Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest ylin

more likely to be Arena Tour coz Mr Song will be always with him , think we only see CP with him in HK :D

more likely to be Arena Tour coz Mr Song will be always with him , think we only see CP with him in HK :D

Yeah.. but there was once when Mr. Song followed BH to HK (before the Arena Tour).. the time they had the meeting with Akimoto-san in Hong Kong. But then.. we don't even know when BH went to HK for ICWTR.

He just goes eveywhere like a spy.

Those were the days, huh...

Guest ellabel

^^ Yey!! What a good morning! :w00t:

Saw the cast of GBW being interviewed this morning in the replay of KBS's Entertainment Relay.

I was watching the same last nite but i fell asleep. Gosh!! I din know what I missed. :o

LBH, JWS and SKH are all fun to interview.

It's obvious that they've established good camaraderie and closeness during the shoot.

JWS is the clown of the group tho BH as usual is witty in his answers.

The interviewer asked why SKH is not "the Bad" and BH said then nobody will be left for the Weird. :lol:

Hunnie revealed that SKH had stacks of boxes of liquor in his room so if they want to drink they go to his place. :lol:

HUN-nie is still on the slim side but his arm muscles can be seen beneath his shirts and I couldnt get pass that open shirt of his, seeing his chest.... :w00t:;)

Annyeing Ching sis!! How are you? *hugz*

ylin.. speaking of the Arena Tour.. is the DVD out at Amazon.com or somewhere? :mellow:

Just wondering.. the obvious...

Thanks Ella for the KBS Entertainment. Relay update.. always good to read about BH & his co-stars, they'd always have so much fun. :D

and yeah.. like Ella always said.. always... always..

^Thanks Ching sis for relentlessly spreading the BD love.

Just watched the Entertainment Relay interview. I missed seeing him getting interviewed and miss seeing the main Hunnie panda, he was funny in the interview. It was for the movie promo. And the shirt he was wearing, open in the front somewhat wahhhhh....

Our thanks to Amaryllis for sharing the much-talked about clip at the GBW thread ♥

For those who missed last night's KBS Entertainment Relay

Enjoy ^^

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zvamadm3oy

This is an excellent clip from KBS World.. English subs provided. Don't miss it! rbhcool.gif

In such good-natured and warmhearted feeling, BH & SKH talked about JWS like the great colleagues and brothers they are. A chemistry that you've got to see to believe.

Guest ylin

ylin.. speaking of the Arena Tour.. is the DVD out at Amazon.com or somewhere? :mellow:

Just wondering.. the obvious...

Nothing found there yet .... .sigh ....

p.s Thanks for the KBS World clip, have watched also the same clip with chinese sub this morning and enjoyed their chemistry :)

Guest Janie Simply

From Korean Film Observatory No.26 Cannes special edition

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/KOFIC/Channel?...000000000000002

See what the cover page said about LBH, A New WORLD STAR :sweatingbullets:

untitled1.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/jc_rain/111.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t252/jc...untitled114.jpg

credit: 宪宪我心 of Baidu

For full view, click this PDF Download; BH's interview is on pg 20 & 21; very good interview!

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/common/modules...Observatory.pdf

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

^ Must be an old photo.. around the Arena Tour?!?! In HK.. or Tokyo?

BH in his GBW/ICWTR mode..

And there's Mr. Song with him, too..

ylin Thks for the nice pic.

It seems the one when he visited Tokyo for the Arena Tour because he was wearing the same jacket. In the event we saw him dropped in Tsutaya Shibuya ( rental and sell DVD shop ) wearing the same jacket. I love this jacket so much. He looks so cool. B):wub::wub::wub: Want to know the brand name.

I think he was wearing lighter wear when he visited HKG for ICWTR.

Yap! He goes everywhere just like a spy to be ready for the spy drama IRIS :ph34r: hahaha

rubie I never thought about that they did not sell Arena Tour DVD. I just bought it from JOFC web page.

They were selling at the film tour concert too. Or via the application form that JOFC sent to the members.

The DVD is not exclusive for members only so I don't understand how come they do not sell more open anywhere like amazon. Too bad that they do not deliver overseas. :(

I have no time to see the KBS clip yet, have to sleep, not enough sleep lately.... :wacko:

But everyone, thks for so many many nice info and pics to share :):):)

Guest Janie Simply

From Korean Film Observatory No.26 Cannes special edition

For full view, click this PDF Download; BH's interview is on pg 20 & 21; very good interview!

http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/common/modules...Observatory.pdf

Not sure if this is a repeated article :unsure: For those of us whose PC is a bit slow :sweatingbullets: I have retyped the interview for fast reading.

edited

O kay will keep it, thanks :blush:

---

111.jpg

Spotlight...

Between Reason & Sensibility;

Between Beauty & Evil.

LEE Byung Hun, staring in <The Good, The Bad, The Weird>, <I come with the Rain> & <G. I. Joe>

LEE Byung Hun is currently one of the busiest people in the Korean Film industry. 2007 was particularly hectic for him and this year looks to be just as busy. In 2006, he took some time off after the release of <Once in a Summer>, before beginning work on director Kim Jee Woon’s <The Good, The Bad, The Weird> in early 2007, <Hero> with Takuya KIMURA followed by a promotional tour in early Summer and an upcoming role in the Hollywood blockbuster <G.I. Joe>. As soon as he finished work on the 10 month long <The Good, the Bad, The Weird>, he flew immediately to United States. On Jan 23, he picked up his bags and headed to Incheon International Airport. he plans to undertake training for his role in <G.I. Joe> and discuss several other global projects, which cannot be made public at the moment. The ‘Korean Wave’ star is fast becoming a world star.

Why did you take the role of Chang-I in <The Good, The Bad, The Weird>? Isn’t it your first villain role? Were you concerned about being portrayed as a villain?

One day I thought I had been too careful why was I so careful in my choice of role even though I was still young? I should have been learning by trial and error so I thought it’s not too late to change. I wanted to open myself up wide. The character Ching-I in<The Good, The Bad, The Weird> was the first villain I have played in my 17 years as an actor. However, it is interesting that, coincidently, SOO Pong-po in <I Come with the Rain> is also a villain and Storm shadow in <G.I. Joe> is also a villain, at least superficially.

What was it like playing your first villain?

It was exciting. Acting requires both reason and sensibility, but I personally think it is right to be emotionally immersed in your acting. However, it seemed that <The Good, The Bad and The Weird>required actor not only vivid and natural acting, but also somewhat excessive and stylish acting. To be stylish, I had to follow the director’s requests exactly. For example, I had to examine the directions accurately and roll up my sleeves. This means I have to use my reason. At first, I felt my emotional acting was limited whenever I had to consider so many things, from the movement of my hands to when to nod. However, by acting like that, I found something interesting. When I looked at my work, I noticed some expressions and feelings that I had never imagined. I find myself looking really evil. Anyway working on this movie was great fun.

The First Villain Role

How did you come to work on <Hero>, with Takuya Kimura?

I know Takuya Kimura’s manager Iijimo. I have talked with him occasionally since we met a long time ago and one day he suggested I join <Hero> in a cameo performance. I felt sorry for him because I refused a number of requests, such as appearing in <SMAP x SMAP>, and I thought it wasn’t such a bad idea to participate in this movie. I asked them to make some extra scenes for me, because I wanted to do more.

How did you come to be in director Anh Hung Tran’s <I Come with the Rain>?

I decided to work in the movie before I came across <The Good, The Bad and The Weird>. It might have been 2006. Director Anh Hung Tran and producer Fernado Sulichin visited Korea and I met them. At the meeting, Anh Hung Tran told me he liked LEE Moon-yeol’s <The Son of Man> and wanted to make a movie version of the novel. He asked if I would be in it. I was interested because I am strongly impressed by the novel when I was a freshman at University. After the same time, I got to read the script, and it was quite profound. I expected this because the director makes art movies, but at first I was even embarrassed at its extreme profoundness (laughing).

What made director Anh Hung Tran cast you?

He said he saw <A Bittersweet Life> and thought my expressions were nice. He said it is rare to find such detailed expressions and emotions from Asian actors. Or, maybe he gave me the role of Hong Kong gang boss because I played the role of the No.2 gang member in “A Bittersweet Life” (laughing).

What kind of story is <I Come with the Rain>?

It is very complicated, and the production team asked me not to reveal too much in detail, so I will just tell you the story in brief. The main character, performed by Joshua Daniel Hartnett, is a private detective who was sacked from the police force for some reasons. One day, a Chinese man asks him to find his missing son, so he goes to Hong Kong. He is accompanied by a Hong Kong detective, played by YEO Moon-rak, and this detective has a criminal in mind that he really wants to capture. This criminal is SOO Dong-po, who I play in the movie. SOO Dong-po is a merciless boss of a Hong Kong gang. But his weak point : he lives with a woman named Lily. She is a s precious to him as his life. One day, she disappears and SOO Dong-po begins to look for her. He meets Shi Tao, played by Takuya Kimura. He has a mysterious supernatural power and is also the missing son that is being pursued by Joshua Daniel Hartnett.

I think the shooting field had a different atmosphere as the movie was shot overseas and led by an art film director.

It was very different. What was impressive to me was that the shooting schedule, even after a month, and the actors’ schedules, were all kept so precisely. Sometimes, even when it was raining, shooting continued. The most difficult scene was the love scene with Lily. Lily was played by Tran Nu Yen-khe, the heroine of <The Scent of Green Papaya> and <Cylco>, the wife of director Anh Hung Tran. I was embarrassed when the director said, “more a bit more…” (Laughing)

Appearing in <G.I.Joe>

Now let’s talk about <G.I.Joe>. How did you come to accept the role?

Charles is an overseas part manager of BH Entertainment. He has been discussing several projects with my American agent, Endeavor, for a few years. I was recommended <G.I. Joe> last year, and I thought the work was attractive. I looked at the treatment and was impressed. As a matter of fact, the negative factor was that it was already 60% made. What bothered me at the time was that the movie would be made for all viewers, regardless of age and gender. However as I have said before, I thought it would be better to regret doing it after trying, rather than regret not trying, and my acquaintances advised me to do it. Director PARK Chan Wook also told me that it seemed right for me.

Can you tell me about the ‘Storm Shadow’ that you will perform?

Storm Shadow as trained as a ninja by a father-like master when he was young, alongside a western kid call Snake Eyes. They are good friends and competitors. One day the master is killed and Storm Shadow disappears. “Snake Eyes” thinks the killer is Storm Shadow. From that time, they become fatal rivals.

On the net, there was a lot of noise about LEE Byung-hun playing a Japanese Ninja.

It was agreed that Storm Shadow would be a Korean character. That was a condition when I was cast. Western people don’t think about nationality when they see Asians. Also, the Japanese market is huge, there are a lot of Japanese characters in the film. Anyway, in my position, I asked them that the character would be Korean, and they accepted.

You’re gong to participate in several overseas projects at the same time, won’t this be difficult, are you prepared?

The Anh Hung Tran movie and <G.I.Joe> are totally different. I thought this was a good time to define myself again by participating in different projects. Although many people worry about my being in <G.I. Joe>, I think, in some ways, it will be helpful to work with different directors with different ideas and styles.

Do you intend to focus on overseas projects or the Hollywood film industry going forward?

Never. I will continue to work mainly with Korean directors, and join Hollywood or other overseas projects when there are opportunities. But I have never thought about settling down there.

MOON-Seok/Cine 21

^ Thanks dear Janice for the wonderful article by Cine21. I didn't know that Cine21 or is it KOFIC that came up with English version of the interview and it's awesome.

Between Reason and Sensitivity was the the title used for a 2006 Interview with LBH by Film2.0 (thanks to Joyeux) for translating it for us. Between Beauty and Evil (this is the first time reading such title) is I think.. the Cine21 article that ylin & Ching translated for us previously, going through the text for so many days.

The articles as translated by the fans, might be a bit different but all in all.. about the one actor, one man we like to read about.

04 April 2008

[CINE21] Re-discovering Lee ByungHun

http://pandahunnie.wordpress.com/2008/04/0...iscover-myself/

07 December 2006

[iNTERVIEW] FILM 2.0 - Lee Byung Hun, Between Reason and Sensitivity

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...6319&st=300

Thanks Janice for typing up the article for us, we really appreciate it. It's great that the once exclusive Korean articles can now be read by everyone.

The writer definitely knows that LBH will make it good on the international level as he's got what it takes to really create a name for himself, talent and passion. But it's the last sentence of the article that truly meant a lot, especially for LBH himself.

ps: JANICE, leave the great postings as they are. Don't erase them, it's a wonderful read. Even though we've had the interviews before, some friends would still have not seen it & might have overlooked it even and it's always good reading interesting interviews on LBH which doesn't come by that often.

Guest ylin

ylin Thks for the nice pic.

It seems the one when he visited Tokyo for the Arena Tour because he was wearing the same jacket. In the event we saw him dropped in Tsutaya Shibuya ( rental and sell DVD shop ) wearing the same jacket. I love this jacket so much. He looks so cool. B):wub::wub::wub: Want to know the brand name.

I think he was wearing lighter wear when he visited HKG for ICWTR.

Yap! He goes everywhere just like a spy to be ready for the spy drama IRIS :ph34r: hahaha

[

Thanks, Sung-ja for confirming that the picture was from the time he had his Arena Tour.....

I had the same thought that he should not be wearing such thick jacket in HKG :D

Guest Janie Simply

Between Reason and Sensitivity was the the title used for a 2006 Interview with LBH by Film2.0 (thanks to Joyeux) for translating it for us. Between Beauty and Evil (this is the first time reading such title) is I think.. the Cine21 article that ylin & Ching translated for us previously, going through the text for so many days.

Thanks rubie for the above links, excellent translations by the in-house translators :sweatingbullets: Never read before & it was fun doing some back-logging :) Glad the article was published again in Cannes for the world to know there's truly is a "new world star" arises in Korea B)

Thanks rubie for the above links, excellent translations by the in-house translators :sweatingbullets: Never read before & it was fun doing some back-logging :) Glad the article was published again in Cannes for the world to know there's truly is a "new world star" arises in Korea B)

Hope it'll spur everyone to keep on sharing, I just feel that we should highlight the previous fan-sharing as well as the new ones. It's not everyday that we get to read about LBH and to be picked by Kofic about something so positive, that really makes being actor Lee Byung Hun even better. It's not just hearsays or simply fans' claim but truly who he can really be.. with the best of his talent and perseverance. With LBH, it's the quality of his work that will really push his name up.. and not just talks.

Btw, Janice.. thanks so much for the wonderful GBW highlights especially on JWS at the movie thread. No wonder there's been a lot of JWS news lately, such a heartbreaking read but glad that everything turned out well for him eventually. I may not be a big JWS fan (though I love him in AMTR) but I'm really glad that it was him who got 'The Good' role in GBW, acting alongside SKH & LBH.. it couldn't have gone to a better actor.

Thanks so much for always sharing with us. I realized that my own personal time at the thread and soompi might be numbered. I'm afraid I'm not following LBH the best that I could anymore. My observations have not been sharp keen as before and some friends have been less than enthusiastic than I hoped. So, I really appreciated the continuous sharing, please keep it up.

rubie I never thought about that they did not sell Arena Tour DVD. I just bought it from JOFC web page.

They were selling at the film tour concert too. Or via the application form that JOFC sent to the members.

The DVD is not exclusive for members only so I don't understand how come they do not sell more open anywhere like amazon. Too bad that they do not deliver overseas. :(

I have no time to see the KBS clip yet, have to sleep, not enough sleep lately.... :wacko:

But everyone, thks for so many many nice info and pics to share :):):)

It's alright, Sung-ja.. it's alright. I suppose, sooner or later.. we'll probably stop asking about or be interested about the Arena Tour DVD anymore. It's just not meant to be.

Or maybe.. it's been sold out in Japan that there isn't any left for the non-Japanese fans. Either way, we understood the situation.

Hope you'll be able to watch the KBS clip with the English subs, it's simply fabulous & must-watch. :blush: I tried uploading it to the news-blog but the format isn't recognizable by google. Perhaps, ylin has better luck at her blog.

Guest ylin

It's alright, Sung-ja.. it's alright. I suppose, sooner or later.. we'll probably stop asking about or be interested about the Arena Tour DVD anymore. It's just not meant to be.

Or maybe.. it's been sold out in Japan that there isn't any left for the non-Japanese fans. Either way, we understood the situation.

Hope you'll be able to watch the KBS clip with the English subs, it's simply fabulous & must-watch. :blush: I tried uploading it to the news-blog but the format isn't recognizable by google. Perhaps, ylin has better luck at her blog.

Hi Rubie,

Noticed that the clip which you have posted is in Divx format, so google don't recognised it .... I was trying to upload some files in last few days and apparently all were unsuccessful .... :P

Hi Rubie,

Noticed that the clip which you have posted is in Divx format, so google don't recognised it .... I was trying to upload some files in last few days and apparently all were unsuccessful .... :P

Yeah... that's right. WMP doesn't play Divx.. at least not without proper codecs but the clip can be viewed using Windows Media Classic instead. I actually managed to upload it on Google video (or what seems to be) but the playback is not possible though.

I thought it would work like the VogueTV clip on .flv but its not the case, unfortunately. :mellow: