Vocal lessons.

Guest silentdreamer016

Guest silentdreamer016

who takes them?
i was just wondering, who here takes vocal lessons?

cause i've been looking through here in this section quite alot, and there are soooo many talented singers here!~

realli, u guys are realli good! :w00t:

so anyways, does anyone actually take vocal lessons?

or did u just sing by urself?

Guest xACIDxHEADx

um, i just started takign voice lessons a month ago. mainly cuz i wanted to enter a music college, n its requirement to have at least 6 months worth of lessons to be able to apply. ^^

Guest Vaerie

I started taking them last August...and I still think I'm horrible, but at least now I can sing in the right key and my throat doesn't feel uber-fatigued after...

Perhaps tomorrow or Thursday I'll sing Utada's "Eternally" and post it along with the first clip I ever put up here (about 2 years ago)...I don't think I sound much like the same person anymore...

Guest dankyung

i had them... but i didn't like it. so i did it for like a monthn and im like screw this wat she's teaching me is wat i already taught myself... =.= so i stopped. but yea i t could be expensive

-sophia

Never took vocal lesson. My oldest sister kind of teaches me, since she records songs in the recording studio, and she's really talented in singing. But I still kind of suck with her help.

I wish my sister and brother let me take vocal lesson. I can't reach most of the high note in most songs, but in some I can.

*sigh* Im going to make that my new wish list, to take vocal lesson. :D

Guest VitaDolce*

I'm taking lessons ...

I'm going to have a practicum on june 15 ...

then the rest of the students will have a recital and will have a mall show ...

It really helped me a lot ...

If your really passionate about singing you should take lessons ;)

ARE vocal lessons expensive?

It really depends on the company you will go to ...

In my case ...

It is expensive .

but it will be worth it ...

since you know the company you are with is really good.

Guest appledapple

ARE vocal lessons expensive?

It does depend who you go to but also where you live and how many teachers/students are there (like in a music business hub like LA NYC or Nashville the good teachers can be 50-60 bucks at least an hr)...It's worth it for at least a little while, so you don't seriously screw up your voice...

Guest malmanea87

i took one two years ago for the summer. and yea; i personally dont think it helped much but probably cuz i only took it for like 2 months.

Guest Solly

i took this opera class thing a while back when i was like in 6th grade... for like less than a month. haha. didn't really do much anything except we had to freaking sing like the highest note that we could possibly sing almost everyday which killed my throat >0<;;;

i really want to take vocal lessons... but i don't have the time or the money >0<;;; i want to learn how to make your vibratto come naturally just by singing your tunes instead of having to force some of them -0-;;; errrgh

-S0LLY ^3^

Guest minazzang

I have a personal vocal teacher that i meet w/ 2x a week :)

I've learned a lot.. like how to breathe correctly, how to switch from my head voice to my chest voice, how to control my vibratto, and how to sing w/out straining my vocal chords. all in all.. totally worth it :]

where do you look for one? ehhh there's this place...but im not sure if its good -_-''....even though i live in NY i dont want to go all the way to NYC all the time and my parents wouldnt let me ;T. hahas....i really want to at least get a little better. i sound like a donkey. (:

Guest thesassygirl2

man i totally want voice lessons but i have no time whatsoever.

my dad threw me really really vague hints sometimes.. cuz he's really good at singing and playing instruments.. but i just figured most stuff on my own.. but i still want a teacher for professional help

Guest VitaDolce*

TIP :

Once you have enrolled in voice lessons ...

keep in mind that your teacher will only help you

improve your singing ...

You should be very focused and always practise what your teacher

tells you .

It doesn't not mean that the other members says here ...

that they didn't learn or improve much ... it will happen to you .

Strive hard ... coach/teachers/mentors are only there to guide you ;)

Guest Totally_Hottness

I never took voice lessons... I only practice with my sisters or sometime in my room and when I'm in the room alone by myself!! I'm taking voice lessons soon though!! Hopefully I can improve my self... more and more!!

Unfortunately, I don't have the option to sing in my house if I don't get voice lessons....which I really want. This is because my dad has a night job so basically I can't sing when I get home because he has to sleep. ....And if I DO get the time, well...there's my younger sister who tells me to shut up all the time because I'm distracting her. It doesn't help that I don't have a great voice. I can understand why she would want me to stop singing because it's so irritating, but if I can't practice singing in my own ROOM in my own HOUSE how can I try to get better? You can't exactly sing during classes...This is why I want to see if I can get vocal lessons. I want professional help AND this will help me convince my parents and sister that I should be able to practice singing in my own house. :P.

Guest `faded

TIP :

Once you have enrolled in voice lessons ...

keep in mind that your teacher will only help you

improve your singing ...

You should be very focused and always practise what your teacher

tells you .

It doesn't not mean that the other members says here ...

that they didn't learn or improve much ... it will happen to you .

Strive hard ... coach/teachers/mentors are only there to guide you ;)

^what she said XD..

I have a vocal teacher and it's pretty expensive..about $50 an hour..but she works extra hard for me..and doesn't ask me to pay for extra..I like her alot..I've been with her for almost 3 years now..I have learnt so much from her..she teaches alot of opera songs and stuff..and she helped me with my uni audition to get into voice performance..and I got in ^___^..

when you're looking for a teacher..you have to know if this teacher is right for you..if the vocal teacher starts to make you yell and work hard and strain your voice from the beginning..then she's just killing and hurting your vocal chords..find a teacher that starts of slow with you and then they will work you harder and harder as you progress..lots of practice too =)

Guest wenwen

i go with intuition more than lessons

i didn't get much out of a lesson cos i'm naturally already doing what the teacher is telling me so it's a waste of money.... but i guess most people would benefit.

but it's really logical stuff

like you work on getting the note right before trying to breathe properly and do other extra stuff. i dunno it seems really logical to me how to practise a song

I take vocal lessons right now...I had one today, actually. :D

I used to have this vocal teacher but she did not help me at all and did not teach me anything about technique and also picked really weird songs to sing.

This teacher is much better, though, and my voice has definitely been developing more. We work on classical stuff all the time (I guess my voice is more suited for it?) but she teaches Broadway and pop songs, too. It kind of makes me sad, because I love Broadway and pop, but classical is pretty awesome. Hehe.

So I guess the moral of the story is to make sure that the teacher is competent and will actually teach you.

Oh, and as for the cost, my teacher is $40 an hour and I have lessons once a week.

Archived