[2009 Spring Japan Drama] Boss

Guest luthien

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiningstar153

^^ Now I remember where I saw Erika and Tetsuji together! Ushi Ni Negai wo: Love and Farm!

Now I'm rooting for them~ They would be cute together, yes?

Guest luthien

^ it would leave them two if Mizobata's character is indeed after Kichise's... but for awhile, I entertained the thought of Shinjiro-Eriko-Takuma triangle.

jade_frost: I don't think it was just Shinjiro taking drunk Eriko home. I guess more than just friends but not yet lovers? or is this just the casual intimacy? Thanks for posting the bigger pictures..t here was a teeny tiny one in the officialwebsite.. but this one is a whole lot better! :D

Guest jade_frost

Lately I've been giving gekku a shot and sticking to it till the end. Abe's drama is another title I'm anticipating. It's Abe's reunion with screenwriter Ozaki Masaya, Kekkon Dekinai Otoko & At Home Dad were my favorite home dramas. Have you seen Abe in Tenchijin? I'm not used to taking him seriously but he has a very strong presence as Kenshin. I watched him in Yasha and Y o s h i t s u n e, but it doesn't come close to his serious role in Tenchijin. So I'm kinda looking forward if Shiroi Haru will be heavy drama instead of light-hearted one that's usually mixed with subtle humor just as his other home dramas.

When it comes to dramas, I really want to give each one a shot... I'd know by watching a few episodes if it's worthy to continue on or not. Synopsis usually don't appeal much to me. But I give more weight now on the production team as well as casting. Love Shuffle is a good example. It carries popular names for its cast, although I'm still iffy about certain acting there.. Fortunately the flow and style of the drama works for, surprisingly, the awkward-ness in some cast's acting... and it did work well. I was originally drawn to it because it's Nojima Shinji writing the script. And just as expected, it did not fail to disappoint.. made me laugh, cry, angry.. it was a touching piece... And the ratings is the total opposite of the quality of the drama.:angry: I hope this won't happen to Boss.

I'm going to follow Shiroi Haru too. If anything, it will be for Abe Hiroshi. He's finally gained recognition after being made to play insignificant and sometimes ridiculous roles for years. But my most anticipated drama for the season is Rinjo. Uchino Masaaki was a revelation in Gonzo and he's certainly going to bring that same intensity to his character. Boss has a beautiful cast and expectations are for it to be one of the top dramas for the season. Hopefully it delivers with a sizzling script. I've never fancied Nakai's acting and the last few getsu-kus weren't enough to tempt me to take the plunge. I barely watched much last season and those I watched just made me want to tear my hair out. You're totally right that the synopsis is never a good gauge of what a drama will eventually evolve as the episodes progress.

Usually, even if he's a player.. for his type of character, there is always a special someone. Since he supports Eriko well, maybe they have never taken a step further than just either being friends or casual intimacy. Even if they do try, I'd still bet that they won't progress anywhere in the end though. I'm more curious about that shot with Mizobata and Kichise. :D Are they making it look like he's interested in her? But she's too much for him to handle?

I've always wondered who Mizobata is. There were too many ikemen in HanaKimi that I never got a chance to notice him there... but then, I didn't even finish that drama.

Oh my only big grouse must be the casting of Kichise in Boss. That woman acts like she's strutting through a TV commerical if her delivery of her role can even be called acting. She's been in bit parts but has lately received meatier roles. Ugh. Heh.

I'm fond of Tamayama but I don't think there will be lots of pairings or any at all in the drama since the scriptwriter's previous works have focused on work and never quite woven relationships into the story. I was for a moment when watching Rikon Bengoshi I led to think that the characters Yuki and Yutaka played were more than friends since they were so comfortable with each other and he "sacrificed" himself for her sake.

jade_frost: I don't think it was just Shinjiro taking drunk Eriko home. I guess more than just friends but not yet lovers? or is this just the casual intimacy? Thanks for posting the bigger pictures..t here was a teeny tiny one in the officialwebsite.. but this one is a whole lot better! :D

Haha welcome. I reckon that they're platonic friends. Until that scene came along? Heh or it could just be very creative storytelling and photography on the part of the production crew to pique our interests that things aren't that cliche after all. :P I'm wondering at the original description of Eriko being lousy with men. Whether Shinjiro is toying with her or truly interested in her, well ... where's she lousy at?

It appears that Nodate will be putting his career on the line with this new unit. It won't just be Eriko's failure if things don't take off but his too since he was the person who spearheaded the establishment of the unit and the selection of Eriko to lead the team.

If you wish to be spoiled (not for that scene at least), I've just done the trailer synopsis on the blog.

Guest jade_frost

Well we have our answer on that fateful bed scene. I haven't managed to watch the drama yet though. Internet speed is too slow!

Eriko got drunk after consuming 3 bottles of shochu upon her return to Japan and Shinjiro brought her home to his apartment. He took off her clothes and gave her his bed to sleep in. And he was so unapologetic about it when he told her what happened the next morning. Hah. Although it's kind of funny reading what he says. How gallant!

Guest luthien

^^LOL on fateful bedscene. They went over it rather quickly didn't they?

Hahahaha... as expected she did get drunk. Why in the world did he take her clothes off? Did she vomit all over herself or something? Predictable but funny.. i hope it'll be funnier when I watch it with subs. Their style of shooting the scenes (dunno the term), it's fast and continuously change angles (especially getting close-ups).. definitely superior than usual jdramas. but i'm not sure if i'll get used to it or if i'll continue to like it. i feel like i'll be out of breath by the end of the episode! :lol: i really wanna watch it properly with subs... One thing I'm sure of, I'm loving Yutaka :wub:

Guest jade_frost

I finally watched Ep1. Boss is flashy. Kendo Kobayashi is so loud even when he's not saying anything and the dysfunctional team members don't interest me. I guess the only concession is Tamayama Tetsuji's Katagiri Takuma who makes me a little curious. That said, Amami Yuki was good. But isn't it a bit unfair that her character gets insulted twice in the space of an episode? First by the ME who asked if she was Hanagata Ippei's mother and then by the criminal who called her flat chested.

The case wasn't particularly interesting and didn't quite seem to build up the tension though I enjoyed interrogation when Eriko manipulated the criminal.

I got the dialogue between Eriko and Nodate at the beginning wrong. Heh that happens when one doesn't know who is saying what. This is what happened:

Eriko: Where is this? Who am I?

Shinjiro: This is my house. You're Osawa Eriko, 40. A single among the singles!

Eriko: That's right.

Shinjiro: You're starting work today, aren't you? Please give me your guidance.

Eriko: What about yesterday?

Shinjiro: You had 3 shochus and 1.8l of sake ... I'll tell you one thing.

Eriko: What?

Shinjiro: Don't vomit now that you're 40. I just bought this computer.

Eriko: I'm sorry. I haven't been in Japan for 5 years so I ... Erm ... and this condition I'm in ... ?

Shinjiro: I undressed you.

Eriko: What!?

Shinjiro: Don't worry. I had a good look. A ghastly look.

Shinjiro: Don't worry about it. I won't take it to heart either. I've already forgotten about it.

Eriko: What do you mean by that?

Shinjiro: I'm kidding. You undressed yourself and snatched my bed. So I ended up over there. Your behaviour after you get drunk hasn't changed.

Eriko: Sorry.

Shinjiro: That aside, I've somehow covered up your fiasco. Do whatever it takes to succeed in that organisation. Your back is already against the wall.

Eriko: I know.

Shinjiro: It's a critical point.

Eriko: Yes.

Shinjiro: You want to die?

Shinjiro: You're stale.

Eriko: That's enough.

Shinjiro: Moreover ... your success will further my career.

Eriko: You're still as self-centred as ever.

Shinjiro: It isn't easy dealing with those at the top and bottom.

Eriko: I'll definitely deliver results.

The man in Eriko's life is apparently someone called Ikegami Hiroshi. It seems that she gave up her career for him or maybe not ... What could possibly constitute a scandal that would have blemished a career in the police force?

That said, Amami Yuki was good. But isn't it a bit unfair that her character gets insulted twice in the space of an episode? First by the ME who asked if she was Hanagata Ippei's mother and then by the criminal who called her flat chested.

Hahaha...the part where the criminal said Eriko has a flat chest was funny~ :lol:

dxye6x.jpg

2a5bt3m.jpg

1z1gw93.jpg

Oh yeah...I also want to know more about Katagiri Takuma...

2w7pmz7.jpg

e9ylie.jpg

2el60jr.jpg

Yep, I agree Amami Yuki did well as Eriko~

33f9shx.jpg

Some Kimoto Mami gifs ^^ :blush:

n3w2g6.jpg

rjkxlj.jpg

14bkih4.jpg

34dplpe.jpg

ndrj84.jpg

qxmp78.jpg

Episode 2 tonight!

Guest jade_frost

Someone complained and expressed dissatisfaction that Nodate's appearance in Ep2 was minimal with just some brief scenes. Perhaps as we had feared given the large cast.

Ah can someone answer me about is this drama subbed and is it out online??

I wants to watch it online and tried several times to google it up, but the only thing that came up was "my boss my hero" lol=P I sure want to watch this;D so if anyone know or have seen this drama for online watching movies please tell me nee^^

arigatou;D

Ah can someone answer me about is this drama subbed and is it out online??

I wants to watch it online and tried several times to google it up, but the only thing that came up was "my boss my hero" lol=P I sure want to watch this;D so if anyone know or have seen this drama for online watching movies please tell me nee^^

arigatou;D

As of right now, there are no subs for this drama yet. There are two groups that are doing hard subs for this which are: Haruspex & TimeLesSub

They are still working on it so there probably won't be any subs probably until next week or so. The subbers has alot of project on their hands so they probably won't sub it quickly so please be patient. The only thing that is online are raw episodes with no subs yet.

wow, this drama seems interesting. why are there so many great spring dramas out? O__O LMAO!

I will def watch this, reading the summaries of each character makes me want to watch it even more

i guess ill go download it raw first. (: thanks for the screencap of episode one.

Guest luthien

^Thanks for the caps :D

Whoa.. it's pretty quiet here. I suppose it's the lack of subtitles that disables us from being more active in this thread. I'm not complaining as I know there are a lot of enticing titles out this spring. I'd rather wait and get quality subs to go with HQ vids. Kinda surprised no is subbing this drama over at viikii.net. That site is a compromise of both worlds it seems. Fansubbing thru streams, making it easier for potential contributors to chip in, allowing faster releases. From what I understand, they do sub the dramas themselves? Unlike other well-known streams where they rely on floating vids done by fansubbers (who didn't want those vids uploaded in the first place).

Oh my only big grouse must be the casting of Kichise in Boss. That woman acts like she's strutting through a TV commerical if her delivery of her role can even be called acting. She's been in bit parts but has lately received meatier roles. Ugh. Heh.

I really don't mind her being casted. When I watched Bloody Monday, she looked so familiar but I couldn't remember from which drama! Only later on did I realize she's "gaijin" manager of Strezeman in Nodame Cantabile. :D I thought she was good in Blood Monday. I notice the strutting :lol:, but maybe her character fit her personality and acting in that drama. Whatever it was, whenever her character is on-screen, I sense tension and I actually fear her presence (since I don't knkow exactly what she's gonna do next)

I'm fond of Tamayama but I don't think there will be lots of pairings or any at all in the drama since the scriptwriter's previous works have focused on work and never quite woven relationships into the story.

Although I accepted that fact already, I'm still kinda bummed out that there's no romance among such gorgeous cast. Okay okay.. after reading that spoiler, I wanna watch Rikon Bengoshi now! It might be quite a wait till subs are out anyway.

Btw, thanks for the episode synopsis. It's very helpful and does relieve the agony of waiting for the episode to finally come out. I don't think I'll be spoiled much with this type of drama. Each episode has its own dilemma which will be resolved some 30 minutes later. Maybe in the later episodes where they would start to connect the last three episodes together, I may have to resist reading the synopsis in your blog. :P

SPOILER in the next paragraphs

I finally watched Ep1. Boss is flashy. Kendo Kobayashi is so loud even when he's not saying anything and the dysfunctional team members don't interest me. I guess the only concession is Tamayama Tetsuji's Katagiri Takuma who makes me a little curious. That said, Amami Yuki was good. But isn't it a bit unfair that her character gets insulted twice in the space of an episode? First by the ME who asked if she was Hanagata Ippei's mother and then by the criminal who called her flat chested.

The fast moving camera makes me dizzy at times! Maybe I need to get my eyes checked? There was this part where Kendo was interrogating the criminal and he looks like he was kissing the dude? or was he licking that guy's face? No wonder he got kicked out and dumped into the new department.

I think they overdid the part where they mentioned she's Ippei's mother. Oh come on, she doesn't look "that" old. If she has a son his age, then she's one sexy momma! I still think they had to do that to emphasize not only her age, but that her age is catching up on her, and it's catching up really fast.

The case wasn't particularly interesting and didn't quite seem to build up the tension though I enjoyed interrogation when Eriko manipulated the criminal.

Does it mean it's kinda disappointing overall? :blink: I'm just wondering if I'll be disappointed like you. Usually I don't expect much just reading that kind of synopsis/storyline. Only watching it with the sole motivation of seeing my favorite actors/actresses on screen. But after paying more attention to screenwriter's previous works, I've raised my hope up quite a bit more than necessary. I still hope I'll like it....

I got the dialogue between Eriko and Nodate at the beginning wrong. Heh that happens when one doesn't know who is saying what. This is what happened:

Eriko: Where is this? Who am I?

Shinjiro: This is my house. You're Osawa Eriko, 40. A single among the singles!

Eriko: That's right.

Shinjiro: You're starting work today, aren't you? Please give me your guidance.

Eriko: What about yesterday?

Shinjiro: You had 3 shochus and 1.8l of sake ... I'll tell you one thing.

Eriko: What?

Shinjiro: Don't vomit now that you're 40. I just bought this computer.

Eriko: I'm sorry. I haven't been in Japan for 5 years so I ... Erm ... and this condition I'm in ... ?

Shinjiro: I undressed you.

Shinjiro: Don't worry. I had a good look. A ghastly look.

Shinjiro: Don't worry about it. I won't take it to heart either. I've already forgotten about it.

Eriko: What do you mean by that?

Shinjiro: I'm kidding. You undressed yourself and snatched my bed. So I ended up over there. Your behaviour after you get drunk hasn't changed.

Eriko: Sorry.

Shinjiro: That aside, I've somehow covered up your fiasco. Do whatever it takes to succeed in that organisation. Your back is already against the wall.

Eriko: I know.

Shinjiro: It's a critical point.

Shinjiro: You want to die?

Shinjiro: You're stale.

Eriko: That's enough.

Shinjiro: Moreover ... your success will further my career.

Eriko: You're still as self-centred as ever.

Shinjiro: It isn't easy dealing with those at the top and bottom.

Eriko: I'll definitely deliver results.

The man in Eriko's life is apparently someone called Ikegami Hiroshi. It seems that she gave up her career for him or maybe not ... What could possibly constitute a scandal that would have blemished a career in the police force?

Pre-dic-ta-ble..Nevertheless, it was funny how that scene went. I watched it raw though, so I only based it on facial expressions and acting.... especially the undressing part of the convo :lol: "ghastly sight" => I wanna convince myself that he didn't really mean what he said by a "ghastly sight."

Hahaha...the part where the criminal said Eriko has a flat chest was funny~ :lol:

http://i43.tinypic.com/dxye6x.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2a5bt3m.jpg

:lol: hahhaa.. those are nice GIFs.. thanks for sharing them here. I love how she showed off her chest here. Yes, definitely pissed but no reason to hide it!

Just like to remind others who watch this drama raw, Jade_Frost of http://jdramas.wordpress.com/ is doing Episode Synopsis. Right now she's on ep 3.

Jade_Frost, thanks dear for doing synopsis. It's very helpful for us who don't understand Japanese and have absolutely no clue what's going on. I really really appreciate your effort, though I haven't watched episode 2 yet. Maybe I'm putting too much faith in the drama, but I don't wanna spoil myself and wanna be surprised. I can't wait to discuss this drama more with you and everyone else!

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

I really can't wait 4 da subbing theme 2 subbed this drama....Luv Tetsuji & Erika together.... B)

Archived