Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

Finally.......

He will visit my country too.......*jumpin..jumpin......*senangnya....... :D

11/23/05 – To promote his Chinese movie “The Promise (무극)”, Jang Dong Gun will visit many Asian countries including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Indonesia (중국, 홍콩, 싱가포르, 대만, 태국, 인도네시아). On 12/9, he will leave from Inchun airport and then he will attend the large-scale world premiere held in Beijing on 12/11. In the movie, he plays the role Koon Roon (쿤룬) who is a slave with feet faster than the light. In addition to “The Promise”, he will attend the world premiere of another movie “Typhoon” held in Seoul on 12/5.

200511230153_00.jpg

http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200511/200511230153.html

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200...10492058470.htm

got this from news thread....

November 23, 2005 KST 21:54 (GMT+9)

Local adventures take on 'Harry Potter'

November 23, 2005 ㅡ This winter promises to be a good one for Korean moviegoers with the release of three epics from Hollywood and a slew of domestic big-budget films that some movie buffs rate as highly as the imported fare.

htm_2005112318124090009100-001.JPG

▶ Korean blockbusters set to compete with "Harry Potter" and "Narnia" this winter

include "Cheongyeon" (left), "Typhoon" (center) and "The Beast" (right).

Provided by Cineseoul

Korean box office pundits are already guessing that "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," opening Dec. 1 in Korea, will likely be the most popular movie of the year, not just in Korea but around the world. They also see the Peter Jackson remake of "King Kong" (Dec. 14) and the "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe," a fantasy story by C.S. Lewis (Dec. 30), being as big as "Harry Potter."

Competing with these overseas fantasy films are a series of Korean adventure movies written with a certain local flair that is aimed to generate as much appeal to domestic audiences as their foreign rivals at the box office.

And they may have public opinion on their side. An ongoing poll on Cineseoul, a web site for movie information and reviews, found that typical male Korean moviegoers voted for the soon to be released "Typhoon" as the film they most wanted to see this winter. "Harry Potter" and "King Kong" came second and third, respectively.

Among female moviegoers, "King and the Clown," a Korean film about a mysterious palace clown in the early Joseon dynasty, took first place followed by "Harry Potter" and then another Korean film, "The Beast."

All the Korean releases feature members of the current hanryu wave sweeping Asia ― Jang Dong- gun in "Typhoon;" Kim Ju-hyuk, currently television's hottest actor, in "Cheongyeon;" and fitness-buff Kwon Sang-woo in "The Beast."

The films star three of Korea's best-looking actors, which the producers obviously hope to utilize in overseas marketing ― the three have solid fan bases in Japan and China. The filmmakers have bet big, spending over 10 billion won ($9.6 million) on average on production, a large investment by Korean standards. "Taegukki," Kang Jae-gyu's 2003 hit film about two brothers fighting in the Korean War, had been the most expensive Korean film produced to date with a $14 million-budget.

But director Kwak Kyung-taek's "Typhoon" is about to break that record as it cost $15.3 million to film a story that mainly takes place at sea. Its star, Mr. Jang, plays a North Korean defector-turned-pirate who robs ships leaving the peninsula, while co-star Lee Jung-jae plays a South Korean naval officer who lost a friend in a clash with the North Korean Navy.

Like many Korean blockbusters of the past, the film tries to depict the North-South conflict in a nationalistic light. But promoters say the film is different as Mr. Jang and Mr. Lee in their first outing together create a charismatic combination on the screen. The two did intensive martial arts training before shooting the film.

Based on the true story of Korea's first female pilot, "Cheongyeon" takes place in Los Angeles, Nagano, Shanghai and Korea. Actress Jang Jin-young plays a 1920s aviator in love with flying, while Mr. Kim is the man hopelessly in love with her. The film cost over $9.6 million.

"The Beast," a dark action thriller, was originally budgeted at $7.7 million. But an additional $5 million was spent promoting the film starring Mr. Kwon.

This winter it seems that Korean producers are betting the bank in their competition with Hollywood for box office returns.

by Lee Min-a <mina@joongang.co.kr>

Credits: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200511/22/2...0091009101.html

Everyone's happy then cos we all get to meet him! :D

Except me... :(:(

So envy u gals...

got this from news thread....

November 23, 2005 KST 21:54 (GMT+9)

Local adventures take on 'Harry Potter'

November 23, 2005 ㅡ This winter promises to be a good one for Korean moviegoers with the release of three epics from Hollywood and a slew of domestic big-budget films that some movie buffs rate as highly as the imported fare.

htm_2005112318124090009100-001.JPG

▶ Korean blockbusters set to compete with "Harry Potter" and "Narnia" this winter

include "Cheongyeon" (left), "Typhoon" (center) and "The Beast" (right).

Provided by Cineseoul

This winter it seems that Korean producers are betting the bank in their competition with Hollywood for box office returns.

by Lee Min-a <mina@joongang.co.kr>

Credits: INSIDE JoongAng Daily

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/200511/22/2...0091009101.html

My vote to "Running Wild" (known as The Beast) n Typhoon... :D:D:D

Guest ellabel

Hi ella! Sorry, haven't been making much sense lately! And the emoticons are not working (or is it just me?)! Will get u a copy of that same mag when i see one again! There's a vcd set I saw of an interview with lbh, i forgot what it's called, sounds something like human drama, but am not sure! U ever come across it? Will get u a copy, I hope it has english subtitles though...Have so little time to sipsiow these k-hunks I feel totally depraved/deprived!

jisung dear, been missing you at the other thread as well....

So, you've been out of the country?

If you mean the Human and Brave dvd set of LBH, then i have that already and yes, there are english subs on them. Thanks anyway, babe.

You take easy and just sip-siow whenever you have time.

Jang Dong Gun is known for his humbleness among his Korean fellow actor/frens.

He makes a great buddy/best friend...

Another reason to love this actor...

:rolleyes:

inez jang, what a lovely sip-siow T-shirt!!! :D

Love it naked sushi. ;)

Be sure you are the first sexy babe, JDG sees at the airport.

s_02_1-loshui37.jpg

s_03_1-loshui37.jpg

Notice, Gals from Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand n Indonesia, hubbi is packing up to leave for your country wif this ajummah..... :lol::lol::lol: Be nake-sushi before him when he step out from the flight...

s_04_1-loshui37.jpg

s_05_1-loshui37.jpg

s_06_1-loshui37.jpg

He said he will PM me every day... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

s_07_1-loshui37.jpg

Credit to Dreamer at Jang-donggun.com

Guest ellabel

Finally.......

He will visit my country too.......*jumpin..jumpin......*senangnya....... :D

11/23/05 – To promote his Chinese movie “The Promise (무극)”, Jang Dong Gun will visit many Asian countries including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Indonesia (중국, 홍콩, 싱가포르, 대만, 태국, 인도네시아). On 12/9, he will leave from Inchun airport and then he will attend the large-scale world premiere held in Beijing on 12/11. In the movie, he plays the role Koon Roon (쿤룬) who is a slave with feet faster than the light. In addition to “The Promise”, he will attend the world premiere of another movie “Typhoon” held in Seoul on 12/5.

200511230153_00.jpg

http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200511/200511230153.html

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/cinet/200...10492058470.htm

Poor Philippines... :( No sight of K-Hotties..

It's too bad that despite the Korean wave, the Phils lag in terms of appreciating K-movies at the theatres.

Tho a large number is already into K-dramas and movies, these are all limited to watching them on tv.

Maybe, we can also blame the selling of boot-leg copies.

The few K-movies shown here all bombed at the box office.

Yesterday was the first screening of April Snow and My Little Bride at the theatres.

My mom who is a BYJ fan watched right away with her friends.

She told me to watch it soon coz it mite be pulled out from the theatres in a couple of days coz there are only a handful of them who watched the movie. :(

s_02_1-loshui37.jpg

Belated gifts for birthday babes Ella n Brooklyn..

Looking at your siggie TY..i would be thrilled if KSW n JDG do a movie together... :rolleyes:

I really hope he will come..the last time he had to cancel last minute (to promote Taegugki..).

And yeah i am going to wear that famous T.. ;)

Poor Philippines... :( No sight of K-Hotties..

It's too bad that despite the Korean wave, the Phils lag in terms of appreciating K-movies at the theatres.

Tho a large number is already into K-dramas and movies, these are all limited to watching them on tv.

Maybe, we can also blame the selling of boot-leg copies.

The few K-movies shown here all bombed at the box office.

Yesterday was the first screening of April Snow and My Little Bride at the theatres.

My mom who is a BYJ fan watched right away with her friends.

She told me to watch it soon coz it mite be pulled out from the theatres in a couple of days coz there are only a handful of them who watched the movie. :(

Y Philippines limited that on TV... Here Vietnam they didn't..

Authority is opened to Korean

Communications n media give priority to Korean..too

People is fond of either

Me is not exception... :lol::lol:

Looking at your siggie TY..i would be thrilled if KSW n JDG do a movie together... :rolleyes:

I really hope he will come..the last time he had to cancel last minute (to promote Taegugki..).

And yeah i am going to wear that famous T.. ;)

I also long for that dear Inez.. 2 hubbies acted together but none died at the end...

Remember to cheer ur fresh nake to him... when he step out.. :lol::lol:

s_06_1-loshui37.jpg

He looked like a business men but she an operation-doctor-in action :lol::lol:

s_09_1-loshui37.jpg

That made him scared..

s_11_1-loshui37.jpg

n wonder shud be starring wif her again?

s_12_1-loshui37.jpg

Credit to Dreamer at Jang-donggun.com

Guest ruffluv109

thank you ruffluv109,

the latest news from the movie company says, Cecilia won't be coming, only JDG and Sanada :)

u r welcome, la bonita... :)

dun wurry about cecelia not coming....nobody cares about her..... :D

inez sunbae......your shirt is blue now, huh! it's donggun's fave color! make sure you wear that at changi on that day...i'm sure you'll be the first one to get a hug from him! :rolleyes:

Holiday In Seoul....

PP202.jpg

PP201.jpg

190502.jpg

promos252015B15D.jpg

HOLIDAY2.jpg

All Star Summit...

s381gf.jpg

s394oz.jpg

inez sunbae......your shirt is blue now, huh! it's donggun's fave color! make sure you wear that at changi on that day...i'm sure you'll be the first one to get a hug from him! :rolleyes:

Hey Ruff, me think again.. last time i told Inez to show out that T to hubbi whenever he steps out from flight but it is impossible ..

She shud show it in his Hotel in order to make him convenient to take her to his room secretly n smoothly.. If the T shown out in the airport, his manager would take him back to the flight immediately before his feet stepping down the yard.. Tsk tsk be careful.. :lol::lol:

PP201.jpg

All Star Summit...

s381gf.jpg

s394oz.jpg

Ruffie..yeah i know!!..To get a hug from him???!!

Wow!!!!!..i am having fainting spells at the thoughts!!..

Thanks for the pics..*kisses!*

Hey Ruff, me think again.. last time i told Inez to show out that T to hubbi whenever he steps out from flight but it is impossible ..

She shud show it in his Hotel in order to make him convenient to take her to his room secretly n smoothly.. If the T shown out in the airport, his manager would take him back to the flight immediately before his feet stepping down the yard.. Tsk tsk be careful.. :lol::lol:

:lol::lol: ..TY..if only i know which Hotel that is!!!!!!!

Besides..i have my hubby there to snap his photos (i must have great quality pics!!)..so..er..my 'longings' are limited.. ;)

Guest freespirit

Original source: http://news.naver.com

Translated by YoonEe for Just Jang Dong Gun at www.jang-donggun.com

Kwon Sang-woo “I want to surpass Jang Dong-gun”

[sports Hankook, 2005-11-22 07:57]

“My target is Jang Dong-gun!”

Recently Kwon Sang-woo revealed, “I frankly wish to follow senior JDG’s steps. I’m working on my acting with determination to surpass senior JDG someday”. Then he said, “To me senior JDG is like a big mountain that I must overtake. Reaching this target is my motivation for acting (well)”.

JDG who acted in all time no 1 Korean Box Office movie ‘Taegukgi’ is aiming to make another box-office legend with upcoming ‘Typhoon’ that is released on 15 December. He is not only a box-office actor, but also has built fixed image as an actor with good acting ability that endeavors to do unusual acting transformations.

Therefore Kwon Sang-woo regards JDG, who has both box-office power and acting ability as a positive competitor. Kwon Sang-woo set to counter-fire with tough male image to compete against JDG, through ‘Running wild’ that is released on 13 January 2006.

Kwon Sang-woo said, “I think it would be a good competition if ‘Running Wild’ could be released on 15 December as initially planned. We miss the competition as consequence of delaying the release because of production schedule. However we are not avoiding it because we are scared.”

Ko Kyu-tae reporter, enter@sportshankook.co.kr

I believe this news translation originated from www.jang-donggun.com. I saw it re-posted at KSW's thread by Azura without any due credit to the translator. And it was re-posted at KSW's SG site with credit to the JDG-Club. I think credit should be given to where it is due!

Hi ladies, it's good to be back on the thread. thanks for all the latest news and picture of our MAN!! He looks so cool in his new do!! It's great to learn that he'll be in Sgp. ** Jumping with joy ** Any insider's on when and where he'll be.

I was trying to catch up with the local news - it seems like he'll be at the Heeren or somethin'. Ladies in Singapore, WE ARE IN LUCK!! ** Jums with joy all over again ** I think I can do a somersault!!

I really miss this thread. was away in India (groan) and buried under work!!!

Jisung, u in sgp babe??

Inez, new naked sushi t??

Ruff, I have something for u...pls see your PM!

Hi ladies, it's good to be back on the thread. thanks for all the latest news and picture of our MAN!! He looks so cool in his new do!! It's great to learn that he'll be in Sgp. ** Jumping with joy ** Any insider's on when and where he'll be.

I was trying to catch up with the local news - it seems like he'll be at the Heeren or somethin'. Ladies in Singapore, WE ARE IN LUCK!! ** Jums with joy all over again ** I think I can do a somersault!!

I really miss this thread. was away in India (groan) and buried under work!!!

Jisung, u in sgp babe??

Inez, new naked sushi t??

Ruff, I have something for u...pls see your PM!

Hey Tango babe!!

Glad u're back and able to see JDG in town..

U know what ?..perhaps we all should get together to see him..(the SG babes but all are welcome if they're here too!)...

Good morning to all beautiful JDG folks!! :)

Guest ellabel

Y Philippines limited that on TV... Here Vietnam they didn't..

Authority is opened to Korean

Communications n media give priority to Korean..too

People is fond of either

Me is not exception... :lol::lol:

I also long for that dear Inez.. 2 hubbies acted together but none died at the end...

Remember to cheer ur fresh nake to him... when he step out.. :lol::lol:

No, Ty, K movies are not really limited on tv but there are so many cheap pirated copies lying around that some people are not interested anymore to spend their hard-earned money for movie tickets.

Also, the few K-movies that were shown in moviehouses lack the necessary promos for them to stir enough interest. In the Phils, for a movie to be a box office hit, it should have mass-appeal.

Nowadays, you would be unlucky (or lucky?) if you dont see at least one Korean in the mall. There's an influx of Korean communities here in the Phils and it was in the news that the Phils is on the top of their list for vacation esp. the honeymooners. Would you believe, there is one Korean girl who is very popular and a product of a nationwide search for aspring artists active in Phil. entertainment. Her name is Sandara Park.

Hello inez jang!!!

Are you getting ready with your most attractive T-shirt to meet the handsome JDG? ;):lol: