[drama 2009] Queen Of Housewives 내조의 여왕

koalabear

Guest Mandi9940

It's more realistic than any other I have been through since (...I don't recall :P ) As far as I know, many viewers begin to empathize with the characters. Well, in ep6, Bong-Soon asks her husband, "Would you have married me If i had not been pregnant?" In Korea it explains everything. (i doubt if the baby is his own atm. we will find out anyway.)

Wow, this is something interesting i've missed because i dun understand korean, looks like things are getting complicated............thx for sharing !!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest janezio

luvlilady,

my feel is, Tae Joon might have tried to make things difficult for Ai Je in the beginning because she tried to extort money from him over the car accident, but after observing her over several incidents, he felt that Aiji is actually a simple woman who has a straightforward character and would do anything to help her husband. He might have found this woman someone interesting and pitiful and hence began to develope good feelings for her. I think Tae Joon himself is a kind hearted person.

Kolarbear

I think Kim and his wife is a cunning pair who is plotting against TJ, for power...

Mandi

Re DASU and JI-AE -- just before they went to the pit, when Dasu came home, his daughter told him that mommy is unhappy and hasn't cooked dinner. So Dasu sat on the bed and told JI AE that he is not happy at work as all he does is photocopying and not been given any other responsibility and would like to QUIT. JI AE then arranged for her daughter to be taken care of by the neighbour and ordered him to take the spade. When he asked why, she refused to tell him the answer until they finally laid down in the pit.

I think that's her way of trying to "motivate" him in making him see reality and perhaps Dasu finally sees the true picture also. When they got back home he dreamt of confronting KANG to let him participate in the project but JA advises him to take the softer approach, even to the extent of flattery and "begging". In the bathroom, at first he praised Kang for his "manhood" and then seeing it did not work, he offered his hankerchief and finally knelt down to beg Kang to let him take part in the project.

As for TAE JOON, yes, he is kindhearted - remember in episode 1 he was in the car with his wife and his wife said he shouldn't be fooling around with the girl in the hotel - he said that even that girl has to support her brother and sister's education. Tae Joon's good feelings for Ji-Ae is definitely not pity.

I think it's more like admiration and respect for JI-AE. My hope is that Ji Ae's good relationship with her husband will help Tae Joon see the better side of his own marriage, if possible encourage him to make his marriage work. I have a feeling (just guessing!!) that in the end Ji Ai and Dalsu might end up helping Tae Joon and So Huyk fight director Kim and Jang from taking over the company. As for KANG, not sure which side he'll be on.

Re DASU being reinstated in the job: Apparently a guy reported to KANG that the woman (who complained) and her family were out of town on holiday during the day of the food survey and that KANG's wife has been seen with the other trainee's wife and the woman. KANG at home asked BONG SOON about this but BONG denied it and KANG said GOOD and asked BONG SOON not to get involved (or something like that) - KANG probably is happy to keep DASU out of the company.

However when JI-AE saw the two women drive away from Queen's building, she went to BONG SOON's place to confront her. JANG (who knew that TAE JOON was interested in the food poisoning case) was there for the toe nail polishing and overhead. She then subtly tells BONG SOON to treat it as if she has not heard anything but that BONG SOON should be careful to do what is right. JANG then phones her husband KIM about it and even tho KIM complained about TAE JOON's involvement, JANG said even a dog has to do what his master bids. KIM then met KANG and told KANG that he doesn't trust a man who lies more than once and told him to handle the case carefully or his future might be at stake. KANG (I think he knew he had no choice) reinstated DASU.

At the departmental store, BONG SOON told the wife of the trainee to take appropriate action (hinting that she should get her husband to resign). The wife asked BONG SOON what did she do wrong as she only did what BONG SOON had wanted her to do and BONG SOON immediately denied it and threatened her that if she doesn't take action, her uncle's job, as personnel director, might also be affected.

Guest luvlilady

luvlilady,

my feel is, Tae Joon might have tried to make things difficult for Ai Je in the beginning because she tried to extort money from him over the car accident, but after observing her over several incidents, he felt that Aiji is actually a simple woman who has a straightforward character and would do anything to help her husband. He might have found this woman someone interesting and pitiful and hence began to develope good feelings for her. I think Tae Joon himself is a kind hearted person.

Hi Mandi9940

Thanks for your explanation. Now I understand more on the situation between Tae Joon and JiAe.

I am rooting for Tae Joon to be a kind hearted person. Hopefully they will explore more of his character.

Well, in ep6, Bong-Soon asks her husband, "Would you have married me If i had not been pregnant?" In Korea it explains everything. (i doubt if the baby is his own atm. we will find out anyway.)

Forgive me "groovier" but what do you mean in Korea it explains everything??

Guest dramaok

this was so funny so good but it's already getting sappy and boring.

*sigh* why does every comedy turn melodramatic.

Guest xcess

I really luv tis show, casting and script is funny & gd....... :P pity it doesn't seem to gain as much attention as the other shows......

Forgive me "groovier" but what do you mean in Korea it explains everything??

i guess she means a 'shotgun' wedding scenario ;)

if you get somebody pregnant, their parents have the right to pressure for a wedding.

Guest luvlilady

i guess she means a 'shotgun' wedding scenario ;)

if you get somebody pregnant, their parents have the right to pressure for a wedding.

'agenth' Oh I see, I love when you utter the word "shotgun" weddding. :) Thanks!!

Guest inspired04

i'm really loving this drama :D it was so sweet how tae joon bought ji ae's ring back at the end of ep 6 ^^

joon hyuk is really good looking too haha....i'm hoping he breaks up with bong soon by the end of the drama lol

Guest janezio

It's more realistic than any other I have been through since (...I don't recall :P ) As far as I know, many viewers begin to empathize with the characters. Well, in ep6, Bong-Soon asks her husband, "Would you have married me If i had not been pregnant?" In Korea it explains everything. (i doubt if the baby is his own atm. we will find out anyway.)

When Bong asked her husband would he marry her if she was not pregnant, he was very “diplomatic” and said “I’m busy and have to do some work now”.

He did the same thing to her in episode 2 when Bong asked him whether he loves her, and his reply was, “I have work to do - you go to bed first.”

Guest LilyLovesYoux3

When Bong asked her husband would he marry her if she was not pregnant, he was very “diplomatic” and said “I’m busy and have to do some work now”.

He did the same thing to her in episode 2 when Bong asked him whether he loves her, and his reply was, “I have work to do - you go to bed first.”

I actually really wish their relationship will work out. I actually like Bong even though she does bad stuff to Ji Ae, because I feel that she kinda deserves to do all that after what Ji Ae did to her. Truthfully though, I think Ji Ae is much happier that Bong Soon, because even though she's poor, she has a happy family, while Bong Soon doesn't have that. Plus her husband is starting to show something for Ji Ae again. What do you guys think about Bong-Soon marriage?

it would be hard if the marriage is worked by bong soon alone. joonhyuk must also make effort. in order for bong soon to become nicer, is for her husband to show his love towards her more.

dalsu-ji ae : the problem is husband is scared of his wife. so, ji ae must be nicer too.

the president's marriage: they have to consumate their marriage hehe

Dramabeans might be doing a recap of this drama **crosses fingers**

excerpt:

QUEEN OF HOUSEWIVES [내조의 여왕], MBC

Stars: Kim Nam-joo, Oh Ji-ho, Lee Hye-young, Choi Chul-ho

It’s about: On the surface, it sounds a bit standard — three married couples living in three different states of marital non-bliss. But it’s really more like a study in wifely politicking, dressed up in hilarious encounters and jockeying for position.

You might like it because: It’s cute, it’s funny, it’s lighthearted. Acting is solid and so far there’s no huge, overwrought source of melodrama; it’s the little catastrophes that make up this series.

You might dislike it because: I’ll probably be writing up this drama next, and I’ll reserve a section for discussing my qualms.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/04/currentl...amas-a-roundup/

Guest lucky_moon

For a second I thought you had went AWOL, anyway happy to see your post.

I was out with my friends & I rush them to my house to post the links.. :sweatingbullets:

Archived