♥ Good Looks For Tan-ish Asian Skin ♥

Guest mikki.

Guest 1LastTouch

Personally, I think that swimsuit model isn't even tan. I am really tan for an Asian person T_T. I wanted to be a bit paler but my boyfriend who is Taiwanese prefer me tan. He likes tan girls, he says, b/c they look healthy and "hot". I don't know but I think any color skin looks nice. Some people like pale skinned people and others like tannish people. My friends made fun of my dark tan skin but I've had people go up to me and complimented my skin color; they wanted to know if I went and got a tan.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest _aitherios

tan skin's gorgeous. if i could tan nicely (my skin gets blotchy for some reason) i would deff prefer to be golden bronze xD

MAKEUP

-bronze

-gold

-green

-navy/cobalt

(eyeshadows, eyeliners) go amazingly with tan skin. for lips, gold sheens and corals.

HAIR

gold-brown (not orangey brown) looks good with tan skin.

basically anything w/ gold undertones.

Guest GwendolynGuillotine

Personally, I think that swimsuit model isn't even tan. I am really tan for an Asian person T_T. I wanted to be a bit paler but my boyfriend who is Taiwanese prefer me tan. He likes tan girls, he says, b/c they look healthy and "hot". I don't know but I think any color skin looks nice. Some people like pale skinned people and others like tannish people. My friends made fun of my dark tan skin but I've had people go up to me and complimented my skin color; they wanted to know if I went and got a tan.

Just embrace what you got. :lol: Your boy probably loves you the way you are! What are the chances to find a guy like that?

Yeah the swimsuit isn't what I call tan. Her skin tone is more like olive/ medium. Asians with olive skin can appear both tan and pale depending on the make up, the hair, and the lighting they're in.

Guest icebe

Just embrace what you got. :lol: Your boy probably loves you the way you are! What are the chances to find a guy like that?

Yeah the swimsuit isn't what I call tan. Her skin tone is more like olive/ medium. Asians with olive skin can appear both tan and pale depending on the make up, the hair, and the lighting they're in.

olive?? so that's what my skin colour's called ??? i'v called it "ugly yellow" till now...lmao cuz my skin looks exactely like that, well just the colour's a bit lighter (cuz it's still winter now...) it's not dark, but also not really pale... it's just nothing/sickily looking, which i hate!!!!

i think tanned skin is sexy/hot, especially on guys... but not everyone looks good tanned, some people can't pull it off and look way better with lighter skin colour

Guest heartofarose

personally, i LOVE them with pink lipstick.

you know, those light & nude pinks,

they look beautiful.

the only examples i could find right now were hyori lee & seo in young

leehyorimkmf08111620283.jpg

00000126980000020207.jpg

and as shown,

the dark eyer looks gorgeous :D <3

Guest mikki.

tan skin's gorgeous. if i could tan nicely (my skin gets blotchy for some reason) i would deff prefer to be golden bronze xD

MAKEUP

-bronze

-gold

-green

-navy/cobalt

(eyeshadows, eyeliners) go amazingly with tan skin. for lips, gold sheens and corals.

HAIR

gold-brown (not orangey brown) looks good with tan skin.

basically anything w/ gold undertones.

ohh thanks for the suggestions! as for the hair color do you think something like this girl's hair would suit?

http://images.inmagine.com/img/sozaijiten/...5/szj185075.jpg

Guest meeyu

hey thats a cute tan skin color xD

ummm i'd for go for bronze colors? idk im like that skin color and i loveee wearing dark makeup ><

Guest vanggirlie

that girl in that pic, she still look quite light skinned to me.

neways, you can still use whatever makeup or style you want even if your tan. it just depends on the shade.

Guest Sympathetic

oh haha, yeahh.

i was thinking about dying my hair lighter but i didn't know if tan skin would suite it :o but i hate how it looks with black hair xD

I think that lighter hair looks more prettier on tanned girls. Whereas pale girls suit dark hair.

So I think you should go for it, depending on how dark your tan is though. :)

Guest ai.s2

im really tan for an asian,

my tone is like light bronze-ish

actually people compliment on it,

how its looks healthy-sunkissed & glowing ,,

i dont get teased for it coz

personally i don't really mind my darkness,

bronze/gold makeup looks pretty good,

evn though im already bronze it makes you glow evn more in a subtle way

but yea, like everyone is saying, the girl in the picture isnt really tan,

& if you're lighter than that, then you're not really that tan

haha thank you. :]

I've gotten that quite a few times... I still don't really see it though. XD

AHHHH!! SAME HERE!!! TT^TT

it's such a pain during the summer to deal with makeup. @.@ I don't even bother putting an foundation during the summer cause I feel all hot and sweaty. blehhhh..

LOL people think I look filippino when I'm tan. @.@ I so don't look filippino.

Actually, yes, you could pass for a normal Filipino.

Having a tan skin is such a pain, not all colors look good on you.

Guest reikurenai

I envy tanned girls... I soooo want to be tanned.... But the thing is... I don't look so good when i'm tanned... I look horrible and my face would look more oily... T___T

I wanted to be tan...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aznch4mp

google..

jessica tan, miss singapore

Jessica-Tan-7.jpg

kim yoobin, from wondergirls

yoobin.jpg

lee hyori

hyori-lee-sang.jpg

*for more, i'd look at thai models/celebrities etc. because typically from what i've noticed, thai women have tanner skin. correct me if i'm wrong though! same goes for some vietnamese, cambodian, filipina..

for eyeshadow, i hear green and gold looks best with tan skin and dark eyes. i think a bronze would look really good too.

for lips, i think something light and pink would look cute. it would contrast with your skin and make your lips pop out more. it's good for a really cute, young look!

for clothing, if you want to accentuate your "tan-ness" go for lighter colors! this will contrast with your dark skin. metallics would also be a good choice if you wanna be extra flashy~ avoid browns, they blend in with your skin!

hope that kinda helps? i get really tan in the summer too because of tennis.

me with a funky face. haha it was the only one i could find that had a good example of me and my skin in the summer.

Guest afrillisdark

im brown like a medium or light skinned black women like rihanna or beyonce. im full filipino im like 1/4 ilocano and the rest is zambal with muslim traces apparently... im super dark. people think im mixed. i go with the make up styles that go with black people, and indian people, and other middle eastern looks... i never try to wear colors thats neon when it comes to clothes or makeup. i go for jewel tones, cool colors, earth tones, and occasionally pastel colors like, pastel yellow looks nice. i go more the the japanese gyaru style of wearing my make up, since im already dark i dont have to wear darker foundation just my regular foundation but i do my make up the exact same way as them. i just use a LOT of highlight for my countouring.

yea im not tan... im straight up BROWN....... naturally... all over, even my richard simmons.

I am Filipino. And I have that tanned Asian skin. I think that earthy tones/neutrals/browns/bronzes go nice with tanned skin. It gives the skin a nice glow. I usually like to do a gold/brown smokey eye and maybe a natural or nude lip color. Tune did a very nice tutorial for tanned skin. :D

Guest ginger

. i go for jewel tones, cool colors, earth tones, and occasionally pastel colors like, pastel yellow looks nice.

I definitely agree with earth and jewel tones. I think tanned ladies look great in colors like burnt sienna. And yeah, buttercup yellow usually looks great. It enhances the tanned look and is very striking.

iitzjesss: Thanks! My nickname given to me by my students is actually "인형." ^_^ I may not be as tan as some girls in this thread, but compared to most Korean girls...I'm dark. My female co-workers and Korean friends are white as a ghost.

-ginger

Guest FooFooRuk

i think a lot of colors goes with tan skins, more than they do with pale skin because pale skin often looks washed out

but i justwanna say some kcelebs up there look like they got a fake tan lol i never thought it was possible with asians cus they don't reallly llook orange o_o

Guest stephaniehk4

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img13.imageshack.us/img13/213/leehyorimkmf08111620283.jpg%7Boption%7D

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3018/00000126980000020207.jpg%7Boption%7D

after looking at these pictures

i realized that tan asians

look better without their naturally dark hair

but died a lighter tone like SIY's

or slightly red like Hyori's

Archived