(♫)________________ Mate (메이트)

Guest wassereis

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nightmare.

I think this one is a nice indie band. I never listening to indie band. But I'm trying to listening this one

thanks for sharing!

Guest wassereis

just fyi, Mate was in Yoo HeeYeol's Sketchbook last night.

i'm not sure what songs they played, but so far i can only find a clip of them playing 하늘을 날아.

ETA:

them performing 그리워 in Yoo HeeYeol's Sketchbook

I almost forgot it ㅠㅠ thanks for reminding.

하늘을 날아 is really nice~

and thanks for the second also.

I tried to also upload the talk but youtube hates me D:

it has a really nice (but short ㅠㅠ) Joon Il solo in it. (Hyun Jae says that he'll also standing at the side listening to it lol)

and I like how the MC imitates Joon Il and he has to laugh about it because he's so embrassed. the MC also talks about what the member did before (actually just Heon Il) and says that he worked with most difficult persons in the singer world XD the most difficult one was Kim Dong Yoon, who had to pretend to play keyboard (I think?) and didn't knew anything. and Heon Il was glad that he didn't pretended to play guitar (or sth...)

later the MC asks what they are doing when they don't make music and Heon Il says that they barely do anything alone so they three sit together in a cafe and eat waffles and drink coffee ^^

yeah .. sadly I barely understand anything D: sorry ㅠㅠ

but it's worth to see nevertheless because of the cuteness of three nervous goodlooking men and Joon Il's awesome solo :'D

[유희열의 스케치북] Mate - Talk+Joon Il - If You Want Me (090522)

btw, totally random, but ... Joon il's teeth are kinda .. special? idk, it looks a bit strange but I kind of really like it *_* (yeah, I think it actually looks good on him.)

Guest jjowah

i love love love love them.... i love their quiet awkward dismeanor.. their approach to music, low key style.. def. gonna reach main stream audiences b/c its so easy to listen to and their isnt really this type of indie/main stream music in the scene.. plus they have the best o fthe best of korean musicians backing them up!!

Guest Lizzie_Shengnie

i first read about them on allkpop, and i

was completely mesmerized.

they're music is sooo different from the

mainstream stuff; i absolutely love it.

mate, FIGHTING!

sorry i've nothing to share but a post to show my respect to this band.<3

Guest imcalledalauda

Thanks for the links, hseliz and wassereis! I never realized how much Heoniil and Joonil share the singing parts. And I adore "하늘을 날아." It's my favorite song by them. For some reason, it reminds me of Coldplay's Shiver… I can't say what about the two songs I find similar; it's nothing like chord progression or anything. It's the feel; both songs set a tone for the song, and then at the chorus, there's just this great rush of joy accompanying the soaring held note. …I can't really verbalize it… but I love the song. And the key change in "하늘을 날아" is <3

I also found out about Mate through allkpop; thank God allkpop wrote an article about them. I'm so enamored with them. ^_^

Guest hseliz

I almost forgot it ㅠㅠ thanks for reminding.

하늘을 날아 is really nice~

and thanks for the second also.

I tried to also upload the talk but youtube hates me D:

it has a really nice (but short ㅠㅠ) Joon Il solo in it. (Hyun Jae says that he'll also standing at the side listening to it lol)

and I like how the MC imitates Joon Il and he has to laugh about it because he's so embrassed. the MC also talks about what the member did before (actually just Heon Il) and says that he worked with most difficult persons in the singer world XD the most difficult one was Kim Dong Yoon, who had to pretend to play keyboard (I think?) and didn't knew anything. and Heon Il was glad that he didn't pretended to play guitar (or sth...)

later the MC asks what they are doing when they don't make music and Heon Il says that they barely do anything alone so they three sit together in a cafe and eat waffles and drink coffee ^^

yeah .. sadly I barely understand anything D: sorry ㅠㅠ

but it's worth to see nevertheless because of the cuteness of three nervous goodlooking men and Joon Il's awesome solo :'D

[유희열의 스케치북] Mate - Talk+Joon Il - If You Want Me (090522)

btw, totally random, but ... Joon il's teeth are kinda .. special? idk, it looks a bit strange but I kind of really like it *_* (yeah, I think it actually looks good on him.)

nono, i'm supposed to thank you! as, i suppose you're wassereis875, you uploaded them into youtube♥

and thanks for uploading the MC part! although i can't understand most of the conversations, but the MC part looks really fun. And lol JoonIl looks quite nervous XD

I think JoonIl's teeth is a bit like crocodile teeth..? you know, like um how they say YunHo from TVXQ's one last time? haha i agree, it looks good and cute on JoonIl lol.

imcalledalauda: np. biggest credit goes to the uploaders though. :D

Guest Morton

any new updates/pics?

btw, does anyone know about their background? No one seems to know anything about them, lol

Guest raihan

wow. i got to know them through allkpop too.

n since then, i've been a BIG fan!

their performance in sketchbook was really really good. i love love love geuriwo so it was nice to hear them performing that live. they were awesome.

btw, anyone visit their site lately? i couldn't seem to enter it for some reason.

it worked for me last time.

too bad... they always have some nice pictures over there. :(

Guest Morton

wow. i got to know them through allkpop too.

n since then, i've been a BIG fan!

their performance in sketchbook was really really good. i love love love geuriwo so it was nice to hear them performing that live. they were awesome.

btw, anyone visit their site lately? i couldn't seem to enter it for some reason.

it worked for me last time.

too bad... they always have some nice pictures over there. :(

me too, I couldn't enter the site. Oh well...I wish they were recongized more :(

Guest raihan

^^^^

I'm sure they will. they're just too good for anyone not to notice. :)

Oh..u can't enter it too? Im going crazy over here trying to figure out why.

i think u have to be a member or something.

I usually go there to check if there's any updates/pics.

Im all cut off now i guess. huhuhu. :(:(

Guest wassereis

^ you have to be a member now to view the site. D:

nono, i'm supposed to thank you! as, i suppose you're wassereis875, you uploaded them into youtube♥

and thanks for uploading the MC part! although i can't understand most of the conversations, but the MC part looks really fun. And lol JoonIl looks quite nervous XD

I think JoonIl's teeth is a bit like crocodile teeth..? you know, like um how they say YunHo from TVXQ's one last time? haha i agree, it looks good and cute on JoonIl lol.

teamwork ^^~

yeah, he looks nervous, but I think all look kind of nervous. ㅋㅋ it's cute.

and they look so skinny *_* *envies joon il for his legs*

yeah, I think it really looks good on him. I think yunho also looked good with his teeth :x

any new updates/pics?

btw, does anyone know about their background? No one seems to know anything about them, lol

sorry, I'm really bad in things like that especially pics and vids D:

as I know, Heon Il made a lot before his debut. I think he was active in performances of artists like Lee Sora, Kim Dong Ryul, Lee Juck, Im Jae Bum, Jung Jae Il and others. (I can't find the article were they were all listed @_@) and he also is in a band called 'Bremen' (you can check out bremen.co.kr for that) and another band called 'Jong Won Young band'(?)

I think Joon Il also was a session artist (but I'm not sure) he also participated in the Doremipasolashido OST ( he sung all the songs that were sung by Jang Geun Suk in the movie.)

Hyun Jae was a model I think. He had a photoshoot together with Lee Hana (for the brand UGIZ). he's also said to have participated in the Speed Scandal OST but I don't know in which way.

that's all I know D:

I thought it was interesting, this article is saying that, because of the audience's reaction they were the first artists in the history of 'Yoo Hee Yeol's sketchbook' who were to have an encore. they played Maroon5's 'Sunday Morning'. to bad it wasn't broadcasted D:

if it's of anyones interest, the girl who played in the geuriwo mv was Lee So Jung, who also acted in 'Tazza' ^^;

and, a video about their recording :3

and, another random note, articles are saying that the concert 'the first' that was held right after they brought out their album, has been sold out in one day o_O -I correct- in 4 HOURS O_O;;

EDIT: there's not much on it, but Joon Il's cyworld: http://www.cyworld.com/nj83

Guest Mardi09

I'm so sorry for no updates the past.....o.O...since the 6th.....so long.....

I'm trying to update my other threads (well, mostly Chung Lim's thread)....

bad Mate fan ><

Saving pictures have been so hard these days....my internet is lagging, a lot...

I haven't listened to them for two weeks now. How I miss their music . ^^

메이트 (Mate) Making of Be Mate (First Album)

HJ001.jpg

HJ002.jpg

Mate-01.jpg

Mate-02.jpg

Mate-03.jpg

Mate-04.jpg

Mate1stconcert.jpg

Mate1stconcert2.jpg

Mate1stconcert3.jpg

Mate1stconcert4.jpg

MateFirstConcert-1.jpg

Maten.jpg<-----------perfect to put in someone's signature? :)

credits to Hyun Jae + Heon Il's Cyworld + Mardi09

Guest imcalledalauda

It's so cool that Mate is the only artist to have given an encore on YHY Sketchbook. ^_^ I wish they would have broadcasted "Sunday Morning"... but oh well. :/

It seems Mate is doing really well!

Mate experienced a great reaction from their album "Be Mate" and especially their song "Longing". It was researched and found that Mate became the number one search topic on various sites and stayed number one on some music portals for days. Famous radio stations such as "Yoo Hee Yul's Radio Heaven", "Bae Chul Soo's Music Camp" and "Sweet Solo's 10 10 Club" have featured Mate as live performing guests.

cr: allkpop

Guest Mardi09

Well, I do hope that they play Come Back To Me or their first track because I would love to see them perform their more upbeat songs.

I didn't know they were doing that well. I mean, I knew they were receiving attention but this much...yay for them ^^

Guest JazzyMina

YAY XD

Im glad their doing so well!!!!!

I agree with the poster above. DO COME BACK TO ME next as single ^^

Guest twinkle_star

OMGSH. i know this " 임헌일 (Lim Hon Il " obba oMGSHHHHHHHH.

cant believe he debuted here! omgshhhhhhhhhhhhhh wowowow

wow i really hope they are successful!

hon il obba is really talented in elec & bassssssssssss.

in real life, he's quite good looking!!

Guest minnilu

Mate <3

...I've been listening to their album NONSTOP xD

They're quite amazing *___* It's rare for me to like every single song on an album...

and I REALLy love EVERY single song on their album xD

Their live performances are great =DDD

Guest Labacookie

Hi! :D New fan here.

I just saw the MV and heard the song and fell in love with it. I am still teary-eyed. It's a really pretty song and they're very talented. I'm going to check the first page for links to more info and music but I've got to say, these guys are VERY talented. <3

Archived