Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

March 18, 2008

Thanks to the highlight by MS, another update on GI Joe at earthtimes.org

Byung Hun Lee, 
Major Korean Film and TV Star Completes First Day of Filming as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' 'G.I. JOE
' 

Author : Paramount Pictures Corporation 
Category : PressRelease 

gijoe00.jpg

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., March 18 /PRNewswire/ -- On March 13, prominent Korean film and television actor Byung Hun Lee, one of Asia's top stars, completed his first day of principal photography as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' action adventure "G.I. JOE." He joins the ensemble cast that includes Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

As big in his native land as he is in other parts of Asia, including Japan, Lee started his acting career in 1991 with the Korean television drama "Asphalt, My Hometown." Since then, he has appeared in several television dramas including "Tomorrow Love," "Police," "Son of Wind," "White Knight 3.98," "Happy Together," "Beautiful Days" and "All In."

Among his feature film credits are Kim Jee Woon's "A Bittersweet Life," Park Chan Wook's "Three Extremes," "Everybody has Secrets," "Addiction," "Bungee Jumping of their Own" and Park Chan Wook's "Joint Security Area." This year he will star in two films, Kim Jee Woon's "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" and Tran Anh Hung's "I Come with the Rain."

Storm Shadow, one of the most popular characters in the G.I. JOE universe, has a dark and complex history. He was trained by the same Ninja master as Snake Eyes, a member of the elite G.I. JOE team, but now fights against him.

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, whose previous collaboration was the worldwide blockbuster "TRANSFORMERS," have reunited for another extraordinary action-adventure in "G.I. JOE." From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. JOE team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos. "G.I. JOE" is directed by Stephen Sommers ("The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns") and will be released on August 7, 2009.

Byung Hun Lee is represented by the Endeavor Agency and managed by Charles Pak of BH Entertainment.

Guest celina86

Thanks ylin for the GBW pic :D

I have seen this pic before except that was a bit blurry because it was scanned from a magazine and it was quite small

But this one is more clear to see... Blue the Bad looks so deadly... I just love his expression :blush: :blush: and that white shirt with black waistcoat never looked that sexy on anyone... ooohhh not forgetting his hair *drools* :wub: :wub:

BTW, H... I think that`s a gun BH is holding :rolleyes: Well I`m not exactly sure :sweatingbullets:

Guest Fiona

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/10/27410.php

Byung Hun Lee Completes First Day of Shooting on G.I. Joe

On March 13, prominent Korean film and television actor Byung Hun Lee, one of Asia's top stars, completed his first day of principal photography as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' action adventure G.I. Joe. He joins the ensemble cast that includes Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

As big in his native land as he is in other parts of Asia, including Japan, Lee started his acting career in 1991 with the Korean television drama Asphalt, My Hometown. Since then, he has appeared in several television dramas including Tomorrow Love, Police, Son of Wind, White Knight 3.98, Happy Together, Beautiful Days and All In.

Among his feature film credits are Kim Jee Woon's A Bittersweet Life, Park Chan Wook's Three... Extremes, Everybody has Secrets, Addiction, Bungee Jumping of their Own and Park Chan Wook's Joint Security Area. This year he will star in two films, Kim Jee Woon's The Good, the Bad, and the Weird and Tran Anh Hung's I Come with the Rain.

Storm Shadow, one of the most popular characters in the G.I. Joe universe, has a dark and complex history. He was trained by the same Ninja master as Snake Eyes, a member of the elite G.I. Joe team, but now fights against him.

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, whose previous collaboration was the worldwide blockbuster Transformers, have reunited for another extraordinary action-adventure in G.I. Joe. From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. Joe team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos. G.I. Joe is directed by Stephen Sommers (The Mummy and The Mummy Returns) and will be released on August 7, 2009.

Guest celina86

WOW :w00t: :w00t:

Thank you Fiona for the article :D

Glad to know BH finally started shooting for G.I. Joe :blush: :blush:

I`m dying to see his new look as Storm Shadow :blush:

Byung Hun Lee Completes First Day of Shooting on G.I. Joe

On March 13, prominent Korean film and television actor Byung Hun Lee, one of Asia's top stars, completed his first day of principal photography as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' action adventure G.I. Joe. He joins the ensemble cast that includes Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

Thanks Fiona for sharing this article here. Finally.......some news about him regarding this movie. But he's been there in US for a long while now but just surprised that he just started to shoot this film. So, does it mean that his stay there will also be extended, huh?

Thanks to Fiona's cool highlight.. the article is actually a Press Release from Paramount Pictures doubly-confirming that LBH is indeed the Secret.. oops.. the Storm Shadow. :lol:

This is copied from beyondhollywood.com, word for word.

I Guess Byung Hun Lee is Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe After All

By Nix • | March 18, 2008 |

You know, if Korean actor Byung Hun Lee (”A Bittersweet Life”) was ever officially confirmed as playing Storm Shadow in Stephen Sommers’ “G.I. Joe”, I must have missed it. The actor was rumored to be in the film, but now, Paramount Pictures has sent out a press release saying that he’s not just rumored, but he’s been cast and has just completed his first day of shooting on the movie. No, seriously. Paramount actually released a press release just to tell us this.

Via:

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., March 18 /PRNewswire/ — On March 13, prominent Korean film and television actor Byung Hun Lee, one of Asia’s top stars, completed his first day of principal photography as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures’ action adventure “G.I. JOE.” He joins the ensemble cast that includes Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

As big in his native land as he is in other parts of Asia, including Japan, Lee started his acting career in 1991 with the Korean television drama “Asphalt, My Hometown.” Since then, he has appeared in several television dramas including “Tomorrow Love,” “Police,” “Son of Wind,” “White Knight 3.98,” “Happy Together,” “Beautiful Days” and “All In.”

Among his feature film credits are Kim Jee Woon’s “A Bittersweet Life,” Park Chan Wook’s “Three Extremes,” “Everybody has Secrets,” “Addiction,” “Bungee Jumping of their Own” and Park Chan Wook’s “Joint Security Area.” This year he will star in two films, Kim Jee Woon’s “The Good, the Bad, and the Weird” and Tran Anh Hung’s “I Come with the Rain.”

Storm Shadow, one of the most popular characters in the G.I. JOE universe, has a dark and complex history. He was trained by the same Ninja master as Snake Eyes, a member of the elite G.I. JOE team, but now fights against him.

Dude. Ray Park vs. Byung Hun Lee. Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow, respectively. Dig it.

Source: http://www.beyondhollywood.com/i-guess-byu...-joe-after-all/

Thanks to a highlight by MS at our "Byunghun of our Hearts" blog, another update on GI Joe at The Earth Times

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/by...es,319435.shtml

Byung Hun Lee, Major Korean Film and TV Star Completes First Day of Filming as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' 'G.I. JOE'

Posted : Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:51:37 GMT

Author : Paramount Pictures Corporation

Category : PressRelease

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., March 18 /PRNewswire/ -- On March 13, prominent Korean film and television actor Byung Hun Lee, one of Asia's top stars, completed his first day of principal photography as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' action adventure "G.I. JOE." He joins the ensemble cast that includes Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

As big in his native land as he is in other parts of Asia, including Japan, Lee started his acting career in 1991 with the Korean television drama "Asphalt, My Hometown." Since then, he has appeared in several television dramas including "Tomorrow Love," "Police," "Son of Wind," "White Knight 3.98," "Happy Together," "Beautiful Days" and "All In."

Among his feature film credits are Kim Jee Woon's "A Bittersweet Life," Park Chan Wook's "Three Extremes," "Everybody has Secrets," "Addiction," "Bungee Jumping of their Own" and Park Chan Wook's "Joint Security Area." This year he will star in two films, Kim Jee Woon's "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" and Tran Anh Hung's "I Come with the Rain."

Paramount Pictures and Hasbro, whose previous collaboration was the worldwide blockbuster "TRANSFORMERS," have reunited for another extraordinary action-adventure in "G.I. JOE." From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. JOE team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos. "G.I. JOE" is directed by Stephen Sommers ("The Mummy" and "The Mummy Returns") and will be released on August 7, 2009.

Byung Hun Lee is represented by the Endeavor Agency and managed by Charles Pak of BH Entertainment.

From the babelfish, I think guess this is regarding the Korean entry for the Cannes Film Festival 2008 coming this May. First pic is 'Bi Mong' or Dream (Dir. Kim Ki Duk/Joe Odagiri, Lee Na Young), GBW (Dir. KJW/SKH, LBH, JWS) and Crossing (Dir. Kim Tae Gyun /Cha In Pyo).

Would appreciate complete and better gist on this, if any.

---

꽃피는 5월, 칸에 가는 한국영화들

[스타뉴스] 2008년 03월 19일(수) 오전 11:31

20080319113110518b6_113615_0.jpg

ⓒ<맨위부터 '비몽'에 출연한 오다기리죠와 '좋은놈,나쁜놈,이상한놈','크로싱'>

꽃피는 5월, 칸에서 불어오는 훈풍을 타기 위해 한국영화들의 발걸음이 빨라지고 있다.

제61회 칸국제영화제 출품을 목표로 하고 있는 한국영화들이 막바지 작업에 한창이다. 다음달 중순 경쟁작 발표를 앞두고 있는 칸국제영화제측에 이달말까지 작품을 보내야 하기 때문이다.

오다기리 죠와 이나영이 출연해 국내 뿐아니라 일본에서도 높은 관심을 갖고 있는 김기덕 감독의 '비몽'과 송강호 이병헌 정우성이 출연해 화제를 모은 김지운 감독의 '좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈'(이하 놈놈놈) 등은 일정을 맞추기 위해 밤잠을 아껴가며 후반작업에 매달리고 있다.

'비몽' 공동제작사 스폰지의 조성규 대표는 "늦어도 다음주 초까지 필름을 보내야하기 때문에 마무리 작업에 한창"이라고 밝혔다.

김기덕 감독이 유럽영화계에서 많은 사랑을 받고 있기 때문에 '비몽'의 경쟁부문 출품은 유력하다는 게 영화계의 중론이다.

김지운 감독 또한 '달콤한 인생'이 비경쟁부문에 초청된 적이 있기 때문에 '놈놈놈'은 경쟁작은 아니더라도 비경쟁부문에 초청될 확률이 높다.

5월 국내 개봉을 타진 중인 김태균 감독의 '크로싱'도 이번 칸국제영화제의 문을 두드리고 있다. '크로싱'의 한 관계자는 "탈북자와 관련해 국제적인 관심을 환기시키기 위해서 칸영화제에 의사를 타진하고 있다"고 말했다. '크로싱'은 정치색이 강한 베를린국제영화제 출품도 고려했었다.

국제영화제에서 잇단 낭보를 전하고 있는 전수일 감독의 '검은 땅의 소녀와'도 칸영화제 출품을 준비 중이다.

경쟁 부문이 아니더라도 칸의 문을 두들기는 한국영화 기대작들도 상당하다.

영화제 기간 동안 열리는 칸필름마켓에 다양한 한국영화들이 해외 세일즈에 나선다. 청어람의 최용배 대표는 "'괴물2'와 '26년'을 이번 칸필름마켓에 가지고 갈 계획"이라고 말했다. 이 작품들 외에 다양한 영화들이 올 칸필름마켓을 찾을 예정이다.

지난해 칸필름마켓에서 '놈놈놈'이 10억원에 프랑스에 판매되는 등 뚜렷한 성과를 냈기에 올해도 많은 작품들이 기대를 걸고 있다.

한국영화들이 칸국제영화제를 찾는 이유는 칸의 위상을 등에 업기 위해서이다.

2006년 '괴물'이 폭발적인 인기를 누린 데는 앞서 칸국제영화제에서 기립박수를 받았다는 소식이 단단히 한몫을 했다. 전도연이 지난해 칸국제영화제에서 여우주연상을 수상한 뒤 '밀양'의 흥행에 도움을 준 것은 두말할 나위가 없다.

필름마켓에서의 해외 세일즈도 중요한 이유 중 하나이다. 칸필름마켓에서 선판매됐다는 소식은 영화 마케팅에도 중요한 요소로 활용된다.

지난해 잔뜩 위축됐던 한국영화계에 칸에서 들려온 전도연의 수상 소식이 활력을 불어넣었듯이 올해는 어떤 영화가 희소식을 전할지, 벌써부터 영화계의 관심이 프랑스의 해변으로 모이고 있다.

[관련기사]

Source: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

[OT] Happy to see that Soo Ae is now getting more and more recognition, movie-wise. Her latest movie will be alongside actor Cho Seung Woo (War of Flowers).. I think SA also has another new movie coming around the same time as GBW later. She's very quiet and quite reserved as BH had commented but really a good actress who's going up & moving ahead.

Anyway.. I'm curious about BH being mentioned in a Cha In Pyo article today (which probably about nothing at all). Seems an interesting article, as it showed pics of the CIP family.

--- anyway.. that's all..

The Korean version of the Paramouunt Pics' press release..

이병헌, 할리우드 영화 '지 아이 조' 첫촬영

[스타뉴스] 2008년 03월 19일(수) 오후 04:39 가 가| 이메일| 프린트 [머니투데이 스타뉴스 이승희 인턴기자]

20080319163916934b6_164514_0.jpg

이병헌이 할리우드 액션영화 '지 아이 조'(감독 스티븐 소머즈)에서 스톰 쉐도우 역 첫 촬영을 끝냈다.

19일 영화제작사 파라마운트 픽쳐스에 따르면 이병헌은 지난 13일(현지시간) '지 아이 조'의 중요한 사진 촬영을 성공리에 끝냈다.

이병헌이 맡은 스톰 쉐도우는 복잡하고 어두운 과거를 지닌 인물. 이병헌은 영화촬영을 앞두고 액션 연기연습 등 사전 리허설 작업을 위해 지난 1월23일 출국했다.

이병헌의 첫 할리우드 진출작인 '지 아이 조'는 만화가 원작이며 테러리스트 집단인 '코브라'와 미국 특수부대의 대결을 그린다.

한편 파라마운트 픽쳐스는 이병헌을 "한국 뿐만 아니라 아시아 지역에서 인기를 모으고 있는 톱스타"라고 설명했다.

모바일로 보는 스타뉴스 "342 누르고 NATE/magicⓝ/ez-i"

머니투데이가 만드는 리얼타임 연예뉴스

제보 및 보도자료 star@mtstarnews.com<저작권자 ⓒ 머니투데이 스타뉴스>

이승희(기자) escapeto@

Source: http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

27444350_360x240.gif

Gif from empas.com, thanks to alicia-PlanetBH0712

imprints of OIAS by kimchibabe at LBH soompi fanclub (x) OIAS movie thread (x)

there are a lot of scenes that are unforgettable to me which i want to share because it fills my cup of joy. its the sweetness that arises throughout the movie from start to finish.

the first meeting of Suk Yong and Jung In in the forest of cypress trees, that shot of him where he stops to look at the trees when actually he says later it was the scent of those trees that brought him there. a beautiful shot, its as if he was about to enter paradise. then later you see him wringing his shirt like a little child, he looked so sweet!

then there's always the way he looks at her, with loving eyes as she was singing, as he invited her to his room for their "movie date". there when he unfolded the curtain and the chairs for their special spot, he gave her a comforting smile.

the funny and sweet part was when they were crossing the stream and he wanted to plant her a kiss and she was bending backwards as he was pushing himself forward. it was a most beautiful silhouette of the lovers, just like the other when they were caught in the rain and they had to seek shelter in a hut and he's there standing while Jung In quietly sits.....then he says" i have done everything that you wanted me to"...much too sweet!

the two funniest scenes for me was when they were walking home after being left by the bus and he slumps on the ground like a child throwing a tantrum, only to run after her later. the second was when he was lazily lying on top of a haystack and he overhears Jung In reading to the elders. he peeks and lies back laughing then later chiding her for changing the story.

it was a sweet parting at the prison. a one-on-one showdown of emotion by the two actors. the not-so-sweet part was the slapping and the head whacking Lee Byung Hun got and the hurt showed, his face was so red. and i counted it, must have been a dozen times. and i was saying to myself, not the face please anywhere but not the face!!!! but he endured it all and i was amazed by his performance. it was so realistic!

it was a sweet parting too at the railroad station. Su Ae leaning against his shoulders, lost as to what she was to do now that she was planning to leave him. the way she held on to his hand, not wanting to let go just yet, you could feel her pain. it was a heartache not a headache that was troubling her. she acted the part so well.

and how can i ever forget the scene where Suk Young was on his was to the orphanage, he said what worries him was that she might have been alone all those years but she was not. and the tears dropped when he saw this in the pictures inside the Jung In's box of memories. the one with the leaves and the rock he gave her. they were big tears not the type that rolls down the cheek.

now i can picture how Lee Byung Hun would look like when he gets older, he will still be the handsome man that he is today.

Once In A Summer is a movie that lets you believe in the sweetness of love, in how far a loving heart goes to the point of self-sacrifice, that there is such a thing as undying love, a love worth waiting for, a love worth living for. i'm seeing it again today after i write this and its worth writing more about....

March 19, 2008

Lee Byeong-Heon, first filming of Hollywood movie "G. I. Joe" 

Lee Byeong-Heon finished the first filming of the Hollywood action move "G. I. Joe" as Storm Shadow.

Paramount Pictures said on the 19th that Lee Byeong-Heon successful completed an important filming on the 13th.

His character, Storm Shadow, has a complicated and dark past. He left Korea on January 23 to practice action scenes and rehearse.

His first Hollywood work, "G. I. Joe" is a remake of a cartoon, and it portrays the conflict between the terrorist commander Cobra and U. S. military unit.

Paramount Pictures said, "Lee Byeong-Heon is a top star popular not only in Korea, but in all of Asia".

Original article at news.empas.com
English translation by hancinema.net

Movie update credits to Nigel D’Sa at koreanfilm.or.kr (KOFIC)

LEE Byung-hun Commences Hollywood Action Film

Korean wave star LEE Byung-hun is currently filming scenes in his Hollywood debut, G.I. Joe, an adaptation of the popular action-hero comic book series. LEE will play Storm Shadow, a ninja with a dark past who joins the G.I. Joe team. 

The plot, like the comic, centers on an elite military unit of highly trained recruits, each with his own specialty skill. In the film they take on an evil and powerful criminal syndicate led by Cobra, a notorious arms dealer. LEE’s character, Storm Shadow, is well known to readers of the comic and was even spun-off into its own series. 

The big-budget feature is a Paramount Pictures production and is directed by Stephen Sommers whose previous films include Van Helsing, The Mummy Returns, and The Jungle Book. The film also stars Channing Tatum, Rachel Nichols, and Dennis Quaid. It is slated for release in the summer of 2009. 

LEE is a popular star at home and all across Asia. He has starred in films such as Once in a Summer (2006), KIM Ji-woon’s A Bittersweet Life (2005) and KIM’s present project, The Good, The Bad, The Weird, which is this year’s most highly anticipated Korean film. LEE is also starring in a France-US co-production called I Come With the Rain, by Vietnamese director Tran Anh Hung.

April 24, 2008

Lee broadens acting career 

th_20080422bh.jpg

When he was interviewed by The Korea Herald in November 2006, Lee Byung-hun expressed some doubts about whether he could make it in Hollywood. (Nov 2006 - Eyes on Hollywood)

His skepticism, which partly reflected his measured approach in entering the world's biggest entertainment market, seems fairly overdone. A string of news items about his Hollywood stint keep coming in, and his acting career is going at a fast clip. 

In mid-March, Lee completed his first day of shooting as Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures' action adventure "G.I. Joe," to be released in October August 2008. This week, a couple of photographs have been made public on the Web so that people can see him as one of the most popular characters in the G.I. Joe franchise. Clad in white, Lee seems primed to play a dark, complex character trained by a ninja master. 

"G.I. Joe" will mark Lee's full-fledged foray into Hollywood, a crucial development in what has already been a colorful career. Popular in Korea and Japan, Lee has long prepared to broaden his acting range and his fame. To that end, he is said to have made a serious effort to improve English proficiency. 

Lee is also expected to enhance his stature at film festivals this year. 

He starred in director Kim Ji-woon's latest feature, "The Good, The Bad, The Weird," and also performed in the Vietnamese filmmaker Anh Hung Tran's "I Come with the Rain." Local media reported that both films have a chance to be part of the Cannes film festival, which begins on May 14. 

"The Good, The Bad, The Weird," set in Manchuria, features a bandit, a train robber, and a bounty hunter, and, thanks to the big-name casting and a sizable production budget, it is considered one of the country's biggest film projects this year. Since it is still in post-production, however, it remains uncertain whether it will be invited to Cannes. 

"I Come with the Rain," is a multinational project in which Lee has reunited with the Japanese star Takuya Kimura. Last year, Lee played a Korean chief of detectives in "Hero," whose central character is a quirky Japanese prosecutor played by Kimura. 

On the domestic front, Lee has signed a contract with Taewon Entertainment and Kang Je-kyu Film to co-produce and star in "IRIS," a whopping $22 million Korean TV series. Leading producer Lee Hyung-min will take charge of the expensive project, and the shooting is scheduled to begin later this year. 

By Yang Sung-jin (insight@heraldm.com) 
http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/

Always loved that pic of him Rubie... it's just hotness personified (if that's the right phrase to use... my dictionary is too far away for me to check. Well he's HOT let's just leave it there lol) :wub:

Hi H.. always so glad to read from you, even just a simple line each day.. the warmness is wonderful & goes a long way. :wub: Cool pic, huh. Although it's obviously one of the BSL poster images.. the Cannes and Deauville fest logo at the side makes it even sweeter. :blush:

---

Can you catch HUNNIE here? :rolleyes: Everyone is encouraged to share feedback. :D

83u36012.jpg

Source: http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_sc/20080...%E7%B8%B6%0B%7D

---

thrhero1no2.jpg

Copied from The HollywoodReporter.com

100억 대작 '빅3' 개봉은 모두 '하반기'…'모던보이' '놈놈놈' '신기전'

2008-03-20 10:22:50

200803201004431127_1.jpg

[마이데일리 = 장서윤 기자] 100억원 이상의 제작비가 투입, 올해 '빅3'로 꼽히고 있는 세 작품이 모두 하반기로 개봉을 확정, 스크린 전쟁을 예고하고 있다.

당초 4월 개봉예정이었던 김혜수·박해일 주연의 '모던보이(감독 정지우)'가 하반기로 개봉을 미룬 데 이어 '좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈(감독 김지운, 이하 놈놈놈)' '신기전(감독 김유진)' 이 모두 7월 이후 하반기에 관객들과 만날 예정이다.

우선 최근 '모던보이'는 관객과의 만남을 개최하는 등 개봉작업을 서둘렀으나 후반작업 일정상 개봉을 하반기로 미뤘다. 제작 관계자는 "CG 작업 등으로 후반작업에 생각보다 많은 시간이 소요돼 개봉일정을 조율중이다"라고 전했다.

1930년대를 배경으로 희대의 바람둥이 이해명(박해일)과 그가 사랑한 미스터리한 여인 조난실(김혜수)의 이야기를 통해 시대와 개인의 행복을 묻고 있는 이 작품은 3년여에 걸친 기획·제작과정으로 화제를 모았다.

송강호·이병헌·정우성 등 스타급 배우들이 포진한 '놈놈놈'도 1월 말 촬영을 마무리짓고 후반작업에 매달리고 있다. 세르지오 레오네 감독에 클린트 이스트우드, 리 반 클립, 일라이 워락 주연의 '석양의 무법자(The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, 1966)'에서 제목을 따 온 이 작품은 20세기 초 열강의 각축장이 되어버린 만주 벌판을 배경으로 한국판 웨스턴을 선보일 예정이다.

여기에 조선 세종시대 비밀무기 프로젝트를 그린 '신기전'도 7~8월 개봉을 목표로 후반작업중이다. 정재영·허준호·한은정 등이 출연하며 장거리 미사일의 모태가 된 조선시대 로켓 화포의 탄생 스토리를 다루고 있다.

이들 100억원 대 '대작'은 모두 후반작업에 공을 들이면서 개봉일정을 조율중이다. 한 영화관계자는 "여름 시즌 본격적으로 포진된 할리우드 블록버스터물과의 전면 대결을 피하면서 개봉일을 점치고 있는 것으로 보인다"고 전했다.

[개봉을 하반기로 확정지은 '모던보이' '놈놈놈' '신기전'(왼쪽부터)]

장서윤 기자 ciel@mydaily.co.kr

http://www.mydaily.co.kr/news/read.html?newsid=200803201004431127&ext=na

(A sort of) compilation at hancinema.net, no specific date given. Refer the link(s) provided if interested to view all the pics of the 'couples'.

Star Couples that Met Through Dramas

Stars In Love: Star couples rumored to be together

Ji Seong ♥ Lee Bo-yeong

Lee Seo-jin ♥ Kim Jeong-eun

Lee Dong-wook ♥ Lee Da-hae

Yoo Ji-tae ♥ Kim Hyo-jin

Ha Dong-hoon ♥ Ahn Hye-kyeong

Kim Joo-seok ♥ Kim Ji-soo

Ryoo Seung-beom ♥ Kong Hyo-jin

So Ji-sub ♥ Kim Hyeon-joo

We're Married: Star couples who have even married

Yeon Jeong-hoon ♥ Han Ga-in

Kim Ho-jin ♥ Kim Ji-ho

Kim Seung-woo ♥ Kim Nam-joo

Lee Se-chang ♥ Kim Ji-yeon

Jeon No-min ♥ Kim Bo-min

Yoo Joon-sang ♥ Hong Eun-hee

Although broken up, star couples that hopefully get back together

starcouple_32.jpg

Lee Byeong-Heon ♥ Song Hye-kyo

Lee Dong-heon ♥ Han Ji-hye

Jo Seung-woo ♥ Kang Hye-jeong

Lee Jeong-jae ♥ Kim Min-hee

Sin Ha-gyoon ♥ Bae Doona

Eric Moon ♥ Park Si-yeon

Our fantasies: Desiring to date?! Best couples in dramas!

Song Chang-ee ♥ Lee Yeong-ah

Lee Tae-gon ♥ Yoon Jeong-hee

Kim Rae-won ♥ Kim Tae-hee

Stars In Love: Star couples rumored to be together We're Married: Star couples who have even married Although broken up, star couples that hopefully get back together Our fantasies: Desiring to date?! Best couples in dramas!

Original source at cuve.daum.net

Translated & posted at www.hancinema.net

LBH hancinema page www.hancinema.net/Lee_Byeong-Heon