Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valentino_rossi46

how is it that Sunye always has the things that I've had my eye on?.... just realised her latest eyewear is something ive wanted just forever!

Sunye rocking Chanel 5171: Ribbon Sunglasses estimated price USD 302

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9641/image3g.png

Although So Hee is a fashionista, Sun Ye, Ye Eun or Yoo Bin has more sunglasses than her

Since last year, i always spot So hee with her 2 trade-mark glass, 1 is black and 1 is pink-blue while others, i spot they have many sunglasses every time they appear

Does So Hee love her 2 sunglasses too much ? :P

Yu Bin twitter - the girls back Korea already ? :)

WGyubin

가양대교에서 KBS방송국사이의 올림픽대로구간 타이어펑크조심하세요~~ about 2 hours ago via web

Lim twiiter

B'day cake from my precious fans~^^doesnt it look delicious?♥ http://twitgoo.com/1o4mko about 1 hour ago via twidroid

2clz12.jpg

Omg its homemade~>< http://twitgoo.com/1o4m4j about 2 hours ago via twidroid

akwdit.jpg

Soompi is rather vague about WG's involvement in the Penny Arcade Expo next Friday (3/9).

I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for now.

FYI Just found out NCsoft has separately announced that WG will perform at the "Aion: Assault on Balaurea" launch party on that Friday night (8pm-12am).

Different venue too: Experience Music Project (not Washington State Convention & Trade Center).

Source: http://us.ncsoft.com...ty.html#details

haha, u beat me to it. Yeap, its at Seattle Center! Im going to try. Its actually pretty cool inside.

I cant believe they are back in Seattle! I hope the weather preveils.

Lim's cake looks sooo goood. Happy birthday~

Guest valentino_rossi46

Although 1st Wonder Concert happened last year, but this info is still interesting :)

[info] Fashion – The Wonder Girls dons AM EYEWEAR Shades

200903281839321002_1.jpg

If you still remember, the girls donned the flashy sunglasses during their ‘Goodbye’ performance at their solo concert, “The 1st Wonder”. Fancy getting a pair too? but that that will probably burn a hole in your pocket as these sunglasses by Australian Label, AM EYEWEAR are going for a range of $340~360 each.

rickameyewearsunyeyubinsohee.jpg

Leader Sunye, Sohee and Yubin dons the Rick Black, going for $360.

cobseyameyewearsunyeyubinsohee.jpg

whereas, Yeeun and Sunmi dons the Cobsey Black, going for $340.

Available at the http://www.ameyewear.com/

credit : Sunmijjang.wordpress :)

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Wonder Girls Teen Diaries

Wondering who the Wonder Girls are? Well wonder no more. The South Korean pop group are invading the U.S. with their catchy songs and unique fashion sense. The quintet – which includes members Sun, 20, Yenny, 20, Mimi, 17, Yubin, 21, Sohee, 17 – made history when their first single titled “Nobody” landed on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles chart, making them the first group from South Korea to make such a mark in the U.S. We’ve featured them before as Artists to Watch, but we’ve one up’d ourselves with an exclusive interview with the fab five. Check out what the ladies have to say about their career, touring with the Jonas Brothers, which celeb makes them star struck, and the one thing they can’t leave home without… ➫

TEEN DIARIES: At what age did you all start singing individually, and how was your group the Wonder Girls put together?

WG: Well, Sun was a trainee in JYP entertainment [a Korean talent agency] for the longest (over 8 years) and then Sohee came next. Then before the debut, Yenny joined the group and then Yubin soon followed! Then lastly, Lim joined the group not long ago! It’s pretty confusing right?

TEEN DIARIES: How did you or your record label come up with the name Wonder Girls?

WG: The name “Wonder Girls” was actually the name of [our] reality show (which was about making of our band) in Korea. We all liked the name so much that we decided to call ourselves the “Wonder Girls.”

TEEN DIARIES: You all are so fashionable! Where are some of your favorite places to shop online?

WG: Favorite places to shop online? Hmm… we don’t shop online a lot… we love to go shopping in NYC such as Soho, and the West Village.

TEEN DIARIES: Are your fashion styles similar to one another or do you all dress very differently on your days off?

WG: Our fashion styles are all very different. We all have different tastes in fashion. For instance, Sohee loves unique items, and Lim goes for the comfortable fashion. Lim will definitely choose sneakers over heels!

TEEN DIARIES: What was the “highlight” of touring with the Jonas Brothers?

WG: The highlight was… wow there were so many precious moments… but we’d have to say it was the day when the Jonas Brothers asked us to be on the entire tour with them (about 50 shows). We were only supposed to open for them for about 10 shows!!!

TEEN DIARIES: If you could put together your idea of the coolest tour (featuring the Wonder Girls of course) which artists/groups would be on the lineup?

WG: Hmm…Rihanna, Beyonce, Jonas Brothers… there are so many artists we’d like to add~

TEEN DIARIES: What other bands/singers (past or present) do you admire or draw inspiration from?

WG: For Sun, it’s Beyonce- she gets inspired from her powerful performance. Yenny loves Aretha Franklin and would like to meet her one day. For Lim, it is Boa because her music has really inspired her a lot – she even auditioned for JYP Entertainment with her songs!

TEEN DIARIES: Which US city has been your favorite so far and why?

WG: We all loved San Francisco, because of the clear sky and the fresh air! We also felt very peaceful and calm there :)

TEEN DIARIES: What is the one thing you can’t live without while touring?

WG: Our phones and our computers! Not just “while touring” but ALWAYS ~ Actually Yubin says she can live without a phone, but not without internet haha.

TEEN DIARIES: Sony Ericsson’s chose you girls to be their ambassadors! What are you favorite tech gadgets?

WG: It would be the Sony X10, because the design is so chic, and we love the timescale function because it always keeps us updated.

TEEN DIARIES: What has been the craziest thing a fan has ever done for any of you?

WG: While on tour in the U.S. we remember some fans that followed us to every single city… we were so thankful…

And also a non-Korean fan made us Korean food and brought [it] over to our show venue~ we were really touched… and the food tasted awesome too!

TEEN DIARIES: Do you ever get star struck meeting other celebrities? If so, who were you most excited to meet?

WG: It’s always exciting to meet other celebrities! Recently, it was Katy Perry! We were so excited to meet her at the MTV World Stage! We couldn’t believe that we were performing at the same event!

TEEN DIARIES: What has the best advice you have ever received from your parents?

WG: Hmm…….Too much to mention! :P , but one thing all our members have in common is that our parents always told us to believe in ourselves and our dreams, and be a loving person.

TEEN DIARIES: Your group has thousands of Twitter followers! Do you connect with both your American and Korean fans using Twitter? Is Twitter very popular in Korea? Are you following @TeenDiaries on Twitter yet?

WG: Yes, we connect with both American and Korean fans through twitter which I think is truly amazing and most of all, it’s fun! Twitter is starting to get more and more popular in Korea now and no.. we’re not following TeenDiaries yet~ But we would definitely love to start soon!

TEEN DIARIES: What was one thing you loved and hated about having your own reality show The Wonder Life on MTV?

WG: We always wanted to be on a reality show, because it gives us and the viewers a special connection.

But what we didn’t really like about the reality show is that sometimes (especially when we just wake up) the camera comes up too close to us! We mean TOO CLOSE!!!!! >< hehehe

TEEN DIARIES: What’s next for the Wonder Girls?

WG: We’re currently in Asia for promotion, visiting countries such as China, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan and of course Korea, but we will be back to the US soon to do some more events and to record our next album! We’re really looking forward to our new album release, right now planned for January! YAY~!

source: http://www.teendiariesonline.com/blog/?p=15639

Guest valentino_rossi46

Many of you guys dont have full collection of TBJ 2007 right? , Sunmijjang have just posted full collection for us :)

Because WGs endorsed TBJ since 2007, so i also dont have enough photos of them :)

I know most of you guys must be wondering like, “huh? 2007???”… hahaha! but believe it or not, I’ve been hunting down this collection of photos for quite sometime already, especially for the higher resolution ones. This was taken during their “Tell Me” period (yes, just when everyone was getting affected by the “Tell Me” virus), I doubt many of you would have all of the photos from this collection…

So! I’m gonna share all of the photos that I’ve collected from the 2007 Winter Photoshoot so far. Truthfully, I’m not sure if I got ALL of the photos, but I REALLY tried my best! (: enjoy!!

Click READ MORE to view the photos ^^

PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK, DO NOT ADD/REMOVE NAMES IN THE SOURCE

[source: TBJ nearby, krazyzie99@Naver, Naver, Daum, SunmiJjang.com]

tbj2007winter15.jpg

tbj2007winter4.jpg

tbj2007winter13.jpg

tbj2007winter16.jpg

tbj2007winter14.jpg

tbj2007winter1.jpg

tbj2007winter7.jpg

tbj2007winter5.jpg

tbj2007winter12.jpg

tbj2007winter2.jpg

tbj2007winter11.jpg

tbj2007winter6.jpg

tbj2007winter3.jpg

tbj2007winter9.jpg

tbj2007winter8.jpg

tbj2007winter10.jpg

Polaroid photos

tbj2007polaroid1.jpg

tbj2007polaroid2.jpg

tbj2007polaroid3.jpg

tbj2007polaroid4.jpg

tbj2007polaroid5.jpg

tbj2007polaroid6.jpg

tbj2007polaroid7.jpg

tbj2007polaroid8.jpg

tbj2007polaroid9.jpg

tbj2007polaroid10.jpg

tbj2007polaroid11.jpg

tbj2007polaroid12.jpg

tbj2007polaroid13.jpg

To be continued :)

Oh i miss Sun Ye's youthful face :(, since the girls go to US, Sun Ye's face often look very very tired, her hairstyle make her look older too :( , Sun Ye, please change new hairstyle soon ><

WG interview segment (5:48~9:57) on NextTV's 壹电视 'First Class Entertainment' 壹级娱乐

Translation summary: WG greets the camera in Chinese...the narrator acknowledges WG's efforts to learn Chinese, but notes they have lost weight vis-a-vis their April Taiwan trip. Did they work too hard in America, as the fans claimed?...Yeeun said they have been busy, but also ate proper meals & such. Their itinerary may be packed, but she reassures everyone that they will take care of themselves...the narrator talks about 'Nobody' & how WG's dances are widely imitated...Yoobin said they found the copycats very impressive & interesting...Yeeun said the copycat performances are very good & she would drop everything to watch them...the narrator said WG is awed by the Taiwan WFs' enthusiasm & hope for a full concert to better connect with them...Sunye said they are very happy with the 'Mnet Ultimate' opportunity & she would periodically stop to let the experience sink in. They hope to hold a full concert soon.

- - - - - - - -  - - -

These are the only media pics of the Zhejiang TV performance I found so far.

20100829030803019.jpg

3895333999925.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - - - - -

WG-autographed Zhejiang TV's 'Blue Giant' 蓝巨星 mascot dolls.

The pics have the official watermarks but were shared at their website's message board instead.

716e7f60db916600eaf8f85.jpg

bd6339f5c65d7861bd31095.jpg

3456930103286692267fb55.jpg

33c59854b64a115b3b29355.jpg

61876f89edf5eef70e24445.jpg

1061c007455107897a89475.jpg

8bb9c3caab67eb02f31fe75.jpg

7f96c500e80d2c55738b655.jpg

Cr: 小梁6 @ bbs.zjstv.com

Source: http://bbs.zjstv.com/viewthread.php?tid=471311 (registration required)

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Another WG-Aion launch party poster.

4fdfc5432612015773f05d8.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

3tb100826201332wl1i4036.gif

Guest icespike

just saw this comment on a forum lol:

I'm not a fan but they are without a doubt the most popular korean group in mainland china seriously everywhere you go i mean everywhere even small towns you hear nobody i swear to god my ears started to bleed, do the nobody sign trust me they will point right back at you

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^

^ Wonder Girls dont have the super large and crazy fanbase as some artist, however, im pretty sure they are 1st or 2nd Kpop popular artist in this world

Wonder Girls and Nobody is super duper popular in many countries, ye, although many people (include a lot of ppl that 30+ ) are not their die-hard fans, however, they know Nobody and WGs

I remember when i travelled China a few months ago, everytime i went to shopping malls and even when i went a pub in Guangzhou, i heard Nobody ( in 3 versions), in the pub many danced and sang along. And my Chinese friend introduce some of her friend to me and they really love Nobody, i didnt say to them Im WGs fan, when we took photo, they asked me whether i want point my finger as Nobody song, and i realized OMG they loved WGs , then i asked them did they love Kpop, they told me Nobody is the one and only Kpop song they loved :)

Keeping in real, I would attribute it more to 'Nobody' as a worldwide pop-culture phenomenon.

In many ways, the song remains more familiar than the group.

That said, I thought WG rebounded very strongly from the Sunmi setback in the 3rd quarter of 2010:

1. North American tour (plus 2 reality TV series out of it),

2. MTV World Stage (global exposure)

3. Mnet Ultimate Live (JYPE is set to gain from Mnet's feud with SM), 

4. Universal Music distribution (in Asia, hopefully the USA too), 

5. China visibility (HunanTV & ZhejiangTV are the top 2-3 broadcasters in the country, & WG ranking among the most-searched topics indicates the public interest).

JYPE & WG have been very strategic in the past few months &, I will say it again, the August 21 evening was the spectacular pinnacle: MTV Season 4 airing in Korea, Hunan TV 'Happy Camp' airing in China, MTV World Stage premiering in SE Asia, WG headlining Mnet Ultimate Live in Taiwan. Hwaiting!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

New splash page at the official site.

screenhunter06aug300334.gif

Source: http://wondergirlsworld.com/

Wow, there is a lot of fan interest in the "Guess what Lim said" contest too.

400 comments/answers in 5 hours. Plus about another 80 comments & 250 likes at WG's Facebook.

Sources: http://wondergirlswo...-lim-%E2%99%A5/

http://www.facebook....rlsworld?v=wall

Guest Mia_Mia

Sunye updated her twitter...poor baby has some sort of rash on her face!

아.. 아토피가 도졌어요 ㅠㅠㅠㅠ그것도 on my face!!!

42 minutes ago via twidroid

@TWWFfangchun im not that busy!im jus trying to!!haha hope u have a wonderful day♥

44 minutes ago via twidroid in reply to TWWFfangchun

@yujiewg dangran!!^^

about 1 hour ago via twidroid in reply to yujiewg

2PM's choreographer even tweeted her about it

@WGsun 그럼 너두 이제 설마.... 유기농????

29 minutes ago via 파랑새 in reply to WGsun

credit wgsun and NYPark79 twitter

Guest i.said.goodbye

WOW she looks SO gorgeous! Her eyes are so beautiful.

Is this recent?

Thanks for sharing :)

Sunye updated her twitter...poor baby has some sort of rash on her face!

I just noticed this! lol

Does Sunye have a rash on her face? hmmm I wonder where it came from. I hope she gets some cream for it.

I have no doubt that out Leader still looks pretty.. even with the rash :P

Archived