_wonton

LOL. I don't think so. I mean your jawbone is pretty much set. There is the option of shaving down your jawbone. You can always have braces to pull back your teeth and make your smile prettier.

Guest huanl473

i had 2 wisdom teeth yanked out, and 4 more teeth taken out cuz of braces. Nope, no change in my jaw.

If you get ALL your teeth removed yes, it will be smaller. Because the bone will be resorbed as there's no teeth there anymore. But then, you get a shorter face, and creasing/drooping at the corners of your mouth.

Apart from that, no, not really.

Guest daBear

Well I've just had my wisdom teeth out, its still swollen so we'll see. (Although I am really hoping it so..!)

From what I read previously though:

Prior to the rise of jaw-reduction plastic surgury (the one they chip your jaw bones) and botox on jaws, they used to pull the extra set of molars at the end of your jaws to reduce jaw line. This wasn't your normal 4 wisdom tooth though, but the additional 4 molars closest to your wisdom teeth. However, sometimes when the wisdom tooth grows horizontally and can cause types of imbalance in the face, that particular imbalance could go away after you remove your wisdom tooth. (this is my case).

Although most stars don't like to admit to it, but the norm is use either or both botox and or jaw line reduction surgury to give one a lean smaller jaw. Botox being the easiest and least painful. Where they inject it around your jawline muscle.

Anyhow, I'll keep you updated in a few weeks time when the swelling comes down, but it actually takes a month or so for the full socket to be healed. Muscle atropy probably won't happen anytime soon, that would even take longer.

• 3 months later...
Guest MoniqueH

This is a really old topic, but I just had to get the truth out there!

YES, having all four of your wisdom teeth will make your face look much smaller. However, it is most noticeable if you a. grind and/or clench your teeth or b. have waited until the teeth have grown a significant amount and/or the growth has caused swelling. Swelling isn't always noticeable just by looking at the surface.

Now, my jawline looks noticeably more feminine. It's been about a month, but I am still worried about my muscle bulking up, making my face look big again. I know that it could never get as big as it used to be, but it may get a tad bigger than it is now. The reason I worry about this is because when I got my teeth removed, some muscle groups were frozen, causing them to shrink in size.

I don't encourage anyone to get the surgery for this reason alone. It's VERY expensive and you should expect to be confined to your house for at least 5 days. Give yourself two weeks before you would even want to go out, though. Unless you wouldn't feel self conscious being covered in yellow bruises.

Hopefully I helped someone out there. :)

I dunno, I haven't had mine pulled out (in fact my top teeth grew in kinda outwards? I really should get them pulled, lol) but I actually noticed that my cheek bones look more defined, so my face looks more contoured and skinny O_o Maybe I just got lucky.. lol

Guest tinatran_

This is a really old topic, but I just had to get the truth out there!

YES, having all four of your wisdom teeth will make your face look much smaller. However, it is most noticeable if you a. grind and/or clench your teeth or b. have waited until the teeth have grown a significant amount and/or the growth has caused swelling. Swelling isn't always noticeable just by looking at the surface.

Now, my jawline looks noticeably more feminine. It's been about a month, but I am still worried about my muscle bulking up, making my face look big again. I know that it could never get as big as it used to be, but it may get a tad bigger than it is now. The reason I worry about this is because when I got my teeth removed, some muscle groups were frozen, causing them to shrink in size.

I don't encourage anyone to get the surgery for this reason alone. It's VERY expensive and you should expect to be confined to your house for at least 5 days. Give yourself two weeks before you would even want to go out, though. Unless you wouldn't feel self conscious being covered in yellow bruises.

Hopefully I helped someone out there. :)

OMG, i went to the dentist 2-3 days ago to get my teeth cleaned and to get a checkup. urgh, they said they might have to remove all 4 of my wisdom teeth cause there might not be enough room for it when it fully grows out. T^T well, at least i know what to expect if i do get them removed. XD thaaanks!

Guest marlala

your ACTUAL jaw wouldn't get smaller,

your jaw is a boneeee,

go ahead,

feel it (:

i dont think getting teeth pulled would help

..very much (?)

maybe to get thin jaws,

getting the fat away is needed?

Guest machiavelli_paganini

i had 4 teeth pulled for braces when i was young and it completely changed my smile. i used to smile so big and nice and now i smile retardedly. so yes, it changes it.

Guest mizz_J

My friend said that it slims down your face because that's what it did to her brother's gf. But my friend, i think her face looks the same.

EDIT::

By the way, i was talking about wisdom teethes.

Archived