Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

This got me thinking.. we (most) probably will never see BH in a sword-fighting scene.. as in period movies/eastern martial arts' flicks.. yet.. it's a total 'turnaround' coincidence that he'll be fighting swords and every weapon available ninja-style in GI Joe.

BH said before that he can't fathom acting a period series/movies because he can't make himself feel & convey the "reality" of the particular time-phase due to his acting principle (the curious and very inquisite side of him) but for GI Joe.. based on fictional comic characters and movie storyline set in the Future, we will see him show a new facet to his acting.. i.e. sword-fighting.

Suddenly.. it hit me.. did we ever imagine LBH (think Minchul, think Sunwoo, think InHa, think Daejin, think Taepoong, etc) actually donning the mask and doing the sword-fighting & everything ninja? :mellow:

WAAAAAA!!! :w00t:

You're right Rubie, looking back at the roles that LBH has done I wouldn't have imagined him taking a sword swinging ninja role, but what an exciting role it is :w00t:

It looks like maybe our Hunnie will be using more than just a sword in the movie, I've been doing some research on Storm Shadow (all this G.I Joe talk got me in the mood to find out more about the characters lol) and it turns out that Storm Shadow is really accurate with a bow and arrow too so it seems he is a very skilled marksman ;)

To me it looks like maybe Snake Eyes will have a teeny bit of a larger role than Storm Shadow in the movie (This is just speculation from the info realeased so far) so my guess is maybe Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow will come face to face in this movie and we will find out some of their backstory but I think that if there was to be a sequel and both characters appear in it, maybe the movie will focus more on those two and maybe there will be a huge final showdown between them in the sequel.

This is all just specualtion on my part though, I could be completley wrong of course lol But whatever the story I just can't wait to see our Hunnie in action :P

It looks like maybe our Hunnie will be using more than just a sword in the movie, I've been doing some research on Storm Shadow (all this G.I Joe talk got me in the mood to find out more about the characters lol) and it turns out that Storm Shadow is really accurate with a bow and arrow too so it seems he is a very skilled marksman

Ooh lalaa.. I just like love reading :rolleyes: .. that Storm Shadow is really good with his bow and arrow :blush: .. a la .. the modern-day Robin Hood. :P So mysterious, too.

I think it's especially sexy having the skill (to be able to shoot straight into a bull's-eye) .. and who's more perfect for such role than our one and only. :wub:

Guest zoeve

Btw.. did you manage to watch Addiction yet :unsure: .. also missing your BD thoughts, too. :rolleyes:

Nope...haven't watched it yet. :sweatingbullets: I will share my thoughts once I'm done.

Oh BD! ;) will save time for that definitely

You're right Rubie I'm getting really anxious now, I can't wait for all of his three upcoming movies to come out... so excited :w00t: Just longing for some pictures :(

Hi zoeve :D You're right, even if we don't see Hunnies face there's always his lovely eyes and great body to stare at lol I hope that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow have a showdown sometime in the movie, will be really great to watch the two ninjas in a sword fight :)

I am also dying to see LBH dressed as Storm Shadow. :wub:

There is definitely history between the two characters. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow is reportedly the best at what they do. There will definitely be a lot of as*kicking. Their story will definitely make GI Joe movie very interesting.

I also read somewhere that they plan to make GI Joe a trilogy depending on the box office success of the first movie. That would be amazing when that will happen, more exposure for our Hunnie. :D

Director on GI Joe

Latest on film...

Director Stephen Sommers recently spoke with USA Today about G.I. Joe.

Sommers expressed his love of the black-clad, silent ninja Snake-Eyes, played in the film by Ray Park. "He's the world's greatest ninja, but he's also next-generation. He's not afraid to use a sword one second, and a split-second later he's pulling out his Glock."

He adds the following about Storm Shadow, played by Byung-hun Lee. "His chief nemesis is arguably the world's other great ninja, Storm Shadow. The two grew up together, were blood brothers and now are mortal enemies."

Source: 411 mania

http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/71521/...On-G.I.-Joe.htm

Ooh lalaa.. I just like love reading :rolleyes: .. that Storm Shadow is really good with his bow and arrow :blush: .. a la .. the modern-day Robin Hood. :P So mysterious, too.

I think it's especially sexy having the skill (to be able to shoot straight into a bull's-eye) .. and who's more perfect for such role than our one and only. :wub:

Exactly Rubie, he's like Robin Hood... only a more bada** version and without the tights :P Of course our Hunnie is perfect for the role, is there anything he can't do? :rolleyes:

I am also dying to see LBH dressed as Storm Shadow. :wub:

There is definitely history between the two characters. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow is reportedly the best at what they do. There will definitely be a lot of as*kicking. Their story will definitely make GI Joe movie very interesting.

I also read somewhere that they plan to make GI Joe a trilogy depending on the box office success of the first movie. That would be amazing when that will happen, more exposure for our Hunnie. :D

Yup, I can't wait to see how the story between the two characters is handled... I also didn't know that the guy who is playing Snake Eyes (Ray Park) played Toad in X-Men lol Apparently he's a great martial artist and what with our Hunnie's background in martial arts it will be great to see these two in hand to hand combat :w00t:

The trilogy news is great! I think the final confrontation between the two characters will probably be saved for the later movies.

Exactly Rubie, he's like Robin Hood... only a more bada** version and without the tights :P Of course our Hunnie is perfect for the role, is there anything he can't do? :rolleyes:

:o Oh please.. no tights! :P

I forgot all about that! LOL

Just the mask will do :lol: and bows and arrows :rolleyes: too.

There's some GBW update today.. maybe more coming later.

Something about .. I think .. the upcoming Korean movies going head-to-head rivalry? showdown? with Hollywood features in the coming months, starting in June. If I'm not making this up :huh: .. I think according to CJ Ent., GBW's promo will start as soon as April ( :w00t: ).. if it's true.. that is so great. ^^ There's also another highly anticipated movie starring top actor Sul Kyung Gu.. I'm not sure which movie though. :sweatingbullets:

Anyway.. do not take this as absolute news.. huh.. huh. nonono.gif

Blurpanda here is only GUESSing.. not GISTing. Hehee. :P

---

Btw.. dotcom had picked up a couple of news relating to BH, too.. could be more 'reliable' than the rest.

Something about 100 people of.. something.. a (power?) list?

Arrghh.. I'm no good at this. :wacko:

Desperately needing a hint of gist.. if it's news-worthy to share. :sweatingbullets:

Coooool! I love the way he half-smile ... :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

Thanks Ylin :)

Great observation, TY.. can't agree more about his half-smile.. :wub:

Btw, ylin.. any new update at the JOFC.. :rolleyes: :blush:

Edit to add! :w00t:

The JOFC actually has a new VOD on (maybe I didn't realize it earlier, thinking it wasn't updated).. that shows the short pomo-clip of the Film Tour.

Anyone has the clip or screeencaps? Mine keeps stopping at BH's opening dance number and it won't move. Anyway.. it's really a super short clip. :sweatingbullets:

The JOFC actually has a new VOD on (maybe I didn't realize it earlier, thinking it wasn't updated).. that shows the short pomo-clip of the Film Tour.

Anyone has the clip or screeencaps? Mine keeps stopping at BH's opening dance number and it won't move. Anyway.. it's really a super short clip. :sweatingbullets:

Here you are, the clip uploaded to filesend.net.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=484...d4c7822da6751d7

Here you are, the clip uploaded to filesend.net.

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=484...d4c7822da6751d7

WAH!!! Ching! :w00t: That was fast.. rubie is speechless but very.. very happy! bhug.gif

Wow.. clip is very short but very compact.. taken from the Arena Tour, obviously. BH actually did quite a lot of things away from the concert. :lol:

Btw.. my eyes might be 'blinding' me.. but did BH do the hip-swaying in one of the shots. :blush: Don't think it was a rehearsal or practise for the dance. Something on a night out? :P

Aww.. hope the Arena Tour DVD comes with English subs. *pleasepleaseplease*

--- aish..

I have to go offline for awhile :sweatingbullets: .. it's raining so heavily.. hate it when it rains, always disrupting everything.

Guest TY_KSW

Hunnie got the BEST hafl smile among actors dear ! its also his deadly weapon! :rolleyes::sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Guest celina86

WOW w00t w00t

Thanks ylin for the pic... I have not seen it before

Is this a new pic of BH by any chance? I mean like from this year?

Hehe agree with you guys, I also love his half-smile *drools* :blush: :blush: :blush: Even the slightest tiny smile he gives, it`s to die for :wub: :wub:

Merci beaucoup, ylin-hunnie! MWAH!!! Look.. no moustache! LOL!

PandaChing, what do you mean Hunnie has new hairstyle :P .. HE HAS NEW (CLEAN) FACE!!! :w00t:

You are welcome, Ching and rubie :)

But I don't think that is a new photo of Hunnie, i guess it could be taken before he started his GBW filming coz he has that clean face, nice hairstyle and some "meat" on his face :P

Am trying to do the screencaps now but it's abit blur.... so hangon Pandas :D

But I don't think that is a new photo of Hunnie, i guess it could be taken before he started his GBW filming coz he has that clean face, nice hairstyle and some "meat" on his face :P

:huh: Not new image? :mellow:

I still think it's new.. NEW for us to see! :w00t: But not last year's pic because JOFC would always.. I mean, usually post his latest pics before anyone else. Remember all the calendars from 2006/2007/2008.. the Japanese club would post a sneak peek for everyone to see. It wouldn't make sense if they.. uhh.. "recycle" the photos. *nooooooooo!*

Let me go check my calendar 2008 :unsure: .. ooh.. no need.. because in 2008 calendar pin-ups.. BH has his GBW look! :P

So.. unless someone with BH's Paris PhotoBook can clarify the image (new or otherwise).. HDS blurpanda sees it as new BH pic. :blush:

Aish.. Byunghun-ssi.. don't keep us waiting like this. :tears:

---

wait a minute.. before GBW.. BH has rather short and well-trimmed hair (AFA, Hero in Busan) but this capture, his hair is rather long-er and tousled. :blush: BH always had longer hair when he's taking a break after any filming.. :rolleyes:

Hahaa.. now stubborn blurpanda obviously wants it to be new image. :lol:

ok ok ..... you may be right, rubie ..... the photo maybe something new :P

no one knows him better :tongue2: It's right to say it's new as this is the first time we are seeing it.

Maybe it was taken when he was having his break in L.A.? can't really figure out any other time-slot since he was soooooo busy last year :P

Well, here are some screen caps, will come back tomorrow with the rest as CNN panda's eyes is really blury and "panda eye" are beginning to appear after one long day in the office :D

photo0001pr2.jpg

photo0002ag3.jpg

photo0003gm5.jpg

photo0004ss6.jpg

sorry that the caps are very blur ...... i will see if i can do something better tomorrow ....

Guest TY_KSW

:huh: Not new image? :mellow:

Hahaa.. now stubborn blurpanda obviously wants it to be new image. :lol:

i also thought so.. Its not the latest photo but not long ago either...

The hairstyle in the pix is rather shorter than the current one..

Anyway, like u said, it is still the new to us since we haven't been seen it before :D

ok ok ..... you may be right, rubie ..... the photo maybe something new :P

no one knows him better :tongue2: It's right to say it's new as this is the first time we are seeing it.

Maybe it was taken when he was having his break in L.A.? can't really figure out any other time-slot since he was soooooo busy last year :P

Well, here are some screen caps, will come back tomorrow with the rest as CNN panda's eyes is really blury and "panda eye" are beginning to appear after one long day in the office :D

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2088/photo0001pr2.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/97/photo0002ag3.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2070/photo0003gm5.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5340/photo0004ss6.jpg

Alamak! :oylin is giving the angry-tongue. :ph34r: :blush:

The caps are confusing, though.. not you ^^.. but the clip itself.. BH wearing the white shirt, he had no moustache. Surely not from the Arena Tour :sweatingbullets: .. :wacko:

Bear with me.. huh.. huh.. if I don't ramble.. we'll be a silent thread. If we can use sign language.. I'll locked.gif ..

Thanks to our lovely CNNpanda for the lovely BH captures. MWAHHHHH!bhug.gif