The Random Thread (version 2.0) - [now Environmentally Friendly!]

Guest DOVAHKIIN

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest finesse.

*sigh

Divorce is granted entirely too easily in our society. Because of that, people are more inclined to marry on a whim. They know they can get a divorce at any time they choose merely by citing "irreconcilable differences".

Perhaps if you had to apply for a divorce and then either be approved or denied people would think twice about marrying someone they have only known for a short period of time.

Not that I don't think divorce should be available--I do. I just don't think it should be incredibly easy to attain.

Guest 12stilettos.

These days, it seems like everybody's feeling tired.. Exhaustion is spreading like an epidemic and most people have no idea what to do about it.

I'm infected.

Guest finesse.

The reduction of the universe to a single being, the expansion of a single being even to God, this is love.

Guest FragrantWhisper

The reformatting of conventional communication styles by emergence of advanced technology.

I wonder what the next decade will bring.

Guest finesse.

You can have professional ethics, but you seldom hear about professional morals. Ethics tend to be codified into a formal system or set of rules which are explicitly adopted by a group of people. Thus you have medical ethics. Ethics are thus internally defined and adopted, while morals tend to be externally imposed on other people.

If you accuse someone of being unethical, it is equivalent of calling them unprofessional and may well be taken as a significant insult and perceived more personally than if you called them immoral, which of course they may also not like.

Guest leehyori2

I'll jump into of a bullet to save my donuts.

I'll catch the bullet with my teeth & split it in half & spit it out.

Guest BossCharisma

The only track I listen to BIG BANG's new mini album is BAD BOY (and occasionally, Fantastic Baby, it's too generic for me to enjoy though)

Bad Boy serves as a much-needed reminder that BIGBANG are, in fact, a Hip-Hop group. The lush urban midtempo knocks along with an organic, 90s’ Hip-Hop beat just completely got me hooked.

It revived the inner VIP in me,..

Archived