[soompi Contest] 2009 Soompi Duet Contest

Guest cellobello

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mayholic

@cellobello; You say you can't quit, but you can be disqualified? The consequences are the same and I honestly do not give a flying poop.

I've read the first post many times. You don't need to lecture me on your 'rules'.

Guest vocalxiah

I have a point here.

Let's say there's a Malaysian person that wants to sing a Malaysian song.

But then she/he gets eliminated in 4th round.

She or he never got to sing Malaysian although she or he wanted to.

That's not fair, is it? :l

I LOVE JOOTY ♥

Guest cellobello
@cellobello; You say you can't quit, but you can be disqualified? The consequences are the same and I honestly do not give a flying poop.

I've read the first post many times. You don't need to lecture me on your 'rules'.

XD i didnt mean it that way.

i made a change in the rules about the language thing about how every round a new language will be added

well, whatever oO... guess we can't agree on something so i see no point on keeping with this.

we will somehow find our way out of our problem. We can do originals, can we?

Guest cellobello
well, whatever oO... guess we can't agree on something so i see no point on keeping with this.

we will somehow find our way out of our problem. We can do originals, can we?

yes originals are allowed

I have a point here.

Let's say there's a Malaysian person that wants to sing a Malaysian song.

But then she/he gets eliminated in 4th round.

She or he never got to sing Malaysian although she or he wanted to.

That's not fair, is it? :l

I LOVE JOOTY ♥

i really have no solution that can solve that problem.

im sorry for that group or groups that such a thing happen to,

but as the competition goes on, another language is added

im trying to add the dominant song genres on soompi first.

2nd is japanese, 3rd is chinese, 4th is etc,

please try to understand why it goes that way, maybe i could change the order

but there are many hmong people on soompi, so i will have that 4th

and filipino and malaysian will be together maybe..

Guest mayholic

Although there might be Cambodians on this forum, the chances that they want to sing in Cambodian are pretty slim. There's no need to put in languages that aren't majorly represented in Soompi, like Tagalog. How many Tagalog artists do you see represented on Soompi? Honestly.

I say just stick to basic Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and English.

I can work my way around the language barrier, maybe, but what I'm really bugged about is the theme thing, since the word itself is misrepresented. I hold to my view that a genre is not a theme.

Guest c'erine
LET'S LOVE ♥

yes, lets

otherwise, suck it up ppl and just have fun

it's not like we're winning millions of dollars

and record labels out of this competition

i don't think that this is about taking a challenge or not oO I WANT TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE but the limits are choking us not even allowing us to take the d*mn challenge. At least i know i'm not the only one feeling like that.

xDDD dunno how to explain it anymore but the same as people is doing songs that aren't even hiphop for the first theme i think limits should loosen up a bit this time around too.

yes originals are allowed

i really have no solution that can solve that problem.

im sorry for that group or groups that such a thing happen to,

but as the competition goes on, another language is added

im trying to add the dominant song genres on soompi first.

2nd is japanese, 3rd is chinese, 4th is etc,

please try to understand why it goes that way, maybe i could change the order

but there are many hmong people on soompi, so i will have that 4th

and filipino and malaysian will be together maybe..

add the languages for this round then

Guest mayholic
yes, lets

otherwise, suck it up ppl and just have fun

it's not like we're winning millions of dollars

and record labels out of this competition

Maybe we aren't, but with me only being able to sing in English (I absolutely cannot sing in Korean), I feel like I'm dying from lack of choices. Just because I listen to Korean music doesn't mean I can sing it.

This definitely doesn't make it fun.

Guest cellobello
Although there might be Cambodians on this forum, the chances that they want to sing in Cambodian are pretty slim. There's no need to put in languages that aren't majorly represented in Soompi, like Tagalog. How many Tagalog artists do you see represented on Soompi? Honestly.

I say just stick to basic Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and English.

I can work my way around the language barrier, maybe, but what I'm really bugged about is the theme thing, since the word itself is misrepresented. I hold to my view that a genre is not a theme.

sorry if i gave any misunderstandings ^.^

im aware of the theme "general pop" is a bit too vague.

im just going to keep with the original theme then.

HAPPY/CUTE THEME

it seems there are more people for a challenge than general pop.

sorrry if i am too confusing, its like 3 in the morning where i am right now..

i will update the first post about the theme

and will leave after that.

good nite soompi, have fun with Bubble gum pop

remember: loopholes

Guest andie_x

mayholic:

maybe you shouldn't have signed up for this competition on the first place.

a lot of people here don't speak any korean at all but still try & sing it. there are romanized lyrics avaliable for most songs and if not you can always request for help.

Guest mayholic

@andie_x; Sure, I do sing in korean.. in private. For practice.

I can try as hard as I want, but who ever said it would sound good? Not being able to understand what I'm saying (yes, I realize there are translations but not knowing what each individual word means means that I won't be able to know which word to stress/unstress) makes for less emotion overall, detracting from what could be a much better performance in a language I could speak.

I've already said I don't much mind about the languages, but more of the "theme" issue.

A GENRE IS NOT A THEME. PERIOD.

I have a feeling some of us here need to go grab a dictionary.

okay.

1. Theme - I think you misunderstood. The point mayholic is making is that a genre (hip hop, bubble gum pop, general pop, trot, etc.) IS NOT A THEME. A theme is like "cheating" - so we have to find a song that has to do with "cheating" or "heart" and we have to find a song that has to do with heart or is titled heart, etc. etc.

2. Language - Honestly, people should just suck it up. No one cares (except a few koreans) if you mispronounce something. Honestly, when you signed up for the thing, it said "KOREAN AND ENGLISH" ONLY. Also, I'm aware this isn't a korean forum anymore. But majority of the people are korean music fans. That's why there's a 'korean music' and 'other music' forum - not 'korean music', 'chinese music', 'japanese music', etc. In addition, since most of the people are korean music fans, the listeners want to listen to korean music! I understand if japanese songs by KOREAN artists are allowed because that is still within the realm of Soompi, like I've said. But to change this NOW is not reasonable.

3. The Second Theme - I feel bad for people (or partners) who really have trouble singing bubble gum pop, but I mean this IS for fun. If you lose, if it fails, then just let it go. No one will think you are less talented because you can't sing bubble gum pop. It just shows that you aren't versatile, so you aren't suited for this contest. Like dailypanda! says: "If it fails, it fails".

SO LET'S LOVE ♥

Guest cellobello

No need for direct bashing...

please this is for fun

i added the languages of japanese, chinese, korean, english, and hmong to the list.

and for those who do not the theme, pick any song that you think is pop.

its not like im gonna vote. i do not controll people's votes.

it depends on whether they think what bubble gum pop is not me.

jzsun: you may sing taegoon or ajoo if you would like

mayholic: please dont quit. T.T, i added the languages you and some other people suggested

maybe i should rename the theme then to what i meant.

HAPPY/CUTE THEME

Archived