Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

March 31, 2014
'Terminator: Genesis' Adds 'G.I. Joe Retaliation' Star Byung-hun Lee'Mad Men' actor Michael Gladis and 'House of Cards' actress Sandrine Holt have joined the cast in unspecified roles.
by Brian Gallagher MovieWeb.com

NEP1f9CXi8SESX_1_b.jpg
Now that all the primary cast members are locked in, Terminator: Genesis is starting to round out the supporting cast, bringing on Byung-hun Lee (G.I. Joe Retaliation), Michael Gladis (Mad Men) and Sandrine Holt (House of Cards).
No details were given for any of these new cast members' roles, but The Hollywood Reporter reveals that Byung-hun Lee's role, "promises to be a doozy." They join a cast that includes Arnold Schwarzenegger as a T-800 Terminator, Jason Clarke as John Connor, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, J.K. Simmons as a detective who has been obsessed with the Terminator/Sarah Connor case since 1984 and Dayo Okeniyi, who signed on last week to play the son of Cyberdyne engineer Miles Dyson.
The story is said to be a continuation of the original franchise, tying up previous story threads while taking into consideration the passage of time between the two movies. For instance, Arnold Schwarzenegger recently revealed that his Terminator character will have aged, which explains why his character will look older. Danny Dyson was portrayed by the young DeVaughn Nixon in 1991's Terminator 2: Judgment Day, with Joe Morton playing his father Miles Dyson. Dayo Okeniyi is portraying an older version of Danny in Terminator: Genesis.
Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) is directing from a script by Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) and Laeta Kalogridis (White House Down), with David Ellison producing and providing the financing through his Skydance Productions company. Principal photography is slated to begin in New Orleans next month.
Genesis comes to theaters July 1st, 2015 and stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi, Byung-hun Lee, Michael Gladis. The film is directed by Alan Taylor.

logo-thr.jpg
March 31, 2014
'G.I. Joe,' 'Mad Men' and 'House of Cards' Actors Join 'Terminator: Genesis' (Exclusive)
Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, Jason Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger are starring in the reboot of the sci-fi action movie.

by Borys Kit THR
byung_hun_lee_michael_gladis_sandrine_ho
Byung-hun Lee, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt - H 2014
Byung-hun Lee, who played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movies, has been cast in a key role in Terminator: Genesis, the reboot of the sci-fi action franchise being made by Skydance and Paramount.
Also joining the cast are Mad Men actor Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt.
The trio join stars Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, Jason Clarke and Arnold Schwarzenegger, as well as supporting players J.K. Simmons and Dayo Okeniyi, in the movie that Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) is directing.
Genesis, which is the film's working title at this stage, aims to be a continuation of the James Cameron classics and is trying to tie all the threads and even take into consideration the time passed. For example, Schwarzenegger is back as Terminator cyborg and his older appearance will be explained. Okeniyi is playing the son of Miles Dyson, the Cyberdyne exec played by Joe Morton in Terminator: Judgement Day; the character was a little boy in that movie. (Emilia Clarke is portraying Sarah Connor, Courtney will be Kyle Reese and Jason Clarke is John Connor.)
Lee's role is being kept locked in the deepest vaults of Cyberdyne, I mean Skydance, but it promises to be a doozy.
Lee, a big star in his native South Korea, made his American debut with G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and also appeared in Red 2, Summit’s action movie that starred Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren. He is repped by CAA, BH Entertainment, and McKuin Frankel.
Gladis played ad man Paul Kinsey on AMC's acclaimed Mad Men. He has several movies in the can, including Atom Egoyan’s Devil’s Knot, the Peter Dinklage comedy Knights of Badassdom and the Jason Blum-produced Not Safe for Work. He is repped by TalentWorks and Gallant Management.
Holt had a key role in Season Two of House of Cards and is currently shooting Air (she plays the female lead), the Robert Kirkman-produced sci-fi indie that also stars Norman Reedus and Djimon Hounsou. She is repped by Innovative Artists, D2 Management and Characters Talent in Canada.   
Email: Borys.Kit@thr.comTwitter: @borys_kit

March 31, 2014
Storm Shadow Actor Joins Terminator: Genesis 
Posted by: Matt McGloin, Editor/Publisher Cosmic BookNews
byung-hun-lee.jpg

Three new casting announcements for Alan Taylor's Terminator: Genesis movie become known with Byung-hun Lee, Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt.
Byung-hun Lee played Storm Shadow in the G.I. Joe movies, with Michael Gladis known for AMC's Mad Men and Sandrine Holt known for House of Cards.
Byung-hun Lee's role is said to be a key role in Terminator: Genesis, but isn't being released. THR actually states the role is a "doozy" (maybe a new Terminator?).
Gladis and Sandrine's roles are likewise being kept under wraps.

April 1, 2014
Lee Byung Hun Cast in the New ‘Terminator’ Movie
CJ E&M enewsWorld Oh, MiJung  Translation Credit : Grace Danbi Hong

Continuing his Hollywood track, Lee Byung Hun has been cast in the upcoming blockbuster movie, Terminator: Genesis. 
On April 1, enews spoke with BH Entertainment, who stated, “It’s true that Lee Byung Hyun has been cast in this new movie. He will be playing an important role.”
Terminator: Genesis is a completely new series as compared to the other movies. 
62480002.jpg

“It’s reboot series that is beginning fresh. We know that the US production is strongly pushing for it,” said the agency. “He’s been cast in a good movie.”
In May, Lee Byung Hun will be headed to the States to discuss the filming schedules. The agency guesses that the filming will take around two months, although nothing specific has been decided. 
Terminator: Genesis is a trilogy about the younger years of Sarah Connor and John Connor’s father, Kyle Reese. The first movie will be released in July of 2015. Other actors cast in the film are Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who have all been part of the series since the beginning. 
Alan Taylor, who director Thor: Dark World, will hold the megaphone for the film. 
Lee Byung Hun has successfully debuted in Hollywood through Red: The Legend and both G.I.Joe films. He is awaiting the premiere of Memories of the Sward in 2014. 
Photo Credit: enews DB.

March 31, 2014
Byung-hun Lee, Michael Giadis And Sandrine Holt Book Terminator Roles‏
by Brendon Connelly Bleeding Cool.com
Byung-hun-Lee-600x398.jpg?9098e0

Several supporting roles in the new Terminator movie have been cast. Michael Giadis and Sandrine Holt’s roles haven’t garnered much commentary – they’re secret but, as far as we know, relatively straightforward.
But here’s what The Hollywood Reporter say about the part given to GI Joe’s Byung-hun Lee’s:
Lee’s role is being kept locked in the deepest vaults of Cyberdyne, I mean Skydance, but it promises to be a doozy.
That’s thinly veiled “evil terminator” talk, isn’t it? Robocop 3′s Otomo ninjabots all over again?

March 31, 2014
G.I. Joe’s Byung-hun Lee Joins Terminator: Genesis (Probably as the Villain)
By Nix Beyond Hollywood.com
I’m just guessing here, but given that South Korean actor Byung-hun Lee has played nothing but villains so far in his Hollywood career (two “G.I. Joe” movies and “Red 2″), I’m gonna say that he’s once again been cast as the villain in Alan Taylor’s upcoming “Terminator: Genesis.” And if it is indeed the villain role, it will likely be the latest Terminator sent back in time to kill Sarah Connor, right?

Of course, that’s all conjecture on my part, but let’s face it, it’s not like Hollywood has a lot of creativity when it comes to casting foreign actors.
Sandrine HoltAnyways, it looks like Byung-hun Lee, along with “Mad Men’s” Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt (currently seen in “House of Cards,” and was previously a co-star on the doomed-from-day-one CBS show “Hostages), are joining the Alan Taylor film in unspecified roles. Lee’s role is said to be a key role and “a doozy,” whatever that means.
The remake/sequel/re-imagining, we’re told, “aims to be a continuation of the James Cameron classics and is trying to tie all the threads and even take into consideration the time passed.”
They will apparently try to achieve this by addressing Arnold Schwarzenegger’s age head on, which Schwarzenegger himself explained earlier.
Again, Terminator Byung-hun Lee. Mark my words. Maybe he can go shirtless while he’s trying to kill Sarah Connor?
“Terminator: Genesis” will co-star Emilia Clarke as the new Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as the new Kyle Reese, and Jason Clarke as the new John Connor. Schwarzenegger is expected to reprise the T-800.
Skynet tries to destroy us one more time next year on July 1, 2015.

Guest seli_setiana

Terminator is not the kind a movie I like actualy,,, not muchBut getting involve once again in the Holywood Blockbuster is "A WOW"  :D
Loving you as always BHssi  :x

^ Byunghun-ssi will be realizing his childhood nickname (Terminator) in the movie with Arnold. At least this movie is more definite than GI Joe 3. After Retaliation being delayed in 2012, it's hard to take their plans seriously. Could be why BH was able to commit to be in Terminator 5.
Personally, just don't like thinking that BH had to be on "standby" for filming.. as in 2011 (with GI Joe2). Hopefully Terminator would stick to its schedule and start filming soon.. around May? And after that, BH will be back in Seoul and busy with "Memories of the Sword"..
e_100914_01.jpg
http://everythinglbh.com/entry_view.php?id=1092

April 1, 2014
RED Star Lee Byung Hun Joins 'Terminator 5: Genesis'
Source: BNTNews
zy9n8eiyklafdux81y9gdptfm0eo03bz.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] The next series of 'Terminator' confirmed to add G.I. Joe's Storm Shadow Lee Byung Hun.
Today, agency of Lee Byung Hun announced that the star will join Terminator's upcoming series. The role Lee Byung Hun will be playing is unknown yet, but is known to be a very crucial character.
Along with Lee, the 'Terminator 5: Genesis' is starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke and Australian actor Jason Clarke.
The upcoming series, which is mainly about the youth of Kyle Reese, the posthumous father of John Connor and the love of Sarah Connor, will be made out of three parts. (photo by bntnews DB)

March 31, 2014
Lee Byung Hun Cast in “Terminator: Genesis,” to Work with Arnold Schwarzeneggerhttp://www.soompi.com/2014/03/31/lee-byung-hun-cast-in-terminator-genesis-to-work-with-arnold-schwarzenegger/#.Uzp0eaiSwsA

lee-byung-hun-800x450.jpg

Actor Lee Byung Hun has been cast in the Hollywood blockbuster film “Terminator: Genesis,” a reboot on the “Terminator” series. Specifics on his role have not been released, but it was said that Lee Byung Hun will be playing a key role in the film.
“Terminator: Genesis” is the start of a trilogy on the young life of Sarah and John Connor’s father, Kyle Reese. The first movie is tentatively set to premiere in North America in July of next year, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Emilia Clarke, and Jason Clark. The film will be directed by Alan Taylor, who most recently directed “Thor: Dark World.”
Lee Byung Hun has previously appeared in several Hollywood movies, including the “G.I. Joe” series and “Red: The Legend,” and it’ll be exciting to see what kind of role he will take in this new film.  

March 31, 2014
Terminator: Genesis Adds G.I. Joe's Byung-Hun Lee And Two More
BY ERIC EISENBERG CinemaBlend20140401_1396335142_83225000_1.jpg
The Terminator: Genesis production has been on a casting spree as of late, bringing in actors like J.K. Simmons and The Hunger Games' Dayo Okeniyi, and today that train has continued down the tracks adding three more passengers. The Hollywood Reporter has gotten word that Byung-hun Lee, Sandrine Holt, and Michael Gladis have all signed on for parts in the upcoming sci-fi blockbuster. 
The three new stars join a solid cast that will feature Arnold Schwarzenegger back as T-800, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke as John Conner and Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. Okeniyi will be playing the son of Miles Dyson (the Cyberdyne executive played by Joe Morton in Terminator 2: Judgement Day) and Simmons will be playing a new character described as an alcoholic detective who has been following Sarah Connor's case for years. As for the new actors joining the cast, all of their roles are being kept a secret - though Lee's part "promises to be a doozy." 
It's possible this is a little obvious, but does anyone get the impression from this story that Byung-hun Lee will be playing some new kind of Terminator sent back from the future to kill Sarah Connor. The actor certainly has the physicality, as he has shown in big action movies like G.I. Joe Retaliation: 

Not to mention Red 2: 

Holt and Gladis aren't exactly house-hold names, but if you watch a good amount of smart television then you are likely familiar with their work. Gladis is best known for playing Paul Kinsey, an ad salesman at Sterling Cooper in the early seasons of Mad Men. As for Holt, she has had a recurring part as Gillian Cole on the Netflix series House of Cards, where she gets a lot of screentime with the great Robin Wright and plays an charity worker who winds up getting her morality stretched working in Washington D.C. 
As we reported earlier today, production is going to be starting very soon down in New Orleans and there are already plans being made to start production on back-to-back sequels that will follow it. Terminator: Genesis will be heading to theaters on July 1, 2015, but you can expect that it will be the first of many to come in the next few years. 

@ rubie   @ seli_setiana

Thank you for all the recent postings on BH joining the cast of “Terminator : Genesis” . 

Totally agree with seli_setiana that “Terminator” is not the type of movies that I am crazy about.  However, knowing that firstly, Hollywood loves to cast Asian actors as action villains  and secondly, it needs a super star from Asia to attract Asian audiences for their block busters, they have chosen the right actor.  I am happy to see BH acting in English on the wide screen, anytime.  However, I hope the producers and director of “Terminator : Genesis”  will give him an important role and not merely a supporting one just to show off his physique. 

Terminator: Genesis seems like a new movie altogether although it has the main character(s) from the original Terminator. It also appears that there will be sequels coming up as well. Call me whatever but I wished Byunghun will not sign on to do the sequels as he did for GI Joe. Well, if his character doesn't get killed off that is. Although if he's playing a some kind of terminator (as widely anticipated), even if he gets destroyed -- there will always be "reasons" to bring him back, just like Storm Shadow. What I'm getting at is that .. don't we rather see BH work in various genres and movies.. not just action.. and not always the same franchise. We're still not sure if he'll return in RED if they make another sequel which very likely will see a third installment. BH's Han has 50/50 40/60 chance, looking at past characters.
Hmm.. in my hastiness, I thought that the filming starts in May.. but BH Ent stated that he's going in May to finalize the schedule  It'll be nice and better if the filming starts soon or else it will clash with Hyeopyeo promo activities although the Korean feature hasn't set a release date as yet.
About BH being offered a role in Terminator, can't help thinking about how Dir. KJW was working with Arnold Schwarzenegger last year. Of course it could be other factors given LBH's rile in RED2 and GI Joe. Hopefully Dir. Kim's wish to work with Byunghun again will materialize as well.. a fourth time the charm and not a crazy bloody brutal movie this time, if you please.

April 2, 2014
Lee Byung-hun a Terminator?
By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily01194512.jpg
Actor Lee Byung-hun is joining the latest film in Arnold Schwarzenegger’s “Terminator” series, according to an exclusive report from Hollywood Reporter yesterday. 
According to the report, the Korean star has been cast in “a key role” in “Terminator: Genesis,” along with Michael Gladis and Sandrine Holt. Though the producers have not said anything yet about Lee’s character, Hollywood insiders are speculating that his role will be significant. 
Alan Taylor, who directed “Thor: The Dark World” (2013), will be at the helm of the latest sequel about the rise of machines that wage war on mankind, periodically sending killer cyborgs, or terminators, back in time to change the past.
Lee, who started his acting career in 1991, has expanded his activity in Hollywood in recent years, appearing in “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra” (2009) and “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” (2013), as well as “Red 2” with Bruce Willis. 
“Terminator: Genesis” is slated to be released in summer next year.htm_2014040114311c020c011.jpg

April 1, 2014
Lee Byung-hun to appear in 'Terminator: Genesis'
By Park Si-soo The Korea Times
12-03(67).jpg
Korean actor Lee Byung-hun will appear in Hollywood blockbuster “Terminator: Genesis,” in which he will act with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke and Emilia Clarke among others. 
This is the fifth sequel of the famous sci-fi action flick “The Terminator” released in 1984.
Lee’s management agency said on Tuesday he recently decided to take an offer from the film’s producer Alan Taylor.
“His casting was decided recently,” Jung Seo-young, a spokeswoman for BH Entertainment, told The Korea Times over the phone. “At this moment, we have nothing to tell the media but the fact that he will act in the film.”
She refused to elaborate on what role he will take and when and where the shooting will begin. But U.S. entertainment magazine The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Lee’s role will be something of a “doozy.”
Cast members include Arnold Schwarzenegger as a T-800 Terminator, Jason Clarke as John Connor, Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, J.K. Simmons as a detective who has been obsessed with the Terminator/Sarah Connor case since 1984 and Dayo Okeniyi, who signed on last week to play the son of Cyberdyne engineer Miles Dyson.
The story is said to be a continuation of the original franchise, tying up previous story threads while taking into consideration the passage of time between the two movies.
Arnold Schwarzenegger recently revealed that his Terminator character will have aged, which explains why his character will look older. Terminator: Genesis will hit theaters in July, 2015.

To ease the Terminator news nonstop updates... not that we mind, right? At least it gets the thread pages to move after being static for so long. Phew.
Here are RED 2 Han gifs.. hope everyone will like them. Will make some more, soon. Please give awhile for these to uplaad, ok.

red2_1.gif

red2_2.gif

red2_3.gif

They're nothing fancy, just simple ones but if anyone wants Byunghun gifs, please feel free to let me know. If I have the clips, I'd be happy to make them.  heart.gif

I have to be honest, I am a little blah about the new Terminator thing. I hate to see BH's tremendous talent wasted on a project like this. Storm Shadow opened the door in Hollywoood, so even though it was that type of film, it served a purpose. But to see him sign on for another one of these is blah. Watching him in Bittersweet Life is wonderful. Seeing his range in Masquerade was amazing. I would rather see him in quality Korean films than lackluster Hollywood do overs. Admittedly, I enjoyed the original Terminator years ago. Its just the tendency to do remakes gets boring, and I think BH is so much better than the caricature villan. I will hope for the best. I could see him so easily in a serious drama lead role, it seems a terrible waste of his talent and charisma.

^ Great Insightful feedback @parkmisoo, you've said what all of us are feeling as well. Byunghun probably (just my thinking) hadn't had much choices to begin with when it comes to Hollywood offers. This new Terminator is probably the best offer .. somehow he's more known for action acting and that stuck in his profile. We definitely want to see him in more Korean movies but he had just finished Memories of the Sword and probably felt the need to change the pace (as in Korea vs Hollywood projects). While GI Joe 3 is being delayed, Terminator is the best he's got. It's a pity that with his talent, Hollywood still isn't ready nor willing to risk their chance by having a good actor show them what he's got than just high kicks. But I also remember that when in London, he had the RED2 team watched Masquerade. Thinking about that, it's a positive step by BH to show more about his ability. Maybe, somewhere along the way.. it's obviously not an easy task.. someone might have the good sense of casting Lee Byung Hun in a non-action role.. or lessening it by showcasing a more comedic/lighter/dramatic side of him.. 
Have to give it to our Byunghun, though.. his patience and perseverance level is even more than expected.

176.gif
On the other hand, it's great to see that dramabeans is writing about LBH again, on this new update. Article not by jb though but it's good to read the discussion in a sensible, mature and constructive manner.. well, almost. 
April 1, 2014
Lee Byung-heon lands role in Terminator: Genesis by awcoconutshttp://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/lee-byung-heon-lands-role-in-terminator-genesis/

Mega Holly- and Hallyu- wood star Lee Byung-heon has been cast as a central character in the reboot of the Terminator series, Terminator: Genesis. While the details around the role are unknown, Lee Byung-heon will collaborate with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is reprising his role as Terminator, in the fifth film of the franchise.
Schwarzenegger recently worked with South Korean director Kim Ji-woon on the movie The Last Stand (2013), and perhaps it was his favorable experience that led him to work with Lee Byung-heon (who has appeared in three Kim Ji-woon films). At the time, when asked about working with a foreign director, Schwarzenegger said cheekily that he wondered prior to production, “How do you take someone with so much talent and bring him to America and not have the Americans screw him up?”
While Schwarzenegger was discussing the ability of big studios to drastically modify a director’s work, I’ve been impressed with Lee Byung-heon’s ability to connect with American and foreign audiences. He’s successfully navigated from television dramas to Chungmuro to Hollywood and back, and is perhaps the only South Korean entertainer who has paralleled his domestic success in the U.S. and across the globe, resonating with viewers regardless of where they are domiciled.
On paper, his projects and the sequencing of those projects don’t make sense, but collectively, he’s built a global brand, all while maintaining his celebrity status in Korea. In a combination of acting versatility and an eye for quality projects, he followed up his Hollywood debut as Storm Shadow in 2009’s G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra with the drama series IRIS (’nuff said), three Chungmuro films (Gwanghae, The Man Who Became King, Kim Ji-woon’s I Saw The Devil, The Influence), a Japanese miniseries (Diplomat Kosaku Kuroda), and a return to Hollywood with the second G.I. Joe film and last year’s Red 2, which also starred Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren.
Other actors cast in the Terminator reboot include Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Jason Clarke (no relation to the actress; Zero Dark Thirty, The Great Gatsby) as John Connor, and Jai Courtney (Divergent) as Kyle Reese.
Alan Taylor, director of Thor: The Dark World, will helm Terminator: Genesis. Once the details are finalized, Lee Byung-heon will depart for the States, as filming begins in early May.
Via Newsen, Seoul Economy

April 2, 2014
Lee Byung Heon cast in 'Terminator: Genesis'
Source: STARN News
On April 1st, a representative of Lee Byung Heon's management agency said, "Lee Byung Heon will be casting in 'Terminator: Genesis'."
The representative went on, "Other details and schedules were not decided yet, but Lee Byung Heon's decision was made."
On March 31st, an American magazine reported that Lee Byung Heon decided to cast in movie 'Terminator: Genesis', which is the first film of 'Terminator Reboot Series'.
Meanwhile, Lee Byung Heon casted in 'G.I.Joe' and 'Red 2' last year.
/Reporting by Kim Hye-in en@starnnews.com

[size=2]

[/size]

Lee Byung-Hun, cast for ‘Terminator 5’ “It will be special role”
Source: Innolife 
The world star Lee Byung-Hun was casted for the Hollywood block buster ‘Terminator : Genesis’(Terminator 5)
On 31st (local Time) Hollywood Reporter reported that Lee Byung-Hun was casted for the major role of ‘Terminator 5’. According to the report Lee Byung-Hun will take a key role. With Lee Byung-Hun Arnold Schwarzenegger will come back as a terminator.
‘Therminator 5’ will be made for a trilogy, about the young age of Kyle Reese(Jai Courtney) the father of Sarah Connor(Emilia Clarke) and John Conner(Jason Clarke). The director of ‘Torr: Dark World’, Alan Taylor will direct the movie, and it will be released on July 2015.