Namgoong Min/ Namkoong Min 남궁민 | [Drama 2023] My Dearest/Lovers, 연인

irilight

bd40cb32e0044b6b9a19f80904c7baba.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min And Kim Byung Chul Have An Intense Rivalry For “Doctor Prisoner”

Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul are ready to tear each other apart for “Doctor Prisoner.”

“Doctor Prisoner” is about a doctor who is forced to resign from his position in a hospital due to untrue allegations. He decides to work in the medical ward of a prison in order to gain connections with criminals and bigwigs, in order to exact his revenge.

Namgoong Min plays Na Yi Je, a genius doctor who was ousted from Tae Kang Hospital and ends up applying for the position of the head of the infirmary at a prison. Kim Byung Chul is Seon Min Sik, the current head of the infirmary who opposes Na Yi Je. Choi Won Young plays Lee Jae Joon, the first in line to succeed Tae Kang Group.

In the first set of photos, Namgoong Min is immersed into his role as a surgeon. He quickly yet thoroughly scans the patient before the surgery, and begins to cut. He works swiftly and coordinates perfectly with the nurses, absorbed in the surgery. However, one odd touch is that his scrub cap reads “Ha Eun Hospital,” not “Tae Kang Hospital,” meaning he is not operating at his place of work. Kim Byung Chul looks enraged and wary as he watches him operate.

Spoiler

Namgoong-Min-Kim-Byung-Chul-1.jpg

It was reported that before filming this scene, Namgoong Min consulted with a real surgery department, and learned the angle which to cut into a dummy with a scalpel as well as how to suture. When filming began, the surgery consultant praised the actor saying, “It feels like I’m really watching a surgery.”

In the second set of photos, the three meet for the first time. They all wear suits and their attitudes show that this meeting is important, as though they are making some kind of big business deal. Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul sit across from each other, with Choi Won Young sitting at the head of the table, indicating their rank.

Choi Won Young exudes a charisma, gazing at the others as though he could see all their secrets, while Namgoong Min gives a carefree smile. On the other hand, Kim Byung Chul’s looks unhappy, as though things are not going his way. Namgoong Min also gives a very deep bow while shaking hands with Choi Won Young.

Spoiler

Kim-Byung-Chul-Namgoong-Min-Choi-Won-You

The production staff stated, “With this three-party meeting, the intense battle between Namgoong Min and Kim Byung Chul escalates to another level. Choi Won Young will act as a kind of dealmaker between the two. Please look forward to the first episode where the three actors’ passionate acting will sweep through the drama.”

“Doctor Prisoner” will air its first episode on March 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

If you haven’t already, check out a teaser here!

source

Namgoong Min Posts "Doctor Prisoner" Image

photo1042433.jpg

On March 13th, Namgoong Min posted a picture on his Instagram. In it, he has a downcast, moody expression, is wearing a suit, and is surrounding by moody, ambient red light. The picture was taken during the filming of "Doctor Prisoner".

"Doctor Prisoner" is an upcoming drama about an ace doctor who takes a job in a prison. The image gives a strong hint as to the drama's likely tone. The down cast shadows suggest something dark and ominous.

"Doctor Prisoner" will start on March 20th after the end of "Liver or Die" on KBS2. It will air on Wednesdays and Thursdays after that point.

source

9efb4e639e5b498b8e51bc77921fe392.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Looks Back On His Kissing Scenes + Talks About Past Comparisons To Bae Yong Joon

On March 15, Namgoong Min talked about his acting career on KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly.”

During the interview, Namgoong Min and the host looked back on the actor’s career spanning over 18 years. He debuted in 2001 through the film “Bungee Jumping of Their Own,” and Namgoong Min reminisced on those days as he stated, “It was a time when I didn’t know anything, so everything was fascinating.”

Spoiler

namgoong-min-6.jpg

When asked about how he had been called “Little Bae Yong Joon” during those times, Namgoong Min remarked, “In a way, I liked it, but on the other hand, I also thought that I’d have to shed that image to really take off as an actor.” He then revealed that he underwent LASEK eye surgery at the suggestion of a director, saying, “While working on a project, the director suggested, ‘If you take off your glasses, you’ll have an image of your own, so how about taking them off?’ That’s how I came to take off [my glasses].” The actor then called himself a “first generation LASEK surgery [patient] in Korea” and commented, “It was so painful back then.”

namgoong-min-5.jpg

Namgoong Min then sent a message of support for Kim Sae Ron and SF9’s Chani, who starred as child actors in his drama “Listen to My Heart.”

Often called the “Kiss Master,” Namgoong Min later recalled his kissing scenes with actresses such as Sung Yuri and Lee Si Young, saying, “Kiss scenes are too difficult. I can’t see the image of myself kissing.” He then said, “In the early stages, I press [my lips], but [as time passes] my lips start moving.”

source

4f7b3c8fc8894b498cedd36eb174f484.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Shows Completely Different Sides To His Character In New Drama “Doctor Prisoner”

Namgoong Min is ready to show completely contrasting sides in the upcoming KBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “Doctor Prisoner”!

In the drama, Namgoong Min will play the role of Na Yi Jae, a talented and devoted doctor who is extremely talented at what he does and forgets to eat as he is always on standby to help every patient who comes to the emergency room.

Though he is an ace doctor, he has a mischievous and laid-back expression on his face in the new stills as he roams the halls in his doctor’s gown. Maybe it is because he himself comes from humble backgrounds, but he is always willing to help those in need, even paying the hospital fees of workers, elders, or homeless patients out of his own pocket.

But in other stills, his friendly demeanor is completely gone as he gives off a charismatic aura that puts people on edge. He has a cold poker face on and his eyes are cold, and it is almost like he is playing two different characters.

Namgoong-Min.jpeg

The production staff explained, “Namgoong Min’s surprising transformation will be the start to a story of revenge. Na Yi Jae fights fire with fire when it comes to evil forces, and viewers will feel a sense of catharsis as they watch him.”

“Doctor Prisoner” will be the follow-up drama to “Liver or Die” and will premiere on March 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

source

"Doctor Prisoner" Namgoong Min Thanks Fans for All the Love

photo1046627.jpg

Actor Namgoong Min thanked viewers for the viewing percentage of the KBS 2TV drama "Doctor Prisoner".

He posted a picture of his "Doctor Prisoner" script with a short 'thanks' on the 22nd. He said, "I know I am not all that, but thank you for all your love".

The script in the picture is full of pen marks. Namgoong Min's passion for the drama can be felt in it.

The third and fourth episodes of "Doctor Prisoner" rated 12.2% and 14.1% on the 21st.

source

Namgoong Min Well-suited for Role on "Doctor Prisoner"

photo1049227.jpg

Many factors can be attributed to "Doctor Prisoner"'s impressive rise in the ratings. Fashion sense is one of them. In addition to hairstyles, Namgoong Min's choice of suits has also come under scrutiny and is a popular Internet search term.

The comparison is most obvious when Namgoong Min's character, the suave, ambitious Yi-je, is contrasted with that of his fellow doctor, Min-sik. Played by Kim Byung-chul, we can see how the older man's outfit also implies ambition - but unlike Yi-je's, not quite so neatly.

Observe how Min-sik's more complex suit is often loose fitting, and suffers from wrinkles. Such details are only obvious upon closer inspection, but then that's the idea. People who seem strong are never as powerful they want us to think. Yi-je excels at finding weaknesses like this. It's a large part of what makes him a good doctor.

Yi-je's suit is, by contrast, very basic. It's only a two piece suit. But it's always painstakingly neat and well-pressed. If at times Yi-je seems like he's getting in over his head, the suit is a reminder that even Yi-je knows he has limits, and prioritizes doing one simple task extremely well over doing multiple tasks haphazardly, even at the cost of glory.

Indeed, this same concept is at work for the entire drama. Yi-je's rather counterintuitive plan to prove himself involves working in a prison, after all, which is not exactly a high prestige position, even if it is a dangerous one.

source

67f75c770bcc4d6dbe4f208a3cbddcdf.jpeg?s=

Namgoong Min Has Nerves Of Steel As He Carries Out His Plan In “Doctor Prisoner”

Namgoong Min executes his plan without even flinching in KBS2’s “Doctor Prisoner.”

“Doctor Prisoner” is about a highly skilled doctor who is forced to resign from his position at a top hospital and ends up working in the medical ward of a prison in order to make connections to the powerful and wealthy and exact his revenge.

Spoilers

In the new photos, Na Yi Je (played by Namgoong Min) glares at someone inside a cell. He wears a beige prison uniform, which indicates that he was a prisoner awaiting trial at the time. In other photos, he grabs Han Bit (played by Ryeo Woon), Han So Geum’s (played by Hello Venus’s Nara) little brother, by the collar and stabs something deep into his shoulder. Han Bit appears at first to be in pain, but then passes out, his body falling to the floor.

Spoiler

Namgoong-Min-Ryeowoon.jpg

Previously, using information Na Yi Je gave her, Han So Geum met with the prisoner who had been with her brother in the medical ward. According to his testimony, the day her brother disappeared, Han Bit and Na Yi Je were in the same room. Not only that, but Han Bit was rushed to the hospital after the drugs Na Yi Je gave him made him lose consciousness. She began to suspect that Na Yi Je had something to do with her brother going missing. It was also a mystery as to how he had access to drugs and easily carried them around when he was imprisoned.

“Doctor Prisoner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10 p.m. KST

source

• Like 1

[Ask an Actor] Namgoong Min

aak_ngm1.jpg

Who’s the next actor on Dramabeans’ interview list? Namgoong Min is currently starring in the KBS drama Doctor Prisoner as Na Yi-je and he will be sitting down with us for our Ask an Actor video series. Namgoong Min’s career has spanned many genres and his recent hits include Handsome Guy and Jung-eum and Falsify.

If you have any questions for Namgoong Min, leave them in the comments! We’ll select some of the most interesting questions and include them in our interview.

Deadline: We will cut off accepting questions on April 11.

source
~~~~~~~~~~

@evie7,  this might be of interest to you.

• Like 2