Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest XxSwt Lilo LuverxX

exr pics look so pretty,

but does anyone else notice that sunye opens her mouth alot in photoshoots ? i think its like her trademark pose :D

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

WG's Taiwan press conference is on Thursday, 1pm according to the infamous tabloid Apple Daily.

Wow, that afternoon is going to be really congested, cuz the itinerary has them recording 2 TV shows at 2pm & 5pm next.

PS. Don't take the rude article headline to heart. The original Chinese is actually more flippant.

("Tai-ke" 台客 refers the once-derogatory, now-empowering "commoner" youngsters who grew up on Western, Japanese & now Korean influences. Female equivalent is "Tai-mei" 台妹.)

vd05jd.png

Source: http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/...ssueID/20100420

WONDERGIRLS is coming tomorrow, hurriedly skims the fat to meet the Tai-ke's

2010-4-20 Apple Daily

WONDERGIRLS is arriving in Taiwan tomorrow/ Group member Sohee is early looking forward to it. Yonhap agency

[Chen Ying / roundup] Korean group WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame in Asia is scheduled to take the CX421 flight tomorrow & reach Taiwan at 11:05am. Group member Sohee who at 1.65m tall & weighing 45kg is already very slim, yet is allegedly not thin enough. She eats only chicken breast & boiled vegetables, & even pulls in new member Lim to diet together.

Sohee & the other 4 team members are visiting Taiwan for the first time, hoping to give local fans the most perfect impression, & thus decided to lose weight.

Fan gathering on Friday

They will hold a press conference at 1pm on Thursday at the Grand Hyatt hotel. At the CPcity Living Mall fan gathering at 7pm on Friday, they will belt out 'Nobody Chinese Version' together with the fans. For details, please see http://tinyurl.com/y5xnrdz

Guest Mia_Mia

amazing k-wonderfuls as usual supporting the girls by buying all their endorsements

bbe7c1f8091219003eddy11.jpg

bbe7c1f8091219008eddy11.jpg

bbe7c1f8091219001eddy11.jpg

bbe7c1f8091219002eddy11.jpg

423299068878a8fe27efo.jpg

GORGEOUS in Gold...wish there was a clearer picture of this

20100223013b223b08.jpg

an extra 2ye by BBQ

pop002g.jpg

20091231203b243b12.jpg

Guest qoxie

Picture collage of the rumored new JYP girl group. Total 18 pics, purportedly taken in March.

Not directly WG-related, so I'm posting only the link: http://i42.tinypic.com/2vd0lug.png

I recognize Lim's former groupmate Meng Jia (right top).

The side profile of the girl at 3rd down on the right also looks a bit like another JYP SISTER Fei Fei, but I do not see her in the other shots so not sure.

One of the girls look very young & adorable: the resident maknae?

Another is very photogenic like Sunmi.

Yet another with the aegyo gestures looks like whatshername from SNSD.

W馒头爱G @ Baidu posted the individual pics if you want them: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=753056457

She said that the total members (possibly as low as 3) have not been decided.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

2e14tuc.png

Source: Yahoo Taiwan

WONDERGIRLS to showcase 'Nobody Chinese Version' in Taiwan; Sohee, Lim earmarked to eat dark meat-less meals

Yahoo Taiwan update: 2010/04/19 19:44 correspondent Chien Li-Yen roundup

WONDERGIRLS is on the verge of arriving in Taiwan on April 21 for a 4-day, 3-night promotional tour. Group members Sohee & Lim are frenziedly spurning dark meat while eating boiled chicken, boiled eggs & boiled vegetables every day, in hopes of producing the best physique. Fully motivated, they even got their record company to request the same from the hotel while in Taiwan.

For this 4-day, 3-night promotional tour, in addition to holding a press conference to meet the local media, their April 23 evening event at the CPcity Living Mall shall be their only public appearance during the trip. They are scheduled to perform 'Nobody Chinese Version,' & the group members have also revealed to have prepared a little pleasant surprise for Taiwan fans. For further details, please contact Universal Music's official website.

- - - - - - -

Hi. I'm new to all this, but I love the Wonder Girls.

I was just wondering if there was a fanclub meet up at the Korean Music Festival for WG?

If anyone can help, can u pls msg me details?

Thanks =D

Soompi usually have concert-themed threads. You might want to explore the network & see about hooking up with fellow K-pop fans.

The WGspectacle forum also usually create rendezvous threads for WG events, if you want to hang out only with WFs.

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Thanks Mia_Mia for translating some of Hyerim's 100 questions and sharing the unofficial seating plan for DC.=)

I'm glad she was offered doing that because we get to find out more about her.

I think it would be good if Wonder Girls had another program so we could find out more about her and how the group are right now. But then again they're going to be so busy this year.

I hope WonderFuls get a larger seating area because 2 is not enough. =(

And thanks Mia_Mia again for the pics of the products the girls are endorsing.

The cups look so cool. I don't drink coffee (sorry sunye. I know you love coffee) but I would buy one just so I could keep the cup. LMAO!

Guest songbird86

Glad everything is on track, with the girls. Soon there's going to be an explosion of all things Wonder Girls. And with a mini-album and (possible) full album, I think I'm going to be spoiled. If we pre-ordered do we get both?

@qoxie- thanks for the pictures, I've been waiting for them to debut forever. Do they have a soompi thread yet? I would love more information.

Guest talksound

61 how about using chinese to answer?

interesting (?) (this literally translates to 'has meaning', but i think the meaning is that it's good, interesting)

62 is there anything special you want to do recently? what is it?

go to the movies with friends

63 what habits do you have when you sleep?

i need a lot of pillows with me

64 if you have a lover, where would you want to go with him?

go to hong kong together!! haha

65 if there was an airplane that allowed you to go to another planet, what would you want to say to the aliens?

i wouldn't take to aliens..! haha :)

66 if you just woke up and found out you became jyp, what would you do?

ah...... i've never thought about it!! haha

67 do you usually stay up late to go online?

these past few days.. yea..!

68 if you had time during practice what would you do?

see my mom and dad~ :) / friends..! OR watch movies

69 what is the background of your phone recently?

full of hearts

70 what is your ringtone?

iyaz-replay

72 do you like your life right now?

yea!

73what is your personality like?

hm.. sensitive, kind of shy

75 what's your lucky number?

none!

77 what country would you like to vacation to? why?

australia!!! ><

79 when do you feel you are the weakest?

i feel weak when people i love feel sad

80 at this time who would you find to talk/chat?

family

81 do you have any personal dishes you cook well?

sorry, i have none...~!

82 when you're on break at home what would you do?

play!!!

83 do you feel tired answering these questions?

haha

92 what is your favorite fruit?

mango, strawberry

92 if you had a hundred million dollars, what would you do with it?

buy a house...? maybe...

95 if you got married, would you have children? 2?

haha

97 what do you want to say to yourself?

don't give up and always do your best!

98 what do you want to say to your trainee sisters/friends?

i love you guys! haha

99 what do you want to say to your parents?

thank you and sorry.. really!! i love you

100 what do you want to say to your fans? (please use all languages.... hahahaha)

thank you all so much for your love and support! i always appreciate it~ really thank you guys & i love you all!

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

slrigrednow – thanks for sharing all those fun facts about Wonder Girls. it’s really interesting to find out more about the interests of our girls. ooh.. so Lim’s favourite movie is Devil Wears Prada?

It’s quite funny because I made a post just some time ago about how So Hee would fit right in with the movie Devil Wears Prada because she’s such a fashionista. Now it’s Lim who likes the movie! :D LOL! Limabean & I have an affinity. ;)

So Hee’s favourite movie is one of my favourite movies too. <3 2Ye like tearjerkers while Binnie goes for the war based movies eh? Really interesting! I feel like I know the girls better after reading all these little snippets of their likes & dislikes. :)

but does anyone else notice that sunye opens her mouth alot in photoshoots ? i think its like her trademark pose :D

ROFL! :lol: I noticed that too! true. That seems to be Sun Ye’s trademark pose in photoshoots. She looks gorgeous either way so I don’t find that habit of hers much of a hindrance. :)

Mia_Mia – thanks for sharing the questions & the replies to them by Lim. I like her english name Christina though I think Hye Rim suits her more. aww.. how cute! Lim’s nickname is little apple. all the 3 of Lim’s favourite actresses are my favourite actresses too! Limabean makes me like her more & more every time! <3

The 2Ye bonus picture of BBQ is adorable. :blush:

I totally agree with you about the seating arrangements for Dream Concert 2010. I mean I don’t want to be unreasonable & demand that Wonderfuls be given 20 blocks or something but 4 would be adequate. :) 2 blocks is just too little & it seems rather insincere since the DC people seemed so eager to get Wonder Girls on their show. :rolleyes:

Guest talksound

i want the wonder girls to be saved for last! they better. they've been gone for so long, and they're pretty much the sunbaes of that long list of idol groups! (not including hyori, rain obviously)

and is the dream concert performance their comeback? like first perf. back in korea?

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

and is the dream concert performance their comeback? like first perf. back in korea?

I think so. wasn't there an article some time ago that said that the comeback performance of Wonder Girls was going to be the crux/climax of Dream Concert 2010? if that article is true then I guess it's highly probably that the performance at Dream Concert will be 1st time Wonder Girls perform in South Korea after thier long hiatus from kpop. :)

@slrigrednow thanks for the fun facts.

Sohee likes 'Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind?' that's quite a pick -- I'd dare to say an intellectual one <3

And Yubin... 'Platoon'? I'm impressed, the movie is old and is not easy to watch & appreciate. Respect!! <3

haha yes, these movie choices seem to leak out a lot more of each member's personality. Wonder minds^^

---

Thanks so much @Mia_Mia & @talksond, the 100 questions of Hye Rim are cool.

Answer #14 (the motto) is so much JYPE trainees -- The man always picks serious and motivated people.

So the next 5 days will be all activities. Can't wait.

Guest qoxie

2l3tpt.png

Source: TVBS Taiwan

"NOBODY is here!" Korean girl group arrives in Taiwan tomorrow

Music fans are flipping happy! Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS is coming to Taiwan tomorrow! 'Nobody' was a hit throughout Asia & even reached the USA's Billboard Top 100, thus becoming a miracle in Asian music. The recent addition of a new member from China [sic] is obviously intended to help break into the Chinese market. WONDERGIRLS can be said to be a successful export of South Korea's creative music industry.

'Nobody' is musically famous worldwide. Korean girl group WONDERGIRLS's wonder wind is blowing into Taiwan soon!

To say WONDERGIRLS is a wonder girl group is not really an exaggeration. They debuted in 2007 & immediately became famous everywhere in Korea with 'Tell Me'. In 2008, 'Nobody' pushed WONDERIRLS to the summit, & sweeping not merely the whole of Asia. In 2009, it entered the USA's Billboard Top 100 of popular songs. There was even an English-version MV that officially advanced into the American music scene.

The world was in awe: how did WONDERGIRLS do it, how did Koreans do it? 5 girls, each of them young & pretty, with graceful figures, & the ability to sing & dance. Sunye, Yeeun, Yoobin, Sunmi, Sohee: the epitome of South Korean beauties. Group member Sunmi exited during February 2010. New member Lim is from China. [sic] It is obvious the Korean music industry is intending to break into the Chinese market.

Listening to WONDERGIRLS's 3 winning songs, the hardsell is a brisk tempo, trendy hip-hop electronic music, & also 1980s-retro style, etc. In integrating enjoyable elements into the production, they typically leave every listener in a happy mood, while also catchy enough for them to recite.

In contrast, Taiwan music's strong emphasis on singing skills, or the repressed-feeling delivery style, are said by music commentators to sometimes encumber the listeners. As well, Taiwan music continuously lacks affinitive sounds that are easy & delightful to the ear. It just so happens to be WONDERGIRLS's aptitude. In bringing merriment to the listeners, this is a significant factor in WONDERGIRLS's fame countrywide.

Reviewed: 2010/4/21 00:27

Guest Mia_Mia

no need to thank me :) .. and *bluebutterfly* it was actually qoxie who shared the seating plan, not me ^^ ... great the other questions about lim got translated too thanks to talksound

unseen pictures..

minahn (whoo... they were in love even back then..lol.. hyunah and joo are in the picture too)

jqqqz9.jpg

sohee while shooting the movie poster... omg... mandoo!!

x8v4j.jpg

got loads of unseen yeeun pictures :) (these are old!)

2rnitcn.jpg

with her elder sis

263a2bs.jpg

with her mom

9qelp2.jpg

290pvt2.jpg

ayq4us.jpg

Guest vietboi_tuan

YeEun and her sister look exactly the same.

I guess the whole family have perfect pearly white skin.

I love the see old pictures of the girls training cause

you get to see how far they have come and accomplished

so so much!

If you haven't pre-ordered the new Wonder Girls album.

Please do so because it have lowered in price.

http://wondercdpresale.com/index.php?main_...dex&cPath=1

Guest `starry.night

If that's all the seating that KWonderFuls are getting that's bs.

Dream concert organizers where so desperate to get the girls on and they only get 2 blocks?

I hope that's not the right seating chart because the girls deserves more fans there.

Guest Mia_Mia

WG at the airport in Taiwan... Binnie is looking WOW!... no sign of small leader minjookie though.. seems like they gave interviews the moment they landed..wow.. crazy media presence at the aiport... Lim has her hair down!! <3

f858f5aaafdadc89cb130c1.jpg

media and fans waiting for WG's arrival at the airport

1ca1680338e6213e1c95830.jpg

bb082826c926f9394d088d5.jpg

credit katyhwang @ sunyebaidu

Guest seulgi&siwonlovers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiitScWL3iE

*I can’t find the download link. Sorry. If anyone here knows how to input eng subtitle on the video please do so. I really don’t know how. All I can do is find the eng translation. YouTube lack a lot of ENG WG video, so I was hoping to contribute something. So if someone who can help me, Thank you very much. I miss the girls and I want more people to convert into a Wonderful.

WG Sunmi – Invitation (ENG)

Here’s the lyric.

0:25 – 0:28 I’m waiting for you today

0:29 – 0:33 I’m waiting for you all day and night

0:34 – 0:38 There is only two of us here tonight

0:39 – 0:42 I’m waiting for you to come to me now

0:43 – 0:47 Don’t need you to turn off the light

0:48 – 0:52 And you don’t have to say a word

0:53 – 0:57 everything seems to belong to me

0:58 – 1:00 Please close your eyes

1:01 – 1:06 And come next to me

1:07 – 1:10 We are embracing each other tightly

1:11 – 1:12 With my heart

1:13 – 1:14 With my smile

1:15 – 1:16 With my look and with my touch

1:17 – 1:20 I’ll have you tonight

1:21 – 1:42 *Dance Break*

1:43 – 1:47 Please come to me now

1:48 – 1:51 We are embracing each other tightly

1:52 – 1:53 With my heart

1:54 – 1:55 With my smile

1:56 – 1:57 With my look and with my touch

1:58 – 2:00 I’ll have you tonight

If you’re going to put this translations on the video just credit me. Thank you. There's more to come...:)

Guest Mia_Mia

wow.. seems like WG's arrival was LIVE NEWS! ... some blurry pictures of the news segment shown of their arrival... I thought only foreign dignitaries got that sort of media coverage but then we are talking about the wonder girls.. impossible is nothing for these ladies!!

you can see yubin, yeeun, sunye and lim

22098998.jpg

49196936.jpg

59340370.jpg

credit katyhwang @ sunyebaidu

Guest i.said.goodbye

Thanks for posting Mia

They all look so gorgeous especially Yubin...

But honestly it doesn't feel the same when one of them is not there especially Sunye!!

Hopefully she is there but she just didn't appear in the pictures.

Edit: NVM Sunye is there :D :D :D :D :D

Guest vietboi_tuan

SunYe is there. Even how blurry those pictures are, I can tell that it's

SunYe's hair. ahahah YooBin's hair is really red and she look so sexy!

Look at all those media coverage. Wonder Girls dominating Taiwan

now. YES. One place at a time (so quickly though) Wonder Effects!

Archived