THE OFFICIAL KANGTA THREAD

Guest S2KangTa

Jd!! My fren just send mi the above pic that u posted... Kangta lookin like Choi Shi Won in that pic... :lol:

U gg to BKK to see your oppa?? :lol:

Miss chatting w u n our rampage times! :P

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

official english news....

Kang Ta Forms Group with Taiwanese Singer Vanness Wu

ta_l.jpg

Singer Kang Ta has formed a group with singer Vanness Wu (Wu Jianhao in Chinese), a member of the Taiwanese group "F4," with the purpose of sweeping the Asian music market together.

The new group "KANGTA & VANNESS" will release its first album, which was produced by South Korean producers, across Asia in mid-May.

Music fans are excited at the fact that two top stars in Asia have joined efforts. The collaboration between Kang and Wu was anticipated when the "Golden Melody Awards" ceremony, the largest music awards ceremony in Taiwan, was held on May 8, 2004.

With the awards ceremony giving momentum, they became friends and promised to "engage in new kinds of activities to surprise all of Asia together." Since last year, they began systematic preparations for their joint activities.

An official from SM Entertainment attached importance to the collaboration between these two Asian stars, saying, "Their formation of a group is not a mere outcome of cooperation between two big stars in Asia, but has presented a new formula for activities through cooperation between a hallyu star and a star from the Chinese-speaking region. Their cooperation is also very meaningful in terms of cultural exchange, as they are expected to provide fans all over Asia with high quality music content produced with Korea's outstanding technology."

source:KBS global

hello steff!

hehe...I wish I'm going, but no..... I dun think I can even get tickets. I heard it's gonna be their first live performance tho before the album is even released!!!! ah..... I'm so looking forward to watch the clip. I hope SCV is going to show it live.......

Guest spfork

Awesome! Even though I don't know who Vanness Wu is. I'm pretty sure that he's a good singer though... considering the fact that the fans and SM Entertainment seemed happy about it rather then upset.

BTW, is Kangta still in SM? Rumors have been drifting about and I'm not sure. --;; Rather stupid question though.

Guest msjang

Anyone knows when Kangta is gonna release his Korean solo album?

I hope he is going to release his own solo, on top of the collab. with Vanness

Guest adikkeluangman

Singers Seven and Kangta Achieve Success at MAA

2006-05-08

ta_l.jpg

Singer Seven gave a successful performance as a representative singer from Korea at

the MTV Asia Awards (MAA) 2006. At the same event, the duo “Kangta & Vanness,”

comprising Korean singer Kangta and Taiwanese singer Vanness Wu, a member of the

group F4, made its debut.

Seven won the Favorite Artist Award at the event, which was held at the Royal

Paragon Hall in Siam Paragon in Bangkok, Thailand, on May 6 at 8 p.m. Singer Rain

was last year’s winner of the award.

The MAA is one of the largest music festivals in Asia, bringing Asian singers together.

With 4,000 fans present, the show was hosted by Taiwanese singer Wang Lee Hom

and Kelly Rowland, a member of the group Destiny’s Child.

The Favorite Artist Korea was announced immediately after the opening act, attesting

to the popularity of Korean pop music in the Asian region. Vanness Wu introduced

the winner, saying that he was honored to give an award involving Korean music,

which is the most popular these days.

Seven expressed his gratitude in English to his Korean and Asian fans.

He was the fourth singer to give a celebratory performance at the show. While

introducing him, host Wang Lee Hom said he expected the Korean singer to give a

performance "as hot as Korean kimchi." Clad in gold, Seven indeed presented a

sensational performance.

Seven spellbound not only his fans but also the entire audience with powerful dancing

and singing. He presented “Passion” and the remix version of “I Know it.”

Another Korean singer, Sean, who handed out the Style Award, said that officials

from MTV praised Seven after the show and host Kelly Rowland was impressed by

the explosive response he received.

The passionate response was presaged by the fact that some 3,000 fans gathered at

Don Muang International Airport when Seven arrived in Bangkok on May 5.

Meanwhile, the duo Kangta & Vanness made its official debut at the MAA 2006. In the

closing performance, they presented the title song “Scandal,” combining Kangta’s

vocals with Vanness Wu’s rapping.

In addition to Seven and Kangta, singers from other countries appeared in the MAA

2006, such as Con, Hoobastank, Lee Ryan and Tata Young.

Major winners included Ricky Martin (Favorite Male Artist), Kelly Clarkson (Favorite

Female Artist), the Back Street Boys (Favorite Pop Act), Green Day (Favorite Rock

Act), Con (Favorite Video), and Simon Webbe (Favorite Breakthrough Artist).

MTV Korea will air the MAA 2006 show on May 20 at 3:30 p.m.

c: KBS Global

Guest evelyn168

I saw Vanness and KT's perf. It's really good. I gotta say, they look really hot!!! Can't wait to hear their new CD.

Guest ty_vee

wow MAA?? I really want to watch it badly. I only watched the Kangta and Vanness' perf part. And it made me more eager to watch the entire show!

Guest Jaja_Blink

^ the entire show is somewhat boring LOL...except some perf like Se7en's, Jolin's, Lee Hom's and yeah...Kangta and Vanness's perf ~~ ^^;

Guest ty_vee

Really? Just wanna ask..did u watch it live? You're in Thailand, right?

I want to see how Lee Hom and Kelly hosted the show too. I can't stop wondering how if Kangta had collaborated with Lee Hom instead. It would have been more..yeah *shrugs

But Kangta's perf was great anyway...It's a different kind of song he used to sing and he was adorable as ever >.<

Want to see Se7en's perf too...Needless to say. ;)

Guest prettysara

I can't stop wondering how if Kangta had collaborated with Lee Hom instead. It would have been more..yeah *shrugs

But Kangta's perf was great anyway...It's a different kind of song he used to sing and he was adorable as ever >.<

hi! newbie here. don't know ..maybe because it was live, the song didn't hit me that well. they're both great performers (kangta & vanness) but together they don't jive. this is my opinion...chemistry wasn't there. not like the lee hom & rain perfect harmony song (sorry off topic). 2nd scandal wasn't a catchy tune for me.

maybe the other cuts in the album would sound better.... :)

Guest cpopbaby19

^lol yeah. im thinking like that. i thought the song wasn't all that good. but it was live! :w00t: but, isn't it cool to have some new things on Ta? ;)

official english news....

Kang Ta Forms Group with Taiwanese Singer Vanness Wu

http://english.kbs.co.kr/ICSFiles/artimage...nt_nws/ta_l.jpg

Singer Kang Ta has formed a group with singer Vanness Wu (Wu Jianhao in Chinese), a member of the Taiwanese group "F4," with the purpose of sweeping the Asian music market together.

The new group "KANGTA & VANNESS" will release its first album, which was produced by South Korean producers, across Asia in mid-May.

Music fans are excited at the fact that two top stars in Asia have joined efforts. The collaboration between Kang and Wu was anticipated when the "Golden Melody Awards" ceremony, the largest music awards ceremony in Taiwan, was held on May 8, 2004.

With the awards ceremony giving momentum, they became friends and promised to "engage in new kinds of activities to surprise all of Asia together." Since last year, they began systematic preparations for their joint activities.

An official from SM Entertainment attached importance to the collaboration between these two Asian stars, saying, "Their formation of a group is not a mere outcome of cooperation between two big stars in Asia, but has presented a new formula for activities through cooperation between a hallyu star and a star from the Chinese-speaking region. Their cooperation is also very meaningful in terms of cultural exchange, as they are expected to provide fans all over Asia with high quality music content produced with Korea's outstanding technology."

source:KBS global

O_O

really? lmao. i love both singers. <3 i used to be a HUGE fan of F4 before being drunk in Korean music. XD but anyway getting back.. what' the title of the song? Ta was Hot. <3 i think Vanness just rapped at the track. and i think he was like the second voice? (and his korean is like.. ehh.. O_O he sounds better in english! XD) but anyway.. i hope the album is going to be good. i'll have high expectations because i know these two are really big. :) i hope they release it here! TT_TT; lmao.

I want to see how Lee Hom and Kelly hosted the show too. I can't stop wondering how if Kangta had collaborated with Lee Hom instead. It would have been more..yeah *shrugs

^lmao. i watched it two times! XD the perf was really HOT. <333

the entire show is somewhat boring LOL...except some perf like Se7en's, Jolin's, Lee Hom's and yeah...Kangta and Vanness's perf ~~ ^^;

lol. they just present the awards and let the crowd scream! :lol: i think Kelly and Leehom twice said, "Make some noise Bangkok" O_O lol, i was like.. haha wtf? -__- but anyway.. the perfs were so cool.. <333

Archived