[2009 Spring Japan Drama] Boss

Guest luthien

Guest haruka_maple

I think Boss is a good drama, and I like it better than Mr. Brain...lol. I'm sad that it's ending so soon though....episode 10 really was a shocker. I was like omfg. lol. I can't wait till the last episode. :3

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm I dont like the BOSS woman though.. :sweatingbullets: Hahah maybe because she is a bit weird?;P

But still this serie is great, I love the science girl, she is so pretty;*

In ep 3 I guessed right!! :D HAhah from the start I was suspecting the girls.. She was a bit strange.. I was happy that my guessing came out right though..;*

Guest xingjing

Oh. My. God.

Who saw episode 10?!?!?! OMG what a twist. WHAT A TWIST. Though I'm a bit unhappy about who they made the twist as aka Nodate... why Nodate?! I love him except he's a bad guy....

I like BOSS better than Mr. Brain, too, for some reason. I think Boss's humor appeals to me more than Mr. Brain, which is pretty funny too. But Boss is a lot funnier. LOL.

I can not wait for the last episode. What an intense twist in the last two episodes... oh my.

EDIT: On the subject of Boss as a drama on the whole... yes, the characters aren't established very well, but I think Boss is more of a "fun" drama. And I'm a big mystery fan. I'm not watching it for huge substance [for that, I save for dramas like Aimini coopereru], but it's fun and catchy and stylish. That's Boss in a nutshell - looks glossy and shiny on the outside, is good for oggling at, but if you're looking for real substance, this is the wrong place to look.

The same goes for Mr. Brain. It's got a really flashy guest list, plus the cast of Ayase Haruka, KimuTaku, Mizushima Hiro... but a lot of that science is so bogus. It's still fun to watch.

Guest achoo

The biggest problem with this season detective series is the suspense factor. I've rather they focus on one bad guy from the beginning and gave us hints in between like Unfair and Gonzo rather than to have so many short storylines. The only good thing about BOSS is the confrontation between Eriko and the bad guys. Mr. Brain is just hopelessly bad. I look forward the last 2 episodes because of the twist in ep10. I just hope the finale would be spectacular.

Guest goodnessgracious

I don't usually like detective dramas, but this one is not bad. I like the team members ^_^ . The cast is impressive as well, I can't wait to see Yamada Takayuki and Shida Mirai (I am still waiting for the subs), cos I love them both.

Guest haruka_maple

Oh. My. God.

Who saw episode 10?!?!?! OMG what a twist. WHAT A TWIST. Though I'm a bit unhappy about who they made the twist as aka Nodate... why Nodate?! I love him except he's a bad guy....

I like BOSS better than Mr. Brain, too, for some reason. I think Boss's humor appeals to me more than Mr. Brain, which is pretty funny too. But Boss is a lot funnier. LOL.

I can not wait for the last episode. What an intense twist in the last two episodes... oh my.

EDIT: On the subject of Boss as a drama on the whole... yes, the characters aren't established very well, but I think Boss is more of a "fun" drama. And I'm a big mystery fan. I'm not watching it for huge substance [for that, I save for dramas like Aimini coopereru], but it's fun and catchy and stylish. That's Boss in a nutshell - looks glossy and shiny on the outside, is good for oggling at, but if you're looking for real substance, this is the wrong place to look.

The same goes for Mr. Brain. It's got a really flashy guest list, plus the cast of Ayase Haruka, KimuTaku, Mizushima Hiro... but a lot of that science is so bogus. It's still fun to watch.

haha. I agree. ^^;; but I couldn't care much for Nodate though...I felt like he was pretty useless in the drama other than being all flirty to the girls and mean to the guys (especially the old one. lol). haha. I guess the script writer finally came up with a way to use him in the drama. But I don't know if the romance between the boss and Hiroshi was really necessary...I guess we'll have to see how they'll resolve it in the end. :3

is there a Tamayama Tetsuji& Toda Erika affair in this drama... like romance etc..??

Nope, no romance at all.

Anyways I finally caught up!

I just watched up to Ep 10!

Hehehe, did a BOSS marathon in time for the final episode tomorrow night!

Lol, gotta agree that the characters aren't really developed...but it's still kinda fun to watch this drama!

Eriko is funny in some parts~ Gotta love Amami Yuki! :P

Some magazine scans (Congratulations BOSS! :) )

x43vap.jpg

nfjgh0.jpg

1fjlon.jpg

xnb4bd.jpg

2mezfog.jpg

2u4om1g.jpg

2921krn.jpg

10poh83.jpg

loving BOSS so far

quite funny to watch eriko, she's a good boss to have

haha i've been reading the summaries while waiting for the subbed episodes to come out ^^

sad that there is not a single romance connection between any of the characters though

just one more episode to go !

Guest haruka_maple

watched ep.11~ XDDD lol.

I knew it was going to happen. lol.

Nodate was innocent. The smirk sign he gave was some kind of secret code shared between him and Eriko. lol. The bad guy behind all of this was Yada. Also, Eriko pretty much ends her relationship with her boyfriend and tells him to not wait for her this time. She's leaving again to somewhere. But I have a feeling that there's going to another season or something because Takakura (the bad guy) says that they'll meet again VERY SOON. Also, the members are waiting for the boss to come back through the door and say her usual phrase.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much. XD

Guest jade_frost

watched ep.11~ XDDD lol.

I knew it was going to happen. lol.

Nodate was innocent. The smirk sign he gave was some kind of secret code shared between him and Eriko. lol. The bad guy behind all of this was Yada. Also, Eriko pretty much ends her relationship with her boyfriend and tells him to not wait for her this time. She's leaving again to somewhere. But I have a feeling that there's going to another season or something because Takakura (the bad guy) says that they'll meet again VERY SOON. Also, the members are waiting for the boss to come back through the door and say her usual phrase.

Overall, I enjoyed it very much. XD

Given the ratings Boss generated, I'm sure Fuji TV would love to bring them back for a new season. Feels a bit like Iryu where the main character comes and goes.

It's sad that Eriko gave up a relationship that she had had for so long but it's no surprise given how she reacted in Ep10. It doesn't really matter since we don't see much of her with her boyfriend and she and Nodate seem to share a more interesting relationship.

Guest xingjing

Aw, so sad that such an enjoyable drama ended. Screw character development - I liked that it was fun & enjoyable & hilarious. [Yamamu... LOL oh man.]

Did anyone catch the Rikon Bengoshi reference in episode 11? The Amami Yuki reference to herself in Rikon Bengoshi? LOL. Hilarious.

BOSS will be missed.

Did anyone catch the Rikon Bengoshi reference in episode 11? The Amami Yuki reference to herself in Rikon Bengoshi? LOL. Hilarious.

Hahaha YES! That part was very funny!! :lol:

Yeah, I think there will be another season...

o man i really need to do some catching up then from the looks of all these comments. *sigh* i've been missing out on Tetsuji a lot lately so this should freshen everything up.

Archived