Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Disclaimer: Partly gisted, mostly guessed by EverythingLBH. Feel free to inform of any correction in case necessary. Thankyou.

June 7, 2009

Lee Byunghun: 3 Movies to open in 3 Months

2009movies2.jpg

3 of Hallyu star Lee Byunghun's latest movies are set to enter Japanese theaters this summer of 2009. Starting from June till August, there will be a continuous flow of Byunghun movies to watch in Japan. 'I Come With The Rain' which opens on June 6 will be followed by GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra on August 7 as well as the Korean Western blockbuster 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' on August 29. This will truly be a treat for all Lee Byunghun's fans in Japan.

First to open is 'I Come With The Rain' (ICWTR), a thriller noir by French-US production helmed by the Vietnamese director boosting an ensemble of Hollywood and Asian top actors including Josh Hartnett, Takuya Kimura and Shawn Yue. Lee Byunghun plays a ruthless gangster boss with a weak point for love of his girlfriend.

An exclusive Red Carpet event for ICWTR's world premiere was held in Midtown Tokyo on May 27th with a huge number of fans participating plus an array of international media covering the movie promotion.

As ICWTR will be released in Korea and elsewhere, Lee Byunghun' Hollywood debut in GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra will be simultaneously released around the world including Japan on August 7th. The actor who played the double agent ninja expert for the Cobra team called Storm Shadow will appear in white mask as the original character as well as without the mask on in some of the action scene.

The international release of GI Joe will certainly bring Lee Byunghun and the cast of the blockbuster movie on promotional tours in Asia.

Finally, the Kimchi western blockbuster of "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" also starring Song Kang Ho and Jung Woo Sung will open nationwide in Japan on August 29. The movie which was released last year in Korea will be shown in 100 theaters across the country according to CJ Entertainment as the movie's main distributor on June 4th with a possibility that the number of release point could increase.

Currently, the actor is busy filming the much-anticipated comeback tv series "IRIS' that have been set to air in Korea in September. Tentatively, the high-action drama series will be aired by TBS in December or early next year in Japan.

Lee Byung Hun mentioned that the agencies handling the promotions of the movies, which will be screening one after the other have been planned to work side by side in order to deliver the smooth promotion for the Japanese audience. Ongoing filming of IRIS is an important factor in adjusting the overall packed schedule for Lee Byung Hun.

Source: asiae.co.kr

As it's already 2.30 am here :mellow: .. I'll keep my excitement down and write a lot more tomorrow, hopefully. :lol:

Thanks so much Sung-ja, really appreciate the movie highlight.. waaaaaahhh.. so very envious of you! Maybe you could write comments for the movie at JOFC.. BH would certainly want to know what the fans/audience think of his acting.

Is BH given a reasonable dialogue for ICWTR? and the screen-time?

What a great day too.. getting ICWTR goodies from the Department store.. even if it rains, makes my day just nice! :wub:

After I saw the movie I saw the TV interview with my friends and it became a big discussion, why BH asked such a question to JH? :o

Maybe what occupies his brain is Marriage Marriage Marriage right now. :huh: Maybe he already has a plan! :wacko: Or he is feeling a lot of pressure that he has to marry soon etc. :blink:

Many fans relieved when they saw the Japanese translation, “Me Too.“ :sweatingbullets:

But I think the translation was wrong.

To me, he sounded “I don’t think so. “ too. Therefore JH looked at BH as if he surprised with his eyes open a bit wider.

Is the tv interview a live show or pre-recorded? If it's pre-recorded (which looks like one).. I would have to think that the completely different translation was provided (by his Agent?!) to ease the fans' anticipation.. considering that BH had said something right out of his heart, intentionally or otherwise.. rather than his usually sensible mind. :sweatingbullets:

It's really not ordinary.. with such marriage-able question.. and on air.. :huh: "I don't think so" fits the response to JH's answer while "Me too" sounds weird because it was supposed to be a question for Josh and not BH.

Dear Byunghun-ssi.. what were you really thinking of?

June 8, 2009

今週の一面:日韓米3大スターがそろってプレミアに

'Rain' in Roppongi

20090605wek00m040001000.jpg

About 660 invited guests and 3,000 fans were at Tokyo Midtown in Roppongi on May 27 for the world premiere of "I Come With the Rain," a French movie featuring stars from Japan, South Korea and the United States.

Kimura Takuya, a member of the Japanese singing group SMAP, is in the role of a man who has the supernatural ability of feeling the pain of others. He stars alongside Korean actor Lee Byung‐hun, American Josh Hartnett and Tran Nu Yen Khe from Vietnam.

All four actors appeared in front of screaming fans in Tokyo's Roppongi district. During the lavish media show, they walked along on a cross‐shaped red carpet and waved at people in the crowd.

"I'm really happy that an event like this could be staged in Japan," Kimura said.

He added that during shooting in the Philippines, he and the crew experienced a frightening incident when a soldier tasked with providing security on the set aimed his gun toward them.

In the movie, directed by Tran Anh Hung, Kimura's character goes missing and his father hires a private investigator and former detective, played by Hartnett, to find him. The PI enlists the help of a buddy from his detective days to locate the missing man.

The movie is the second time for Kimura to co‐star with Lee, following "HERO" in 2007. "It was like spending time with an old friend," said Lee, who plays a Mafia boss in his latest movie.

Tran, a French director of Vietnamese ancestry, gained acclaim for "The Scent of Green Papaya" in 1993, which won the Camera d'or at Cannes. He followed up with "Cyclo" two years later, which received the Golden Lion award at the Venice Film Festival.

Tran's next project is "Norwegian Wood," based on a popular novel by Murakami Haruki. (Story by Hosoda Naoko)

Source: mainichi.jp

Thanks to the highlight at PlanetBH0712

2009.6.6 アイ・カム・ウィズ・ザ・レイン (clip courtesy reiko712)

Watch the youtube2.jpg STREAMING HERE

ic1t.jpg

ic6d.jpg

Can anyone zoom in on the new pendant?

Yupyup.. rubie is always looney about his accessories. :P

And ohh.. doesn't he look sooooooo yummy in the smart white jacket? :wub:

ic7.jpg

ic5.jpg

LBH by Josh Hartnett

I've seen all Lee's movies so I know what to expect when I met him.

He was incredibly gracious, wise as well as very hardworking and really funny.

He's not at all like the characters he plays, which are very intense.. scary. He's a funny guy.

ic2x.jpg

ic3e.jpg

ic4.jpg

In a lighthearted moment, it's so cute & funny to see (guessing from the clip) that BH's most difficult ICWTR filming were the love scenes especially kissing the leading lady so passionately, in front of her director-husband. :P I think the director replied that the intense desire is an important point of the storyline which the situation calls for.

Wonder what else was being talked by BH and the French-speaking director.. first time seeing him on screen, especially when BH was laughing so heartily over something about the director. :D Is he thinking about marriage again?

ps: looks like most of the female tv commentors for this particular segment were raving so excitedly about Byunghun-ssi, what about? :rolleyes:

LEE BYUNG HUN SHOOTS DOWN THE EIFFEL TOWER?

photo88801.jpg

New film, "G.I. Joe" casted Lee Byeong-Heon as the antagonist who shoots down the Eiffel Tower in France!

This Hollywood film has received the MTV Movie Award and released the trailer where Lee's face was shown for the first time with a great action scene!

Lee's character, Storm Shadow is part of the Cobra team as well as the double agent who gives G.I. Joe the information.

This film will be released in August 7th.

Source : news.cyworld.com

Credit : Hancinema

LBH is guesting with Josh Hartnett and Takuya Kimura in SmapxSmap show in FUji TV now. SO funny. He arm wrestled with Goro (I think it's Goro...) so funny. He took off his suit and showed off his muscle tee...and muscles! YAY! LBH won of course.

LBH is guesting with Josh Hartnett and Takuya Kimura in SmapxSmap show in FUji TV now. SO funny. He arm wrestled with Goro (I think it's Goro...) so funny. He took off his suit and showed off his muscle tee...and muscles! YAY! LBH won of course.

Wow! You have access to Japanese tv stations, zashi? :w00t: How fabulous! Can't wait to watch the SxS clip.. whatever and whenever available for sharing later. :lol: *pleasepleaseplease!*

Gosh.. they made him armwrestle Goro Shingo.. BH loves armwrestling.. his specialty. :P

Btw.. this is just the guest segment.. not Bistrio Smap, right?

Guest ylin

Here's the vod of the SMAPxSMAP, as it was recorded from the web, the picture is LQ and the sound is also a bit delayed. Let's live with this version first until a better one is being shared by other Hunnies.

Our thanks to yc@bhjwlove for sharing.

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/j...t=lbh_toAVI.flv

p.s. I think the person who arm wrestled with BH and JH was Katori Shingo :)

Here's the vod of the SMAPxSMAP, as it was recorded from the web, the picture is LQ and the sound is also a bit delayed. Let's live with this version first until a better one is being shared by other Hunnies.

Our thanks to yc@bhjwlove for sharing.

http://s715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/j...t=lbh_toAVI.flv

OMG! It's the SMAP comedy skit that they put BH & JH in. :w00t: I forgot how hilariously crazy the sketches were. :P And it's not Goro who armwrestled with BH.. but Shingo.. he's the youngest and biggest (in size) among the 5 SMAP guys. :D And BH won because he's really good at it.. although I think Shingo was acting as a big-sized lady who likes BH. :lol: He kinda makes Josh a bit afraid at the beginning.. with all the touching, etc.. So nice to see BH so sporting. ^^

This is awesome sharing, ylin.. well done.. I thought we'd have to wait till a few days to watch the clip. It's not too bad, the visual+audio.. sometimes we even had nothing to watch.. relying on imagination only, so this is really good & most of all, heartwarming sharing. Thanks to yc, too. :wub:

It's working, can you refresh your page and click on the play button?

WOW! This clip is so awesome :w00t: .. I wonder what Shingo said to Byunghun-ssi that made him LOLed so many times. :lol: BH is really at ease with the Japanese language.. he knew what's been said without waiting for the translator to tell him. Josh looked a bit too terrified when Shingo touched him everywhere :lol: but BH was so accomodating.. it's so hilarious how she-Shingo would try to touch BH's muscles/legs/arms at every chance "she" got. :P A really cool sharing, ylin-hunnie. Merci!

I've got the clip to share but it's better to cut the singing segment at the end first. I know Ching told me how to.. long ago.. but the blurrpanda that I am.. needs to be reminded constantly.. :blush: .. if anyone could teach how to edit a video clip? Can we do it on a Window Media Classic? Or if someone already done it?

Hi Rubie and fellow hunnies :D How y'all doing?

I'm back in time for LBH's birthday and will make sure to get working on some graphics to share pronto!

Another clearer and longer version of the VOD :D

http://www.tudou.com/v/cADqmQjbwms

Hilarious vid ylin! :lol: Thanks so much for sharing. I wish I knew what they were saying lol Josh and our Hunnie look great :wub: I have heard that ICWTR isn't getting a European release *insert profanity here* But haven't read anything official yet.

I have managed to get me a copy of GBW and will be watching it later on tonight :w00t: I'll let you know what I think. Anyone else seen it yet?

Guest kimchibabe

Another clearer and longer version of the VOD :D

http://www.tudou.com/v/cADqmQjbwms

As always, this is great sharing Ylin! BH looks so adorable having a great time in the show. I got infected by his laughter...such a fun show! And he was so body-licious in the arm wrestling. He's really kept himself fit and trim. Love him! :P

Hi Rubie and fellow hunnies :D How y'all doing?

I'm back in time for LBH's birthday and will make sure to get working on some graphics to share pronto!

Hilarious vid ylin! :lol: Thanks so much for sharing. I wish I knew what they were saying lol Josh and our Hunnie look great :wub: I have heard that ICWTR isn't getting a European release *insert profanity here* But haven't read anything official yet.

I have managed to get me a copy of GBW and will be watching it later on tonight :w00t: I'll let you know what I think. Anyone else seen it yet?

Hi H! So good to see you, girl-hunter! *big hug* Been missing you lots. It's really a relief to read someone mentioning BH's birthday other than this foolish PNG panda endless rambling. :lol: can't wait to see your graphics soon. Hope others are sharing as well.. even if still too shy to say anything. Come on everyone.. it's not for rubie :P nonono, neva!.. it's all for BH.

Don't forget to share your thoughts about GBW with us later.. that would be so cool! :lol:

Btw.. thanks to the sharing at 'Byunghun of our Hearts'

ic3e.jpg

^ hope I got the correct capture + caption, no wonder BH felt so awkward & pressured filming the love scene ^^

Hips

June 8, 2009 at 9:42 pm

[4:14] The director said that it was very strange for him too because there were on the film set his children and his mother-in-law ^^”

StarBuck

June 8, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Actually it is now confirmed, ICWTR will be wide released in Russia on September 17th, 2009. The Russians are so lucky!!!

Previously related entries

ICWTR tv interview, warm words [X]]

Busy Hunnie, Summer Movies [X]

[iCWTR] An interview too reel? [X]

ICWTR Topless Trio [X]

Byunghun on SMAPxSMAP [X]

Red Carpet Stars & Confetti [X]

ICWTR Red-Hot Premiere [X]

Here with BH, share your wishes! [X]

ICWTR tease of beautiful men [X]

ICWTR Japan teaser up & running [X

ICWTR poster and info [X]

So sorry.. blurpanda totally missed this the first time :sweatingbullets: thanks to the highlight at Lucky Number Josh. :blush:

Friday, June 5, 2009

Blood is the new black

By KAORI SHOJI

Vietnamese filmmaker Tran Anh Hung has a distinctive, high-contrast track record.

I Come With The Rain

Rating: (3 out of 5)

ff20090605a2a.jpg

Go, go, gore: Byung Hun Lee in "I Come With the Rain"

© LAM DUC HIEN

Director: Tran Anh Hung

Running time: 114 minutes

Language: English

Opens June 6, 2009

Tran's debut feature "The Scent of Green Papaya" (1993) was a Vietnamese/Proustian rush of Saigon nostalgia circa late 1950s when life was slow and contemplative, and not so entrenched in war.

Two years later his eagerly awaited second work caught fans off guard — thinking they were in for another impeccably languid depiction of old Vietnam, instead they were assaulted by a brutal fable called "Cyclo" (1995).

Then five years went by and Tran came out with "The Vertical Ray of Light" (2001), gemlike in its perfected attention to detail, about three Hanoi sisters immersed in impossibly romantic lives.

It followed that film No. 4 would probably be an exercise in Asian edge once more. Indeed, Tran adheres to that alternating pattern of beauty-beastly-beauty, with the monstrous "I Come With the Rain" premiering in Japan tomorrow.

To describe "I Come With the Rain" as violent would be a miss-service. It's horrifically, perversely brutish, wallowing in a cloying blood pool of sado-masochism. At the same time, the film is spankingly stylish and heavily philosophical — Anh (now in his late 40s) was a philosophy major in college and a certain questioning pensiveness (albeit one wrapped in designer threads) has always permeated his stories. "I Come With the Rain" is like that. Though it deals with religious symbolism (at one point a man is crucified on a makeshift cross after the contents of an automatic are emptied at close range right into his gut), the story cross-examines rather than makes any giant leaps of faith. And for all the references to Christ and the New Testament (the rather obvious appearance of an Asian Mary Magdalene is a prime example), there's never a single mention of a Higher Power.

There is however, a Father — unseen and heard only over an intercom speaker.

This Father lords over a pharmaceutical conglomerate but a phobia of contamination restricts all forms of communication, even with his only son, mini cooperao, whom he has not seen in person since the boy was 10. Now in his 30s, mini cooperao (Takuya Kimura) has gone missing in the Philippines where he had been helping in an orphanage. The father-son relationship is only hinted at but it seems that Father had spent his life avoiding mankind while mini cooperao had done his best to get as close as possible to people and their pain.

Temporarily shelving their differences, Father hires ex-LAPD cop Kline (Josh Hartnett) to go get mini cooperao.

Kline has nightmares of his own: Memories of a serial murderer whose specialty was dissecting his victims' limbs while they were still alive, then reassembling them into installation sculptures. But he flies out to Asia and the trail takes him to Hong Kong where a former buddy cop Meng Zi (Shawn Yue) promises to help. But they're both distracted in the search by mafia boss Su Dongpo (Byung Hun Lee), who's making trouble for the underworld, triggered by an overriding passion for his junkie girlfriend Lili (Tran Nu Yen Khe).

Typical of all Tran's films, the plot is almost beside the point — "I Come With The Rain" is a triumph of ambience over content. The viewer tours a netherworld drawn up to the exact aesthetic measurements of Tran Anh Hung where everything — from the peculiar texture of a single noodle strand to a blood- spattered wall surrounded by jungle botanica — is a precisely matched puzzle piece that forms a whole, discernible mood. That the mood instigates nothing but a queasy terror is purely intentional — Tran aims only to disturb and disgust. The capper is an execution scene of man made to step into a plastic body bag, neatly zipped up and then beaten to death with a hammer. No mess, no fuss: a sardonic combination of Asian efficiency and Cartesian, time-saving logic.

Source: japantimes.co.jp

June 9, 2009

Hope someone can provide an accurate gist on this latest update, every sharing is greatly appreciated ^^

Not particularly familiar with Korean/Japanese/Chinese, I always have a bit of problem differentiating the correct dates and numbers from the Korean content. :sweatingbullets: Hope someone can clarify the accurate & important info to share with all.

Also, always and ardent wish & hope everyone anticipating IRIS.. do share drama related info with us..

이병헌, 10일 헝가리行..7월 美 프로모션 시작

전형화 기자 | 2009/06/09 08:29

배우 이병헌이 블록버스터 드라마 '아이리스' 촬영을 위해 헝가리로 떠난다.

이병헌은 10일 헝가리로 출국, 현지에서 약 한 달간 '아이리스' 촬영에 들어간다. 올 초 일본에서 3주간 드라마 촬영을 했던 그는 부다페스트를 비롯해 헝가리의 곳곳을 오가며 촬영에 매진할 계획이다.

이번 출국에는 이병헌을 비롯해 김태희 김소연 등 '아이리스' 팀이 대거 출국, 헝가리에서 한류 열기를 지필 예정이다. 이병헌 김태희 김승우 정준호 김소연 유민 등 초호화 캐스팅을 자랑하는 '아이리스'는 국가안전국을 배경으로 한 특수요원들의 이야기로 9월 첫 전파를 탄다.

한편 이병헌은 6월 한 달간 드라마에 매진한 뒤 7월에는 할리우드 영화 'G.I.조' 프로모션에 돌입한다. 그는 미국에서 'G.I.조' 프로모션을 가진 뒤 한국과 일본을 비롯한 아시아 투어에 돌입, 한류스타로서 면모를 과시할 계획이다.

Lee Byung Hun & IRIS left for Hungary filming

Actor Lee Byung-hun, and the blockbuster drama 'IRIS' production crew has left for Hungary for the foreign location filming.

Lee Byung-hun, scheduled to leave Hungary on the 10th, for about a month filming IRIS in the European country.

The drama which started shooting in Japan earlier in March for 3 weeks will now take place in Budapest, Hungary with filming the major scenes. LBH, KTH and KSY are said to leave together for Hungary.

Source: star.mt.co.kr

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAScAgDH6-s

From guessing, BH appeared unprepared or (caught off guard) with a personal? question he had to ask Josh Harnett.. a bit strange all that he came up with was a girlfriend??? question instead which JH answered 'nope' straightaway. Isn't that a Q&A 101 no-no? At least JH asked TK about the latter's fave Hollywood actor, as cliched as it may sound.

Anyhoo.. it's nothing to note too much, silly rubie ramble.. just a wild guess on the interview clips. Feel free to correct anything, like I said.. merely second-guessing from watching the clip with no inkling whatsoever on the questions and answers being asked..

Looks like fun, yeah.. looks like a good interaction & cool fun between the actors.

A belated translation, thanks to Japanese angels who helped to translate. :P:lol:

LBH and KiMura/木村

木村:僕的にはビョンホンさんはハンパじゃない。

女性だったら全員触れたいんじゃないですかね。

Mr.LBH is really something.

Wouldn't all the women like to touch him? 

LBHi: ありがとうございます。

プライベートでの木村さんは、同じ男性から見ても魅力的な人です。

Thank you very much.

Even if it's judged from the man’s point of view, in private,

Mr. Kimura is an attractive person.

木村:ありがとうございます。

台詞をどのように(どうやって)覚えていますか?

Kimura: Thank you very much.

How do you memorize the script? 

LBH:覚えるというよりは、シーンごとでの感情を覚えるんだ。

感情の流れを覚えると台詞は自然と頭に入るよ。

※ I memorize emotions for each scene, rather than memorizing the script.

Then, the script comes naturally.

from LBH to Josh.

LBH:結婚する予定はありますか?

Do you plan to get married?

Josh.:ないよ 今のところは

※ Nope, not for a while.

LBH: なぜ? Why?

Josh.:だってまだ運命の女性には出会ってないからね

I have not met the right girl yet.

LBH: 僕もそうだよ Me,too.

木村さんと違って僕たち2人はまだ独身なので

撮影現場て゜は一人に限らずたくさんの女性について話していたよね。

※ Unlike you, we are still single.

So, we were talking about many women, not just one, at the scene.

番組から「あなたが背負う十字架は?」という設問が3人に出される

※During the program the three of them were asked this question, "What is the cross you're carrying?

LBH: 年齢を重ねるごとに{男=man/male}の責任感は、だんだん重たくなっていく。

※As we age, men's responsibilities become bigger and bigger.

すべてに対する責任感を背負っているかな。

※I say men bear responsibilities for everything...

Guest ylin

June 9, 2009

Hope someone can provide an accurate gist on this latest update, every sharing is greatly appreciated ^^

Not particularly familiar with Korean/Japanese/Chinese, I always have a bit of problem differentiating the correct dates and numbers from the Korean content. :sweatingbullets: Hope someone can clarify the accurate & important info to share with all.

Also, always and ardent wish & hope everyone anticipating IRIS.. do share drama related info with us..

이병헌, 10일 헝가리行..7월 美 프로모션 시작

전형화 기자 | 2009/06/09 08:29

Lee Byung Hun & IRIS left for Hungary filming

Actor Lee Byung-hun, and the blockbuster drama 'IRIS' production crew has left for Hungary for the foreign location filming.

Lee Byung-hun, scheduled to leave Hungary on the 10th, for about a month filming IRIS in the European country.

The drama which started shooting in Japan earlier in March for 3 weeks will now take place in Budapest, Hungary with filming the major scenes. LBH, KTH and KSY are said to leave together for Hungary.

Source: star.mt.co.kr

Rubie, you are doing fine with the translation. Just one more point to add on:

When the shooting in Hungary which will ends by end Jun, BH will be going to Hollywood to continue with his promo for G.I Joe. in July. Then back to Korea and Japan to continue with his promo

p.s. just wanted to know if others have the same login problem as mine? soompi keeps asking me to login each time i visit although I have bookmarked the page :(