Korean Music & K-drama Forums Opening To Public

soomp

Guest zacey

i dont really like the idea of opening the forums up to the public... reasons being anyone can just come in and download the stuff that members share among ourselves? in fact, if the public is really interested in korean music and dramas, it should not be much hassle to register as a member and come in to participate?

and as some other members mentioned, credits is an issue... spamming is another issue... one thing i like about soompi is not as much spamming as compared to other forums i seen... the members here are really into sharing and contributing...

the idea to share with the public is good and if by doing so will relieve the financial burden of maintaining the forum, i am all for it.. afterall, i dont wish to see the forum close down due to financial problems.

however, we could prevent the misuse of forum's resources by integrating some controls over the usage of certain 'privileges'.. such as dramas and OST downloads etc... :rolleyes:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. I think everybody didn't get to read the second notice posted by soomp! here.

I'm trying to understand what's been said, because I don't really understand much about revenues & etc, lol. I think you're trying to say that we are opening up the Korean music section so that lurkers & guests can see what we have so it will boost up something that will help with paying for the site? *kinda clueless*

If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me, but that's what I got from it.. Honestly, I like how things are now but.. I mean if it helps with paying for the upgrades and making Soompi even better then.. What can I say but go for it? *shrugs* I don't really know because I don't post pictures much or translate etc so I don't feel the right to be screaming privacy & etc but I do worry about hot linking & things being taken out without permission (translated articles, tid bits from shows and whatnot). There are some who feel strong about translated things they do & if the guests & lurkers take things out.. I'm scared the ones who do provide it for us will not want to anymore..

I read almost everyone's opinions/thoughts and a lot of them misunderstood and think the lurkers & guests can post, which they can not. So at least that's a good thing because there will be too much spam.

Well~ I guess since it's already been decided we'll just test the waters & see how it goes. Good luck & I hope things go well!

Guest kimnvy

I think this is a great Idea. This way we are not only spreading the Kpop love but we will also get new members on soompi. They get a tiny peeks of what we all have and then become one of us. It is like giving out a sample or a test-drive. AWESOME IDEA!

Guest ::Jess::

I don't really agree with this..

because there's a lot of antis outside soompi..

if they free to look up this forum, they will grow more antis.

*sorry if my english and my grammar is sucks.*

:)

Guest amane~matsuo

It's great if korean music & dramas should be opened to the public. I just thought there should be at least a feature where there is a hidden content here where you cant see it unless you reply :) that way comments and opinions are seen but the contents like media and files can still be kept

Guest jicks

Hmmm. I think everybody didn't get to read the second notice posted by soomp! here.
^I know. I think if you're going to take the time to comment, then take the time as well to read each post to ensure you're not missing out on some important points.

The cost side of things is something I didn't fully take into consideration so this kinda splits my feelings up even more. I guess I am neither for or against it all. Whatever the site owners deem more beneficial to keep soompi running, I'll run along w/ it =)

(*and on a side note, we are hoping that with the new launch, we will be able to host photos directly, which will solve the bandwidth issue for all new photos).
^Does this mean soompi will need to upgrade to a larger server to be able to hold all the photos? So ultimately this means more revenue will be needed?

Guest ninyaah

Thank you for listening to our queries. I'm also not in favor of the opening of the K-Drama forum, so I'm glad to hear that it isn't public for now. Truthfully, I only joined Soompi before because of the K-drama forum. When I saw that it isn't open to unregistered members, I immediately signed up... now, I can't imagine life without Soompi. I was pretty hesitant about it because as the other members have stated, there are a lot of download links in there. I'm okay with the Korean Music forum being open for public viewing, since it pretty much contains the K-Pop groups and singers threads. I'm sure it's enough to promote and spread the K-Pop love among other people.

Guest Neslihan

Well, I might not be one of the active posters around here but I'm a reader and

I absolutely appreciate Soompi, especially cause I cant understand Korean.

I am thankful for people sharing great info on film & music from Korea since it is quite hard to get some good information elsewhere.

Due to that I think other people that might bother to register should have the same possibility.

Although it might not take much time to register it is more comfortable just to read.

So I'm fine with this!

And thanks to the "makers" of this, for all their affords and work.

(and if people are afraid that strangers might "steal" their download links, there is still a function for forums which hides download links for unregistered people...)

Guest infinityyy

I don't like the idea of the Korean music forums being opened up. There's a lot of information and translated articles, etc etc that many people don't mind stealing and crediting as their own. It doesn't even take three minutes to sign up for a Soompi account. :huh:

But I guess we will just have to see, don't we?

Guest min_60

^^

Agreed. I share the same sentiments as you. I hope the pictures that people have shared would not become broken images. I myself uploaded pics last week and my pb exceeded its bandwith the next day. What more will happen if the K Music forum is opened up?

Isn't it better to sign up? Since you can post and all.

but we'll see, hopefully everything works out fine for everyone/

Guest enno0287

To be honest, I don't really like the idea to open up Korean Music and K-drama Forums. The reasons would probably be the same with others, like there migh be stealing on informations translations and random people downloading stuff. A lot of people have done a lot of work providing us with all those things. It's not hard to join soompi and be a member. If they want to know more info as well as download some stuffs then let them join soompi.

Sorry about this complaint but I dont know why it was an option to open

up the Korean Music Section for guest to see wont it give them the advantage

to not sign up? if there intention was to see that section? I mean there is many

info and pictures that members post in Korean Music section such as news

and graphic for certain artist etc I think it would have been better to let the

korean celeb photos be viewed to guest rather than Korean Music section

in my opinion

i don't like the idea too...

as some have pointed out that random people will/might steal stuff that most members here worked hard for.

joining is very easy too. why not let people join soompi for that or just limit the number of pages they can view like the front page only....

or we can open the celeb photo section. if we just want to share info there are lots of pictures and info posted there...

Guest vip_gd

so the Korean Music forum is opening up to the guests...Well I think that's okay. I don't see many guests roaming the K-music forum anyway.

Good luck!~

At one point, I saw 108 guests in one thread.

I was like, "omg, that's more than the soompiers reading this thread lol!!"

Even if there aren't that many guests, who knowsss

one person can create an insignificant amount of change in things, things ppl are concerned about

70/30 on this

Guest grenae07

actually, i think its a pretty good idea~

share the kpop love.. :D

and one time i went to this kpop forum,

there were like 100+ guests,

really many. :)

Guest Mardi09

At one point, I saw 108 guests in one thread.

I was like, "omg, that's more than the soompiers reading this thread lol!!"

Even if there aren't that many guests, who knowsss

one person can create an insignificant amount of change in things, things ppl are concerned about

70/30 on this

Since my post, I have seen a vast amount of guests. I have seen about 300 guests so far at the most.

There has probably been more.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

i'm new in this tread

i think that's the great ide

because

everyone can have more knowledge and discoverablity of korean pop culture

• 3 weeks later...
Guest riehae

I'm kinda late on this news... now, I realize why there are a lot of guests in the only kmusic thread that I go to. hehe...

spread kpop love!!!

Archived