Abercrombie Model Tips?

Guest aiyashisuey

Guest moley

they want me to work there as a sales associate? im sure they would have told me if they did... but the lady gave me this little card that says "casting" on it.

anyway, ive had my fair share of jobs and i enjoy school and really dont want to spend time folding clothes

They should have told you more about the position they're hiring you for. @ my store when they needed to hire people, they usually give a few of those cards to their employees to pass out to potential people who could work there. IMO, I didn't like working there too much, which is why I asked to be changed to a seasonal employee and to work as an impact (working in the back & stocking clothes mostly) instead. =) Don't have to say stupid tag lines to customers and stand for 5+ hours folding clothes. The discounts rock though. =)

Guest aiyashisuey

My bad....I thought you were a guy :blush: writing the post...ooops :phew:

Well, looking at your height as a female...you are definitely tall enough and the last time i checked, A & F was looking for a diversity in ethnicity and also more female models. Maybe they are looking for a fresh new face, idk...anyways, from the other posts, it does look like they are looking for a sales person but if they are really looking for a fresh face model, you can double check and make sure that it is just not another scam.

Check their website and call their main office and confirm the person that gave you the business card. You can go from there. Good luck and if you have any questions, let me know.

thanks =] you've been really helpful.

i did call the store and the woman who gave me her card told me to come in for the interview. im pretty sure its simple floor modelling work and since i need some extra cash to spend, i figure it would be an easy job...a much better job than when i used to work at a diner. lol

Guest Rubiiex

Yeah, my sister is a huge A&F fanatic that shops there all the time -_-

But she was "scouted" as a model by some lady too & got the job

As for the job, from what I heard it sucked

They barely needed her at all, (maybe once or twice a week)

for greeting people, folding a butt load of clothes, and occasionally working as a cashier

and you have to wear A&F sandals

Guest kamikaze!

my sister works at A&F. she's a "model" for it, but it's not like the models as in ones in the pictures. it's just a step above an employee. the models usually fold the clothes, spray the cologne, greet customers, and make the clothes look nice on them.

i'm not positive, but i think my sister said their dress code is jeans and a navy blue or white shirt. if i were you, i'd buy some flip flops, jeans and maybe a white button up and a blue undershirt or something from the clearance section at A&F. it doesn't hurt to make a good first impression.

oh, and i think the models sometimes get to actually do a photoshoot for a calendar, cause my sister was in one. she's the girl in the back.

l_760b2dc0ceda4c83b210bebcb16a1c22.jpg

Guest pityfulblue

not being offense you're asian right? my friends who work there tell me that 5'7'' is the minimum but they usually prefer ever taller and you have to be lik 110 or below well i can assume that at 125 you have a hot body for their type but what's dubious is that asians aren't usually the type of people they recruit to even do retail work on the ground floor they're usually stuck on the 2nd or 3rd floor...but good luck in everything!!

Guest dottywine

Yeah, wear jeans and a black shirt or a white button-down shirt or a navy polo. Make sure most of your hair is out of your face and your face and nails are very clean. Have natural make up and light lip-gloss. Don't wear flip flops. Maybe its okay there, but I just HATE it. Its so tacky and unprofessional. Just wear some cute flats.

Guest Bebe_Ji

oh good.. that's up to you..

i guess everyone's else replies is the same so i'm not help.

but i was wondering how the brand rep job is like too.

I wanna apply for abercrombie since i was asked too.

but i work at f21 and sticking with it til june..

I'm thinking about apply for a&f in the fall.

not being offense you're asian right? my friends who work there tell me that 5'7'' is the minimum but they usually prefer ever taller and you have to be lik 110 or below well i can assume that at 125 you have a hot body for their type but what's dubious is that asians aren't usually the type of people they recruit to even do retail work on the ground floor they're usually stuck on the 2nd or 3rd floor...but good luck in everything!!

really? i worked there twice.(both times AF managers came to ask me ) and Im only 5'1" so im not sure why your friend say that . but i rather stock things up rather than just stay in front to greet customer. GOSH IT IS SO BORING -__-

Guest _aitherios

I heard that stores like hollisterco and A&F like the "natural look".. so keep makeup to a minimum ^ fresh looking

&& since it's a mall job, I doubt you'll have to wear any kind of "formal" interview attire... just a nice top && bottom. maybe dress how you think they'd expect you to wear as a floor model?

Guest aznprincess08

i don't think you should wear black to the interview like some people said. thats one of the colors thats a big no no at a&f. but other than that, take the advice of everyone else: jeans, tshirt/polo, flip-flops/chucks.

I'm pretty sure by model, they mean the store. They do actual casting for A&F (i.e. models from agencies), but the models are also store employees if they're chosen.

For the interview, just dress casual. That's the key, a lot of people come all dressed up with a resume, they just want to make sure you fit the proper look they are looking for so dress more like what they sell. kamikaze!'s pic pretty much says it: currently, our dress is jeans and as for now, the colours we can wear are navy blue, grey and white (however you don't need to go completely with this for your interview, but keep it in the same style as the photo). It doesn't have to be A&F/Hollister/Ruehl/Gilly either but just try not to go into the interview with a shirt that says American Eagle right across the top :P

Also, minimal makeup. You can have makeup, but it has to be natural and just enhance your features; no eyeliner, no lipstick. Keep your nails short and clean (only clear polish is allowed) and take off any excess piercings you have; girls can have one stud each ear.

There's no height requirement to work there, maybe the managers in THAT store prefer to hire 5'7+ (5'7 and 110 is not idealistic either) but it's not company policy. In fact that's actually a wrong practice if the managers are doing that because that counts for discrimination and not equal opportunity which means they could probably get sued.

I'm 5'1 and there are other girls in my store below 5'7. We got Asian guys too and yeah they're usually not that tall either.

My friends a manager at a A&F in Toronto and like everyone says you won't be really doing what you may think "models" do. You'll just be an employee wearing their clothes.

But honestly you should take pride in the fact that they asked you. Good luck. =)

Guest kimchee1

I was a model position at Abercrombie...

I cashiered, stood in the front room greeting saying their tagline, maintain the room.

It sucked gettin min wage =]

uhh, just dress the style and no make up, natural.

at the store i worked at, they encouraged us to wear blue and white w/ flip flops.

they'll just ask you a question on what diversity is to you and a few other questions during the group interview.

Guest plegend2007

thanks =] you've been really helpful.

i did call the store and the woman who gave me her card told me to come in for the interview. im pretty sure its simple floor modelling work and since i need some extra cash to spend, i figure it would be an easy job...a much better job than when i used to work at a diner. lol

Your are more than welcome...

I see......They were looking for some floor models....hmmmmmmmmmm...sorry, don't know much about the floor modeling gig, i was one of A & F campaign models and we made some store appearances, but that was more for sign and greet.

But you never know where that can lead you, so if you decide to do this gig, good luck, have some fun, and hopefully it pays well.

Archived