Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

rubes hunnie, i know our dear sis, Armin subscribes to KBS... she regularly watches their dramas on line. Maybe you can ask her.

I'll try Sung-ja's suggestion first before troubling Armin-sis and everyone else. Aish.. seems like.. I'm the big "blurr-baby" when it comes to KBS streaming. :sweatingbullets: :blush: :lol:

Hahaha!!! I got :wacko: with all the Misters names...... So, CP is not a cousin? :unsure:

Well, still, my fave is still Charles Pak and you know why rubie hunnie. ;):P

Thanks cynthia and Sung-ja for all the tidbits on BH's circle of men.

Yupyup.. still CP the VIP for us, always.. how can we forget, huh. :rolleyes: But.. my Mr. Song is back for good.. :blush: .. his sudden resignation from BH Ent before.. almost.. created a storm ripple in my book. :P

You could be the first to know, so pm me when you know B)

Looks like rubie-hunnie knows a lot about Miss Song, she must be on your better-be-good book, right :rolleyes:

Nah.. Jan-hunnie.. you're thinking much too far. :P It's actually quite an obvious 'pattern' at ArtistView.. as they only have 4 major Korean clients in their nest.. so.. pretty easy Math equation. :D Besides.. I'm still updating All In thread (plus other BH relates) every now and then.. as well as whatever and whoever related to him. And of course, Artist View too.. since it's practically co-existing with BH Entertainment.

My book has a very simple rule-of-the-heart.. that's why you see me so interested to know even the men/managers working for BH.. for the obvious reason.. Byunghun-ssi, who will undoubtly & ultimately holds the cue..

A BYUNGHUN EXCLUSIVE!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

This one-on-one Q & A just pops up in 2009! :w00t: Likely done around the UK trip.. almost like the CNN interview but such a treat!

An ABSOLUTE MUST MUST-READ! thumbup.gif

]

obsessfilms1.jpg

Mike Edwards talks to Byung-hun Lee about

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD

and a little bit about G.I. JOE!

Posted by Michael Edwards (ME)

mike_int.jpg

ME: Was The Good The Bad The Weird as fun to make as it was to watch?

It was really fun because this was my first villain role. In fact I asked him to do this, I had two contracts starting at the same time but I chose this because it looked so great.

ME: What was the most fun thing you did when shooting THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD?

Some of the most fun bits are in the deleted scenes. I had two facial expressions I really liked because each time I was given a reaction shot we did several takes and I always suggested to him [Mr Kim] that I do the last one just however I wanted to and that was always my favourite and was the most fun because I could just put myself in the situation and react to how it felt. And what came out of it made myself and the director happy, which was great fun. Although, as I said, unfortunately some have been deleted.

ME: How about re-enacting some for me now?

(Laughs) I think that’d be pretty hard.

ME: It has been unusual for you to play such dark and unsympathetic roles…

Yeah, I’ve never done it before so it was a very new experience for me. I could realise that I had those expressions, those eyes and those emotions. It was surprising to find these aspects that I never knew. And Mr Kim was surprised too. We’d worked together previously and he saw a new side of me.

ME: Was there anything in particular that inspired your performance or that influenced the way you played the character?

No, actually. I just read the script and tried to emphasize the bad guy inside of me.

ME: So he took a chance casting you in that role then?

I don’t think so. He’s got confidence in me, he even gave me a choice between playing The Good and The Bad and I asked him ‘What do YOU want me to do?’. And he said ‘have the bad guy, you would be so cold.’ But I really wanted to have that role too, so it worked out well.

ME: Have you been surprised by the international reception of the film?

Of course. When I went to Cannes with the film I was so nervous. The actors hadn’t even seen it yet! It was our first screening and also we were wondering about the response of the audience. But after the screening they were talking for like ten minutes. They were clapping for a long time, it was a surprising experience.

ME: What do you think it is about the film that really appeals to people?

Ummm. First of all it’s a western that everybody can like, and secondly it’s an oriental western which is funny. There are a lot of comedy, a lot of twists and so on. A western western is harder, just two guys in the desert fighting. Bang! That’s it. Maybe some flies. Some staring. But this film is more active.

ME: What is it about (Dir.) Kim that attracts you to his films?

A lot of things, but he can make a story so interesting and defined. He never loses the details. He always cares about the set, props, wardrobe - everything! He must have a headache every time he films, there’s just so much there. That’s what actors like to work with. rbhcool.gif

ME: How did you find working with The Good and The Weird?

People, especially Asian journalists, are always wondering whether the guys are in competition with each other. And we’d also thought like that. But when we got into the desert in China we just didn’t have time to think about it. The environment was the worst, it was so hard. Not only because of the action but the place was terrible, we’re talking about huge amount of heat and sometimes we couldn’t breath because of the sandstorms. And it wasn’t just sandstorms, everything was just so awkward and uncomfortable so you have to gather. You can’t worry about those kind of things. We were so happy whenever we had free time, we’d just make a team and the stunt guys and the actors we play a game of soccer. There were no actresses, only guys. It was like the army!

ME: Having played romantic leads before were you disappointed by the lack of women?

(Laughs) Yeah! But still, although with guys only we can talk about anything, we could talk about girls, we can walk around naked. 3drool.gif3drool.gif3drool.gif We can do anything! :w00t:

ME: You’re about to make your Hollywood debut, how do you feel about that?

I’ve actually had two Hollywood experiences, the first was I COME WITH THE RAIN, with Josh Hartnett, and the second is GI JOE. It’s been quite a good experience, although everything was so different. I’ve been working in Korea and I don’t want to lose my place. If I have the chance to work with Hollywood people again then why not, but I’m always going to be working in Korea.

ME: Did you get to hang out much with Dennis Quaid and Brendan Fraser?

Dennis Quaid had to shoot earlier than me, so we only met for one day of shooting and a couple of rehearsals and I never met Brendan Fraser!

ME: That sucks. But you get your own action figure though right?

Yeah, it’s coming out. It was really strange, I had it in my hand and although it was so tiny I could tell it was me! They’re so detailed.

ME: Aside from getting your own action figure, what were the main differences between making a movie in Korea and the US?

American productions are more rational than the Korean ones, they think time is really important because they don’t want to waste the money. You always gather at 6am! But not in Korea. They just decide right after a day’s shooting that, like, we’ll meet at 12 O’clock or something! And it’s less like a family in America, but maybe because it’s all still so unfamiliar to me. It all feels too logical, for example I had a couple of days to visit places and the studio guys just said ‘why don’t you just look over the contract again’! It sometimes make me feel like I’m not a human and that’s pretty bad. :mellow::( :(

ME: OK, so last question. What Korean films or directors do you particularly admire?

Park Chan Wook is actually a really good friend of mine, and I have to say I like his movies. But there are lots of good directors in Korea, Joon-Hwan and Joon-ho Bong are great.

THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD is out in UK cinemas on 6th February. Watch it, it’s awesome!

Mike Edwards

Chief Film Critic obsessedwithfilm.com

I'm really anticipating the "Good, Bad, Weird" but I'm quite not satisfied with the casting of the other roles. I hope it will still be changed. I mean except LBH of course.

I'm really anticipating the "Good, Bad, Weird" but I'm quite not satisfied with the casting of the other roles. I hope it will still be changed. I mean except LBH of course.

Hi riehae.. hope I'm not mistaken by your post but the movie 'Good, Bad, Weird' (GBW) is already done with the filming and screening since July last year. The casting won't be changed in any way as it's now a finished product. From the critics' reviews, Song Kang Ho and LBH are highly praised for their sterling acting performances and same goes to Jung Woo Sung, despite some limitation in his role.

Hope you'll be able to watch it soon, it'll be screened in the UK starting February and in the US, very soon as well.. and that your anticipation/expectation will not be disappointing. :blush:

Guest cynthia05

I really think he will have a shorter hair for Iris... I havent seen an international spy with medium long, colored thick wavy hair.... LOL..... Think James Bond with BH's red wine/warm brown shade/highlights. LOL ..... BH can always wear a wig if he's in disguise. :lol:

:

Agree with you, Ellabel.....it must look weird if there is an international spy with long coloured hair.....what I hope to see is some stylish hairdo with well-cut suits (which Hunnie looks best in) and of course coupled with his "taekwondo" and some sleek and nifty moves

Maybe the reason why PJH's show is not rating well inspite of the high-profile guests is that he doesnt solicit any new or controversial answers from his guests. Usually talk shows are being watched becoz of the controversies or rumors that will be cleared or created by the interviews given by the VIPs.

BH can help PJH's show to be a by-word or talk of the town if he will announce there who his gf is and when he is getting married. Surely, that will create waves and will make the audience curious of his show. Just my thots. :rolleyes::lol:

I am sure if he does that the ratings will shoot sky-high....but it is just not his style....prefering to keep a low profile where his personal life is concerned

I am sure if he does that the ratings will shoot sky-high....but it is just not his style....prefering to keep a low profile where his personal life is concerned

The talkshow might come out like the SkyPerfecTV interview *maybe*.. subtle questions but touches on important & interesting points (of dating/love/marriage?) in not too obvious ways. But there's something "surprising" about BH actually saying yes to appear in PJH's talkshow despite the rating, etc [which could mean that he has something to share]. As we all know how very private and secretive he has been about his personal life all these years. We hear nothing, we see nothing and we know nothing about anything/anyone.

Of course.. very rarely.. he does let something slip.. like wanting to get married but not rushing/looking for it.. etc.

BH may not actually say anything (more than he should) from his own admission but.. maybe.. some of his action might be telling something. But then again.. for all we know.. he might be talking about the upcoming movies Rise of Cobra, ICWTR and IRIS particularly. Let's see what happens this Jan 25th. :sweatingbullets:

LEH's pics in pretty hanboks came up at BH's media page yesterday. Thanks to Kpopped Sisters, a translated update to share for something totally different. :D

The charity fashion show had a number of celebrities/tv personalities doing the catwalk with their spouses/children. Why oh why.. didn't they get LEH's Oppa to model with her as well? Wouldn't that be awesome instead! ^^

Anyway.. for pics of the rest, please refer Kpopped Sisters through the link provided below.

14 January 2009

Park Sul-nyeo showcases beautiful Hanbok designs

Park Sul-nyeo held a charity fashion show at the Hyatt Hotel in Seoul on Jan 13. She is known for creating oh-so beautiful Hanboks, the traditional costume of Korea.

Many celebrities – actors, singers and models – showed their support by donning one of her lavish creations and strutting down the runway. Part of the show’s proceeds is channeled into the coffers of the Red Cross of South Korea.

Lee Eun-hee shows us the hanbok-cum-slim wrap design

eunhee1.jpg

th_eunhee2.jpg th_eunhee3.jpg th_eunhee4.jpg th_eunhee5.jpg th_eunhee6.jpg

OTHER HIGHLIGHT

Park Hae-mi is light on her feet as she takes to the stage

Comedian Kim Han-seok holds onto his wife for support

Lee Su-geun celebrates being on the runway with his wife, but is missing the boys from 2 Days 1 Night

Whoa Kim Su-mi, you had a lot done to your face! Does it hurt to smile?

It's a family affair for Yeom Gyeong-hwan who is seen here with his wife and kid

Jung Young-sook is tickled pink because her catwalk partner is child actor Wang Suk-hyun

Im Hyeok-pil gets his daughter to warm up to the crowd. Aww, so cute! (The girl, not the Dad ;-P)

Kim Hye-seon shines in her spring motif hanbok

Model Seo Dan-bi sashays down the catwalk in a black and bold number

Eva of Chit Chat of Beautiful Ladies shows off the "painting" on her costume - lovely

Source: Newsen, credits to k-popped.com

Guest Janie Simply

Nah.. you're thinking much too far. :P It's actually quite an obvious 'pattern' at ArtistView.. as they only have 4 major Korean clients in their nest..

Less is more..., wah, out of the 4 clients, 3 attended PD's wedding <_<

Btw.. .. you got BH's name wrong leh.. he's known as Lee Byung Hun/Byung Heon/Byeong Hun/Byeng Hun or even Byeong Heon. But not Byung Hoon (that's the name of PD LBH who directed Dae Jang Geum) and certainly not Lee Byung Hyun. :wacko: That's Hyun Bin's name. :P

edit: thanks Jan for editing the famous household name .. BH / HB ..

Aish, why do they have to associate hunnie's name with those HIGH CALIBER celebrities as mentioned, just pray and hope that his name doesn't get overshadowed by them <_<

Oh, pretty insightful there with the BH/HB thingy ;)

Will read the exclusive CNN-liked interview later, wonder which name they use on LBH :rolleyes:

Yes yes can't wait for the new hairstyle to come along. The day u see it will be when Iris is ready to start filming. Oh no, we will still see him in that hairstyle in the talkshow and Berlin Film Festival??

When is BFF? We might be able to see him earlier than that :sweatingbullets: I think this Pitiable City is going to debut on January 22. Since one of the Jeongs actor mentioned earlier that it is because of LBH's highly recommendation and constant nudging that he was cast in the movie. Hope LBH will take time out of his hectic schedule to relax and have a good laugh at this comedy and most important of all to support his friend JWI, friendship forever :)

http://movie.daum-img.net/movie/movie-phot...ster_380662.jpg

Oh, pretty insightful there with the BH/HB thingy ;)

Will read the exclusive CNN-liked interview later, wonder which name they use on LBH :rolleyes:

Perhaps this isn't the 'correct' way to differentiate the names since I'm not any familiar with Hangul.. just noticing the obvious like BH's name.. but.. note that each Hun / Hyun / Hoon is not the same despite the somewhat similar way they sounded..

Lee Byung Hun 이병

Hyun Bin

PD Lee Byung Hoon 이병

For LBH's overseas/global ventures, he goes by the name LEE BYUNG HUN (those other varied version usually comes from the Korean media themselves).. or BYUNG HUN LEE as shown in the GI Joe list of cast as well as ICWTR.. and this is how he's known internationally, by CNN.. in Cannes. No matter what some blogs are saying, he's using his own Korean name and that's it.

Quick-link

Lee Byung Hun CNN interview Nov 2008 [X]

When is BFF? We might be able to see him earlier than that :sweatingbullets: I think this Pitiable City is going to debut on January 22. Since one of the Jeongs actor mentioned earlier that it is because of LBH's highly recommendation and constant nudging that he was cast in the movie. Hope LBH will take time out of his hectic schedule to relax and have a good laugh at this comedy and most important of all to support his friend JWI, friendship forever :)

http://movie.daum-img.net/movie/movie-phot...ster_380662.jpg

Berlinale is in February but we're not sure or confirmed that BH will go, all depends on ICWTR if it's really included in the line-up. So far, a number of movies have already been announced including the Korean showcase.

We'll wait for the final word from the fest. Hope it doesn't happen like last year's Cannes/Venice Fest.

59_IFB_logo.gif

That's great update about 'Pitiable City', Jan. All the while I thought it's a drama series. :wacko: Hope we will see BH attending the premiere, it'll be cool to see him. And that JWI had publicly commented all about BH.. in a good way.

Guest huangsy

Perhaps this isn't the 'correct' way to differentiate the names since I'm not any familiar with Hangul.. just noticing the obvious like BH's name.. but.. note that each Hun / Hyun / Hoon is not the same despite the somewhat similar way they sounded..

Lee Byung Hun 이병

Hyun Bin

PD Lee Byung Hoon 이병

And to add to the confusion, for LBH's 헌, the romanisation is 'Hun' under the old rules but "Heon" under the new (since 2000) Korean government rules for romanisation of Hangeul.

And to add to the confusion, for LBH's 헌, the romanisation is 'Hun' under the old rules but "Heon" under the new (since 2000) Korean government rules for romanisation of Hangeul.

Thanks Huang for the info, didn't know about the Korean government's romanisation rule on this. No wonder, I'd see (for instance) KBS English news updates using Lee Byung-Heon instead of Lee Byung Hun.. which he's more known outside Korea. Similarly.. Hyun also goes by Hyeon as well as Jung becomes Jeong, Sun to Seon.. Yun as Yeon, etc..

As long as we know which ones refer to BH.. that's more important, huh. :blush:

Is 9th Avenue finally ready in 2009!!? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Gist most needed! :w00t:

한류의 중심 ''이병헌-최지우'' 스타샵(SHOP) 오픈

조선일보 기사전송 2009-01-15 14:18 | 최종수정 2009-01-15 14:18

2009011500801_0.jpg

한류스타 통한 외국 관광객 유치 사업 박차

도심 백화점형 아울렛몰 '나인스에비뉴'는 패셔니스타 최지우, 이병헌과 손잡고 ‘최지우 스타일러스샵, ‘이병헌 카오리샵’ 등 스타샵을 오픈한다고 밝혔다.

‘최지우 스타일러스샵’은 최지우 단발, 최지우 목걸이 등 드라마 속 패션 스타일을 다양하게 유행시켰던 최지우가 출연중인 ‘스타의 연인’ 속에서 보여줬던 귀걸이, 목걸이 및 다양한 종류의 주얼리 제품을 선보이는 주얼리샵으로 드라마에서 선보였던 최지우 주얼리를 스페셜 에디션으로 별도 구성했으며 최지우의 개인소장품, 애장품, 드라마 소품 등도 함께 선보일 예정이다.

스타일러스샵의 판매아이템은 목걸이, 귀고리, 팔찌, 발찌, 브로치, 핸드폰줄 등 약 200여종이며 최지우 스타샵에 한국의 대표 디자이너 브랜드로 잘 알려진 슈콤마보니도 입점한다.

이와 함께 영화 ‘놈놈놈’으로 각종 시상식에서 남우주연상을 거머쥐었던 영화배우 이병헌도 모자 전문 브랜드로 구성된 ‘이병헌샵’을 선보인다. 이병헌샵서 판매되는 모자 상품들은 일본에서 선풍적인 인기를 얻은 바 있으며 국내에서도 많은 연예인들이 착용, 관심을 모으고 있다.

특히 이병헌, 최지우가 대표적인 한류스타인 만큼 이번에 선보이는 스타샵이 외국관광객들에게 큰 인기를 얻을 뿐만 아니라 관광객 유치에도 큰 역할을 할 것으로 관련 업계는 기대하고 있다.

[키위스타 제작팀 keywuistar@chosun.com] via news.empas.com

Guest kimchibabe

Can't get to see this on my pc BUT I did get to watch it just last night at 1am. I was between laughing and crying...seeing BH's name and face on my tv screen.

Its' him...he looks so different. He's more meatier today...much more goodlooking. His face more angular, his jaw firmer. He's so mature looking in the series.

ALL IN is showing here at 20:00 Saturdays and Sundays.

Guest huangsy

Is 9th Avenue finally ready in 2009!!? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Gist most needed! :w00t:

한류의 중심 ''이병헌-최지우'' 스타샵(SHOP) 오픈

Centre of Hallyu "LBH-CJW" Star Shop Open

조선일보 기사전송 2009-01-15 14:18 | 최종수정 2009-01-15 14:18

한류스타 통한 외국 관광객 유치 사업 박차

Through Hallyu, overseas tourists nascent business accelerated

도심 백화점형 아울렛몰 '나인스에비뉴'는 패셔니스타 최지우, 이병헌과 손잡고 ‘최지우 스타일러스샵, ‘이병헌 카오리샵’ 등 스타샵을 오픈한다고 밝혔다.

Downtown city department store type Lotte Mall '9th Avenue" fashionista Choi Ji Woo and Lee Byung Hun hand in hand "Choi Ji Woo Stylus Shop, Lee Byung Hun (ga-o-ri/gallery?) Shop, etc star shops open, it was revealed.

‘최지우 스타일러스샵’은 최지우 단발, 최지우 목걸이 등 드라마 속 패션 스타일을 다양하게 유행시켰던 최지우가 출연중인 ‘스타의 연인’ 속에서 보여줬던 귀걸이, 목걸이 및 다양한 종류의 주얼리 제품을 선보이는 주얼리샵으로 드라마에서 선보였던 최지우 주얼리를 스페셜 에디션으로 별도 구성했으며 최지우의 개인소장품, 애장품, 드라마 소품 등도 함께 선보일 예정이다.

스타일러스샵의 판매아이템은 목걸이, 귀고리, 팔찌, 발찌, 브로치, 핸드폰줄 등 약 200여종이며 최지우 스타샵에 한국의 대표 디자이너 브랜드로 잘 알려진 슈콤마보니도 입점한다.

(above about CJW necklace and jewellery items used in drama that became popular ....)

이와 함께 영화 ‘놈놈놈’으로 각종 시상식에서 남우주연상을 거머쥐었던 영화배우 이병헌도 모자 전문 브랜드로 구성된 ‘이병헌샵’을 선보인다. 이병헌샵서 판매되는 모자 상품들은 일본에서 선풍적인 인기를 얻은 바 있으며 국내에서도 많은 연예인들이 착용, 관심을 모으고 있다.

In addition, together with LBH too, who has taken all sorts of best actor awards, thru movie GBW, specialist hat brand collection "LBH Shop" announced. The hats to be sold at LBH Shop are immensely popular in Japan and in Korea, many stars also wear them.

특히 이병헌, 최지우가 대표적인 한류스타인 만큼 이번에 선보이는 스타샵이 외국관광객들에게 큰 인기를 얻을 뿐만 아니라 관광객 유치에도 큰 역할을 할 것으로 관련 업계는 기대하고 있다.

Especially to extent LBH, CJW are representative Hallyu stars, not only hope that star shop would be hugely popular with overseas tourists but also develop trade/business.

[키위스타 제작팀 keywuistar@chosun.com] via news.empas.com

^ That is excellent gist, Huang! Thanks so much for the cool update. *awesome!*

So, it's indeed the 9th Avenue opening, finally. No wonder we kept waiting for years for it to launch when it's (probably) waiting till 2009.. to make it more significant. :lol:

Really appreciate this very much! ^^

Can't get to see this on my pc BUT I did get to watch it just last night at 1am. I was between laughing and crying...seeing BH's name and face on my tv screen.

Its' him...he looks so different. He's more meatier today...much more goodlooking. His face more angular, his jaw firmer. He's so mature looking in the series.

ALL IN is showing here at 20:00 Saturdays and Sundays.

That is fabulous sharing :w00t: .. getting to watch our InHa-ssi again.. totally feeling your excitement! :wub: I so agree that BH looks a bit different/older in the series compared to he is now.. 6 years after. :rolleyes::P

He looks a bit rough/rogue?, too.. fitting the role to a T but these days.. BH in late thirties.. he gets just so much better & sexier in appearance. How can that be? :blush: Not that we're complaining.. not at all. no2.gif

Guest cynthia05

The talkshow might come out like the SkyPerfecTV interview *maybe*.. subtle questions but touches on important & interesting points (of dating/love/marriage?) in not too obvious ways. But there's something "surprising" about BH actually saying yes to appear in PJH's talkshow despite the rating, etc [which could mean that he has something to share]. As we all know how very private and secretive he has been about his personal life all these years. We hear nothing, we see nothing and we know nothing about anything/anyone.

Of course.. very rarely.. he does let something slip.. like wanting to get married but not rushing/looking for it.. etc.

BH may not actually say anything (more than he should) from his own admission but.. maybe.. some of his action might be telling something. But then again.. for all we know.. he might be talking about the upcoming movies Rise of Cobra, ICWTR and IRIS particularly. Let's see what happens this Jan 25th. :sweatingbullets:

I am not surprised that he agreed to appear despite the poor ratings as BH is a person who dearly cherish friendship and especially if a good friend were to approach him hoping to boost the ratings of the programme. On his part, itz also a platform for publicity of his upcoming drama "IRIS" and movies, GBW and ICWTR. I was particularly touched a couple of years ago when the clothing company Chasecult which he had been endorsing for many years, went into the red. Not only did he not abandon the CF but continued to support the company without even being paid until the company recovered from bad times. That says so much for our Hunnie and the bond he forges among his friends which he greatly treasures and will be out there for them in times of need.

But hopefully he will reveal something "interesting" and we have a better insight on him.....

As for 9th Avenue.....is it finally coming together...hopefully? Did it say when it would be opening?.....it was still in a state of shambles in Jul last year but not too sure if his contract is still valid as he had only signed a 6-month pact back in 2006!

Thanks to Huangsy for the translated gist from article at empas.com

Centre of Hallyu 'LBH-CJW' Star Shop Opens

Through Hallyu, overseas tourists nascent business accelerated

200901151842171001_1.jpg

It was recently revealed/launched in downtown city department store type Lotte Mall '9th Avenue" fashionista Choi Ji Woo and Lee Byung Hun hand in hand "Choi Ji Woo Stylus Shop, Lee Byung Hun Gallery Shop, etc star shop opens.

2009011500801_0.jpg

Most of CJW necklaces and jewellery items used in her popular drama series will be available for purchase.

In addition, together with Lee Byung Hun, who has taken all sorts of best actor awards, and through the movie GBW, a special hat brand collection "LBH Shop" is announced. The hats sold at LBH Shop are immensely popular in Japan and in Korea, as many stars also wear them.

Especially because both Lee Byung Hun and Choi Ji Woo are representative Hallyu stars, it is hoped that star shop would be hugely popular with overseas tourists as well as developing trade and business.

Related sites

Official 9th-avenue website

Update in Japanese

Byunghun of our Hearts [X]

イ・ビョンホン&チェ・ジウのように変身したければ?

2009/01/15(Thu) 16:24

93944_l.jpg

SBSドラマ『{スターの恋人}』のイ・マリスタイルが気になるならば,「9th-avenue」を訪れてみよう。都心デパート型アウトレット・モール「9th-avenue」は、ファッションリーダーチェ・ジウ、イ・ビョンホンとタッグを組み、「{チェ・ジウ} スタイラスショップ」「{イ・ビョンホン} カオリショップ」のスターショップをオープンする。

「9th-avenue」売り場で見れる「チェ・ジウ スタイラスショップ」は、チェ・ジウネックレス、イヤリングなど、ドラマ『スターの恋人』のファッションスタイルを流行させているジュエリーショップだ。ドラマで披露したチェ・ジウジュエリーをスペシャルエディションで別途構成し、チェ・ジウの個人愛用品、ドラマ小道具なども、一緒に展示する予定だ。またチェ・ジウスターショップに、韓国の代表デザイナー・ブランドでよく知られたシューコンマボニーも入店する。

これと共に映画『{良い奴、悪い奴、変な奴}』のイ・ビョンホンも、帽子専門ブランドの「イ・ビョンホンショップ」を披露する。イ・ビョンホンショップで販売される帽子商品は、日本で旋風的な人気を得て、韓国でも多くの芸能人が着用して関心を集めている。「9th-avenue」はデパート以上の高級ショッピングモールを指向する都心型アウトレット追求だ。チェ・ジウ、イ・ビョンホンが代表的な韓流スターであるだけに、今回オープンするスターショップが外国観光客誘致にも大きな役割を果たすことが期待される。

Source: innolife.net

Although the translation by hanfever did not mention LBH's name, various Korean media sources definitely included him as one of the major 13 stars stated in the articles. The issue has been quite the news in Korean entertainment industry recently.

Either way, all eyes will be on Byunghun-ssi as he returns to TV world with IRIS. We sure hope for the BEST & more.

Posted on 01.15.09 to Korean Dramas, Star News by hanfever

Double Standard By Drama Production Association Sparks Outrage

200901121037041001_1.jpg

Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response sometimes seen in abducted hostages, in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the abductor, regardless of the danger in which they have been placed. The Korea TV Drama Production Company Association has once stated that due to the high wages asked by the Korean stars, the TV drama market is facing a possible collapse fueled by the global economic recession. However recently, they have announced that some “special benefits” may be given to selected top Korean stars. This is truly an undeniable contradiction to their previous stand and also a parallel that could be drawn to the above case.

The association has previously requested the production companies to cap the salary of actors at 15million won per episode but now they have released a statement stating that additional bonus can be given to their list of 13 actors, including Bae Yong Joon, Song Seung Hun, Choi Ji Woo, Kwon Sang Woo, Park Yong Ha etc. After this news was announced, the association was “attacked” by the public for putting out a double standard. Some said: “It seems like they are going back to their old way of giving benefits to the top stars, didn’t they already learn their lessons?” Others continued: “So who are the ones who will be able to receive the bonus? Is there any standard rules? Going by the current rule, if both the MBC Drama Awards Daesang winners, Kim Myung Min and Song Seung Hun, acts in the same drama, there will be a huge disparity to their wages. Because, only Song Seung Hun can receive the bonus.”

After the success of “Winter Sonata” and “Dae Jang Geum” a few years ago, the association has hoped to create new miracles by using top Korean actors. But at the same time, they have neglected the originality of the plots and theme of the drama. In the end, they still fail to top the earlier dramas. This incident has once again show that even amidst the near-collapse of the TV drama production market, the association has not given up their reliance on top Korean actors as their selling point.

A star’s market value doesn’t stay the same all the time. And also, the popularity of an actor is not an indication of the TV ratings his/her drama is going to receive. I think we have seen this so many times. Even for Bae Yong Joon who has as much as few hundred thousand fans in Japan, saw his “Tae Wang Sa Shin Gi” only obtained a 7% rating when it was shown in NHK last year. This is a stark contrast compared to “Winter Sonata” which had over 20% during broadcast. So is it a wise choice for the association to give benefits to certain actors while neglecting others? Some said that this might be an excuse to entice certain stars to act in the new dramas. But whatever it is, the market value of those listed stars will certainly rise after this.

What the production companies must focus on is the grooming of newcomers. Both Bae Yong Joon and Lee Young Ae were also “new faces” in the asian entertainment circle during the broadcast of “Winter Sonata” and “Dae Jang Geum”. But both dramas now made them a recognized icon in Asia.

Ok, Chosun.com probably has their own opinions towards the “old” stars but generally they have pointed out the “flaw” in the current Korean dramas, the use of top stars at all cost, that is if they want market it to the rest of Asia. I think the script more than anything else. The double standard by the association is also something that is rather unfair, if you think about it. First you cap the wages to 15million won, which will make every actors’ wages decrease in accordance, no matter how small or large. Next, you give bonus to the top stars, which in essence increases the salary gap between A-listers and others. Favouritism at its finest? Also, can I safely say that Park Shin Yang was banned because he was not in the list handpicked by the top bosses of the association and he was asking too much?

Source: Chosun.com via hanfever.com

Korea Media news ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News ! News