Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@qoxie but bubblegum cute songs are not the only music that u will find in JPOP b/c AKB48 and morning musume are not the only 2 female groups that exist in Japan you have scandal a rock group that debuted last year, Juilte r&b ballad group with amazing vocals, SPEED pop dance group with amazing dance skill and good vocals(they are back together since last year), Dream a sexy pop dance group with amazing powerful dance skills and powerful vocals and Perfume electro pop female group with amazing dance skill each group that I mentioned have different style of music even AKB48 are now trying to be more versatile with their music just go and listen to Beginner and if I'm not wrong Morning musuem stopped the whole school concept a long time ago but AKB48 are still doing the school concept ..even for the male groups yes u JE boys but in the same time u have exile group with amazing vocal and dance skill one ok rock, Mr children, Greeen etc etc etc and with Arashi popularity now I dont think anyone will take their place any time soon ... as JPOP fan I assure Korean wave will not last for so long especially with way Korea companies are sending their idol groups like crazy in Japan it will be matter of time before japan will get bored of the korean groups

Im not sure if anyone shared these pictures

128933.jpg

Wonder Girls’ Sunye tours Picasso exhibit with kids for charity event

20101228_sunyepicassocharityevent_001.jpg

With the season of giving in full swing, Wonder Girls‘ leader Sunye spent her Tuesday afternoon touring a Picasso exhibit at the National Palace Museum of Korea with children at a charity event today.

Since October 26th, the National Modern Art Gallery has held a special exhibit called “Picasso and Modern Art: Passion and Solitude” (‘피카소와 모던아트’), featuring a collection of over a hundred artworks from the Albertina Museum in Austria. The National Modern Art Gallery and the Community Chest teamed up for a year-end event admitting a hundred young attendees into the exhibition for free. The crowd, which included orphans and children from low-income families, received an exclusive exhibition tour during the two hour event. “The children are mostly from low income, single parent families so they haven’t enjoyed many cultural and social things. They were so excited about going to the gallery,” a teacher who attended the event explained.

Although it wasn’t part of the Wonder Girls’ schedule, Sunye decided to attend the event and enjoy the artwork with the students. She had already seen the exhibition a month ago but came back for this special event. She explained, “When I was little, I lost my mother and grew up with my grandmother. I wanted to do give back to the society for the help it has given me while I was growing up so I came back here.”

“The kids paid more attention to Sunye than the paintings,” one observer recounted with amusement. “Some little kids went up to Sunye and didn’t know who she was, but they loved her anyway because of her kindness.”

20101228_sunyepicassocharityevent_02.jpg

20101228_sunyepicassocharityevent_03.jpg

Source:Chosun

Credi:AIIKPOP

as JPOP fan I assure Korean wave will not last for so long especially with way Korea companies are sending their idol groups like crazy in Japan it will be matter of time before japan will get bored of the korean groups

Well, I just got a PM asking me not to encourage non-WG discussion so I guess I must obey.

Agree with this statement, though. But you never know: each generation of music fans embrace its own idols.

I personally don't think the MAX & Speed supporters of yesteryear would have thought that much of Morning Musume & AKB48, who are marketed more superficially.

Whereas Kpop remains largely loyal to the '2007 & earlier' idols for now.

- - - - - - - - -

No fan updates from Harbin.

A Baidu WF said he stalked the hotel in vain for 3.5 hours last night, before leaving at 8pm. (Sunset time in Harbin is 4pm.)

Another responded that a friend who works there said all the performers had checked in by 8pm.

(Maybe they are obliged to attend some corporate events today, before the show itself.)

Looks like it is indeed a private function for the 'Four Season' property buyers. Concert tickets are hard to come by; some are asking to help get concert passes instead.

Over at the SouFun Harbin board, the concert goers are expressing their excitement but that's about it.

Someone there said yesterday Heilongjiang TV (Arts Channel) is airing the concert 'live', but posted the wrong date (Dec 31).

I found no online TV schedule to collaborate this. Nonetheless, I tweeted the info to Pikeyenny last night.

Those at Baidu are speculating that the TV station will indeed air a recording on New Year's Eve.

Here are a couple of pics of the concert tickets.

1293441883955000.jpg

1293441933424000.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

Guest wonderful ♡

@qoxie lol I guess we cant do anything but obye and exactly u will never know anyway I found article about sunmi in nate site I'm not 100% sure what says since I used google translate but it seems like the netizens were amazed of how cute sunmi looked and how she kept changing her facial expression during a interview that the girls had in last year

29_117754.jpg

seeing her cute face makes me miss seeing her with WG even more :(

here is the link to the article and if I'm wrong just correct me

원더걸스 전 멤버 선미, 해외서도 통한 표정 세트 '웃고, 멍하고, 새침하게'

Purported concert bill for Jiangsu TV New Year's Eve show.

WG is the last 3rd act, & slated to perform Nobody Korean & Chinese versions + So Hot Chinese version.

Shakira follows next, with Susan Boyle serving as the finale.

(The organizer mentioned earlier that 'Nobody' is to be an audience-participation mass item. I wonder they will time it just before the final countdown.)

screenhunter02dec300036.jpg

Cr: as credited.

- - - - - - - - -

The Harbin concert finished 2 hours ago. The online chatter is only beginning now.

No WG fanpics yet, but Baidu WFs reported the girls sang 2 songs (2DT, Nobody) wearing the 2DT denim costumes.

Here are the audience scenes I found off Weibo.

It was indeed held in an ice-skating rink (the environs look familiar), & the crowd was pretty big considering no public tickets were available.

I also saw some Weibo pics of a 'Four Seasons' corporate event earlier in the day, but they involved other celebrities (not WG).

66095f56jw6dctph0pbu6j.jpg

5365db5cjw6dctq1wq2uvj.jpg

5076b6c8jw6dctsgk9vodj.jpg

3c0f0c5bjw6dcty9zu4roj.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Finally, a couple of fanpics from Harbin.

61b84e3djw6dctrxbn6y6j.jpg

61b84e3djw6dctrut4st1j.jpg

Cr: as tagged

For the completist:

wwwfacebookcomalbumphpa.jpg

Source: http://www.facebook....125883630767631

On the JYP Auditions:

A couple of official articles.

http://www.sgkwave.com/archives/384

http://x-clusive.sg/...-jyp-auditions/ (same article, different photo of judges)

The article indicated (& Alpha Ent also separately mentioned on its wall page) that the next stop for the auditions is China next year.

It also wrote to refute HK tabloid reports of only 3 auditioners shortlisted from the SAR, saying JYP is still reviewing the videos.

Guest bammie92

oh my sohee! she grew up beautifully. although there're already many idols younger than her, she still look like the forever KPOP maknae.keke^^

love the WG solo shot..

^

^

Nope, so thanks for sharing! Who's your source?

Do post the WG group photo from the JYP Nation calendar too, if you have a scanned copy.

- - - - - - - - -

First media report of the Harbin concert.

It is for a real-estate portal, so there is not much to go on. No concert pics either.

hhousesinacomcn20101229.jpg

Source: http://h.house.sina....202439067.shtml

'I love Four Seasons' Ice City Appreciation-cum-New Year Gala heralds the benefits of living in Harbin

Sina Real Estate portal 2010-12-29 20:24

Sina Real Estate news (Editor / incomplete) On December 29, The Four Seasons [Residences] organized a 'I love Four Seasons' Ice City Appreciation-cum-New Year Gala at the Harbin International Conference & Sports Center. More than 10 Asian superstars flew into town for the event, including Karen Mok, Jonathan Lee, Li Jian, WONDERGIRLS & others. They joined the thousands of new & old owners of 'Four Seasons' properties to celebrate the upcoming New Year. This was conceivably the biggest ever clientele appreciation event in Harbin's real-estate market history. The sumptuous performers lineup, exquisite stage sets as well as ingenious programming produced an unprecedented spectacle for the Ice City.

Superstar lineup & grand occasion scintillate the winter night

For this event, the 'Four Seasons' [Residences] had engaged a major event organizer & spent heavily on inviting homegrown & international superstars, so as to present a comprehensive audio & visual feast for its property owners. Karen Mok, Jonathan Li, Fei Yu Qing, Valen Hsu, Ashin, Li Jian as well as globally-popular Korean idol group WONDERGIRLS, magician Lu Chen.... The 'Four Seasons' concert lineup was resplendent with stars. Throughout the December 29 evening, deafening applause & cheers rang out spasmodically during the entertainment. The atmosphere at the venue hit multiple peaks as a result.

Besides the superstar performances, the event also saw special lucky draws. Everyone got to spent a heartwarming evening.

[skipped the rest, which talked about the event's mystery guests -- Hong Kong actor Eric Tsang & China heartthrob Huang Xiaoming -- & then delve in detail into the real-estate history of the 'Four Seasons' project.]

^

The photo's owner is Baidu Parkyeeun Bar. According to the eyewitness, they walked out of the airport at 4:45pm local time.

Nanjing is the capital of Jiangsu Province. So WG has flown there a day early for the New Year's Eve show, without heading home first.

Here is the official JYP China announcement (translated).

screenhunter02dec310002.jpg

- - - - - - - -

WG in rehearsals for Jiangsu event. Jiangsu TV had uploaded it on their Weibo at 9:10pm local time.

The night rehearsals began from 7:30pm to around midnight (it appears), from the sequence of tweets.

Shakira arrived in town even earlier (Dec 29 afternoon) & rehearsed yesterday afternoon. There are a few photos & a video clip of her at the source.

Looks like there was also a press conference (for individual performers) in the late afternoon, around the time WG arrived at the airport.

5de8a2e4jw6dcuy6fhhnfj.jpg

Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/jsbcjstv

Jiangsu TV concert tickets.

6b220877jw6dcsao8zop7j.jpg

- - - - - - - -

More airport fanpics.

a1dd4dee8c29a7b5b2fb95b.jpg

b704311fa08f2386a78669b.jpg

928422d3027d444e3af3cfb.jpg

28896d317d104157ebc4afb.jpg

f1435f365febdc93a3cc2bb.jpg

1a5ce9faa2140190b48f31b.jpg

- - - - - - - -

Another rehearsal pic.

62d24b11jw6dcuyzxgibaj.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

Jiangsu NYE concert ad banners on Weibo.

jiangsukuanian.png

screenhunter03dec310128.jpg

Archived