[동방신기] Dbsk, Tvxq, Thsk Official Thread 4

Guest Ringy

Guest lovejae

Question: Who in your family is most understanding as to why you like DBSK or someone you can talk to about them?

Wow, you guys are so lucky to have your family approved to your Dongbang love. I get scold everyday to spend so much time on my computer LOL, my parents don't even remember their name just call them 'those Korean guys' LOL. My older brother does know a little about them coz I use his credit card to buy DBSK stuffs ^^. The only one that I can really talk to about them is my buddy (she is a Jae fan too ^_^).

Tokyo Dome is only 3 days left, I'm soooo nervous!! Wish them all the best of best!

Tohoshinki fighto fighto!! :lol:

edit: yay they got 94k in the first day :w00t::w00t: so proud of you guys ~ keep going!!!

• Replies 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cerci

A Question for U.S. Fans...

I'm a relatively new fan of dbsk, but I'd like to support the boys by buying some of their stuff from chart-friendly websites. However, instead of just buying the CD versions of some of their songs like Stand by U, I would like to purchase the CD/DVD versions (you know, that come with the music video etc). It seems like these DVDs only play in Japan, the Middle East, and Europe though. Does that mean that U.S. fans are just out of luck? This question has been plaguing me ever since I decided to buy the All About DBSK 3 DVD set as well, but realized that my location may be a hindrance to watching it.

Also, the Please Be Mine storybook- what exactly is this? I'm having trouble figuring out if this is mainly interviews or if its photos, or something else. As someone who mainly just speaks English, I'm trying to decide if its worth buying. If its 95% photos, I'm all for it ^^. But if its pretty much just a bunch of interviews in Korean/Japanese then I'm going to pass.

I'm just trying to decide how best to spend my money. I don't want to waste it on DVDs that I cant even watch/books I can't read etc., when I could spend my money buying some of their just plain CDs/posters. Thank you so much for the help!!!

Guest linhkawaii

I don't think this has been shared yet :)

Tohoshinki Interview on Oricon website - July 1st

photo01.jpgphoto02.jpg

Close Up

Q1: What do you want to do in your off time?

JS: Yoochun seems to like to travel; I myself also want to travel somewhere too! I want to go to the ocean.

YC: I want to travel somewhere~. Since Junsu wants to go to the ocean, uhm… I’ll choose to go to the desert then (laugh).

JJ: I want to go to Tokyo Dome. Even though we’re going to have a concert at Tokyo Dome this July, I’m never able to see my own concert (as in he wants to be in the audience); moreover, I want to go there for other events and not only concert. Like, a baseball match would be good too; I want to go to a Tokyo Dome that is full of people.

CM: I want to go to the forest or mountain or anywhere with nature. I want to go to those kinds of place to rest/heal myself.

YH: I want to come back to my parents’ house. Although it's not somewhere special, the place makes me feel very good. In front of my parents’ house there’s a park, and it is my favorite place to be. That’s why I want to go there.

Q2: Items that you want/have an eye on right now?

JS: For now I don’t have anything in mind particularly…

YC: I want a pirate ship. But since I know that it would be hard to get one, it doesn’t have to be a pirate ship, a ship is also fine. Then, I’ll sail the ship to the ocean and do things like eating there. (T/N: You just want to go to the ocean with Junsu, don’t you XD)

JJ: I want 2 iPods. For why I want 2, one is for me of course; the other one is to give to Yoochun for his birthday because I have to (laugh). But lately I don’t have time to go buy them. (T/N: Jae thinks 5 iPods are still not enough for him… :S)

CM: Isn’t there a thing you use to cover your eyes on the plane? Eye mask? Yes that one. If I have it it’ll be dark so I will be able to sleep.

YH: Snowboard. I want to go snowboarding when winter comes. I always rented them but haven’t owned one. So this time I want to own one for myself. (T/N: You can borrow from Yoochun from TFPII LOL)

Q3: Thing that makes you feel touched lately?

JS: I got hurt recently. For that reason I couldn’t dance at the concert, but even so the fans at the concert were watching over me with gentle smiles. I was really touched; the smiles have become my strength.

YC: It’s pretty recent, but for my birthday, everyone was celebrating it for me. Everyone went to a bar, and the moment that the clock passed 12, they said “Congratulations!” to me. I was really touched by that.

JJ: Right now, I’m playing a game, and in that game, there’s someone playing a character using me as the model. Within that server, only 0.1% of the population is stronger than my character. It’s an Internet game, so there are a lot people playing it. That makes me feel very touched and happy. From now on I’ll also try my best.

CM: I got touched while watching anime “ONE PIECE”. The storyline is very good, and I really love it. That’s why it’s very popular in Korea too.

YC: Whenever 5 of use were doing greetings on stage and I saw the faces of fans, I got touched. I realized that a lot of people have come to see us. That’s why, I’ll also do my best, and from now on, I want to keep having that feeling of being touched.

photo03.jpgphoto04.jpg

Long Interview

Q: “Stand by U” is a very sad ballad, isn’t it?

YH: When I first listened to it, I felt that it was somewhat similar to our previous song “Doushi te Kimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimattan Darou?”. But this song is certainly more realistic than “Doushi te Kimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimattan Darou?”. I think that everyone, including us, has once experienced a love like that of the song.

JJ: Right. Even if it’s not totally the same, there must be a part in the lyrics that applies to each person. I myself have experienced that kind of thing, so it was easy for me to put my emotion into the song.

CM: I also sympathize with this song. That’s why when we sing it; I can naturally put my emotion into the song. I think many people would experience same thing as the person in the song, that’s why I believe that it would reach the hearts of a lot of people.

YC: In fact, we are singing this song on the tour, and when we sing it, the fans also seem to be able to feel the song. When “Stand by U” starts, everyone enters their own world. We never had a song like this before, so it brings a very fresh feeling too.

JS: Moreover, with this song, it’s not like we sing it with a loud voice or sing it with a climax; from the beginning until the end of the song, we sing it very ‘quietly’. We haven’t really sung a song this way before, so I also think that it brings a very new feeling to us.

Q: Right, this song is very hard to sing. However, I think that if one listens to it carefully, they would be able to feel the song.

JJ: That would be good. Because when we sang it quietly, it was hard to express the emotion, there were a lot of words in the song, and the pronunciation was also hard. But when we got used to it we were able to sing it with emotion; moreover, it was like a new challenge to it, so when we achieved it, it made us happy too.

Q: This song ends with a lot of regrets, as for you, is there anything that makes you regret?

JJ: Just now. Today, I didn’t get to eat breakfast so I felt very hungry. That’s why I wasn’t able to wait for my manager to by lunch boxes for us and I went ahead and ate cold Chinese noodles. Then I saw that the lunch boxes were so delicious, arghhhhh, I wish that I hadn’t eaten the noodles.

JS: Such a small regret (laugh).

YC: But I don’t really have that kind of big regret either. Because if there are things that make me feel regretful, I would not drag them along with me. I’m the type of person who faces ahead and thinks about the future.

Q: That is very good.

YH: Sure, I think we are all like that. Aside from Jaejoong’s tiny regret (laugh), we don’t really have any regret with our work/what we have done.

CM: Since we’re all human beings, I think there are times that we feel regretful. But I never think about doing things to fix it. Instead, I will think of how to not make the mistake that makes me regret once again.

JS: If we do that, I believe we’ll be able to grow more.

Q: “Stand by U” is a very sad song, but “Tea for Two”, on the other hand, is a very sweet one. It is so sweet that when you listen to it, you would feel shy (laugh).

YH: It really is a very sweet song about an ideal couple. I’m very jealous. Right now I’m very lonely, so I wish that someday I would be able to experience a sweet love like that. (T/N: You already have more than what you wish for XD)

JS: But if things are so perfectly happy like that, aren’t there things that also make you feel uneasy? Therefore, only after I overcome the uneasiness would I stay happy ever after. That’s the feeling I put into this song.

Q: What uneasy thing should be overcome?

YC: Cooking (laugh). The girl in the song was reading the recipe while trying her best at cooking. I think it’s a very important thing.

photo05.jpg

Translated by linhkawaii @ livejournal.

The whole interview, interview video and more pictures can be found here.

Guest chammerruu

A Question for U.S. Fans...

I'm a relatively new fan of dbsk, but I'd like to support the boys by buying some of their stuff from chart-friendly websites. However, instead of just buying the CD versions of some of their songs like Stand by U, I would like to purchase the CD/DVD versions (you know, that come with the music video etc). It seems like these DVDs only play in Japan, the Middle East, and Europe though. Does that mean that U.S. fans are just out of luck? This question has been plaguing me ever since I decided to buy the All About DBSK 3 DVD set as well, but realized that my location may be a hindrance to watching it.

Also, the Please Be Mine storybook- what exactly is this? I'm having trouble figuring out if this is mainly interviews or if its photos, or something else. As someone who mainly just speaks English, I'm trying to decide if its worth buying. If its 95% photos, I'm all for it ^^. But if its pretty much just a bunch of interviews in Korean/Japanese then I'm going to pass.

I'm just trying to decide how best to spend my money. I don't want to waste it on DVDs that I cant even watch/books I can't read etc., when I could spend my money buying some of their just plain CDs/posters. Thank you so much for the help!!!

No, all those DVDs play well in America. I don't really get what you're talking about but I purchased tons of DBSK stuff and it works and I live in California. AADBSK3 will work trust me. I'm actually going to preorder that one too however I'll preorder the Korean version because it's not only cheaper but it has English subs...well that's how AADBSK2 was. Please Be Mine Storybook is ALL pictures. They took those pictures in Saipan. Buying their albums are always the best because it helps their sales. :D I have almost all their albums just missing 2 or 3. I love collecting DBSK stuff :D

Guest lolly88

ORICON Single 1/7/09

1 135,053 Everything JST 09/7/1

2 94,838 Stand by U RZN 09/7/1

東方神起

3 13,446 暑中お見舞い申し上げます ZET 09/7/1

℃-ute

4 - MW~Dear Mr.& Ms.ピカレスク~/夏Dive ASI 09/7/1

flumpool

5 - Flower DRS 09/7/1

GACKT

6 - たんぽぽ/海賊船/其の拳 SR 09/6/24

遊助

7 - Blue Moon PC 09/7/1

John-Hoon

8 - 涙サプライズ! K 09/6/24

AKB48

9 - Brave vibration MDP 09/7/1

土屋アンナ

10 - storia SER 09/7/1

Kalafina

11 - BACK ON MY FEET SR 09/7/1

ブンブンサテライツ

12 - 千年の独奏歌 LOD 09/7/1

風雅なおと

13 - 坂道の果てへ TYE 09/7/1

氷帝エタニティ

14 - 明日の記憶/Crazy Moon~キミ・ハ・ムテキ~ JST 09/5/27

15 - LOST ANGELS DRS 09/6/24

GACKT

16 - sad to say ASR 09/6/24

JASMINE

17 - MY HEAVEN UM 09/6/24

BIGBANG

18 - I WILL AOJ 09/7/1

AZU

19 - INTO YOU feat.SAY VIA 09/6/30

DS455

20 - 「けいおん!」イメージソング 秋山澪(Heart Goes Boom!!) PC 09/6/17

秋山澪(日笠陽子)

-- -- 41 29 27 29↓41 东方神起 「Share The World/ウィーアー!」

Album

38 东方神起 「The Secret Code」

DVD

11 东方神起 「3rd LIVE TOUR 2008 ~T~」

12 东方神起 「2nd LIVE TOUR 2007 ~Five in the Black~」

18 东方神起 「All About 东方神起 Season 2」

20 东方神起 「1st LIVE TOUR 2006 ~Heart, Mind, and Soul~」

For Reference Purpose

2009/04/21

Share the world 1st sales and ranking

1. 58,952 Share The World/ウィーアー! RZN 09/4/22 东方神起

Secret Code 1st day sales and ranking

2009/03/24

2 .82,891 The Secret Code RZN 09/3/25

东方神起

WOW OMG

this is A huge huge improvement as compared to their previous singles

Hopefully for the future singles to come,sales will maintain the same standards

CREDITS:BAIDU 直江伦子

Guest Cerci

No, all those DVDs play well in America. I don't really get what you're talking about but I purchased tons of DBSK stuff and it works and I live in California. AADBSK3 will work trust me. I'm actually going to preorder that one too however I'll preorder the Korean version because it's not only cheaper but it has English subs...well that's how AADBSK2 was. Please Be Mine Storybook is ALL pictures. They took those pictures in Saipan. Buying their albums are always the best because it helps their sales. :D I have almost all their albums just missing 2 or 3. I love collecting DBSK stuff :D

Wah, thanks so much for the quick reply! And yay, I'm so happy they seem to work. I was under the impression they wouldn't play because on CdJapans website it lists the dvd as being only for region 2 (which is japan, europe, and the middle east), with the US being considered as region 1.

And woah, Please Be Mine is all pictures?? Now I'm definitely buying it :P.

*runs off to buy Stand by U, Maze, and Secret Code and then do some preordering*

Thanks so much for your help! Hopefully my collection of DBSK stuff will be as good as yours some day soon :D

Guest shasha92

Hello everyone! My Gosh, it has been a long time since I wrote something in this thread. My last visited was on page 80. huh XD

Question: Who in your family is most understanding as to why you like DBSK or someone you can talk to about them?

i think my family have no problem with my crazy-ness on DBSK boys or other korean groups/bands.

they really open-minded. even my mom watched music bank on KBS World.

someone that i can talk about them? my younger sister. she fan of yunho.

but at school, i'm not really have someone to talk with. my friends not really listen kpop music.

maybe a little. but not really obsessed like me. XD heh

Guest TVXQ<3

ORICON Single 1/7/09

That's a massive improvement. If I remember it well, STW sold 60K on the 1st day right? Though they did not break 100K for the first day, I'm still happy for the boys. They even surpassed the 1st day sales of TSC which was 89K. This is great! They keep on improving with their sales. Omedetou gozaimasu!

Guest hidaka_yuushi

ahaha... I don't usually reply in this thread, but this question is really cute and I can't help but to share my thoughts^^

My parents are okay about them... but they will always try to pry me off from my computer since they said I'm too addicted about them. hahaha... but my mom like to comments on my desktop background (which always change periodically and it's always DBSK hahaha) that they are very cute and she even try to learn their name by heart. My dad said it's an improvement for me from liking anime figures to real people and although he doesn't really approve me being to addicted to them but he's okay with me buying their cds and photobooks and even watching their concert.

my baby brother... is also a fan whom I successfully converted. He loves Junsu, saying that he's damn hilarious. His girlfriend also loves DBSK, yunho... and she made friends with me through DBSK. hahaha... My brother likes to rummage through my collection to watch their new videos, esp the super funny variety shows, and he put many of their songs in his phone too!!! He likes summer dram, sky, hug and balloons. hahaha

my best friends: the one in singapore are the ones who actually converted me through an endless force feeding of DBSK stuff... (I started from hating them... they chose the wrong videos for me to watch, the way you are... their style there was just horrible, sorry. and quite sick of them since from the mirotic song, the line that my friend can sing was just 'under my skin'... and she kept singing that line for the whole week!!! ) but thanks to my friends for my current obsession on DBSK though!!!

those in Indonesia were only recently converted after watching dangerous love!!! hahaha... they are yaoi lover so I figured they would love to see 2 hot and cute guys in action... and they instantly fell in love with them... and they also love their songs too right now^^!!!

lastly: my boyfriend. hahaha.. I just realise that I am actually surrounded by DBSK fans... hahaha my boyfriend likes their songs thanks to his older sister (the same case as my younger brother) and we got close was actually thanks to his interest in DBSK too!!!

yups... so that's it... basically everybody around me supported my love for DBSK... even my grandma sumtimes will comment on how cute they are. hahaha

^^OMG. Congrats THSK for number 2 with sales of 94K+!! *O* The sales is awesome for the first day!

Just a bit more and it'll hit 100K! Which they definitely have no problem hitting soon! :D

So proud of them! <3

Guest min_60

ORICON Single 1/7/09

東方神起

For Reference Purpose

2009/04/21

2009/03/24

东方神起

WOWOWOWOW

They sold so much in comparison to their previous album and single. Hopefully it hits 100k soon enough.

Congrats to the boys!

Guest badstar

QUICK REMINDER:

The Tokyo Dome Banner has two images, so if you have another banner on your signature, you might want to remove it because we're only allowed to have 2 banners.

Guest afterglow.

ORICON Single 1/7/09

1 135,053 Everything JST 09/7/1

東方神起

3 13,446 暑中お見舞い申し上げます ZET 09/7/1

℃-ute

For Reference Purpose

2009/04/21

2009/03/24

东方神起

WOW OMG

this is A huge huge improvement as compared to their previous singles

Hopefully for the future singles to come,sales will maintain the same standards

HOLY TOHOSHINKI. :blink::blink::o:o:o:o

that is massive. omg. i can't believe it. lol. that's awesome.

they'll hit 100k tomorrow for sure. CONGRATS! i stayed up just for this. i'm so happy for them. =D

Wah, thanks so much for the quick reply! And yay, I'm so happy they seem to work. I was under the impression they wouldn't play because on CdJapans website it lists the dvd as being only for region 2 (which is japan, europe, and the middle east), with the US being considered as region 1.

Actually, it depends on your DVD player ^^. If your player is for Region 1 DVD only, then you can't play Region 2 DVD with it. But you can buy all-region DVD player in your local electronic store, and it's quite cheap as well (around $40?).

Or if you don't want to have an extra DVD player, you can play it in your computer (just make sure that you unlock the region in your computer, there are many software for that) :D.

Congrats to DBSK for a fantastic first day sale number ^^. I'm glad that they will finally broke the 100k mark in a week for a second time (for their single). Can't wait to see the weekly sale number (hopefully it will broke the 200k barrier. Finger crossed ^^). I wish they continue to sold strongly throughout the week XD.

Guest LeaYuri

How come u guys have a very supportive family..My family are all cruel except my unnie!!Yes,I love my unnie so much!She's the one who introduced me to DBSK (even at first I dislike the boys).But she's crazy with Yoochun :D

My Bro- 'Where the h e c k are these boys come from (point to my dekstop where there's DBSK wallie) ??' (Bro,u're obviously envy my boys bcoz they've charming looks which is 100 better than you :lol: ) Oh btw~I caught him listening to "Purple Line" but he quickly flip over his laptop as he saw me approched to him.Look,He's egoist,deshou ne? Hahahaha!!!

Omma- 'You should stop listen to Korean songs,Lea!It's pointless.That's why your english suck' (Oh~I really dont care with my english.I think learning korean is better :phew: )

Appa- He doesnt care much abt my boys.But he should at least helps me buying TVXQ stuffs online. <_<

Dongsaeng :He loves Bolero,Dou s hite and Mirotic.But he prefers spazzing western songs

Oricon Single Apparently,they cant surpassed Arashi's popularity.But still,It was awesome hits!Look at the gap between TVXQ and the third place.congrats to Arashi and TVXQ!

Guest jangjaewon

Congratulations!

I awe with their massive sale number.

I highly hope for 150 k for the first week, because of Tokyo Dome Concert.

Guest blueshoes

Indepth-Interview with Gods of the East “TVXQ" from Thailand newspaper

scantvxqthairathnews.jpg

Though this is their 10th visit to Thailand, the popularity of 5 Gods of the East “TVXQ” does not decrease but instead becomes even stronger.

Maybe because of the smart handsome looks from their latest album Mirotic that captivate girls’ hearts and that in both days of Yamaha Presents TVXQ! The 3rd Asia Tour Concert “Mirotic” in Bangkok, the 5 guys, Xiah Micky Hero Max U-Know, performed their best, singing, dancing and shaking the whole Impact Arena.

And this time they told the Entertainment News Team their feelings about Thailand that have never been revealed anywhere before. Start with Micky who said “Coming to Thailand this time, the weather seems kinda hotter”. While U-know said “ My feeling changes each time I’m here. I feel warmer and warmer because everty time the fans will give us an even warmer welcome.” Xiah and Micky also told us that they totally like a blanket of Thai Airways because it makes them feel very cozy lol.

What is the difference between Thai fans and those of other countries?

U-know “ I guess maybe Thailand’s weather is hot, so Thai fans seem to be more alert and active than others (smile). Besides, Thai people are kind and warm-hearted.” Then Micky quickly added that “ Thai fans are different in that when we perform abroad, there will be fanclubs from several countries including Thailand and these fans also bring banners with their names or our names on. But as for Thai fans, they will write ‘Thailand’ on the banner. So I feel that Thai people are very patriotic.”

So, is there anyone want to live in Thailand ?

They all raised their hands.

What do you guys want to do in Thailand?

Micky answered in Thai clearly, “ Muoy Thai” (Thai Kick Boxing). Xiah also agreed because both of them have just seen Muoy Thai. Xiah “ Although I have never tried (Muoy Thai) but I’ve seen my friends do it.” While Hero who is very fond of elephant said “ I want to be in the movie Ung Bak 2 because I’ve seen it and want to trying riding an elephant like in the movie. Even the Girl’s Generation who came to Thailand once have riden an elephant.” Then Xiah thought something up and said in Thai clearly, “I want to go to Phuket.”.

When being asked to say some Thai words, U-know said “ Soo Tai Krub” (Fighting!) and the last one, Max, left sweet words for the fans that “Coming to Thailand as the 10th time, I have to thank all the fans. Because of your love, we get to come here often. We’ll do our best.”

Credit YOONHOTHAILAND

Source: Thairath Newspaper, 30 June 2009 issue

Eng trans by Byul~ho @ YHTH

Take out with full credit

Guest Shaneira

It has got to be my own mother -.-"

She watches their DVDs more than I do, I wake up in the morning upon a loud "RISE UP!!!" and yeah...She pushes me to buy new things (with her credit card respectively) although I told her there's no new concert DVDs yet mother!

So yeah...I can say my mother is even a bigger fangirl than me, and I know that my father curses me deep inside hahaha :P

Oh and she loves Yunho and Junsu...

-edit-

I topped a page ?!?! O_o

sorry, got nothing to share and I'm off to work now >.<

Archived