Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest kpark18
I flip out too much during a game... :( interesting story KIM_SAYS... yeah I'm nowhere near your level lol, cuz during games I just flip out and everything goes out or into the net. I think I'm too afraid of hitting it out or something :(... must practice HARDER!!! :unsure::unsure::unsure:

=] yeup. practice practice until youre confident.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JRMhothothot

aww... federer beat nadal in the hamburg final and snapped nadal's 81 match claycourt winning streak....

sigh...i'm sad

Guest KIM_SAYS:

This is way random, but tennis-related:

Did you guys know that Mark Philippoussis is going to be on an NBC dating reality show?? It's like The Bachelor or something.

:mellow:

Guest Volts

^lol seriously ?!?! i guess he has the "looks" Everyone was expecting him to be the next big thing is tennis....

Guest KIM_SAYS:

^HAHA yeaaah. I saw the commercial and I was like "WHAAAT."

I think it's exactly like The Bachelor...except half of the women are either way younger than him (the "kittens") or they're way older (the "cougars"). No one's near his age.

...Oh man.

Guest jvchou1316
This is way random, but tennis-related:

Did you guys know that Mark Philippoussis is going to be on an NBC dating reality show?? It's like The Bachelor or something.

:mellow:

whoa. seriously?

i used to watch that show.

watever happened to that guy?

i remember i used to be so proud for being able to remember his name.

---

erg. and i really hope Nadal defends at the French. the hamburg thing.. like 1 week before the french... bad for the self-esteem.

Guest supa'Wanki

Ya, its that one tennis player, and half the girls are in their 20's while the other half are over 40.

----

I don't pay attention to the score when I play, it'll destract me... When I play doubles, I tell my partner to sing for me during the game, and we just have a conversation going and tell each other, "you can do it, we're going to win." When I'm a singles player, I do a cocky smile and scream "COME ON!". If for some reason I start losing in a singles match, theres nothing to do than to slow the game pace down and have the coach get your mindset straight. For doubles, you HAVE to support our partner, cause then you ARE going to lose. If one person gives up in a doubles team, that person will be the target for the entire game, in that case, you put that person up net and do an I-formation.

Guest JRMhothothot
erg. and i really hope Nadal defends at the French. the hamburg thing.. like 1 week before the french... bad for the self-esteem.

i think it takes off some of the pressure off Nadal. now that he doesnt have to think about the streak, he can just concentrate on winning. i really hope he defends too!!!

Guest jvchou1316

^ yeah. i think so too.

lol. i saw a preview of the show on the site. it's ... so weird.

i mean, i guess the concept is ...new. but ew. no.

=/

french started! too bad rained a lot, but i was soo happy to see the encore(s) of the 06 final.

i love seeing nadal win.

sigh. i'm so biased.

Guest raincy81

Finally, the French Open, which is one of my favourite ones, is to us.

But my favourite tennis player-- Coria has been out of my sights for such a long time.

I miss you , Coria!

Guest sailormei

argghh

was hecka pissed roddick didn`t make it through first round.

guess he's still crap on clay BLAHHH ._.;;

& i`m pretty much for rafa. maybe feddie might have a chance, who knowsss.

Guest Krn_Track_Star

i know i think roddick cant really play on clay. ne wayz i hope nadal wins because i just want him to repeat.

Guest JRMhothothot

dang...the only two hopes for USA in the mens tour (blake and roddick) are out already!

oh well, go rafa!

for the women's im rooting for either of the williams sisters, preferably serena.

Guest jvchou1316

Nadal was so cool (heh) today! against that montagne guy

sigh. that match jus reminded me why i <3 rafa. his eyes were so intense. champion's glare.

anyways.

i'm kinda psyched/worred about nadal's match with hewitt.

grr.

vamos!

Guest KIM_SAYS:

^Oh, how I would've loved to see that.

Blake and Roddick are both out?!

Maan, I need ESPN NOW.

Archived