Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

I am not surprised that he agreed to appear despite the poor ratings as BH is a person who dearly cherish friendship and especially if a good friend were to approach him hoping to boost the ratings of the programme. On his part, itz also a platform for publicity of his upcoming drama "IRIS" and movies, GBW and ICWTR. I was particularly touched a couple of years ago when the clothing company Chasecult which he had been endorsing for many years, went into the red. Not only did he not abandon the CF but continued to support the company without even being paid until the company recovered from bad times. That says so much for our Hunnie and the bond he forges among his friends which he greatly treasures and will be out there for them in times of need.

But hopefully he will reveal something "interesting" and we have a better insight on him.....

As for 9th Avenue.....is it finally coming together...hopefully? Did it say when it would be opening?.....it was still in a state of shambles in Jul last year but not too sure if his contract is still valid as he had only signed a 6-month pact back in 2006!

Totally agree with you Cynthia, word for word. BH is not someone who would back down on his words. There was a bit of date confusion at the PJH talkshow thread but hopefully it's just a mix-up by the media release. It may take a bit of reassurace (on the behalf of his management) or maybe not at all but a moment's decision to accept the invitation but BH definitely will make things work for his friends, regardless.

Remember that "reality variety show" he was in many years ago.. the one that had the producers/hosts set him up in a bit of 'situation' just to see his reaction? I remember they had filmed BH on a night out with his buddy, actor Im Chang Jung and in the midst of the show (they were having some drinks & chatting) when some guys came to harass ICJ. It was a mock situation they set up secretly.. and BH not knowing anything stood up to defend ICJ without hesitation. I really don't like such 'trick' being played on him but it shows how much he cherish the friendship with his buddy and he would do whatever a friend would for his buddies.

I've never heard about Chasecult being in the red :mellow: .. totally something new to me. Really appreciate the tidbit, Cynthia.. this is what I really love reading about BH every time. Similar to him taking up full responsibility clearing his late father's debts.. first & foremost, finishing everything and then providing the best for his family as if his father is still around.

It's great that 9th Avenue is finally on again. It's been completely MIA for the past 2 years, indeed.. that we don't know what happened. Really glad that it's finally launching (soon I think.. or maybe, already in operation?). Despite his only 6-month contract (it could have been renewed but still nothing new on the website), my guess would be that 9th Avenue definitely sees & needed the potential of LBH and CJW.

Back to PJH's talkshow.. I have a 50-50 feeling on what BH would share on the show [don't feel it'll be just simple casual chatting]. He might just reveal something totally surprising to the fans. Because we really do not see him doing talkshows and this particular moment could be the opportunity that he himself is looking forward to. Have to admit.. for a moment I thought BH might cancel his appearance due to the sudden (unconfirmed) media mix-up.. luckily kimchibabe-ssi mentioned that it's a pre-recorded talk show.. isn't it? At least.. it's probably all done.. before the actual airing date on KBS2.

It's so cool to note two of Byunghun's best movies going to be screened in Iran. :D

Official website FIFF 2009

January 14, 2009

Fajr Film Fest Hosts Korean Retrospective

IFFF1.jpg

Iran’s major annual film event, the 27th Fajr International Film Festival (FIFF), held in Tehran, will showcase a retrospective of contemporary Korean films. 13 features produced from the years 2000 through 2008 will screen in the Persian capital, January 30 to February 10, 2009.

Along with the retrospective, JEON Soo-il’s With a Girl of Black Soil (2007) was selected in the line-up of the Asian Cinema competition section. It will vie alongside North Korean film A School Girl’s Diary by JAN In-hak and 11 other features from across Asia.

Among selections in the retrospective are titles such as PARK Chan-wook's Joint Security Area (2000), BAEK Woon-Hak’s Tube (2003), KIM Ji-woon’s The Good, the Bad, the Weird (2008), JOO Kyung-jung’s A Little Monk (2002), and SHIM Hyung-rae’s Dragon Wars (2007).

In previous year's a number of Korean films have won awards at FIFF, including YOON Jong-chan’s Blue Swallow, which won the Best Screenplay award for Asian Cinema in 2007 and IM Tae-hyun’s Little Brother, which won the Best Director award for Spiritual Cinema in 2006.

Credits: Nigel D’Sa (KOFIC)

1231981597-75.jpg

Source: okfashion.co.kr

I wonder if 9th Avenue had some sort of slowdown before.. maybe.. Artist View might have something to do with the revival. :huh: Both of them are clients of the agency.. CJW has her Stylus (? needs more info on this) jewelry/accessory set while BH now has his Hats Collection.. which is not surprising as he loves collecting hats. Who knows.. if added.. JWS has his fashion line and cosmetic for men launched just recently. Good for fans.. and business.. perhaps?

Really love to know more about the LBH Shop, especially.. anyone with friends in Seoul who could share more info on this?

Found this interesting caps at auctions.yahoo.jp, not sure if it's really an official item or a fan-compilation. Seems pretty much like a BH Entertainment's 2008 calendar.. no? :unsure: Did they came out with one last year?

Can someone clarify (anyone has this calendar by any chance?).. the list of clients belonging to BH Ent. Please? I tried zooming to read (the third pic) but the text are all too small & blurr. :sweatingbullets: I can only recognize BH, Jin Goo, Han Chae Young and Hakuryu.

megapapersjp1.jpg

megapapersjp2.jpg

megapapersjp3.jpg

Captures credit: megapapersjp

Guest cynthia05

1231981597-75.jpg

Source: okfashion.co.kr

I wonder if 9th Avenue had some sort of slowdown before.. maybe.. Artist View might have something to do with the revival. :huh: Both of them are clients of the agency.. CJW has her Stylus (? needs more info on this) jewelry/accessory set while BH now has his Hats Collection.. which is not surprising as he loves collecting hats. Who knows.. if added.. JWS has his fashion line and cosmetic for men launched just recently. Good for fans.. and business.. perhaps?

Really love to know more about the LBH Shop, especially.. anyone with friends in Seoul who could share more info on this?

Just know it is a shop selling hats (probably using his name to attract tourists) and will be opening in Feb.....but not too sure if it will do well as the place is in quite a way out district (not a place where tourists would visit......but who knows, if the fans are curious enough, which I am sure they are, they will "hunt" him down). I had thought that the whole project had been abandoned :wacko:

Just know it is a shop selling hats (probably using his name to attract tourists) and will be opening in Feb.....but not too sure if it will do well as the place is in quite a way out district (not a place where tourists would visit......but who knows, if the fans are curious enough, which I am sure they are, they will "hunt" him down). I had thought that the whole project had been abandoned :wacko:

Uhh.. that doesn't sound too good, huh.. :huh: Is the LBH Shop really by 9th Avenue (could it be the final result they managed to come up with :sweatingbullets: ).. the pics of LBH-CJW sure came from their previous promo 2 years ago.. but according to the website (the last time they updated it).. the sketch of the Hallyu Centre was supposedly to be huge and happening. :mellow: But nowadays with the financial crisis, the slowing-down is inevitable and affecting big-bugdet projects everywhere.

On a different note.. it might proved otherwise (and hopefully, positively).. a probable way to expand the attraction spots in Seoul albeit a bit risky in the overall focus. So far.. BH Ent/Artist View doesn't confirm or deny anything about this latest development, right?

A LEE BYUNGHUN EXCLUSIVE! Thanks to Mike Edwards at obsessedwithfilm.com

An ABSOLUTE MUST MUST-READ! Brought forward from the previous page :lol:

Mike Edwards talks to Byung-hun Lee about

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD and a little bit about G.I. JOE!

Posted by Michael Edwards (ME)

ME: Was The Good The Bad The Weird as fun to make as it was to watch?

It was really fun because this was my first villain role. In fact I asked him to do this, I had two contracts starting at the same time but I chose this because it looked so great.

ME: What was the most fun thing you did when shooting THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD?

Some of the most fun bits are in the deleted scenes. I had two facial expressions I really liked because each time I was given a reaction shot we did several takes and I always suggested to him [Mr Kim] that I do the last one just however I wanted to and that was always my favourite and was the most fun because I could just put myself in the situation and react to how it felt. And what came out of it made myself and the director happy, which was great fun. Although, as I said, unfortunately some have been deleted.

ME: How about re-enacting some for me now?

(Laughs) I think that’d be pretty hard.

ME: It has been unusual for you to play such dark and unsympathetic roles…

Yeah, I’ve never done it before so it was a very new experience for me. I could realise that I had those expressions, those eyes and those emotions. It was surprising to find these aspects that I never knew. And Mr Kim was surprised too. We’d worked together previously and he saw a new side of me.

ME: Was there anything in particular that inspired your performance or that influenced the way you played the character?

No, actually. I just read the script and tried to emphasize the bad guy inside of me.

ME: So he took a chance casting you in that role then?

I don’t think so. He’s got confidence in me, he even gave me a choice between playing The Good and The Bad and I asked him ‘What do YOU want me to do?’. And he said ‘have the bad guy, you would be so cold.’ But I really wanted to have that role too, so it worked out well.

ME: Have you been surprised by the international reception of the film?

Of course. When I went to Cannes with the film I was so nervous. The actors hadn’t even seen it yet! It was our first screening and also we were wondering about the response of the audience. But after the screening they were talking for like ten minutes. They were clapping for a long time, it was a surprising experience.

ME: What do you think it is about the film that really appeals to people?

Ummm. First of all it’s a western that everybody can like, and secondly it’s an oriental western which is funny. There are a lot of comedy, a lot of twists and so on. A western western is harder, just two guys in the desert fighting. Bang! That’s it. Maybe some flies. Some staring. But this film is more active.

ME: What is it about (Dir.) Kim that attracts you to his films?

A lot of things, but he can make a story so interesting and defined. He never loses the details. He always cares about the set, props, wardrobe - everything! He must have a headache every time he films, there’s just so much there. That’s what actors like to work with.

ME: How did you find working with The Good and The Weird?

People, especially Asian journalists, are always wondering whether the guys are in competition with each other. And we’d also thought like that. But when we got into the desert in China we just didn’t have time to think about it. The environment was the worst, it was so hard. Not only because of the action but the place was terrible, we’re talking about huge amount of heat and sometimes we couldn’t breath because of the sandstorms. And it wasn’t just sandstorms, everything was just so awkward and uncomfortable so you have to gather. You can’t worry about those kind of things. We were so happy whenever we had free time, we’d just make a team and the stunt guys and the actors we play a game of soccer. There were no actresses, only guys. It was like the army!

ME: Having played romantic leads before were you disappointed by the lack of women?

(Laughs) Yeah! But still, although with guys only we can talk about anything, we could talk about girls, we can walk around naked. We can do anything!

panda-001-paris.jpgThe NAKED PANDAS ^^

ME: You’re about to make your Hollywood debut, how do you feel about that?

I’ve actually had two Hollywood experiences, the first was I COME WITH THE RAIN, with Josh Hartnett, and the second is GI JOE. It’s been quite a good experience, although everything was so different. I’ve been working in Korea and I don’t want to lose my place. If I have the chance to work with Hollywood people again then why not, but I’m always going to be working in Korea.

ME: Did you get to hang out much with Dennis Quaid and Brendan Fraser?

Dennis Quaid had to shoot earlier than me, so we only met for one day of shooting and a couple of rehearsals and I never met Brendan Fraser!

ME: That sucks. But you get your own action figure though right?

Yeah, it’s coming out. It was really strange, I had it in my hand and although it was so tiny I could tell it was me! They’re so detailed.

ME: Aside from getting your own action figure, what were the main differences between making a movie in Korea and the US?

American productions are more rational than the Korean ones, they think time is really important because they don’t want to waste the money. You always gather at 6am! But not in Korea. They just decide right after a day’s shooting that, like, we’ll meet at 12 O’clock or something! And it’s less like a family in America, but maybe because it’s all still so unfamiliar to me. It all feels too logical, for example I had a couple of days to visit places and the studio guys just said ‘why don’t you just look over the contract again’! It sometimes make me feel like I’m not a human and that’s pretty bad. :(

ME: OK, so last question. What Korean films or directors do you particularly admire?

Park Chan Wook is actually a really good friend of mine, and I have to say I like his movies. But there are lots of good directors in Korea, Joon-Hwan and Joon-ho Bong are great.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD is out in UK cinemas on 6th February. thumbup.gif Watch it, it’s awesome!

Mike Edwards

Chief Film Critic obsessedwithfilm.com

Oooh lots of interesting articles and lovely pics that I need to catch up on. Hi Rubie :D Hope you are well. Glad to see you keeping everyone updated on our Hunnie :P

GBW released in the UK Feb 6th? :w00t: I'll be first in line for that one, have you had a chance to see it yet Rubie?

Still no more info on I Come With The Rain? :( I'm dying to see that one. Ah well, plenty of droolsome pictures of our Hunnie in here to tide me over ;)

BTW Rubie, do you know where to get those super cute cuddly toys that are in your sig? The Bad one is almost as cute as the real bad :wub:

Oooh lots of interesting articles and lovely pics that I need to catch up on. Hi Rubie :D Hope you are well. Glad to see you keeping everyone updated on our Hunnie :P

GBW released in the UK Feb 6th? :w00t: I'll be first in line for that one, have you had a chance to see it yet Rubie?

Still no more info on I Come With The Rain? :( I'm dying to see that one. Ah well, plenty of droolsome pictures of our Hunnie in here to tide me over ;)

BTW Rubie, do you know where to get those super cute cuddly toys that are in your sig? The Bad one is almost as cute as the real bad :wub:

Hi Hi Hi our ninja-girl Hunter! :w00t: Big Hug! It's always so good to read your cheerful posts!

Yupyup.. GBW will be blasting in the UK soon indeed! Totally envy you, H-hunnie and Celina .. and Jenny. I'm still waiting for my turn to come but so happy for BH fans everywhere. You must tell us everything later.. reserving a big drool-spot already! :lol:

There's been some update on ICWTR recently.. it's likely to premiere this year at Berlinale (also in February) .. there's already talks of this but nothing confirmed at the official website.. yet. We're still waiting for the final confirmation.. hopefully it doesn't end up like last year's Venice Fest. So.. if ICWTR is indeed going to the Berlin Fest and BH would be there :rolleyes: .. would you hop over to Germany.. huh.. huh.. :w00t:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get those adorable GBW babies (they are official GBW items) but will certainly post any info. Anyone with any idea, do share with us. Isn't THE BAD just the cutest! :wub:

Bring back old memories. Nostalgia :sweatingbullets:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFGyoDDvD8

Thanks very much WIE for the youtube clip of the SBS 2003 awards. Been awhile since I've seen the clip, looks like it was uploaded by a SYA fan but luckily.. most of the clip focused on LBH-SHK-All In.

But it's indeed a good nostalgia as All In was the highest rated series for SBS that year and for which LBH won the Daesang while SHK won the Best Actress award. Even LBH had revealed recently that for him, the drama is a beautiful memory all in all.

Hi Hi Hi our ninja-girl Hunter! :w00t: Big Hug! It's always so good to read your cheerful posts!

Yupyup.. GBW will be blasting in the UK soon indeed! Totally envy you, H-hunnie and Celina .. and Jenny. I'm still waiting for my turn to come but so happy for BH fans everywhere. You must tell us everything later.. reserving a big drool-spot already! :lol:

There's been some update on ICWTR recently.. it's likely to premiere this year at Berlinale (also in February) .. there's already talks of this but nothing confirmed at the official website.. yet. We're still waiting for the final confirmation.. hopefully it doesn't end up like last year's Venice Fest. So.. if ICWTR is indeed going to the Berlin Fest and BH would be there :rolleyes: .. would you hop over to Germany.. huh.. huh.. :w00t:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to get those adorable GBW babies (they are official GBW items) but will certainly post any info. Anyone with any idea, do share with us. Isn't THE BAD just the cutest! :wub:

Great to hear from you Rubie *hug* :D

I really hope you get too see GBW soon Rubie, if I only I was Super Girl I would bring our cinema to you hehe :P I'll definitley tell all about the movie and obviously take a bucket for my drool ;)

Thanks for the info about ICWTR, it's good that there has been at least some news. Oh yes! If BH is in Berlin I would hop in my Ninja mobeel and pick you all up on the way, then we'd be off to see our Hunnie! hehe :ph34r:

Thanks Rubie, yup they are so cute! I love the Bad's hair, so much like the real Bad :wub: *pines for the babies*

Great to hear from you Rubie *hug* :D

I really hope you get too see GBW soon Rubie, if I only I was Super Girl I would bring our cinema to you hehe :P I'll definitley tell all about the movie and obviously take a bucket for my drool ;)

Thanks for the info about ICWTR, it's good that there has been at least some news. Oh yes! If BH is in Berlin I would hop in my Ninja mobeel and pick you all up on the way, then we'd be off to see our Hunnie! hehe :ph34r:

Thanks Rubie, yup they are so cute! I love the Bad's hair, so much like the real Bad :wub: *pines for the babies*

H-hunnie, check out our pages from about 10-20 back.. we've got some great caps of BH. For lots of bigger pics of the GBW cuddly toys.. in thumbnails, too.. check out page 896.. they're simply too adorable! :wub:

And.. for some hot delightful fainting pics *ahem* .. must check out page 898 .. ninja-girl might just hop on her mobeel straightaway to Seoul. :lol:

Lotsa Hunnie goodies.. not-to-be-missed!

Guest valley girl

Do you know This ~ sorry if repost

29th Blue Dragon Film Awards (ER) 081201 1/2 (en)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhRDNSp49vA...re=channel_page

29th Blue Dragon Film Awards (ER) 081201 2/2 (en)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMkfis39lYw...re=channel_page

29th Blue Dragon Film Awards BTS (ER) 081208 (en)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw8hmIYzDtU...re=channel_page

Guest mailene28

wow, so many good news here. :)

thanks rubie.. im excited about the LBH shop.. & of cors CJW's shop also.. im sorry, but is it one shop or different?.. i need to read once more. :D

valley girl, thanks for the clips.

wow, so many good news here. :)

thanks rubie.. im excited about the LBH shop.. & of cors CJW's shop also.. im sorry, but is it one shop or different?.. i need to read once more. :D

Hi mailene! Wished I knew more about the LBH Shop/CJW Stylus at the Hallyu Centre.. but for now it's still bits & pieces that we're trying to guess from the Korean articles. Cynthia mentioned that it'll be opened/launched in February (wahh.. so many things happening in Feb ^^). We're not too sure if this is indeed the 9th Avenue contract that both celebs signed on a couple years ago.. finally materializing in 2009.

Hope our LBH-CJW expert pandas, Ching & ylin will be able to fill us in on this later. :blush: Hope everyone will continue to share and talk about Lee Byung Hun more and more, too. :D

Yupyup! Thanks to valley girl for the cool youtube BD links. Fabulous sharing indeed! :lol:

I might be understanding this wrongly/biasedly (based on the online translation) but seems that it's a lot harder & complicated situation for BH to appear on the Park Joong Hoon talk show. Not sure if he'll even appear really appear soon enough/Jan 25th.. due to the sensitivity of "some personal topic". Moreover.. actor Jung Jun Ho is widely mentioned in various articles as the 7th guest instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. Byunghun-ssi might not be ready to reveal all.. not just yet.. :sweatingbullets:

It doesn't feel quite right.. but understandable.. considering.. dotdotdot..

January 17, 2009

이병헌, 토크쇼 출연 '예습 철저' 왜?

[연예백스테이지]

coming200901170011431.jpg

배우 이병헌이 토크쇼 출연을 놓고 '꼼꼼한 체크'를 하고 있습니다.

이병헌은 KBS 2TV <박중훈쇼 대한민국 일요일밤>(이하 박중훈쇼)에 출연하기 위해 제작진과 조율 중인데요. 이병헌 측은 방송 중 오고가는 질문들에 대해 꼼꼼히 살펴보고 있다고 합니다.

과거 개인적인 화제에 대한 해명식의 방송을 하지 않기 위해서라네요.

이미 배우 김태희가 출연해 '재벌과의 비밀결혼설' 등에 대해 솔직한 심정을 고백한 점은 인상적이었지만, 과거의 '설'을 다시 되풀이해 소개됐다는 말도 나왔죠.

<박중훈쇼> 제작진은 이병헌의 요구를 적극적으로 수용할 계획이라고 하네요.

Source: sports.hankooki.com

Online-translated gist

Lee, on talk shows, thorough preparation, 'Why?

Lee appeared on the show, actors' scrupulous check 'are.

Lee Byung-hun, the KBS 2TV <Park Jung Hoon Show Republic of Korea ilyoilbam> I'm on the staff and coordination. Lee questions about the broadcast of the way is said to look at carefully.

Personal past, not to broadcast on the topic of the expression to explain LA's.

Kim Tae-hee, the actor already appeared, with conglomerates bimilgyeolhonseol 'feels about confessing that impressive, but in the past States' About doepulyihae again did say that.

<Park Joong Hoon Show> They actively accommodate the needs of Lee's plan.

Guest mailene28

Hi mailene! Wished I knew more about the LBH Shop/CJW Stylus at the Hallyu Centre.. but for now it's still bits & pieces that we're trying to guess from the Korean articles. Cynthia mentioned that it'll be opened/launched in February (wahh.. so many things happening in Feb ^^). We're not too sure if this is indeed the 9th Avenue contract that both celebs signed on a couple years ago.. finally materializing in 2009.

Hope our LBH-CJW expert pandas, Ching & ylin will be able to fill us in on this later. :blush: Hope everyone will continue to share and talk about Lee Byung Hun more and more, too. :D

oic. but thanks, coz sooner or later, i know we'll get to know anything about it. :) it just trigger my excitement upon reading.. :lol:

I might be understanding this wrongly/biasedly (based on the online translation) but seems that it's a lot harder & complicated situation for BH to appear on the Park Joong Hoon talk show. Not sure if he'll even appear .. due to the sensitivity of "some personal topic". Moreover.. actor Jung Jun Hoo is widely mentioned in various articles as the 7th guest instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. Byunghun-ssi might not be ready to reveal all.. not just yet.. :sweatingbullets:

It doesn't feel quite right.. but understandable.. considering.. dotdotdot..

thanks fo the gist rubie! well, hope everything s fine with his skeds. whatever reason he has, i support him. JJH is a good replacement though.

Guest valley girl

Rubie, LBH so nice .. with his Going Wild fans hahhahahahaha...

and his Expression about winning awards in blue dragon hahahha

thanks fo the gist rubie! well, hope everything s fine with his skeds. whatever reason he has, i support him. JJH is a good replacement though.

I hope everything will work out well, eventually. Honestly, I don't like the sound of 'replacement' but it might just be a temporary adjustment of the schedule. Perhaps, BH needed more time to prepare for the talkshow which he's going to appear in.. might be a bit later than initially announced. He's (and/or his management) been known to be quite particular on certain issues.. here and there.

On the other hand.. JJH might be asked about his wedding plans that went bust last year. Maybe he'll open up about the situation that happened. Somehow.. going on talk shows.. sure has some pros and more cons to the guests invited.. I believe that's what BH is trying to visualize himself with.