Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

No, Ty, K movies are not really limited on tv but there are so many cheap pirated copies lying around that some people are not interested anymore to spend their hard-earned money for movie tickets.

Also, the few K-movies that were shown in moviehouses lack the necessary promos for them to stir enough interest. In the Phils, for a movie to be a box office hit, it should have mass-appeal.

Nowadays, you would be unlucky (or lucky?) if you dont see at least one Korean in the mall. There's an influx of Korean communities here in the Phils and it was in the news that the Phils is on the top of their list for vacation esp. the honeymooners. Would you believe, there is one Korean girl who is very popular and a product of a nationwide search for aspring artists active in Phil. entertainment. Her name is Sandara Park.

Hello inez jang!!!

Are you getting ready with your most attractive T-shirt to meet the handsome JDG? ;):lol:

OIC.. last thought is wrong... Sorri..

Wish he cud choose Phil his honeymoon dest... That time must recall u to borrow Inez's T to show out... :lol::lol:

Jang Dong-gun to visit Thailand next month to promote "The Promise"

mu_l.jpg

Top star Jang Dong-gun will visit Bangkok, Thailand Dec. 18-20 to promote the movie “The Promise” by director Chen Kaige, according to the Thai daily “The Nation” on Nov. 23.

Jang will participate in the movie promotion event along with his co-stars--Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung and middle-aged Japanese actor Sanada Hiroyuki, wrote The Nation.

“The Promise” opens in Thailand Dec. 22.

Jang has previously visited Thailand to film the action blockbuster “Typhoon” by director Kwak Kyung-taek.”

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...9950_11692.html

many thxx to rubie www.soompi.com

really i very excite next month i can meet him in thailand

Guest ruffluv109

:lol::lol: ..TY..if only i know which Hotel that is!!!!!!!

Besides..i have my hubby there to snap his photos (i must have great quality pics!!)..so..er..my 'longings' are limited.. ;)

sunbae, really salute yer hubby...he's very sporting!! has he ever got jealous over your fixation on dong gun (or other hunks in the world)??...i wish when i'm married someday my hubby can tolerate my infatuation on dong gun too... :P

Hi ladies, it's good to be back on the thread. thanks for all the latest news and picture of our MAN!! He looks so cool in his new do!! It's great to learn that he'll be in Sgp. ** Jumping with joy ** Any insider's on when and where he'll be.

I was trying to catch up with the local news - it seems like he'll be at the Heeren or somethin'. Ladies in Singapore, WE ARE IN LUCK!! ** Jums with joy all over again ** I think I can do a somersault!!

Tango dear.....and all these while i thought you're from the Phils..... :unsure: ....are you a s'porean too?? :huh:

luktal...welcome to the thread...hope to see you here often!! and don't forget to greet dong gun at the airport... :)

source: http://english.yna.co.kr/Engnews/20051125/...25181916EP.html

credits: ling (jdg everland)

S. Korean movie star Jang Dong-gun earns nearly 7 bln won

eng_1001.jpg

SEOUL, Nov. 25 (Yonhap) -- South Korean movie star Jang Dong-gun has already racked up nearly 7 billion won (US$6.7 million) in income this year, his promotion agency said Friday.

The 33-year-old actor had received 6.79 billion won in income from his agency StarM Ent as of the end of October, the company said in a regulatory filing.

Jang, whose filmography includes the 2004 blockbuster "Taegukgi" set in the 1950-53 Korean War, earned most of his money from starring in advertisements, including 670 million won from a contract with POSCO Engineering & Construction and 610 million won from a deal with Samsung Card Co.

The filing was made as the star agency went public on South Korea's KOSDAQ market. Incomes in South Korea's entertainment industry, traditionally hidden from the public eye, are becoming more transparent as star agencies increasingly seek to list their shares on South Korea's stock markets.

Ha Ji-won, a leading South Korean actress, earned 6.7 billion won for her agency, Well-Made Entertainment, over the last three years for her roles in film, including for this year's hit "Daddy-Long-Legs," according to the agency's back-door filing.

Park Eun-hye, who starred in the popular television period drama "Daejanggeum" set in a kitchen of the Korean palace, has brought in 1.6 billion won since 2002, the agency said.

so, my hubby is very very rich......36_1_36.gif7_15_5v.gif...

i'm the more 36_3_7.gif

i'm the more 36_3_7.gif

Me, even he earned nothing this year i also luv him very much... I luv hime regarless that sum..Anyway, granted that big sum made us happier..

Hey Tango babe!!

Glad u're back and able to see JDG in town..

U know what ?..perhaps we all should get together to see him..(the SG babes but all are welcome if they're here too!)...

Good morning to all beautiful JDG folks!! :)

Good idea Inez - at the airport? an insider's scoop on where he'll be would be great!! B)

sunbae, really salute yer hubby...he's very sporting!! has he ever got jealous over your fixation on dong gun (or other hunks in the world)??...i wish when i'm married someday my hubby can tolerate my infatuation on dong gun too... :P

Tango dear.....and all these while i thought you're from the Phils..... :unsure: ....are you a s'porean too?? :huh:

i'm the more 36_3_7.gif

Ruff, I agree with you about Inez's hubby - that's total exhibition of coolness. :D

And Yes, I am from your down under... ;)

Our Dong Gun is one VERY eligible bachelor. B)

thanks for the handsome calendar by ILK ,TY. it makes me miss 'all about eve'.

maybe i should watch it again during the new year's holiday. for the 100th time :P:P

thnaks ruff for the news...that's my hero..tall,rich and handsome :lol::rolleyes:

luktal, i wish i could see him in bangkok too..don't forget to post lots of pictures of him

for all of us who can't meet him there.

Guest ruffluv109

more news about his 36_1_36.gif......

Article: November 26, 2005

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/051126/19/2kpxi.html

According to the Korean press, Jang Dong Gun's income is 7,000,000,000 Won/US$6.7 million this year. Bae Yong Jun is also very close to Jang Dong Gun's and because the final figures are not in, it's hard to tell who is at the top. It is learnt that Jang Dong Gun only has 4,200,000,000 of the income, the rest he and his management company share. Nevertheless, he owns 30% of his management company.

In the meantime, a Korean website has voted the Most Desired Artist to Spend Christmas with is Rain and Kim Tae Hee. Kim Tae Hee at the moment is in China making her debut movie called 中天 Middle Sky.

Permission to repost this article is granted only if this article is accompanied with this message, the text is not altered, and credit is given to this site as follows:

Credit: http://s2.invisionfree.com/la_creme_d_asie

he owns 30% of his management company?? wow...my hubby is an excellent business man too!!! :rolleyes:

Korean Magazine Screen Dec 2005

SCREEN1.jpg

SCREEN2.jpg

SCREEN3.jpg

SCREEN4_1.jpg

Source: www.jangdonggun.co.kr

Credits: Dreamer ( www.jang-donggun.com )

both hotties look hawttt!!!! and lee jung jae looks cute with the glasses... :D

more news about his 36_1_36.gif......

Article: November 26, 2005

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/051126/19/2kpxi.html

According to the Korean press, Jang Dong Gun's income is 7,000,000,000 Won/US$6.7 million this year. Bae Yong Jun is also very close to Jang Dong Gun's and because the final figures are not in, it's hard to tell who is at the top. It is learnt that Jang Dong Gun only has 4,200,000,000 of the income, the rest he and his management company share. Nevertheless, he owns 30% of his management company.

In the meantime, a Korean website has voted the Most Desired Artist to Spend Christmas with is Rain and Kim Tae Hee. Kim Tae Hee at the moment is in China making her debut movie called 中天 Middle Sky.

Permission to repost this article is granted only if this article is accompanied with this message, the text is not altered, and credit is given to this site as follows:

Credit: http://s2.invisionfree.com/la_creme_d_asie

he owns 30% of his management company?? wow...my hubby is an excellent business man too!!! :rolleyes:

Korean Magazine Screen Dec 2005

SCREEN1.jpg

SCREEN2.jpg

SCREEN3.jpg

SCREEN4_1.jpg

Source: www.jangdonggun.co.kr

Credits: Dreamer ( www.jang-donggun.com )

both hotties look hawttt!!!! and lee jung jae looks cute with the glasses... :D

Ruffie Love..!! Thanks a million for the these two Typhoon 'Hotties' pics!!!!!..

:rolleyes: ..*nosebleeding good looking!!*!!

And yeah..what else would a babe want??..a good looking, daymn rich n eligible JDG!!! :P

HUGZ to tossie, tearsinh3aven and Tango...!!!! yes we should all get together to welcome him!!!

But..my hubb may not make it on the 14/15 Dec..(and i can never get to use his 'high end' cameras n stuff...*shucks!*..). i guess i have to settle for a normal digi camera..but i can be so thrilled nonetheless!!..

i probably will be too excited to snap pics anyway..

:lol:

Ruffie Love..!! Thanks a million for the these two Typhoon 'Hotties' pics!!!!!..

:rolleyes: ..*nosebleeding good looking!!*!!

And yeah..what else would a babe want??..a good looking, daymn rich n eligible JDG!!! :P

HUGZ to tossie, tearsinh3aven and Tango...!!!! yes we should all get together to welcome him!!!

But..my hubb may not make it on the 14/15 Dec..(and i can never get to use his 'high end' cameras n stuff...*shucks!*..). i guess i have to settle for a normal digi camera..but i can be so thrilled nonetheless!!..

i probably will be too excited to snap pics anyway..

:lol:

Inez, yes... nosebleeding handsome... Me see that Ruff Jang now only paid her attention to hubbie's 36_1_36.gif instead of any hotstuff.. so u gals dun have to mentioned that wif her ... hahaha (sorri me joke.. Thanks to ur post our wives know exactly wat hubbie earned this year... ) :lol::lol:

SBS News about JDG earning 6.8 bil won as at Oct

Source: sbs.co.kr

200100485.jpg

Briefly, the news mentioned that JDG's management agency Star M Entertainment recently applied for listing on the Korean Stock Exchange KOSDAQ and revealed in its filing that it has already paid to JDG 6.78 billion won from Jan to Oct in 2005. Of this, 4.29 bil won is for CF adveritisement fees and 2.49 bil won is for the 3 years exclusive contract fees with the agency. The news also mentioned about other stars's income - Ha Ji Won earns 6.7 billion won from 2003 to Oct 2005 and Park Eun Hei earns 1.7 billion won from 2002 to Nov 2005. (Ha and Park's agency is also listed on KOSDAQ).

Translated by Dreamer at Jang-donggun.com