Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest kimchibabe

Well, I'm quite disappointed that BH's appearance on the PJH show is still unclear.

Was it a change of heart? Like suddenly he's cautious about what he could say or do in the show.

I have a feeling that he will oblige, but when?

Please don't make us wait that long, Byung Hun ssi!

Well, I'm quite disappointed that BH's appearance on the PJH show is still unclear.

Was it a change of heart? Like suddenly he's cautious about what he could say or do in the show.

I have a feeling that he will oblige, but when?

Please don't make us wait that long, Byung Hun ssi!

It's obviously unclear & unconfirmed but definitely not cancelled, at least from the gist.. no matter how little info we have on the situation. From the article (assuming half the content), the talk show production is certainly trying and still wanting to have BH on the show. Unfortunately.. the show and PJH himself have been heavily criticized by the media on the quality of questions asked to the guests recently.

BH might not want anyone especially himself, his loved ones and his fans to be in an awkward position should something goes too personal/unprofessional.

But I agree with you.. Sis, BH will oblige. Just that, sometimes we.. I mean my blurr-self especially.. gets too excited at news such as his appearance when we all knew really well that nothing is ever confirmed till we actually see him. As in the appearance at the wedding just last week.

Rubie, LBH so nice .. with his Going Wild fans hahhahahahaha...

and his Expression about winning awards in blue dragon hahahha

I agree that he is really courteous and so gentle even when the fans got too excited, throwing him the bouquet of flowers. I wonder if it actually hit him in the back.. :sweatingbullets: .. but seeing him return to pick up the flowers to receive more and acknowledging the fans, is indeed the nicest thing. Can we blame the girls at the Red Carpet for going crazy when they see him. :P:lol:

I would always remember and many of us here, too.. the Baeksang Awards 2006.. BH won the Best Actor award for A Bittersweet Life. When he was going on stage to receive the award.. a fan rushing to hand him flowers got to the stage too late.. BH was already halfway near the podium. So the fan left the bouquet just at the side of the stage instead. When BH finishes his acceptance speech.. as he was about to leave the stage, he turned around to pick up the flowers left by the fan. His unexpected action took everyone by surprise and received a lot of cheer. It may look like a small thing to do but it was a really thoughtful gesture that certainly touches the hearts of his fans everywhere. Imagine being the lucky fan? :blush:

There's been so many examples by the media/fellow actors and celebrities that despite his status, Byunghun remains an unassuming, well-mannered and polite person to be with.

H-hunnie, check out our pages from about 10-20 back.. we've got some great caps of BH. For lots of bigger pics of the GBW cuddly toys.. in thumbnails, too.. check out page 896.. they're simply too adorable! :wub:

And.. for some hot delightful fainting pics *ahem* .. must check out page 898 .. ninja-girl might just hop on her mobeel straightaway to Seoul. :lol:

Lotsa Hunnie goodies.. not-to-be-missed!

hahugdnn... *ahem* jkapewje *slaps self* Whew! Those are some HOT pictures Rubie :w00t: Thanks for letting me know about them. He's certainly been working hard for his movies hasn't he? I'm really excited for G.I Joe, I can't wait to see what he does with the role :D Those toys are adorable, I want every single one of them! :blush:

It's obviously unclear & unconfirmed but definitely not cancelled, at least from the gist.. no matter how little info we have on the situation. From the article (assuming half the content), the talk show production is certainly trying and still wanting to have BH on the show. Unfortunately.. the show and PJH himself have been heavily criticized by the media on the quality of questions asked to the guests recently.

BH might not want anyone especially himself, his loved ones and his fans to be in an awkward position should something goes too personal/unprofessional.

But I agree with you.. Sis, BH will oblige. Just that, sometimes we.. I mean my blurr-self especially.. gets too excited at news such as his appearance when we all knew really well that nothing is ever confirmed till we actually see him. As in the appearance at the wedding just last week.

I hope BH does appear on the show. I've never seen the show before but does PJH really ask some... uncomfortable questions on the show? I guess it's up to BH at the end of the day. I'd love to see him on the show but not if he's going to feel akward. As you said Rubie, he might not want his loved ones or fans to be put in an akward position seeing as he is very caring of both.

I agree that he is really courteous and so gentle even when the fans got too excited, throwing him the bouquet of flowers. I wonder if it actually hit him in the back.. :sweatingbullets: .. but seeing him return to pick up the flowers to receive more and acknowledging the fans, is indeed the nicest thing. Can we blame the girls at the Red Carpet for going crazy when they see him. :P:lol:

I would always remember and many of us here, too.. the Baeksang Awards 2006.. BH won the Best Actor award for A Bittersweet Life. When he was going on stage to receive the award.. a fan rushing to hand him flowers got to the stage too late.. BH was already halfway near the podium. So the fan left the bouquet just at the side of the stage instead. When BH finishes his acceptance speech.. as he was about to leave the stage, he turned around to pick up the flowers left by the fan. His unexpected action took everyone by surprise and received a lot of cheer. It may look like a small thing to do but it was a really thoughtful gesture that certainly touches the hearts of his fans everywhere. Imagine being the lucky fan? :blush:

There's been so many examples by the media/fellow actors and celebrities that despite his status, Byunghun remains an unassuming, well-mannered and polite person to be with.

Aww, what a lovely story :wub: I'm learning more and more about BH every day. I love an actor who truly shows appreciation for his fans. It shows that he's really down to earth and is really greatful for people's support. It's actors like him who gain more and more fans everywhere they go :)

Guest Janie Simply

An ABSOLUTE MUST MUST-READ! Brought forward from the previous page :lol:

(Laughs) Yeah! But still, although with guys only we can talk about anything, we could talk about girls, we can walk around naked. We can do anything!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...a-001-paris.jpgThe NAKED PANDAS ^^

That's good read by ME indeed; you must have like it so much for doing the double postings!

Wah, those pandas looks so sexy under the sun :sweatingbullets: wonder which one is rubie-panda :unsure: will definitely include the pic for his birthday this year B)

I agree that he is really courteous and so gentle even when the fans got too excited... :P:lol:

I would always remember and many of us here, too.. the Baeksang Awards 2006... :blush:

rubie, that's a very touching story and so courteous of BH; If I were that courageous fan, I would treasure the thoughtfulness of BH for the rest of my life & shed a few tears every so often :sweatingbullets:

I so want to see the clip, do you by any chance happen to have it in your archive :rolleyes:

Rubie, all the sharings about BH by others and you really makes me respect him wholeheartedly :blush:

Will definitely check out on A Bittersweet Life sometimes this week :)

~~~

Thank you valley girl for the Blue Dragon link; will check it out another time.

I so want to see the clip, do you by any chance happen to have it in your archive :rolleyes:

Will definitely check out on A Bittersweet Life sometimes this week :)

Sure, no problem at all.. I hope these links are still active (tell me if anything's wrong so that I can re-upload them if needed).. as I've had them since his birthday last July.. about 800++ Byunghun clips in MU. All simply because I won't be able to keep the clips on my HD should anything happens, so.. these sharing will help keep the links/clips alive for the time being.

Let me know if you need any other clips or the way to the archive.. :blush:

20060414pekusan (11.91 MB) - a fan compliation of BH at the event, background music is a piano-piece from Bittersweet Life

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VYD3O244

tvb-baeksang06 (30.62 MB) - thanks to bhjwlove for this cool sharing ^^ Jan, you can certainly understand the clip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U54JSML9

^ such a bittersweet clip as it has excerpts of the late Choi Jin Shil winning Best Actress (drama) for Rosy Life.

Guest Janie Simply

Wah, darling rubie, you are so fast and efficient! Thanks, will definitely check it out later... will watch the movie first and then enjoy the fruit of the labor, how's that ?

Thanks very much WIE for the youtube clip of the SBS 2003 awards. Been awhile since I've seen the clip, looks like it was uploaded by a SYA fan but luckily.. most of the clip focused on LBH-SHK-All In.

But it's indeed a good nostalgia as All In was the highest rated series for SBS that year and for which LBH won the Daesang while SHK won the Best Actress award. Even LBH had revealed recently that for him, the drama is a beautiful memory all in all.

Daesang award? Isn't that a super-big award to have? How honorable!

I am really impressed with LBH's acting in All In; Love the OST there too; I remembered I wept pretty badly at the end of the drama when the two gentlemen (In ha & Jung Won) trying to reconcile their relationship sth like that.

Sad Meaningful & touching movies/dramas always make Janie cry :sweatingbullets:

Daesang award? Isn't that a super-big award to have? Great!

I am really impressed with LBH's acting in All In; Love the OST there too; I remembered I wept pretty badly at the end of the drama when the two gentlemen (In ha & Jung Won) trying to reconcile their relationship sth like that.

Yup! He received the Grand Acting award from SBS as All In was the top contender for the station, highest rated series in 2003. Out of the many, many Kdramas.. the OST from All In is simply one of the best and most memorable around. :D

Enjoy BSL.. Janie.. must tell us everything about it later. I've seen it once in full.. could not watch it again.. :sweatingbullets: .. but would never forget the impact of the movie. Ever.

ps: ohh.. no one does the sweeping high kick better than Byunghun-ssi. :wub:

Guest Janie Simply

rubie, I have no clue as to what the movie is about, hope it's not a violent one 'cos violent movie makes Janie scare :tears: My friend watched Addicted (edit: it's Lament) and she told me LBH is so funny in the movie but there is one part which is not good for the eyes (this one refers to addicted) :sweatingbullets:

p.s. Just read BSL sypnosis from the first page and the storyline sounds familiar, I think I have watched this kind of plot before; was BSL a remake of hollywood or chinese movie :unsure:

BTW, what is the difference between Baeksang & Daesang; is it one is for movie and the other for drama?

Sounds like he collects many grand trophies :sweatingbullets:

~~

Glad that I'm not the only one who think All In OST is awesome!

rubie, I have no clue as to what the movie is about, hope it's not a violent one 'cos violent movie makes Janie scare :tears: My friend watched Addicted and she told me LBH is so funny in the movie but there is one part which is not good for the eyes :sweatingbullets:

BSL spoiler.. it is a particularly gruesome and violent movie but so stylishly done. You'd just have to see it to appreciate Di. Kim's excellent directing and especially what LBH did for the movie. He does all his stunts/fight scenes himself and there's one a very dangerous sequence he did that will make you stand up and applaud.

Addiction is a beautiful romance despite what really happened (story-wise) and the love scene is really meaningful without exposing too much of anything.. I was tricked watching the movie.. I meant by the character Dae-jin.. simply love BH's performance in Addicted.. one of my all-time faves besides BSL and JSA. Just looking at the titles he did.. all these movies are so different from each other but one thing is evident, an awesome acting every time.

I believe BSL is sort of a remake from an old movie years ago but it's so cool that it became a classic of it's own. It's BH's first step to international stardom, Cannes simply love the movie.. that's why they're already familiar with BH when GBW was screening last year. And now, even Hollywood is planning to remake A Bittersweet Life. :sweatingbullets:

BTW, what is the difference between Baeksang & Daesang; is it one is for movie and the other for drama?

Sounds like he collects many grand trophies :sweatingbullets:

Baeksang or Paeksang is the name of an award ceremony in Korea, just like the Blue Dragon, Grand Bell, etc. I think this ceremony is organized by one of the major Korean stations newspapers and usually held in March/April, it comes earlier than the other awards which are usually scheduled at the end of the year. We can check the details and info at koreanfilm.org [AWARDS]

Unlike the other movie award ceremony, Baeksang honours both movie and drama achievements, that's why we see Best Actors/etc for both categories.

Daesang = Grand Acting Award/Prize; every major station (KBS/SBS/MBC) has their own Daesang Award given to the exceptional performance by the lead actor/actress in the highest rated drama of the year.

BH had won a Baeksang Best Actor Award for both drama (All In) and movie (A Bittersweet Life/BSL).. interestingly, Byunghun-ssi had received triple Best Actor awards for each All In and BSL.

Jan-hunnie, really hope you can gather your courage & watch BSL for yourself. It might be an action-gangster-type of movie but you'll never know what you're missing till you've actually seen it. It's just like JSA.. at a glance, people will say it's only a war movie with scenes of fighting & shooting but it's not that at all. On the other hand.. I don't think that BH was really funny in Addiction.. which he was pretty mellow and most pensive compared to his other roles. So.. you'd have to watch it, too.. to find out for real.

BSL for many of the fans.. is BH's best movie.. it's just perfect for him & vice-versa. Even from the reviews.. those who are not really fans would only have good things to say about BH/Dir. Kim/BSL. There are a lot of international reviews for the movie and 99% are serious raving.. like, no kidding. :blush:

Btw.. BH also directed his first music video for BSL.. that's why it's so special. :wub:

A Bittersweet Life MV by Lee Byung Hun

youtube2.jpghttp://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=dsl85nFK4RA

sunwoo1.jpg

sunwoo2.jpg

:unsure: Speaking of BH's Addiction.. I thought the Hollywood remake of Possession had already been released February last year but sank without a trace at the box office. :huh:

January 18, 2009

Cultureline

Korean Film Remakes Debut in US

Hollywood adaptations of such South Korean movies as "The Tale of Two Sisters" make nationwide releases in the United States at the end of the month.

"The Uninvited," the Dreamworks version of the Kim Jee-woon thriller inspired by a famous Korean folktale "The Tale of Two Sisters," will appear in theaters Jan. 30.

20080918sisters.jpg

The Tale of Two Sisters / The Uninvited

Brothers Charles and Thomas Guards direct the franchise and actresses Arielle Kebbel ("The Grudge 2") and Emily Browning ("Lemony Snicket's: A Series of Unfortunate Events") have replaced Korean stars Lim Soo-jung and Moon Geun-young, respectively.

20080918addicted.jpg

Addiction (Addicted) / Possession

Meanwhile, "Possession," based on "Addiction" starring Lee Byung-hun and Lee Mi-yeon, will be released Jan. 23. Directed by Joel Bergvall and Simon Sandquist, the Hollywood rendition stars Lee Pace as a man claiming to be his brother opposite Sarah Michelle Gellar.

[Il Mare / The Lake House] [Into the Mirror / Mirrors] [My Sassy Girl]

Of the Korean movies that have sold adaptation rights to American producers, three have been released: "The Lake House" based on Lee Hyun-seung's "Il Mare" in 2006 and "Mirror" inspired by Kim Seong-ho's "Into the Mirror" and "My Sassy Girl" adapted from the Kwak Jae-yong film of the same title in 2008.

Source (for more info): koreatimes.co.kr

Guest Janie Simply

Thanks, rubie, for all the info above on everthing LBH, so much to digest :sweatingbullets:

Apparently Hollywood hasn't been successful in imitating the korean movies such as Il Mare, Sassy Girl. Could it be the culture thing; It seems Korean show biz is more skillful at adapting their own culture into the Hollywood remake.

I was only alert of this Kimchi Western Director through GBW; didn't know BSL and the Tale of Two Sisters were his work. Saw a copy of Two Sis but didn't purchase it 'cos cannot bear to see my MGY covered with blood :tears:

After hearing such a great review on BSL, I rushed to check with a few stores and BSL is out of stock :sweatingbullets: Will definitely look into online purchasing.

P.s. Didn't know La Dolce Vita drama has the same title as Bittersweet Life ;)

Sorry I need to clarify on my previous comment regarding Addicted. My friend said she was refering to LBH's Lament and not Addicted :sweatingbullets: She said he is funny in that in the movie he was aspired to be an actor and he is pretty cute in imitating others sth like that.

Seems like Hollywood are remaking more and more Asian films every day. I hate the way they remake films that don't need to be remade. I understand that the good thing about it may be that the remakes could bring wider audiences to see the originals if they haven't already, but IMO, remakes are never as good as the originals.

I have yet to see Addicted (still seeking it out) but I heard that the remake is having trouble financially so the release date is still rather uncertain. I won't even bother seeing the remake of A Tale of Two Sisters as I love that movie and the remake doesn't really interest me. I even heard they're planning to remake Oldboy :blink: What's the world coming to? And if there is anyone who ever decides to remake BSL... God help them :ph34r: hehe

Nice bit of info there Rubie. I say down with remakes! hehe :P

Oh and btw janie-hunnie, have a lot of fun watching BSL when you manage to get hold of it! You'll love it :D

I have yet to see Addicted (still seeking it out) but I heard that the remake is having trouble financially so the release date is still rather uncertain. I won't even bother seeing the remake of A Tale of Two Sisters as I love that movie and the remake doesn't really interest me. I even heard they're planning to remake Oldboy :blink: What's the world coming to? And if there is anyone who ever decides to remake BSL... God help them :ph34r: hehe

Nice bit of info there Rubie. I say down with remakes! hehe :P

Although remakes usually spell bad news but maybe it's like a reversed reaction sort of marketing.. with all the interest of remaking, it somehow spurs the curiosity to check out the original as well.

Thanks H for the bit about Possession.. it's funny how.. that news about the release came out twice (about the same time) in 2008 and 2009. Even after a year later.. the audience still isn't possessed by the remake :sweatingbullets: .. huh.. like we are addicted to the real deal. :D

Love your new banner, ninja-girl.. complete with a sexy Hunnie touch :wub:.. hohoo..

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

LBH is preparing thoroughly for the Park Junghoon Show, reads the caption

Thanks Huang! I thought I was seeing it wrongly at empas yesterday (after all the uncertainties.. will he.. will he not).. now afraid to gist too much. But there's no date given, huh? Is it still on.. for the 25th? :huh:

Must say that BH is taking the whole talkshow situation really seriously.. :sweatingbullets:

Btw.. who watched last night's show? Who was the guest.. was it (veteran) actor Ahn Sung Ki or Jeong Jun Ho or both?

Watching the various BSL clips again.. it slowly.. hit me that BH looks good in the hairstyle he had doing the movie. It's not too short as he was in All In but really nice, neat and stylish style that could work really well as a SPY (beats the wavy reddish m.o.p). :sweatingbullets: WhOpps.. rubie still adore you like so crazy, Byunghun-ssi. :blush:

Sure wouldn't mind seeing him sporting the Sun Woo style :wub:.. this time he won't be too thin as BSL.. huh.. huh.. anyone agree? No? :blush:

That's good read by ME indeed; you must have like it so much for doing the double postings!

LOL! It goes without saying that rubes just love every time BH gives an exclusive. :P But I think we also missed the fact that his (conversational) English is getting so good.. just by reading his answers. He's very calm and precise with his thoughts. No complicated phrases but straight to the point and always sharing that humor he is so well known of.. even in interviews conducted in English.

His fearless approach to use & practise the language plus the environment he's in & a good teacher/friend to converse in English everyday (CP) is indeed helping him a lot.

Guest cynthia05

Watching the various BSL clips again.. it slowly.. hit me that BH looks good in the hairstyle he had doing the movie. It's not too short as he was in All In but really nice, neat and stylish style that could work really well as a SPY (beats the wavy reddish m.o.p). :sweatingbullets: WhOpps.. rubie still adore you like so crazy, Byunghun-ssi. :blush:

Sure wouldn't mind seeing him sporting the Sun Woo style :wub:.. this time he won't be too thin as BSL.. huh.. huh.. anyone agree? No? :blush:

LOL! It goes without saying that rubes just love every time BH gives an exclusive. :P But I think we also missed the fact that his (conversational) English is getting so good.. just by reading his answers. He's very calm and precise with his thoughts. No complicated phrases but straight to the point and always sharing that humor he is so well known of.. even in interviews conducted in English.

His fearless approach to use & practise the language plus the environment he's in & a good teacher/friend to converse in English everyday (CP) is indeed helping him a lot.

I sure agree that the hairstyle in BSL has the more "professional" spy look albeit him looking a bit too skinny.....His hair in All-in is too short and make him a bit too "smallish"....but personally I hope he sports a bit of the unkempt with a touch of moustache (that makes him super sexy) but still the professional "spy" with the revolver in hand.

Initially, I had some reservations about whether he really answered all the questions in English.....but I guessed it must have been "rehearsed" as I am sure the questions must have been "vetted" and cleared by CP before it was "OK" for recording........anyway, a very good practice for him as he would definitely need more of that when the 2 films open this year with lotz of interviews coming his way...Thumbs up for our Byunghun and his teacher :)

And talking about ICTWR going to the Berlinale.......I would say........should be quite confirmed unless some "obstacle" pops up again.....coming from a "very reliable" source