[drama 2009] Two Wives 두 아내

Guest zealioner

Episode 11

- The drunkards decide to let Young-hee off, taking pity on her because of her husband's infidelity

- Chul-soo is angered by the incident and that Young-hee had told everyone about his affair:

DH: Why did you leave? Young-hee is upset. She's not her usual self, she seems determined to spend her money today.

CS: And that gives her a reason to fight with other men, lands in the police station and publicized her husband's affair?

DH: It's those men.....sheesh, I don't know anymore. Anyway, it's all because of you.

CS: Who's that guy?

DH: Guy? Oh, Mr. Song. Someone Mi-mi is acquainted with. He's a VIP at Mi-mi's fitness centre. I can't reach you, the guys refuse to let the matter rest and Kwang-tae is in Jeju for a seminar. Mi-mi had to call him for help. I think Mi-mi has a crush on him. The last time that he sent Young-hee home, they were having dinner with Mi-mi. Because of this, Mi-mi was worried that you may misunderstand. He's Mi-mi's guy.

- Ji-sook apologizes for her earlier mistake (dumping his luggage), tells Chul-soo to come home

- at the drinking session, Young-hee and Ji-ho are surprised by a revelation:

MM: Mr. song, why are you using an English name?

JH: I went to the States to futher my studies. I gave myself an English name.

MM: So what's your birth name?

JH: Song Ji-ho

YH: Song Ji-ho. When I was in elementary school, there was a Song Ji-ho too.

MM: Really? Mr. Song, where did you live as a kid?

JH: Incheon. Hwasu-Dong.

MM: Young-hee, you lived there too.

JH: Was it Man Song Elementary? Was your father a delivery driver? His daughter is Yoon Young-hee.

YH: You transfered out to Seoul...

- they made plans to visit their hometown the next day.

JH: At the start I wanted to reel you in as a [insurance] client

YH: That's why you were acting nice.

JH: I felt sad too seeing you so weary.

YH: You knew that I was having problems with my husband ? I was having a hard time because of it.

- Ji-sook tells her friend that she's feeling increasingly uneasy even though Chul-soo is now living with her

- Young-hee left her cellphone at home. She calls Han-byul's teacher to find out if he's well. She learns that he's sick.

- Chul-soo's mother learns from the security guard that Young-hee had left with a young man in the morning.

- Kwang-tae informs Young-hee that Chul-soo is sending Han-byul to his house.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this drama ... it relates the peoples lifes in reality ...

Anyhow , I agree w/ Auntie Mame .... there is a morality in teaching .... or maybe the administration where CS teaching doesn't know yet ....

I felt so sorry for the kids ... the two kids suffered to much between this infidelity of their parents .... why can YH just give a divorce to CS instead of suffering her life w/ his unfaithful husband ... so...according w/ the plot of this drama CS will get amnesia .. TORN BETWEEN TWO LOVERS should be the title of this drama ,,, ha! ha! ha! :D :D

ZEALIONER .... thank you very much for all your hard work !!! you makes us all kdrama addict happy who can't understand korean but still addicted to it ... Love you for your generousity and kindness ...

hello KE2 .... I am so happy you 're here too ....

Hi, rizza! Good to see you too here :lol::lol: I found this interesting so decided to watch it

You're right, rizza. I feel sorry with those kids. It doesn't make sense CS just abandoned Han Byul just like that. Although he promise to provide for him but at least he's his own son. Gosh...dunno what's in his mind...

zealioner, so YH and JH came from same town?

I wonder what'll happen after CS gets his mind back. Will he still choose JS? And JH is for YH?

Guest zealioner

Episode 12

- Chul-soo tells Young-hee that she's not fit to be Han-byul's mother - she fights with drunk men and is seeing a younger man. Young-hee tells him to quit the jealousy act - just because he's having an affair, he thinks everyone is taking after him

- Do-hee tells her husband that she had wanted to give her a thrashing but Ji-sook is not to be underestimated.

- Chul-soo's mother seats everyone down to settle the issue:

Mother: Speak your mind.

CS: I want a divorce but Young-hee refuses to agree. I moved out because I needed space to think about the matter.

Mother: If you just need time and space to consider, then move in with me. How do you think you can do that if you are sticking with that woman?

CS: I know I'm in the wrong but it's impossible to live with Young-hee anymore.

Mother: You are at fault but you say you cannot live with Young-hee anymore. What logic is that?!

CS: You don't know her, Mother. She is living well without me. She has another man now.

YH: Man? What man?

CS: I've seen them standing outside a motel, he even sent her home after enjoying a late night out. He went to pick her up at the police station last night after she got into trouble.

YH: Stop it! That's enough! I agree to the divorce. Let's divorce then! I cannot live with a person like you anymore. I cannot tolerate you anymore! Mother, I'm sorry but I cannot take this anymore, rather I don't want to take it anymore!

- Kwang-tae beats Chul-soo, reprimands him for not acting like a man, how can he say that about Young-hee? Chul-soo tells him that even if he's deemed worthless, he wants to be with Ji-sook.

- Mi-mi lends Young-hee her car, she tells her to take Han-byul on a trip. She reminds her to call Ji-ho - he's worried.

- Do-hee assures her mother that Ji-ho is not 'the other man'. He's an acquaintance from Young-hee's childhood. They address each other as 'nuna-dongsaeng'.

- Chul-soo tells Ji-sook not to alter her lifestyle to accommodate him, just live like she used to.

- Mi-mi tells Ji-ho not to worry about Young-hee , she has gone on a short trip with her son.

- Ji-ho recalls Young-hee's words, "The friend I mentioned. She said love is when a starving woman gives her food to her man, and when a freezing man gives his clothes to her, She's sad that all these have been reduced to nothing."

- Young-hee's father tells his wife that Young-hee is on a trip - why not both of them go on a trip too? She tells him that she is worried that Nam-joon might call home when she's not around. Her husband tells her to stop thinking about him.

- Chul-soo's mother prepares a a feast, she wonders if Young-hee will join them. She wants Do-hee to call Chul-soo over. Do-hee persuades her brother to come and see Han-byul.

- Ji-ho and Mi-mi plans to surprise Young-hee with a small party to cheer her up. Mi-mi will bring Young-hee along when she returns her car.

- Young-hee appears at Ji-sook's shop:

YH: I need some flowers for an event.

JS: What event is that?

YH: A divorce. Why are you surprised? Never heard of it? I intend to use it in the hotel's lover suite to prepare for a divorce. Just print the message: Congratulations to the divorce.

Guest zealioner

zealioner, so YH and JH came from same town?

I wonder what'll happen after CS gets his mind back. Will he still choose JS? And JH is for YH?

Yes. They sort of grew up together. Nothing much was mentioned about Ji-ho's family, except that he has a grandfather. He moved to Seoul when he was in Grade 5 and later went to the States.

I guess the amnesia plot is to ascertain who CS really loves. No doubt, the two women really love him, but who does he really love? He keeps saying that he's willing to sacrifice everything for JS but we know he obviously still has feelings for YH - the jealousy, remembering their good times....

If you put realism away, I think the whole drama is really about giving CS a second chance. One fine day, he's given a clean slate of mind, a spanking new canvas of emotion and two women - who would his HEART be calling out to? I'm actually rooting for him to be with YH again. I'm a campaigner for love lost-love found between divorce couples in fiction land. I like to think that marriage vows are much stronger than what are being presented on the surface - a moment's folly, unavoidable temptations.

Auntie Mame mentioned that it's hard to believe the YH would still want him after what he has done. I don't know much about love and marriage in reality but I believe: to a woman, the man is ALWAYS THE SAME MAN who she first fell in love with - no matter what he has done.

ZEALIONER .... thank you very much for all your hard work !!! you makes us all kdrama addict happy who can't understand korean but still addicted to it ... Love you for your generousity and kindness ...

Don't mention it. I happen to be watching so it's OK. :)

Yes. They sort of grew up together. Nothing much was mentioned about Ji-ho's family, except that he has a grandfather. He moved to Seoul when he was in Grade 5 and later went to the States.

I guess the amnesia plot is to ascertain who CS really loves. No doubt, the two women really love him, but who does he really love? He keeps saying that he's willing to sacrifice everything for JS but we know he obviously still has feelings for YH - the jealousy, remembering their good times....

If you put realism away, I think the whole drama is really about giving CS a second chance. One fine day, he's given a clean slate of mind, a spanking new canvas of emotion and two women - who would his HEART be calling out to? I'm actually rooting for him to be with YH again. I'm a campaigner for love lost-love found between divorce couples in fiction land. I like to think that marriage vows are much stronger than what are being presented on the surface - a moment's folly, unavoidable temptations.

Auntie Mame mentioned that it's hard to believe the YH would still want him after what he has done. I don't know much about love and marriage in reality but I believe: to a woman, the man is ALWAYS THE SAME MAN who she first fell in love with - no matter what he has done.

To be honest, I'm rooting for CS - YH too. I don't in Korea whether Son Tae Young or Kim Ji Young is more popular so not sure who if the real leading role here. In most typical dramas, lead male will end up with lead female. But...logically, if CS ends up with JS, then they're not giving good moral lesson then, especially this is kinda a family drama. :)

Guest i.said.hi

i'm for YH and JH. really. CS is a joke.

i'm more annoyed that YH keeps clinging on that idiot man.

Guest zealioner

Episode 13

From where it was left off previously, Young-hee goes to Ji-sook's shop to order flowers for her 'divorce occasion':

JS: When is the occasion?

YH: Two days later. Try to create a happy ambience, I want brighter flowers. I understand you provide poems too?

JS: Yes.

YH: Is your husband a poet? Just prepare something appropriate. Here's my contact number (she gives her a pseudonym - Kang Su-ja)

Mother: You know why I didn't ask for a divorce when you father had an affair? it's because of you and Do-hee. You father never even mentioned it. How can you mentioned divorce so easily? Sleep here with Han-byul tonight then look for Young-hee in the morning.

CS: We cannot be together anymore.

Mother: How can that be so when you still have Han-byul? You are giving him up for a woman?

CS: I'm not giving him up. I just want to live happily.

Mother: Who knows how things will turn out? I've never seen a man leading a hapy life after abandoning his lawful wife. If you insists, then you are abandoning me too.

CS: Please don't do that. I'm having a hard time.

Mother: You reap what you sow. Did you think what we and Young-hee are going through? The love that you sing of is worthless. You hurt your wife, leave a darkness in your child's heart and cause regrets for your parents? Is that love? You sold yourself for a moment of infatuation? You will suffer retribution.

CS: Even so, I want to be with Ji-sook. Please forgive me. Even if you can't, there's nothing I can do.

- Kwang-tae's mother argues with her son over the use of a room that was reserved for Chul-soo's family. She tells them that since they are getting a divorce, the room is of no use to them.

- Young-seon tells Ji-sook that there's nothing weird about celebrating a divorce. It's common overseas - the purpose is to resolve all bitterness between both parties and remind them of the good moments. Ji-sook thinks she may have been sensitive about it because of what she's going through now.

- Kwang-tae's mother makes plan for a room renovation.

- Young-hee tells Ji-sook her husband will foot the bill - can Ji-sook stay to be their witness? Since she knows him too.

YH: Kang Chul-soo, Han Ji-sook, do not be alarmed. Today is our divorce occasion. Han Ji-sook, since you are involved, you will be our witness.

CS: Are you crazy, what are you doing?

YH: I'm granting you the divorce. This is the least I should do.

CS (to JS): Leave the room.

YH: If you want the divorce, then both of you stay.

CS: Let her leave, we will talk!

YH: Afraid that I'm going to grab at her hair? Just be quiet and listen to me! Do you know why I'm celebrating? For your shameless love affair or to celebrate my divorce?

JS: I'm sorry.

YH: Why are you sorry? Did you simply step on my foot? WHY ARE YOU SORRY?

JS: I'm really sorry.

CS: Let's go.

YH: Kang Chul-soo! Hold it there! (after slapping him) The first slap is for your betrayal, the second is for humiliating me. Han Ji-sook, because of your selfish love, this man that I've loved more than anything is humiliated right in front of you now. Do you feel good? From today, I've dumped him like a piece of garbage, you can have him. Oh, since the room is already booked, why not have some wine and celebrate your passionate love?

-Ji-ho asks if Young-hee is unwell - she's shivering. She tells him to just bring her anywhere.

zealioner ..... thanks again ! :)

CS mother is right ..... she feels what YH felt.... but I guess CS is so stubborn and confuse ... he both loves this 2 women but don't know whom he will stay ... probably if YH is not so aggressive and much nagger w/ her action CS might choose her to be with in fact thats what he told to his Mom that he want to live w/ YH for the rest of his life ... but now that YH is controlable w/ his anger he change his mind and just live w/ his mistress w/c is been hurt too ...but if CS is not the real father of JH daughter .... JH should not wreck CS family and just leave them and go away as far that CS doesn't know it ... but then ... the drama will be finish soon.. ha! ha ! ha ! :D :D and i won't see my Andy :D :D

so addicted to this show !!! Zealioner ... pls !! don't get tired on translating this drama .... I will be heart broken just like YH .. HI ! Hi ! :P :P

Guest bleu72

Maybe you can love two people at one time, but you can't be commited to two people at once. I think YH was right to give him a quick divorce. She is raising a child and I'm sure she wants to raise Han-byul with CS, but that won't be good if both spouses are not being respected. He could have talked to her honestly about their problems, but he had an affair instead and moved out. YH feels hurt and humiliated, but she would feel worse if her child watched her beg a guy who didn't want her. No one is perfect in a marriage, but CS went too far. It is best for them to seperate.

CS's mom is sooo right. If he really loves his mom, he won't do that and choose to be with JS because of his stupid infatuation or moment of jolly or whatever it is. His mom ever gone through miserable life just like YH. Why can't just get his sense back? :fury: CS will surely suffer his retribution but...having an amnesia just before his re-marriage, dunno if it's a retribution or second chance for him. -_-

Archived