[upcoming] [hk Movie 2009] 風雲 Storm Riders 2 / Storm Warriors 2

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

AARON KWOK, EKIN CHENG, CHARLENE CHOI, NICHOLAS TSE, SIMON YAM

stormriders2.jpg

Hong Kong's Pang Brothers to direct Storm Riders sequel

Liz Shackleton in Hong Kong

12 Dec 2007 15:31

Hong Kong-based Universe Entertainment is lining up a sequel to 1998 martial arts fantasy The Storm Riders, to be directed by the Pang Brothers (Bangkok Dangerous, Re-cycle).

The Storm Riders II (working title) is budgeted at $12m and scheduled to start shooting in March 2008 for tentative delivery in October 2009.

The lengthy post-production period is necessary due to the extensive CGI that the film requires. Special effects will be handled by Fat Face, the Hong Kong effects house that drew praise for its work on Re-cycle, and also worked on Peter Ho-sun Chan's war epic The Warlords, which is being released across Asia this weekend.

Danny and Oxide Pang made their English-language debut earlier this year with Sony's The Messengers, and also recently shot the English-language remake of their 1999 hit Bangkok Dangerous, with Nicolas Cage in the lead. However, they continue to work in Asia Danny most recently with In Love With The Dead and Oxide with The Detective both also for Universe.

Other talent on the Storm Riders sequel includes art director Yee Chung Man (Curse Of The Golden Flower) and action director Ma Choi Shing (Bichunmoo).

Universe is aiming to use the same main cast Aaron Kwok and Ekin Cheng as in the original film. Directed by Andrew Lau (Infernal Affairs), the award-winning original was based on Ma Wing Shing's popular comic book Fung Wan, about two children who become powerful warriors under an evil warlord's tutelage.

Meanwhile, Universe has scored a pair of major European sales on Benny Chan's martial arts actioner Invisible Target following the recent AFM. EuropaCorp has taken the film for France, while Splendid has acquired rights for Germany and Benelux.

The film was previously sold to The Weinstein Company for North America and a clutch of other English-speaking territories.

The tricky thing about reporting on Asian movies, even one as high-profile and as highly anticipated as the Pang Brothers’ “Storm Riders 2″, is that finding information on them is like trying to find talent in Paris Hilton. It’s just gosh darn hard! But thankfully there are sites like TwitchFilm out there to fill us in. Their latest are links to a Chinese site that has pictures from the set of “The Storm Riders 2″, featuring returning stars Ekin Cheng and Aaron Kwok getting suited up in their armor and a couple of images of them battling on the set, wackily oversized swords included.

The plot for “The Storm Riders 2″? Your guess is as good as mine. The only thing we know for sure is that Kwok returns as Cloud and Cheng returns as Wind. Now if they can find a way to force Earth and Fire in there somewhere, they could start their own band…

Also co-starring Nicholas Tse, Simon Yam, and Charlene Choi.

“The Storm Riders” rides into theaters in 2009.

風雲 II (The Storm Warriors)

導演: 彭氏兄弟

主演: 郭富城,鄭伊健,蔡卓妍,謝霆鋒,任達華,何家勁,林雪,唐嫣

片長:

日期: 2009-12-03

故事講述東瀛霸主絕無神(任達華飾演)為奪中土皇權,擒下一眾武林人士逼其臣服,就連步驚雲(郭富城飾演)、聶風(鄭伊健飾演)及武林神話無名(何家勁飾演)聯手,與絕無神對峙亦受重創。

楚楚(唐嫣飾演)為救步驚雲擋下重擊而昏迷不醒,令步驚雲心愧不已。為保江湖,聶風不惜以身犯險修煉魔功。期間,他遇上了生命中的另一至愛第二夢(蔡卓研飾演)。

可是絕無神軍隊在迅雷不及掩耳之際,兵臨城下再下一城,眾人始料不及,而聶風為救第二夢卻中途破關……

Guest hungrycollegeboy

Wow Storm Warriors 2?

I remembered the first one. Man.... age is starting to take a toll on these guys.

Here is a short trailer of the movie:

DETAILS OF THE CHARACTERS

* Ekin Cheng plays Whispering Wind, a kindhearted and trustworthy martial artist. He is willing to sacrifice himself in order to save his friend, Cloud. He is even willing to take the evil path to boost up his strength for the sake of the people. Cheng reprises his role from the first film, and decided to grow back his former long-hair extensions.

* Aaron Kwok plays Striding Cloud, an unruly martial artist. He is kidnapped by the film's villain, Lord Godless, and is wanted by the Chinese Emperor. He inadvertently uncovers Lord Godless' secret plan to invade China. Kwok was "ecstatic" about making a sequel to The Storm Riders, despite realizing how difficult the shooting process would be. He prepared for the role by exercising and weight training. On the first day of shooting, Kwok was injured before the eyes of many reporters who covered the shoot, but did not sustain any serious harm. Kwok described Cloud as “a very complex character, and people will see a more developed version of him here. He is more mature this time, and more ‘human’ too. You see him as a real human character, not just a comic character.”

* Simon Yam plays Lord Godless, an evil warlord from Japan who conspires to invade China. He captures and imprisons a large group of martial artists, including the Chinese Emperor. The character is based on the comic book's Japanese Invasion story arc, The Death Battle.

* Charlene Choi plays Second Dream, the only daughter of martial arts legend “The King of Broadsword”. She is well trained with the broadsword since young and inherits the great skills of her father. She aids Wind when Cloud is kidnapped by Lord Godless.

* Nicholas Tse plays Heart, the eldest son and competent assistant of Lord Godless.

* Tang Yan plays Chu Chu, the daughter of Kirin Arm who has accompanied Cloud in his nomadic journey. Tang replaces Shu Qi who played Chu Chu in the first film.

* Kenny Ho plays Nameless, a martial arts legend with superior martial arts strength and regarded as the greatest enemy to Lord Godless. He puts his hopes on both Wind and Cloud to save the world.

* Lam Suet plays The Piggy King, an ugly-looking martial artist who is a womanizer and enjoys fooling around. However, he has been entrusted by Nameless to lead Wind and Cloud to Lord Wicked.

* Kenny Wong plays Lord Wicked, the eldest disciple of the King of Knives and the Piggy King. A recluse and renowned martial arts master who broke both his arms in order to set himself free from evil power. Wind and Cloud seeks his help to increase their martial arts power.

Extra Info:

- Charlene (Second Dream) will be playing as Ekin's (Cloud's) lover/wife in this part.

Guest mezzxanne

I seriously can't wait for this movie now. It's sounds exciting! and you have both Aaron Kwok & Nicholas Tse in it! <3333

Guest Gummi Bear

I love the first movie and can't wait to see this sequel. I am glad Ekin and Aaron are backto repise their role.

Wow Storm Warriors 2?

I remembered the first one. Man.... age is starting to take a toll on these guys.

that's exactly what i was thinking when i saw the pics. Aaron, not so much, but Ekin is really starting to look haggard

oh!

I remember this movie! = ]

part two... how are they gonna continue this movie? O__o

The movie is base on a comic novel plus at the end of part one it just show the two main character standing

on a rooftop. In the next comic book it continues their story.

Here is a bit more information on the movie:

It is a sequel to the 1998 film The Storm Riders, both of which are based on the manhua Fung Wan by Ma Wing-Shing. The Storm Warriors is also known by its English-language working title, The Storm Riders II, a title that was changed in order to avoid copyright disputes.

Ekin Cheng and Aaron Kwok respectively reprise their roles as Wind and Cloud, who this time find themselves up against Lord Godless (Simon Yam), a ruthless Japanese warlord who intends on invading China.

For the film, the Pangs were inspired by Fung Wan's popular Japanese Invasion story arc The Death Battle. The Storm Warriors was shot primarily in Bangkok, Thailand, and marks the first Chinese film to be shot in bluescreen and on custom-made sets. The film is expected to be released in Hong Kong on 17 December 2009

Guest strawberrynkiwi

ohmygoshh... im hyperventilating right now.

風雲 is like one of my favorite childhood movies of all time. and i forgot all bout it all these years.

and now they are making a new one, with the original characters. my dreams answered RIGHT THERE.

holy crap. don't explain how happy i am right now. ekin and aaron, again.

man now i need to order storm warriors of yesasia to refresh my childhood memories.

... but too bad i don't like charlene. i don't think she matches the traditional chinese look at all. nicholas will make up for that part.

Guest Madoki

haha....epiccccccccccccccccccc! omg stormriders was one of my favorite favorite movies of all time. i'm glad ekin and aaron are back. i also can't wait to see nicholas in this one. mannnn its gona be crazy! i'm just sad frost is gone! noooooooooooo!

Guest fantasian

wow cant believe its 10 years already, i remember watching the original when it came out and was blown away with the CGI, and how awesomely cool wind and cloud were.

I'd definately be going to see this one.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest FESHA

Holy Crap. I can't wait for this movie to come out.

Ekin and Aaron came back. =D

12.17.=== 12.17th!

Ekin Cheng.

Guest mookie

I'm not a fan of Ekin Cheng's acting. The first 風雲 was dazzling and he looked the part, but he's long lost his spark. There's sth very unattractive in an actor or a guy who is not determined in bettering his craft.

Aaron on the other hand has improved tremendously as an actor these past years. Hope his great enough so I won't notice how painful to watch Ekin's acting will be.

• 6 months later...
Guest Phantos

i totally wanna watch this movie badly!! but i can't seem to find anywhere on the website that i could dl it can someone help me out!! thanks

i totally wanna watch this movie badly!! but i can't seem to find anywhere on the website that i could dl it can someone help me out!! thanks

The drama just hit theater at least 2 weeks ago so I doubt there is any dvd release for this movie yet nor an fancam so you have to wait at least another week or two for the mandarin version to come out on dvd

Archived