Marijuana Good Or Bad?

GiaGia

It can't be legalized. What for? Increasing the amount of stupid person? Ha..ha..ha.. I don't care actually. Not even care about the crime rate, economic reason, or health reason. Every adult could think with their own brain. :P

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest supa'Wanki

I think that they should legalize it and tax the poop out of it.

Also, if they legalize it the prison overcrowding would go down in size because many of the inmates were sentenced to prison because of the using or selling of marijuana. With the growing number of prisoners, the more money it costs to fund for them due to building new prisons and what not. Therefore, if they legalize marijuana then taxpayers would be spending less money on prisons and maybe the money would go more to education? (Federal prisons have more funding than education).

Yeah, IDK if that makes sense haha

Ahahaha more money will go into education?! It wont, and with the crappy curriculum and "no child left behind act", money can't solve the United State's horrible education system. Less people will be in prison? That's bull too, why? Because people will want to buy marijuana and make marijuana themselves to avoid tax, and the Government will send them all into prison. If California/US legalizes marijuana, the government will be spending way more money trying to keep marijuana inside the US. If USA legalizes marijuana, the marijuana cost will be low, and drug lords will settle back into the USA and try to export the drugs outside of the US. The United Nations will not like that and object. The US Government will be wasting a lot of money on controlling the exports of marijuana out of USA to other countries. If California legalizes marijuana, the US Government will be spending a lot of money keeping it inside California. If I was the president running the business(government), I wouldn't legalize marijuana for the sake of the country, not for the weak ones who argues that their life is marijuana and gives out weak answers and solutions to everything. john tesh that mini cooper, look at the big picture.

Everyone thinks legalizing marijuana to get it taxed will work. It wont. Marijuana is a plant and you can grow it anywhere. People will be selling illegal marijuana to avoid taxes.

Guest epiklee

Ahahaha more money will go into education?! It wont, and with the crappy curriculum and "no child left behind act", money can't solve the United State's horrible education system. Less people will be in prison? That's bull too, why? Because people will want to buy marijuana and make marijuana themselves to avoid tax, and the Government will send them all into prison. If California/US legalizes marijuana, the government will be spending way more money trying to keep marijuana inside the US. If USA legalizes marijuana, the marijuana cost will be low, and drug lords will settle back into the USA and try to export the drugs outside of the US. The United Nations will not like that and object. The US Government will be wasting a lot of money on controlling the exports of marijuana out of USA to other countries. If California legalizes marijuana, the US Government will be spending a lot of money keeping it inside California. If I was the president running the business(government), I wouldn't legalize marijuana for the sake of the country, not for the weak ones who argues that their life is marijuana and gives out weak answers and solutions to everything. john tesh that mini cooper, look at the big picture.

Everyone thinks legalizing marijuana to get it taxed will work. It wont. Marijuana is a plant and you can grow it anywhere. People will be selling illegal marijuana to avoid taxes.

just pointing a few things out:

-if USA legalizes marijuana how do u know the cost will lower?? no guarentees on that so there goes ur drug lords settling in the USA theory.

-your whole "more people will sell and make marijuana themselves to avoid tax" umm i highly disagree because right now since its illegal every single person who sells and grows can potentially go to jail (if caught) out of all the people that grow and sell a large number would rather pay more to buy weed legally... alot of people would rather pay a bit more and not go to jail than pay less and risk going to jail... (so the less people will go to jail works)

-also depending on how much they tax marijuana they might still make a profit even if they have to spend more on controlling exports of marijuana out of USA...

- one last thing on ur UN thing... so what if the UN objects? o.o;; the USA doesnt give a sh!t about what the UN thinks lolllll the UN would have a very minor effect.

also just wanna point out im not for the legalization of weed... just pointing out flaws in ur argument.

Guest ashleyx

Okay, yeah, the money wouldn't necessarily go to education haha. -_- BUT, like in Amsterdam crime rates dropped more than 50% when they legalized marijuana. Honestly, I believe that there would be less marijuana related crime which means less inmates. No matter what, there will be somewhat (maybe even just a tiny bit) decrease of inmates. Also, the reason there aren't support groups for marijuana addicts is because they all get arrested. And the illegal organized crime that comes with some marijuana users could be a serious threat to our society in the long run. And by legalizing marijuana it could stop the future deaths caused by gangs, mafias, and what not that control the trafficking.

Anyways, marijuana will probably never get legalized and people will do it regardless of the fact. So, whatever. Wheeeee.

Guest supa'Wanki

just pointing a few things out:

-if USA legalizes marijuana how do u know the cost will lower?? no guarentees on that so there goes ur drug lords settling in the USA theory.

-your whole "more people will sell and make marijuana themselves to avoid tax" umm i highly disagree because right now since its illegal every single person who sells and grows can potentially go to jail (if caught) out of all the people that grow and sell a large number would rather pay more to buy weed legally... alot of people would rather pay a bit more and not go to jail than pay less and risk going to jail... (so the less people will go to jail works)

-also depending on how much they tax marijuana they might still make a profit even if they have to spend more on controlling exports of marijuana out of USA...

- one last thing on ur UN thing... so what if the UN objects? o.o;; the USA doesnt give a sh!t about what the UN thinks lolllll the UN would have a very minor effect.

also just wanna point out im not for the legalization of weed... just pointing out flaws in ur argument.

Everything here is just a theory, and I aint no economist either. We don't know what would happen in the future now would we? If we legalize marijuana, prices will drop. The quantity for marijuana will increase, therefore the price decreases. Basic economics. The government can't just boom the prices up, because then there will be more people buying illegal marijuana. It's just the way it works. There's real life examples of this everywhere. If drug dealers are risking to go to jail to sell right now, there's no more to risk to sell illegally later on. The demand for illegal marijuana will increase once prices increase on legalized marijuana. People don't need marijuana like they do with alcohol and cigarettes. It's just not the same, you don't get addicted from marijuana. If marijuana is taxed too highly, who'd buy it!?! For medical purposes? Go for it, that wont give the government any profit, why legalize it entirely then? USA can't run independently without help from other countries. We're in debt, we are poor as hell. The government would want ways to make profit that would make as much money as possible. Everyone would want that. But here, we're talking about billions of dollars as profit, not pity millions.

Okay, yeah, the money wouldn't necessarily go to education haha. BUT, like in Amsterdam crime rates dropped more than 50% when they legalized marijuana. Honestly, I believe that there would be less marijuana related crime which means less inmates. No matter what, there will be somewhat (maybe even just a tiny bit) decrease of inmates. Also, the reason there aren't support groups for marijuana addicts is because they all get arrested. And the illegal organized crime that comes with some marijuana users could be a serious threat to our society in the long run. And by legalizing marijuana it could stop the future deaths caused by gangs, mafias, and what not that control the trafficking.

Anyways, marijuana will probably never get legalized and people will do it regardless of the fact. So, whatever. Wheeeee.

Companies, just regular business companies, are in the Carribean so they don't get taxed by the American Government, and you think Drug Lords will just happily join hands with the Government so that the Government can steal a high percentage of their profit? No way. They'll be selling illegal marijuana so that they won't be taxed. Mafias... heh.. I think of the Government as a Mafia itself who uses the law to their advantage to cover up their horrible actions by making them "legal" and "for the better".

Guest tea_leaves

I think marijuana should be legalized because it could be taxed upon to save at least part of our financial crisis and because marijuana is not as bad as alcohol/cigarettes. To me, it doesn't make sense. It has been proven that alcohol and cigarettes are WORSE than marijuana. I agree with the others who said that it is the legal right for people to choose to smoke marijuana or not. It's their body; it's their choice. This would also loosen up the number of people who are currently facing jail time because of possession of marijuana. I really don't get it; there are people who murder, steal, and rape in our society, but a possession of marijuana may lead people to be in jail for maybe.. couple of weeks. Even though that may not seem like a long time, compared to some of the other crimes that are being committed, it seems kind of unfair, at least to me. Also, marijuana is proven to not be a gateway drug, therefore it wouldn't really lead people who smoke marijuana to try things such as cocaine and heroin.

Guest mstar

Legalize it.

But once it's legalized I'm going to drop my cigs for weed, and then change my substance abuse to something else that's illegal.

Get my point?

Guest iS2_you

i think it's bad

but some people actually NEED it for medical purposes

while others they just forge the documents somehow...

yeah that's how desperate people get.

EDIT: marijuana KILLS your brain cells

over use will cause a drop in IQ probably and it in moderation should be fine though

i mean we all need to relieve stress in some way once in a while

BUT when we legalize it people are just going to use much more dangerous and illegal substances ^^^

and a whole new era of drugs will open up that are going to be MUCH more dangerous

its not going to be about the weed its going to be about the cocaine or something like that

its not just the high feeling you get that people like its also the thought of doing something illegal and rebelling

Guest abviolinplayer

BUT when we legalize it people are just going to use much more dangerous and illegal substances ^^^

and a whole new era of drugs will open up that are going to be MUCH more dangerous

its not going to be about the weed its going to be about the cocaine or something like that

its not just the high feeling you get that people like its also the thought of doing something illegal and rebelling

WRONG. only people who are already dumb before using pot are gonna try hard drugs...I know how bad that stuff is, why would I wanna john tesh my life up more? and you know there are substances that are legal which have the potential to be far more dangerous than weed...so I think the govt should stop wasting their efforts on keeping marijuana illegal and be more concerned about alcohol abuse and such.

Guest sneaks

Lol.

Marijuana does not kill your brain cell, nor it is addicting.

If we have Alcohol legal for recreational use, why not Marijuana? Alcohol and cigarettes are worst than the majority of any illicit drugs. They cause addiction, disease, cancer, and SO much death.

No one has died smoking ganja. It is impossible to overdose.

Also, whoever says marijuana is a gateway for other illicit drugs is an idiot. Most users of coke, heroine/etc don't smoke weed because it keeps them DOWN. In other words, weed makes you relax- Amphetamines make you speedy as hell.

We're in a recession, legalization/decriminalization will help bring states so much money. Legalization WILL also reduce crime rates, as well as free space in prison for people who actually belong in there- not for people who just wanna puff some of that good stuff. :)

Marijuana - very good. Do your research before labeling it as a terrible substance just because the government says it is. Or, experience it yourself and you'll realize the BS propaganda.

Guest Angxizzle

I think they should legalize it all over the United States. It would make alot of people very happy.

;)

Guest xoflora

Legalize it and tax it.

Maybe I'm not very well informed,

but I don't see how marijuana

is any more harmful than cigarettes

or alcohol.

Guest chaotichavoc

i mean...there's SOOO MUCH money put into drug prevention.

but, i mean 90% of the generation today DO IT ANYWAYS. lol.

Guest winged_monster

At least decriminalize it. People do far worse things when they're not high and still get off with less punishment. I'm tired of all this conservative bs. I tried it once and never want to do it again, but that doesn't mean I can just tell everyone else they can't have it. Stop trying to tell everyone else how to live.

Guest justanniee

To me, it's like neutral.

If people smoke it they smoke it I wouldn't even care since it's their decision.

Guest cannotfindserver

it should just be used in moderation. those that abuse it should be charged tho.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yelitoutloud

If we legalise it, production of Marijuana will be less dodgy. Just tax it. I don't think anyone would be attracted to using marijuana just because it's now legal anyway, I mean everyone's got a friend of a friend...

Archived