Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest wonderbang

Me too...I don't have a clear favorite. Though if I had to pick, I hope Djokovic wins his first GS. From the way he's playiing coupled with defeating the Fed, he totally deserves it. :)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 more minutes! Hahaha

wonderbang: I'm rooting for Tsonga, I hope he keeps his momentum up! I'd be happy if Djokovic won too, but go Tsonga~! :)

Guest enticing

It was a wonderful end to Tsonga's cinderella story even if he didn't win. He gained like 15,000 fans in the process, definitely a fan in me.

Who knows, maybe Tsonga will pull it off in his own country and win his first slam. I think the Australian Open taught us that anything is possible. :ph34r:

Guest TrainDriver

theres something about novak that irritates me. sif bounce the ball how many freaking times b4 serving. anyway, bl for tsonga, but i wonder how good he is on clay. he should be a powerful player that will be recognised, just like gonzo from last A.Open (although gonzo didn't get very far this time)

Guest *_Milia

OMG I WAS ROOTING FOR TSONGA TO WIN!!! but I'm still very happy for him :) :) he just gained fans, popularity and my support :wub: :wub: he fought and played well considering it's no.38 vs no.3

Novak did annoy me A LOOTTT with his bouncing the ball thingie *ggrrr* and I didn't like it when his family was making a fuss over those fans, what losers

but congrats to him, he played well!

Guest daifeilo

haha, Novak average bounces about 6 before serving. funny when a crowd shouted after he took so long and he told the umpire to shut them up.

Guest sorbet6

^ i know the bouncing thing is annoying, but i think it's one of those habits that's really hard to break out of.. like biting your nails :S

i'm a fan of Tsonga but i'm also really really happy that Djokovic won because he played extremely well. who knows, maybe they'll meet again in the French Open and Tsonga can exact his revenge :P

Guest Xiaoba1tu

TT-TT

I wanted Tsonga to win for some reason..

Ah well, it was a close match..

Novak was injured a little.. & Tsonga made him run alot ^^

At least Tsonga made it through to the Grand final & in the last week he has made more money than his whole career so far.

^^I think it was cause he didn't turn his mic off, I'm not sure.

What an intense match! The Aussie crowd was on fire when Tsonga produced that lob to take out the first set, as was I, lots of fist pumps in the air! Hahahah, great match, Djokovic played very very well. Kudos to him! Hoping to catch AO 09 in Melbourne next year and am anticipating the other major tournaments this year. :)

Guest wonderbang

lol everyone was rooting for the underdog....well i'm actually happy novak got his first GS...i'm sure it's the first of many to come.

and all the tennis fans are pretty much used to his ball-bouncing routine.....i like to compare it to sharapova's shrieking. i mean, at first, everyone hates it blah blah....but then you get used to it and it becomes secondary. i'm pretty sure the same will happen with novak's habit. plenty of players take a lot of time between points...*cough*hantuchova*cough* .....but yeah, i'm not trying to condone it. it's annoying--that's a fact. but it's just one of those things you gotta get assimilated with.

but overall, greeeeat aussie open as usual. nice way to start the year. highlight for me on the men's was djokovic vs. federer and on the women's sharapova vs. henin. special props to that awesome super saturday on the middle weekend where so many great matches were played. two thumbs up!

Any big tournaments coming up next? I can only think of the start of the ATP Masters Series which isn't until March. (warning, tennis noob here)

Hope to be in Melbourne for next year's AO if I'm not travelling. It'd be awesome to watch one of the semis. Finals are so expensive...

Guest wonderbang

Not really yuns...the next big tournaments are in March starting with Indian Wells. That's typically when I start watching tennis on TV again each year.

And I have made it my life goal to attend all four grand slams at some point. It's gonna take awhile...lol...maybe a long while...but I'm gonna get there somehow. :D

Guest aeroshaastranger :)

wanted tsonga t win!

but i guess djokovic is just really good!

haha i don't like djokovic either.

sth abt his expressions and emotions!

i dk, he looks manipulative and freaky wsp when his eyes go really big! LOL!

but like i said his talented (: and can dethrone fed.

well i'm not sure abt the next tennis game but nadal is playing one in feb sooo..

there are websites like yahoo or sth which shows the tennis schedule for 2008, maybe you can check it out (:

anyway,anyone know where i can watch the REPLAY of FED vs TIPSAREVIC game? thanks!

anyway........

i fear that nadal cld lose his 2nd rank cos it's like fed has started winning on clay and djokovic seems to be going on strong and djokovic beat nadal a few times?? i dk except for the shanghai masters? plus he just won aussie open. his game seems more varied than nadal's?

and i dk lotsa players like tsonga improving and moving up?

i think maybe nadal shld practice aceing more? don't wanna see nadal lose his ranking!

i see lotsa players having lotsa aces and powerful services and somehow i think it kinda helps them get out of trouble on court.

just my thoughts (: i'm not pro at tennis and don't really play so i dk..haha what do you guys think?

Archived