Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

“ Otsukare-sama desita.” is the word I often hear from BH.

He speaks this Japanese sentence in perfect way.

( I don’t know why but I typed desita then it appeard in different words in my previous post, I cannot modify for some reason. )

Something wrong with the PC, the word desita, if I put h between s and i then it appears differently... so i omitted h.

“ Otsukare-sama demini coopera.” is the word I often hear from BH.

He speaks this Japanese sentence in perfect way.

( I don’t know why but I typed demini coopera then it appeard in different words in my previous post, I cannot modify for some reason. )

How does the word suppose to sound like?

One reason why some words do not appear as it should because the forum has a (swear)filter on. I can't say why it should appear differently unless it's banned somehow.. soompi doesn't allow some words deemed inappropriate to be used. Not because of the meaning specifically but maybe.. the way it sounded in English.. perhaps? :sweatingbullets:

Try putting a dot or gap between the alphabets.. the word might appear.

ps: just saw your additional post.. it's the word.. s.h.!.t in the term. It's not because of the Japanese term or anything.. just the swear filter working overly-efficient.

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Oricon single CD chart showed ITSUKA at No. 1 daily sales as of Oct 17 again :w00t: .

And Oct 18 ITSUKA dropped to No.2 but the margin is still very narrow.

According to JOFC, our Hunnie called his friends around after he found out his song became No.1 for the first time. :lol:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/

Well if there is someone who has not bought the CD yet and if you are planning to buy, I recommend the limited edition A.

Because it has DVD including the documentary which shows the part of Arena Tour. This DVD is region all so I believe you will not have any problem to play in your countries.

Of course if you could buy all 3 CDs, it would be wonderful but particularly for those who could not see Arena Tour, I recommend A.

Limited edition B has MV of Ring of Kiss though…..

Limited edition A also has MV of " Ring of Kiss "

The name of the Japanese actress is Tae Kimura, her latest work is NHK drama "Shanghai Typhoon" “, she acted with Peter Ho.

http://www.nhk.or.jp/dodra/typhoon/index.html

http://www.yougooffice.com/artist/profile/index.php?pid=4

^ Wahhh.. Byunghun-ssi must be so elated to know that his song became No. 1 two days in a row. :lol: Listening to his voice singing the songs.. just melts everything away. :wub: Itsuka is so lively and a lot of fun.. seeing BH so happy singing the song.. priceless! Kiss of Ring is simply romantic and with such beautiful rendition.. an awesome treat indeed.. an even special surprise than the next one. Though the storyline had obviously been set prior the shooting of the MV.. seems like BH had given much of his input as well? Right?

That is great info Sung-ja.. definitely planning to get the CD.. limited edition A sounds cool, and so is limited edition B. :blush:

Btw.. Sung-ja or anyone who knows.. I have a "wanted" question to ask :sweatingbullets: .. on behalf of a shy BH fan.. is there.. anywhere.. online sites especially that has the full Tokyo Dome 2006 DVD as well as the Arena Tour 2007 set.. available for non-Japanese fans?

We really like to get these special discs, too but had no inkling where to buy them. Would appreciate any good info on this. :blush:

ps: what's Tae Kimura's most popular jdorama? And oohh.. Peter Ho is a good buddy of BH. ^^

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

How does the word suppose to sound like?

One reason why some words do not appear as it should because the forum has a (swear)filter on. I can't say why it should appear differently unless it's banned somehow.. soompi doesn't allow some words deemed inappropriate to be used. Not because of the meaning specifically but maybe.. the way it sounded in English.. perhaps? :sweatingbullets:

Try putting a dot or gap between the alphabets.. the word might appear.

ps: just saw your additional post.. it's the word.. s.h.!.t in the term. It's not because of the Japanese term or anything.. just the swear filter working overly-efficient.

Thanks rubie, yes I realized that while I was writing s and h.... the filter read the Japanese word as a swear word,,,, :sweatingbullets: I learned one more thing again. :)

Thanks rubie, yes I realized that while I was writing s and h.... the filter read the Japanese word as a swear word,,,, :sweatingbullets: I learned one more thing again. :)

No problem at all.. we always learn something everyday.. by sharing. :)

I especially love reading about BH liking Southern All Stars, Anzen-chitai and Tube.. to read about this.. from his own words.. is precious info. :blush: We learned so much from you, Sung-ja and others, too. I'll never stop asking about BH at the thread at everytime possible.. not because I'm particularly blurr :sweatingbullets: but because I can never get enough reading & finding more about Byunghun. :D

Guest valley girl

hii galls

i don't know that LBh can sing???.. he has Deep , heavy voice

have you watch sang sang Plus ?? it's when insung+ jin goo promoting dirty carnival

Jin goo can imitate LBH's voice he even voicing For LBH's song??? .

he played as LBH's young in all in . jin Goo seems LBH's fans

Guest ellabel

Everyone,

The BIG news has just arrived! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

ITSUKA made the top of the daily CD sales beating the big rival Tohoshinki (DBSK) for the first time since its release!

as of Oct 16

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/

The news was reported to BH immediately and he said,

" To be number one is not so important for me but I am so glad and I feel so happy that I could achieve something together with my fans. " :wub::wub::wub:

Yes! He made it! and We did it! WOW! I am so happy. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Itsuka was No. 2 on Oct 14 and 15; the ranking was introduced in Japanese TV program " Music Station "yesterday.

http://tvpot.daum.net/clip/ClipView.do?cli...%CC%BA%B4%C7%E5

Wow!!! :w00t:LBH topping the Orion chart! :w00t: And to think he is not a singer.

Congrats to Byung hun-sshi and to all the fans who made it possible... Kumawo! :wub:

But, i love Tohoshinki too..... :blush: :P

Sung-ja.... thanks for all the shared articles and news.

ylin hunnie, nice to see you here..... been wondering about you already... Been busy at work?

Thanks for all the lovely pics of BH with the mic..... looks soooo cute and cool.....

I hope Ching is doing well wherever she is..... i'll miss her....

hii galls

i don't know that LBh can sing???.. he has Deep , heavy voice

have you watch sang sang Plus ?? it's when insung+ jin goo promoting dirty carnival

Jin goo can imitate LBH's voice he even voicing For LBH's song??? .

he played as LBH's young in all in . jin Goo seems LBH's fans

Hi valley girl.. yupyup LBH can sing, his voice is especially perfect for ballads :blush: .. and now he has 2 music album out. One Korean and the latest treat, a Japanese album with two special singles.

I've seen that Sang Sang Plus show of Jin Goo imitating LBH's voice in A Bittersweet Life. :D Have you seen the movie? JG played LBH's right-hand man in the action-noir. The young actor admires BH a lot and he's also a part of LBH's company.

Here's a clip of LBH singing at his fan-meet back in 2001.

I'll Give You All by Lee Byung Hun

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=75gU5GoLy4Q

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Hi everyone,

I just noticed my mistake about CD ITSUKA. The limited edition A also has MV of " Ring of Kiss "

It is a bit expensive but if you have plan to buy only 1 CD, get this one!

Guest valley girl

Hi valley girl.. yupyup LBH can sing, his voice is especially perfect for ballads :blush: .. and now he has 2 music album out. One Korean and the latest treat, a Japanese album with two special singles.

I've seen that Sang Sang Plus show of Jin Goo imitating LBH's voice in A Bittersweet Life. :D Have you seen the movie? JG played LBH's right-hand man in the action-noir. The young actor admires BH a lot and he's also a part of LBH's company.

Here's a clip of LBH singing at his fan-meet back in 2001.

I'll Give You All by Lee Byung Hun

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=75gU5GoLy4Q

Really, you know jin goo so happy while was telling about lee byoung hoon you should watch that hahahhaha.

jin goo is a talented actor , he Really can act.. he is same management with kim min sun, lee byung hoon and han chae young??

Really, you know jin goo so happy while was telling about lee byoung hoon you should watch that hahahhaha.

jin goo is a talented actor , he Really can act

Yup! I've seen the clip.. JG was indeed very happy to be able to imitate LBH's voice & expression in A Bittersweet Life. :blush: He does have a talent for acting. During All In, he observes the way LBH acts and in BSL (Bittersweet life), LBH taught him some acting tips.

valley girl.. just to clarify, hope you don't mind.. :sweatingbullets: .. LBH's name ends with HUN or HEON (헌). If we write the name as Lee Byung/Byeong Hoon (훈).. that would usually refers to the famous PD Lee Byung Hoon instead.. the one who directed Dae Jang Geum (Jewel in the Palace).

for everyone.. more singing clips by BH :wub:

Itsuka (Someday) - Rock Version (2008)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UanpQ07wtfY

~約束~ イ・ビョンホン (Tokyo Dome 2006 Promise - Beautiful Days OST)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo9P6ztHHxQ

Guest valley girl

Yup! I've seen the clip.. JG was indeed very happy to be able to imitate LBH's voice & expression in A Bittersweet Life. :blush: He does have a talent for that.

valley girl.. just to clarify, hope you don't mind.. :sweatingbullets: .. LBH's name ends with HUN or HEON (헌). If we write the name as Lee Byung/Byeong Hoon (훈).. that would usually refers to the famous PD Lee Byung Hoon instead.. the one who directed Dae Jang Geum (Jewel in the Palace).

yeah your right i just realize his name noW !! hahahhaa Sorry

i sometimes mistaken that !!.. korean is the weirdest spelling for me

like jeong woo seong ~ wrote in english jung woo sung ~ spelling in korea jong woo song

so what the the differences by Spelling like Song ~ from song kang ho name

k and g from korean word seems no differences from me unlike mandarin

g spell k

k spells kh

yeah your right i just realize his name noW !! hahahhaa Sorry

i sometimes mistaken that !!.. korean is the weirdest spelling for me

like jeong woo seong ~ wrote in english jung woo sung ~ spelling in korea jong woo song

so what the the differences by Spelling like Song ~ from song kang ho name

k and g from korean word seems no differences from me unlike mandarin

g spell k

k spells kh

That's right! :lol:

We have to quickly learn that some spelling actually meant for the same person/actor. Because of the actors we adore.. we also learn a lot more about the Korean way of writing, etc.. not just the dramas & movies.

28th Hawaii International Film Festival 9-19 October, 2008

October 20, 2008

Director wins over audiences and critics

By Gary C.W. Chun

20081020_feat_hiff2a.jpg

Dennis Oda / doda@starbulletin.com

Director Kim Jee-woon, left, and actor Jung Woo-sung held their awards from the Hawaii International Film Festival, presented during a press conference Saturday. Kim was given HIFF's Maverick Award and Jung the Achievement in Acting Award.

Hollywood has already recognized the achievements of director Kim Jee-woon in its own way. His atmospheric box-office horror hit of 2003, "A Tale of Two Sisters," has been remade in English into "The Uninvited" that stars Elizabeth Banks and Emily Browning and is scheduled to hit theaters in late January.

Kim followed up "Sisters" with 2005's noir-like "A Bittersweet Life," and the director brought the film to the Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival.

He returned this year with "The Good The Bad The Weird," his entertaining homage to Sergio Leone's classic "spaghetti Westerns," in particular the Clint Eastwood classic "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."

Festival Executive Director Chuck Boller described the film as Kim's "kim-chee Western."

Kim and one of the film's stars, Jung Woo-sung, flew to Hawaii on Friday morning and, after some late-night karaoke, according to Boller, were ready to appear the following morning at a press conference at the Garden Terrace of the Halekulani Hotel.

There, Jung was presented with the festival's Achievement in Acting Award, and Kim received the Maverick Award. They later attended a screening of "The Good The Bad The Weird," followed by a reception at the O Lounge.

Kim has built a reputation as the rare filmmaker whose projects consistently win over both audiences and critics.

The man obviously likes to work in different genres, but he half-jokingly said that, after the taxing experience of making his last film on location, "my next film will have no horses, no three main characters, and not another Western."

Later, in a private interview, Kim quickly answered "Yes!" and laughed when asked if this was the most difficult film he had ever done.

"With this movie, there were two big problems that I was constantly dealing with, mainly creative and budget concerns. ... I know that Woody Allen has said that, 'If I can get 60 percent of what I originally wanted from making a movie, I'm happy.' I'm not trying to compare myself to him, but a director's satisfaction is not necessary for a movie like this one, that was mainly made for a large audience."

But Kim did enjoy trying to replicate Leone's camerawork and artistic sensitivity, as well as the performances that he got from his lead actors (who also included popular stars Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun).

"I gave three different missions to my actors," he said. "With Kang-ho as The Weird, his comic role as the robber had to carry the plot throughout the movie. The Bad, as played by Byung-hun, had to bring tension and emotion to his role as the killer. And with Woo-sung, I wanted him to bring a sense of elegance and 'visual pleasure' as The Good as represented by the bounty hunter."

Source: Honolulu Star Bulletin

http://www.starbulletin.com/features/featu...0_hiff_pt2.html

Guest valley girl

this 3 Noms So famous, Song kang ho ,due his acting ability became so Famous in hollywood.

lBH too, then JWS. Wow this movie become legend

i am dying want to watch 3 noms a.k.a The Good The Bad The Weird

Guest valley girl

rubie LBH according this thread

2005: 25th Korea Choice Critics Awards - Best Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

2005: 13th Chunsa Film Arts Festival - Best Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

2006: 42nd PaekSang Arts Awards - Best Film Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

but that stupid wikipedia say that he got 42nd PaekSang Arts Awards - Best Film Actor from once in summer ,,

before read this thread i was so surprised it's impossible he was so amazing in bittersweet ~ it's impossible he got no awards from that movie.

and i know LBH been so long in this industry and has already many projects but dunno that lot.. wow he is K actor with most Drama and film ..

rubie LBH according this thread

2005: 25th Korea Choice Critics Awards - Best Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

2005: 13th Chunsa Film Arts Festival - Best Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

2006: 42nd PaekSang Arts Awards - Best Film Actor (A Bittersweet Life)

but that stupid wikipedia say that he got 42nd PaekSang Arts Awards - Best Film Actor from once in summer ,,

before read this thread i was so surprised it's impossible he was so amazing in bittersweet ~ it's impossible he got no awards from that movie.

and i know LBH been so long in this industry and has already many projects but dunno that lot.. wow he is K actor with most Drama and film ..

The wikipedia and imdb (!) could be quite clueless at times when it comes to real info of the actors. :P That's why we try to keep an updated list for LBH's acting projects, achievements and all the things related to him.. professionally.. and uh-ohh.. some personal stuff, too. :sweatingbullets::rolleyes: :blush:

After the triple Best Actor recognition for BSL (Bittersweet Life), BH didn't get any acting award for 'Once in a Summer' but the movie did win Best Movie at the Critics' Choice Award last year. ^^

Yupyup.. he's been in the industry for almost 17 years now, right from a newbie/extra in the drama series.. going through so much.. setbacks & successes along the way.. to where he is now. And seeing him so consistently giving his best and always surprising us with such fabulous treats.. all the time.. we truly adore, appreciate and respects him so much more!

---

Speaking of fan treats from BH.. the more I watch the new MVs of Someday & Kiss of Ring (first thoughts).. I'm just so amazed at what & how our Byunghun really put his heart & effort into releasing those singles.. and in full Japanese. It tickles me how BH sings so warmly.. in a different language, as if it's his own. The two songs and MVs are totally different to one another.. making it indeed much more than a double surprise. :wub:

Think about it.. he goes all the way to give what his fans wanted.. that is to see him singing (knowing that he's not a singer).. not just that, he's really enjoying it so much, too. A priceless treat on its own. :blush: Akimoto-san really sees that true potential in BH and the man he is, striving on challenges.. our Byunghun-ssi presented more than expected.

A good question posed by kimchibabe-ssi..

to those already watching the "Ring of Kiss" (or is it Kiss of Ring?) MV.. :blush:

what really happened to the ring in the end? Any thoughts? :sweatingbullets:

and..

Not bad at all for the namesake musical :)

October 21, 2008

"The Harmonium in My Memory" Wins 6 Korea Musical Awards

Kim Beop-rae, who starred as the hunchback Quasimodo in the musical “Notre Dame de Paris”, and Kim So-hyun, who played Eliza in “My Fair Lady” won the Best Actor and Best Actress awards at the 14th Korea Musical Awards held in the KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul, on Monday.

“The Harmonium in My Memory” won the best musical award, which is given to the best original Korean musical each year. The Harmonium in My Memory, which is based on a movie, won five other awards, including Best Direction, Best Composition, Best Scenario, Best Stage Design and Best New Actor.

A total of 71 musicals staged between Sep. 2007 and Aug. 2008 competed for 18 awards at this year’s Korea Musical Awards, which is hosted by the Sports Chosun and sponsored by the Chosun Ilbo, KBS and the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.

Credits: englishnews@chosun.com

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0810210016.html