Spelling Asian As Azn

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Guest ♥neekers

There was a period of my life when I used 'Azn' instead of Asian.

I'm much older now and of course, I no longer use slang. Except the usual case of LOL, WTF, OMG etc.

I can't really say much because as I've said, I was once one of those people.

But I guess it is annoying when you think about it. It was only when I got rid of my slang habit that my english improved.

I remembered people getting offended when I shorten 'Japanese' - I ask many other people if they find it offensive and they say no.

Is the shorten version of 'Japanese' offensive to you? - See, even soompi changes it. LOL =o=

-sighs- Never mind about that. My Japanese friend just explained it to me. Sorry guys :/

{I topped the page! Hell to the Yeah!}

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest azn-pearl

lolz..i dont get bothered by it becuz i do that...but i dont write cuz i think it makes me look cool...i juz like how it looks...but i write both "asian" and "azn"...they bothe ok with me....they bothe means asian...hahahha

Guest nxtlvl

I'm not incredibly annoyed unless it's becomes very repetitive.

Asain bothers me more anyways, like how people spell 'viola!' in a variety of ridiculous ways.

Guest randykiyoshi

hahaha i spell 'asian' as 'azn' sometimes ; just being efficient, and if people can still understand that it means "asian", what's the big deal ?

I agree. I seen no problem in typing 'Asian' as 'Azn'. As an example, in some games there is a character limit on your name, so people might put in 'Azn' instead of 'Asian'.

It's like saying Viet instead of Vietnamese, Euro instead of European, etc. It's doesn't bother me since the reason (I think) they do that is to save time typing.

Guest Fueled by Ramen

i don't see the big deal. it's an abbreviation. yes, asian and azn don't sound exactly the same if you -- for some reason -- try to say 'azn' aloud, but neither do pound and lb.

Guest xstrawberry_bearx

I dont get annoyed with it nor does it bothers me.

I always type it out as "asian" not "azn" because it's not that hard to spell anyways.

Whatever one prefers I guess.

Guest suppaazn

doesn't really bother me because i used to be one of those people.

i don't really use that kind of slang anymore (except LOL/WTF etc)

irritates me when i play an online game and i see people who's names are like "AZN PRIDE!!!111", because of names like those, other people form stereotypes like us being nerdy w/ acne and stuff

Guest NorMooNaMoo

if someone spells like that to me..i'll go and look it up in dictionary! lol

don't bother me at all but for what?

it doesn't waste your time with 2 extra letters. it's not "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"!

Guest sweetiexpie098

It bugs me too!

Ughh my friends' screen name starts with 'azn' and I'm like ughh...

It annoys me like crazy....

Guest binjoo

lol i started typing out AZN when i first heard that 'got rice' song

but im outta that phase, hahah :P

Ah yeah, I'm guilty of that phase also...

It's kind of annoying. I basically find any type of shortening/acronym thing annoying.

I hate it when people say "**aZn PrIdE!!11~~~***@#$(&~" and stupid crap like that....

Guest esoteric.

I've always had a strong dislike toward the word 'azn'. It bugs the crap out of me for some unknown reason.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HelloTharrTiff

I guess I'm ohkay with it.

It depends if they overuse it or not.

For example I know this girl and she ALWAYS uses the word 'Azn'

All over her Myspace profile, her aim buddy info,etc.. it says "AZN PRIDE FOR LIFEE" "I'M AZN" "WOOOO AZN PRIDEE!"

Annoys the hell out of me. <_<

Archived