Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

---

Anyway.. BH's new Rubeurs website + high-traffic server made the Korean news today.

Looking at the image.. I certainly did not manage to see all of them.. :sweatingbullets:

Lee Byung Hun's HomePage, simultaneous access leads to server down :w00t:

Hope there is no mistake :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Translated from the Chinese article posted by ylin at bhjwlove.com

Thanks to ylin for the highlight :)

Lee Byung-hun fans club Home Page paralyzed by too many log-ins

20090129141137.jpg

Source: JES | 2009.01.29 14:11

Lee Byung-hun’s Korean fan club "rubeurs" home page (www.leebyunghun.kr) attracted many fans log-ins after the redesign resulting in server breakdown.

Rubeurs Web site theme is “Invite fans to Lee Byung-hun’s room”. On January 23, the site was updated. Due to too many fans clicking in to the home page and within 1 hour the server was down.

Lee Byung-hun’s respective company BH entertainment-related staff, said: "After the update last Friday, the website was opened. At the same time thousands of fans from around the world enter the site causing the breakdown of the website," "Although the company has restarted the server, but the normal operation of the site may have to wait until early next month."

Lee Byung-hun's new website has Homepage, Profile, Filmography, exchange pages; each page will have the living room, library, DVD room, so that people visiting it have the feeling of coming home.

Translated from the Chinese article posted by ylin at bhjwlove.com

Thanks to ylin for the highlight :)

Lee Byung-hun fans club Home Page paralyzed by too many log-ins

Source: JES | 2009.01.29 14:11

Lee Byung-hun’s Korean fan club "rubeurs" home page (www.leebyunghun.kr) attracted many fans log-ins after the redesign resulting in server breakdown. Rubeurs Web site theme is “Invite fans to Lee Byung-hun’s room”. On January 23, the site was updated. Due to too many fans clicking in to the home page and within 1 hour the server was down.

Lee Byung-hun’s respective company BH entertainment-related staff, said: "After the update last Friday, the website was opened. At the same time thousands of fans from around the world enter the site causing the breakdown of the website," "Although the company has restarted the server, but the normal operation of the site may have to wait until early next month."

Lee Byung-hun's new website has Homepage, Profile, Filmography, exchange pages; each page will have the living room, library, DVD room, so that people visiting it have the feeling of coming home.

Thanks so much Ching, and ylin for this awesome gist. :wub: Appreciate the sharing a lot, well done! I love how it describes the new improved site as 'inviting fans to Lee Byung Hun room'.. wonder if it represents his own new home.. in some ways.

Anyway.. sure hope the website will be up and running soon, can't wait to check out all the 'rooms' of course.. read about so many goodies every day. It'll be cool to experience it as well.. being Byunghun's fan.. this is indeed a much-awaited treat! :blush:

Finally.. after more than a year.. BH's wishes for his fans are finally coming true. :wub:

ps: anyone who succeeded in sending messages to BH through the website, pleasepleaseplease share with us.. too.. and how! :lol:

Hi rubie - thanks for posting this photo. I always like looking at candid photos like this one. I always prefer him wearing this kind of casual clothing with a hat/cap or even beanie. He looks good - better as ever! :lol::)

It's no problem at all, willenette although the pic isn't exactly a new one. It's from Byunghun's KBS Photo-documentary in 2007 which was really an extensive & exclusive treat we had on BH.. excerpts of him at home, as he would just do his daily stuff (like everyone else).. watching movies, having a cuppa, etc. There're also clips of him in the office, at the movie filming set and lots of interviews, of course.

But by far, these are my fave captures from the clip (plus the coffee bar, of course :blush: ).. as he's such a home person, not totally different than he is while working. Unassuming, very relaxed yet focused and simply Hunnie. :wub:

Thanks to Ching, Ping, roger and ylin c/o bhjwlove, wonderful caps of BH at home (from KBS Photo-Doc 2007)

0313_01.jpg

kbs1.jpg

rubie rambles..

At first I'm not sure if BH's garden patch is really on the rooftop (which at first glance, looks like it ^^) but we also know that his house has this unique cut and quite a large compound surrounding it. Probably not really on ground level either, watching the clip again.. it appears as situated somewhere at the back/beside the house.. a rather lengthy space filled with various plants such like veggies, fruits too. Our Hunnie does have a green-thumb, someone who's at ease & good in planting and gardening. Can't help being envious seeing him plucking the fruits and getting to enjoy them on the spot. :blush: The swing is indeed a fave spot for him to relax while looking through new scripts ..

Looks like ICWTR is still being with-held from premiering :mellow: .. there's no Berlin confirmation as hoped before.

Grapevine news.. heard from a friend that the production is still trying to settle a within-dispute/disagreement concerning one of the cast (not LBH).

Berlinale is off.. still our hope floats.. for Cannes.. at least, that's what ICWTR was aiming for last year and a couple months to go before this year's edition.. hopefully everything will be straightened out by then.

January 30, 2009

'Send Text Message to Lee Byeong-heon'

bhr2.jpg

bhr4.jpg

Revamped official Lee Byeong-heon homepage brought down by too many users. There's now a way you can send a text message to actor Lee Byeong-heon.

His management agency BH Entertainment said, "The feature is included on Lee's official homepage, newly revamped as of last Friday. People can type in their messages which will be delivered to Lee."

On the day of the renewed launch, the Web site went down due to excessive access by too many users.

BH Ent. said, "The server was rebooted but the site was up again less than another hour. Fan interest is high. The firm administering the server is still on vacation so the homepage operation will resume early next month."

Lee begins his overseas activity in full swing this year. The Korean blockbuster "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" (in which Lee played "The Bad") opens in Europe, the Americas and the UK on Feb. 6. He also appears with Josh Hartnett and Takuya Kimura the joint U.S.-French film "I Come With The Rain," which will also hit theaters soon.

His management firm said, "Timed with his overseas debut, his homepage has been made multilingual, and in that setting, Lee is inviting worldwide fans to his homepage."

Source: KBS Global, image from empas.com

January 30, 2009

'Send Text Message to Lee Byeong-heon'

[] bhr2.jpg[/]

[] bhr4.jpg[/]

Revamped official Lee Byeong-heon homepage brought down by too many users. There's now a way you can send a text message to actor Lee Byeong-heon.

His management agency BH Entertainment said, "The feature is included on Lee's official homepage, newly revamped as of last Friday. People can type in their messages which will be delivered to Lee."

On the day of the renewed launch, the Web site went down due to excessive access by too many users.

BH Ent. said, "The server was rebooted but the site was up again less than another hour. Fan interest is high. The firm administering the server is still on vacation so the homepage operation will resume early next month."

Lee begins his overseas activity in full swing this year. The Korean blockbuster "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" (in which Lee played "The Bad") opens in Europe, the Americas and the UK on Feb. 6. He also appears with Josh Hartnett and Takuya Kimura the joint U.S.-French film "I Come With The Rain," which will also hit theaters soon.

His management firm said, "Timed with his overseas debut, his homepage has been made multilingual, and in that setting, Lee is inviting worldwide fans to his homepage."

Source: KBS Global, image from empas.com

rubie, wow, this is a nice way so fans could reach out to him. This is a great idea of whoever thought of this. All messages from fans could be read by him - no wonder the site crashed down recently due to many visitors/fans sending text messages to him. :lol::)

Guest kimchibabe

So where is the Hunnie? The month is almost over and only one public appearance.

Again its the weekend and the PJH show is on Sunday.

Will there be a surprise for us? Really, really hope so. :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

The excitement on his homepage, I want to be part of the traffic but will wait.

Now This is a TREAT to his fans for the New Year.

See, BH always has a surprise! Love him.

So where is the Hunnie? The month is almost over and only one public appearance.

Again its the weekend and the PJH show is on Sunday.

Will there be a surprise for us? Really, really hope so. :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

A good question, indeed.. where is BH, right now? :sweatingbullets: :blush: Is he back in LA.. preparing in Tokyo .. or working in the office? Almost sure that no one can really pinpoint his whereabouts.. part of the secret and surprise package, being Hunnie.. huh.. huh.. :lol:

Not putting too much hope like before but.. still waiting, just in case for this Sunday's PJH show. Maybe we'll see him.. maybe.. not yet. But on Feb 1, the Discovery Channel's Seoul Savvy segment with BH will be aired in Australia/New Zealand at 7.30pm (local time).. hopefully our jicks would be able to share with us tidbits from the show later. Yupyup! :P

Actually I can access to the page only via the address that ylin posted here. Even if I log in, I cannot enter the new page right now due to the server problem.

Yes! This is great! :w00t: You can write a very short message and it goes to our HUNNIE! :wub::wub::wub:

I already tried sending a message, but not opened yet.

I think they are still under construction to make the page for trilingual, Korean, Japanese and English. So far I found out the BIOGRAPHY, has 3 language tabs and if you click English, it appears in English!

But I still have to wait and see to check everything after they reopen the page.

Wowow :w00t: wwOW! :w00t: Thanks so much to Sung-ja for patiently helping rubie find her way at the new BH-Rubeurs homepage.. the blurrest one was forever clicking on the wrong link instead. :sweatingbullets::wacko: :blush: The one that ylin posted earlier with the SWF extension.. that is the link to use, not the rubeurs.html (which isn't ready yet, I think).

Please note that the site does take quite AWHILE to fully upload. With rube's dino-pc.. the waiting time is probably tripled before everything starts falling into place..lightup.gif and what a sight it is! It's patience.. patience and more patience to finally experience the Hunnie Room that is so well worth the wait. :blush:

Just as Sung-ja mentioned.. we can send very short messages to BH.. there's a limit or word count. I've tried sending TWICE! :w00t: Well.. so far so good.. but don't know (how to check) if BH has really got it. There will be a cool notice after sending, of course.. an image of BH reading his messages.. how sweet is that! :wub:

Maybe mine will get sent, arrived & read by BH.. maybe not but I tried :blush: .. so, others will have much better chance obviously.

bh-sms1.jpg

Say Hi to BH at

http://www.leebyunghun.kr/swf/LBH.swf

OMG! :w00t: .. I just saw my messages at BH's blackboard.. fainting.gif Oh my.. the SS comment.. rubie is doomed!

What will he think of this terribly-crazy panda.. bricks.gif*rubes go into hiding*

ps: love the 'GIFT' of course.. as if BH signing for us, huge wallies too.. :wub: :blush: .. the improved website is truly a treasure trove waiting to be explored. Once complete & fully operational.. you'd know the site is going to be so cool & fabulous.

Other than that.. really hope that the 'Interview', 'Star News' and 'Board' sections will be available in English as well. Just like the Biography with Korean/English/Japanese tabs.. plus more tidbits shared from BH himself. :rolleyes:

Finally.. I get the "cup of tea" part as well.. so cute.. :lol:

Currently updated :blush: EverythingLBH file cabinet ^^

th_byunghun37.jpg

It's almost February yet and already missing Byunghun-ssi sooo terribly. The latest update that he won't be in the PJH show tomorrow night is certainly dampening the last weekend of January.

Wouldn't it be better that the producers never invited him over in the first place?

We've got news of Storm Shadow and Rubuers website plus 7 Luck Star but where's BH? Wanna see him. so badly.. the talk show was supposed to be the highlight of it all.. obviously sinking without a trace.

Sigh..

Guest Janie Simply

But to note that Rubeurs is also actually ruby.. how fabulous is that.rbhcool.gifJan... let me give you one big HUG! hug.gif And MWAHHHH!

Oh Lady Rubeur, Thanks for forget about the priceless hug, this rookie is pretty realistic, she prefers that pricey red rock you rant about B)

On second thought, I'll take back my words as I really need the hugs 'cos I am pretty bitter right now and will tell why later :tears:

~~~

Finally... I took up the so call courage to watch BSL...

The opening line...

A disciple asked his master, "Do the leaves flow or is it the wind?"

His master replied, "No, it is the heart and the mind."

Alright the dialogue sounds intrigued and so I watched hoping for a happy thought! But it turns out otherwise :tears:

First of all, I am bitter towards the director; why does he like chopping people's limps so much? He did it in GBW and BSL and I say gory, gory, gory !

Secondly, I hate that President Kang ! O kay, his authority and "insecurity" has been challenged so what? Hello, he is an old man and not an old boy, why did he go after the young girl and put his seven years faithful disciple to the bait? He is so obsessed with power and is a PURE evil!

Thirdly, I really feel sorry for the pratogonist, his life is full of bitterness and there is no sweetness in it or is there :unsure: SW's pain is still lingered so strongly in my soul :tears: Just like San Woo's espresso needs a cube of sugar; so does my bitter soul right now, it needs a dose of sweetness and... ta da... thanks to Ella's hunnie's sweet bun, eventhough it was only a split second shown in BSL, no doubt it does add sweetness to the whole movie :sweatingbullets: and woo.., San Woo's bun-nie looks pretty curvy and firmy :w00t::ph34r:

~~ to be continued...

Guest Janie Simply

Oh and btw janie-hunnie, have a lot of fun watching BSL when you manage to get hold of it! You'll love it :D

Hi Autumnleaves, I have finally watched the film B) BTW, just a lame observation... at the ending monologue "autumn" was mentioned and in the opening voice-over it was "leaves" :P

Hmm..., do I enjoy the film? Well, it just got me thinking... this director is a realist. What he protrays in the film is so true in real life esp if it is gang related society. The place where I live is surrounded with violence esp gun violence which is a growing concern and this movie has depicted the realism.

Director Kim is successful in getting his audience to feel for the characters and to discuss about the story. Although it's a merciless story, yet there is still some sympathy for the protagonist -- LBH character is hard and callous as shown in his merciless killing.... but it's the glimpse of his goodness and moments of vulnerability that made the audience feel sorry for him. Aish, would we still be sympathetic had the actor been a different person :sweatingbullets:

One late autumn night, the disciple awoke crying.

So the master asked the disciple, "Did you have a nightmare?"

"No."

"Did you have a sad dream?"

"No," said the disciple. "I had a sweet dream."

"Then why are you crying so sadly?"

The disciple wiped his tears away and quietly answered, "Because the dream I had can't come true."

~~~

This is a tragic movie, full of bitterness and revenge and why is it called Bittersweet? Sweet perhaps, for the short moments of listening to the girl play the cello, eating with her and walking with her for one or 2 days, but his desire was never reciprocated -- very tragic... although sending her the gift aka table lamp was pretty touching ;)

Here's a great site on BSL

http://www.d-o-e-s.com/collection/bittersweet/index0.html

~~~

p.s. Just finished watching the 2006 Baeksang award; great speech and much deserved award. The picking up of flowers from the stair is so thoughful and definitely deserved a loud applause. Aigoo... the bitterness is slowly evaporating ;)

^ Well done, what a treat.. janie-hunnie thumbup.gif.. finally you've watched the fabulously classic BSL we so love.. in all its glory and gory dramatic self.. :ph34r::P

Frankly.. you took relatively less time to consider watching the movie as even some longtime fans here found it hard to watch the movie because of the bit (which is an understatement.. of course) of violent nature and especially not able seeing our Hunnie beaten to a pulp.. :tears: ..like.. literally. But it's a movie that only LBH can play the lead role so well. Another actor would not be able to convey all that subtle conflicts raging within SunWoo, the tormented desperation nor execute all those cool kicks so effortlessly. No No No..no2.gif

Hope you'll post to share these wonderful thoughts at the BSL thread, too.. we've got some pretty cool goodies plus great reviews/comments posted there. :blush:

ps: just let us know if you'd like to watch any more BSl clips/Baeksang.. or anything at all.

Finally... I took up the so call courage to watch BSL...

The opening line...

A disciple asked his master, "Do the leaves flow or is it the wind?"

His master replied, "No, it is the heart and the mind."

Alright the dialogue sounds intrigued and so I watched hoping for a happy thought! But it turns out otherwise :tears:

First of all, I am bitter towards the director; why does he like chopping people's limps so much? He did it in GBW and BSL and I say gory, gory, gory !

Secondly, I hate that President Kang ! O kay, his authority and "insecurity" has been challenged so what? Hello, he is an old man and not an old boy, why did he go after the young girl and put his seven years faithful disciple to the bait? He is so obsessed with power and is a PURE evil!

Thirdly, I really feel sorry for the pratogonist, his life is full of bitterness and there is no sweetness in it or is there :unsure: SW's pain is still lingered so strongly in my soul :tears: Just like San Woo's espresso needs a cube of sugar; so does my bitter soul right now, it needs a dose of sweetness and... ta da... thanks to Ella's hunnie's sweet bun, eventhough it was only a split second shown in BSL, no doubt it does add sweetness to the whole movie :sweatingbullets: and woo.., San Woo's bun-nie looks pretty curvy and firmy :w00t::ph34r: