Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks to @soompigalz at the Hunnie Couple thread for the lovely sharing heart.gif
Looks like their last day in Italy was in Florence ~

soompigalz

said:

[size=3]

More sighting^^

[/size]

@Florence

UsActlO.jpg

Cr:

Naver

@ Rome's Airport (June 27th)

YY9cMZ7.jpg

Cr:

Twitter

Wonder if they go straight back home or flying to another places.

m-by-mens-uno-7_1.jpgm-by-mens-uno-2_1.jpgA classmate whom I have not seen for a number of years surprised me with a treasured gift when I met her recently in Vancouver, B.C:  The first copy of the M by men’s uno magazine - Fall 2003-2004 

I described this as a “treasured” gift because this was the first time ever that Byunghun-ssi appeared on the cover of a non-Korean magazine. Through a lot of persuasion, the publisher not only convinced him to appear on the cover but obtained BH’s consent for a series of photos and an interview.  The following is an excerpt of the article.  Please bear in mind that this article is over ten years old and only discussed dramas and movies made prior to 2003. 

Korea’s highest paid, principal actor.

Melancholic Charisma

In mid summer of 2003 in Seoul, Korea,  Lee Byung Hun, wearing a starched suit, leisurely lit a cigarette.  His silent thoughts slowly emerged through his smoke rings.   His deep set eyes revealed a touch of melancholy.  It is often believed that a man may have experienced vicissitudes of life to become mature.  After all, sorrow can make a people grow.  In today’s era, tears are no longer a woman’s perogative.  We asked Lee Byung Hun his most unforgettable grief.  He thought for a moment and said, “ Five years ago, my father passed away,  which made me very sad.  Even now, I always think of him.”   He still spoke with a trace of sadness. Sadness may not necessarily be expressed through a lot of noises,   from moving hands and stomping feet.  Lee Byung Hun’s charm is his inadvertent expression of grief.

Dedication and seriousness is Lee Byung Hun’s life philosophy.  Although his ​​acting is much highly praised, his demand for his acting has not slackened. Lee Byung Hun believes that in what ever he does, he has to fully concentrate and do it wholeheartedly in order to achieve the best results.  Lee Byung Hun states in no uncertain terms that "The most important thing for a man is to be responsible for everything that he has done."  He also thinks that this is a quality that a perfect man must possess.  

Talking about his previous roles, he said his most memorable role was that of a boxer not long after he took up acting.  "That was six or seven years ago, the boxer is a nobody that people would look down on, the type that was often unhappy, and was uneducated.  Given the opportunity, I would like to redo that role.”  Lee Byung Hun believes that in order to improve his acting, he must review his performance regularly.  

Of all the characters that he has played in his career, his favourite role is that the stubborn Min-chul in “Beautiful Days”.  There is a similarity between Min-chul and the real Lee Byung Hun.  Beneath the toughness and coldness, is a gentle and warm person, only not obviously revealed.  There is no crash course for developing charisma.  Through years, Lee Byung Hun shook off his greenness and added some weathering, just like the the high school teacher “In-woo”, in “Bungee Jumping Of Their Own”.   He said:  “ It was quite a difficult role to play because the movie cover 20 odd years.   The role was of an innocent and pure university student being transformed to a mature man, having endured emotional damages and life challenges.  I liked the role very much,  because the high school teacher was really affectionate.  When his girlfriend suddenly disappeared, he still believes they may one day be reunited. ”  

Lee Byung Hun hand wrote a message for men’s uno:

“A man must be responsible for all his action.” 

Source:   M by men’s uno 

First edition, Fall/Winter 2003/04

June 29, 2014
Copied this from LBH DC.. seems that filming of "The Insiders" may have started.. perhaps the scenes without the main cast. Thanks to mistymorning for the translated fan-description.
Somebody rang the door early in the morning, saying he's a movie staff, - I thought what a crook - but he said they're filming in the back of the house so it might become somewhat noisy, and gave this mug.
The left is the title of the movie "Insiders" on the right is LBH's signature, with a 'Thank you' note.
the_insiders_15.jpg

Captures copied from LBH DC, thanks to mistymorning for the gist
July 2, 2014
Seems that the 'All In House" in Seopjikoji, Jeju will be converted into a Candy House. The Korean drama tourist landmark is being renovated and the building with a completely new appearance will be re-opened on July 10, 2014.
It doesn't look like anything about the house (church) resembling how it was in the drama at all.
The house previously (from compilation here)
IMG_3537.jpg
The house it's going to be... now
candy_house_1.jpg

candy_house_2.jpg

candy_house_3.jpg

candy_house_4.jpg

candy_house_5.jpg

Tidbits from LBH-LMJ wedding almost a year ago.. thanks to fan-sharing at LBH DC <3 translated gist by mistymorning.
The couple received a classic steel coffee table as wedding gift from actor Park Joong Hoon.
bhmj_gift_pjh.jpeg

And in the wedding party, Byunghun & Minjung sang a duet of the song 'The Blue In You'. It's a very popular couple song and OST from the movie "The Blue In You" (1993) which its director also attended the wedding party. 
Not the couple singing but just to share the original version note.gif

bhmj_the_blue_in_you.png

Saw the topic before but didn't realize that LBH-LMJ included in the compilation duh.gif

June 28, 2014
K-Celeb Double Dates That Need to Happen

by CallMeN00NA soompi.com

From A-List actors to popular idols, Korean celebrities have been either announcing their relationships or being photographed on not-so-discreet dates on an almost monthly basis. It’s happening so often, that it’s not as interesting. Korean celebrity dating isn’t cool, you know what’s cool? Korean celebrity double dating. 
That’s right. This needs to be the future of Korean celebrity scandals. In the Western celebrity world, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Beyonce, and Jay-Z are having double dates at fashion show and court-side seats at NBA games (with the paparazzi as their fifth wheel). Where are my Korean celebrity double dates? I want to see Dispatch release blurry, zoomed-in photos of four idols having a double date in one of their Mercede Benz. Is that too much to ask? 
So here are some of Noona’s double date scenarios that need to happen in the real life. 
6couple.jpg
Talk about power couples! Kwon Sang Woo and Lee Byung Hun are rightfully two of Korea’s most charismatic leading men, and their wives are two of Korea’s most beautiful women, Son Tae Young and Lee Min Jung. 
The double date: Kwon Sang Woo and Son Tae Young invite the other couple over to their secret chateau for horseback riding and fencing. In the evening they have wine and steak next to a blazing fireplace while they passionately discuss the future of Korean cinema. 

Clip highlighted at PlanetBH0712.. not too sure what the occasion .. or perhaps. just because ^^
Published on Jul 2, 2014 by ETN

At that time that the expression: The Good, The Bad, The Weird

June 26, 2014
Director Kim Ji Woon 10th Anniversary plan to release 'The Good The Weird' Extended version
Source: JoyNews l thanks to mistymorning for the translation
Film maker and director Kim Ji Woon plans to release a director's (expanded) cut on the 10th anniversary of 'The Good, The Bad and The Weird'. The current screening version is a 139-minute length movie but the director wanted to release a longer duration going up to 3 hours or 3 hours and a half version
Dir. Kim has contacted the production company and they said they'll check whether they still have the resources.
If this plan materializes, it'll probably be released around 2018?

Source: Asian Movies
The Harmonium in My Memory
Set in 1963, 21-year-old Kang Su-Ha (Lee Byung-Hun), a recent graduate with the major in Education, gets posted to a small country town as a primary school teacher. A 17-year-old student there at the school named Hong-Yeon (Jeon Do-Yeon) falls for the new teacher. Meanwhile, Su-Ha finds himself attracted to Yang Eun-Hee (Lee Mi-Yeon ), another teacher who arrived at the town on the same day as Su-Ha. Su-Ha and Eun-Hee both share a love for music, while Hong-Yeon searches for meaning in all of her teacher's actions ...
10462621_528337220628721_415572148296540

Screenshot2014-07-04at63314PM_zps4aef717

Special interview with Lee Byung Hun in Milan by Apple Daily

Lee Byung Hun successfully broke into the Hollywood market with the movie “G I Joe: The Rise of Cobra” in 2009.   He immediately shot the GI Joe’s  sequel “ G.I. Joe Retaliation” and “Red 2”.  All these grossed over hundreds of millions of US Dollars, making Lee Byung Hun an international superstar.  This year, Lee Byung Hun was selected for his fourth Hollywood movie, co-starring with Arnold Schwarzenegger in “Terminator: Genesis”.  When Lee  Byung Hun accepted an exclusive interview with this newspaper reporter, he revealed that his childhood nickname was ‘The Terminator’ and he will challenge the role of a real villain for the first time.  

With respect to his successful entry into the U.S. market, Lee Byung Hun admitted, in the interview, that he is enjoying these opportunities.  However, he has no plans to stay there for further developing his overall career.   He said: "I perform best in the Korean language, therefore my main base will still be Korean movies.  I definitely would not give this up.  I am still a rookie in the United States, and will keep on learning.” 

Lee Byung Hun stated frankly that the working methods of South Korean differ from that of the US.  While South Korea emphasizes on the thorough understanding of the actor’s condition and situation, the US has a very reasonable system,  that can help the actors and crews work within a fixed schedule.  Lee Byung Hun has been to Hong Kong for a number of times.  He praises the vibrancy of the Hong Kong people.  The gourmet food is most able to satisfy his appetite.  He has met with many Hong Kong entertainers,  his favorite being Tony Leung with his electric eyes. 

Screenshot2014-07-04at63809PM_zpsf0a6b5b     

Screenshot2014-07-04at64403PM_zps884c548

Screenshot2014-07-04at65110PM_zps2ec734c

Portraying the Liquid Metal Man, a villain

With respect to cooperating with Arnold in “Terminator Genesis”, he praised the film series and stated that he considers the Terminator series of movies the best action films that he has watched as a child.  He even revealed that his childhood nickname is ‘the Terminator.’  Therefore being able to participate in this movie is an honour for him.  Although it is widely believed that he plays the role of villains in Hollywood,  he stressed that it is difficult to define whether his previous roles were that of  heroes or villains.  He said with a smile that in “Terminator: Genesis” he will definitely play his first genuine villain role.  It is known that he will portray the villain, the Liquid metal man: T-1000.

Source:  http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/entertainment/art/20140627/1877

Guest larra90

The Harmonium in My MemoryHong-yun is a high school girl in little mountain village when she falls head-over-heels for a handsome new school teacher, Mr. Jang. What with taking care of her youngest baby brother for her widowed mother and the impossible age difference, it is a roller-coaster ride for her as she tries to become someone special for Mr. Jang while he seems interested in the other new teacher at the school, Miss Yang.

5744280.jpg5750424.jpg5748376.jpg5735064.jpg5740184.jpg5733016.jpg5720728.jpg5718680.jpg5725848.jpg5712536.jpg5710488.jpg5716632.jpg5702296.jpg5708440.jpg5706392.jpg5707416.jpg5762715.jpg5760667.jpg5765787.jpg5766811.jpg

Hello @larra90, so happy to have you here, fellow LBH fan! welcome.gif
The HIMM screencaps are just awesome, I love the one showing BH pouting when his female colleague left the school. Still so young, cute and nerdy (yet mischevous ^^).. that's our Hunnie; LOL. From this movie, Byunghun collaborated twice with his two co-stars... with LMY in Addiction and JDY in the upcoming Memories of the Sword.
Come check out the HIMM soompi thread. as well as our website and FB, It'll be cool to have you there. Please keep on sharing all about Lee Byung Hun with us!
@lbhfanhk, the article is just so precious to read and you've finally got your Photobucket running and posting pics! Well done! heart.gif This calls for more photos to share, huh.. huh.. laughing.gif

Still in the mood of 'Harmonium in My Memory' wub2.gif
Thanks to mistymorning for the wonderful translation ^^http://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0117_201407041345103659
Article is about the importance of name. This is from YTN program on "Stories about communication and sharing" 10th episode in which Professor Kim talked about the topic 
What does a name mean to a person?
Using scenes in the movie as an example, in particular, Harmonium in My Memory' -- JDY's mom called her "kid' while JDY was taking care of her brother and played kid's play. Later when she saw LBH arriving at the village, followed him and BH called to JDY 'hello lady (or miss)' to ask for direction.
This is the point when the movie sets its direction. afterward, JDY still taking care of her brother, but didn't play kid's play anymore. It didn't happen instantly, but JDY tried to act like a lady and, to became a lady". The program ended with "How we are called, how we are seen by others are strongly related with what we say and how we behave."
The Harmonium In My Memory (1999) Full Movie with English Subtitle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzhiGJQOYU

Guest larra90

I am very glad and I am very happy^^ thank you  that accepted me and sorry, my english bad... But I love Lee Byung Hun and you forum)