Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Watch the Youtube clip for a glimpse of STORM SHADOW in action! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

World Exclusive: The G.I. Joe Super Bowl Spot!

Source: Paramount Pictures January 31, 2009

ComingSoon.net and SuperheroHype.com are giving the world today an exclusive early look at the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Super Bowl spot! This is the first footage ever from the Stephen Sommers-directed big screen adaptation and we think you'll feel the same way as us after viewing it - you want to see more!!

From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. Joe team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos.

trailer1a.jpg

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, opening in theaters on August 7, stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

Watch the Super Bowl spot using the player below or by downloading one of the three High Definition QuickTime files!

[480p] ! [720p] ![1080p]

Source: superherohype.com

'G.I. Joe' Superbowl Spot Now Online!

by Erik Davis Jan 31st 2009 // 4:33PM

We've shoved our way through several different waves of G.I. Joe character posters in order to finally arrive here with our first look at actual footage from the film -- and I must say, despite all the naysaying, it looks pretty damn rad. Coming Soon has just debuted the Superbowl TV spot for G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, and while it's wayyy too short to grab any strong indication of whether or not the flick will rock our socks off, what we do get is a nice helping of summer action -- complete with chases, crashes, fights and foxes. Starring Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra hits theaters on August 7. Check out the spot below or in HD over on Coming Soon. So ... whaddya think?

GI Joe Superbowl TV Spot

youtube2.jpghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZroIVS_qNc

Source: cinematical.com

FEBRUARY 2009

feb2009i.jpg

February 6: 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' opens in United Kingdom

February 1 - 11: JSA and GBW screening at 27th Fajr International Film Festival, Iran

February 23 - 24: Discovery Channel's Hip Korea - SEOUL SAVVY airs in South East Asia, Japan & Korea

February 27: GBW at the 45th Baeksang Art Awards

February 27: The Opening of 9th Avenue Hallyu Mall (LBH-CJW Shops)

February 28: Fan Meet at Yoyogi Arena, Tokyo

Published Date: 01 February 2009

Film Review: The Good, The Bad and the Weird

By SIOBHAN SYNNOT

A South Korean western pays homage to Italian rip-offs of American movies set in the 1930s with three outlaws: good Do-won (Jung Woo-sung), bad Chang-yi (Lee Byung-hun) and weird Tae-goo (Song Kang-ho). All three spend the movie on horseback chasing after the 'X' on a treasure map hidden in the desert. This Asian take on cowboys allows for a whole new magazine of weaponry. In addition to six-shooters and pistols, the men of the Manchurian desert arm themselves with bamboo spears and even a medieval mace or two. Grandiose, incredibly brutal, hyper-kinetic and convolutedly plotted, the key word here is weird.

Released Friday in Glasgow and Edinburgh

Source: news.scotsman.com

Guest valley girl

From 15,085 people

090131 Opinion poll - Handsome Man Ranking @ Entertainment Relay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGBlyUEkV4

1. Jang Dong Gun 30,2% ~ he Really Absolute hahahah

2. Jo in Sung 9,9%

3. Rain 8,7%

4. Bae YoungJoon 7,0%

5. Song Seung heon 5,9%

6. Won bin 5,8%

7. Jung Woo sung 5,4%

8. Hyun Bin 3,2 % ( diff less with SJS )

9. So ji Sub 3,2%

10. Lee byoung Heon 2,7%

11. Danielle Henney

12. Kwon SangWoo

13. chaeseungWon

14. lee jung jae

15. Kang dongWon

i am Proud only 1 is mix

From 15,085 people

090131 Opinion poll - Handsome Man Ranking @ Entertainment Relay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGBlyUEkV4

Wah! Thanks so much valley girl for this cool sharing.. been wondering about it since the latest updates came up in the media pages. The clip definitely highlighted the news even more.. :lol:

It's nice seeing Byunghun in a fan-lists occasionally. While he's more known for his acting chops.. it's definitely not a bad thing treated with fan polls such as this one. Not bad at all. :blush:

Byunghun-ssi could've made it to the Best Body toplist as well if ER weren't referring to old-er pics instead. :phew::lol:

The 30-sec trailer, though just a glimpse of Storm Shadow lashing it out is certainly looking and feeling every bit like the Hollywood blockbuster it's touted to be. All those action.. dramatic explosives and cool fighting are certainly bringing up the level of anticipation for 'Rise of Cobra'. It's definitely about the Bad Guys.. :P

20090201_12334742324.jpg

Source: ent.jknews.co.kr

youtube2.jpg [byunghun of our Hearts] 30-sec Cobra trailer at Super Bowl [X]

hey Rubie he is the only 40's there hahaha,,

handsome ahjussi LBH

Hey.. valley girl.. LBH is obviously the oldest among all those guys but whatever it is, please check your info. bleh.gif He will be 39 this July and not even in the 40s. You must be mistaken with Song Kang Ho.. who's at 42, still miles better in acting compared to other actors-wannabee. Just like SKH-ssi, BH is certainly giving the younger guys a run for their money in acting ability & appearance-wise! :lol:

Older or younger.. it's how a person's true personality, charisma and talent especially that will see him/her through to the next level. That's why BH is still one of the best.. striving on challenges, and always giving his utmost with total personal commitment & sterling performances that could put actors half his age to shame..

Guest valley girl

Hey.. valley girl.. LBH is obviously the oldest among all those guys but whatever it is, please check your info. bleh.gif He will be 39 this July and not even in the 40s. You must be mistaken with Song Kang Ho.. who's at 42, still miles better in acting compared to other actors-wannabee. Just like SKH-ssi, BH is certainly giving the younger guys a run for their money in acting ability & appearance-wise! :lol:

Older or younger.. it's how a person's true personality, charisma and talent especially that will see him/her through to the next level. That's why BH is still one of the best.. striving on challenges, and always giving his utmost with total personal commitment & sterling performances that could put actors half his age to shame..

sorry rubie * apologize i don't mean offense him. i mean he didn't even beaten by the Younger ,

Because last Year some handsome actors on poll were lost.

like GongYoo and KDW they weren't on TOP 10 hehehehe

and some were replace because it's Project .

LBH still there..

isn't he 69's born ( i saw in wikipedia ~ but they often give wrong info )????

i have to check out in Empas

shame on me he is 1970's born !!.. i never believe wikipedia/ wiki addict almost many actor's birth all wrong

never believe wikiaddict again

shame on me he is 1970's born !!.. i never believe wikipedia/ wiki addict almost many actor's birth all wrong

never believe wikiaddict again

I don't know about wikiaddict, not familiar with it at all.. but wikipedia's info is quite accurate at least for the basic profile/filmography on BH. It's really rare to find his birthdate that have been wrongly printed anywhere. Personally, I don't think ever seeing any other date(s) than July 12, 1970.. as imdb, Cine21, empas, naver, daum, etc also stated the same date of birth.

valley girl.. to save your time going over & checking at sites that we weren't sure of the accuracy at all.. why don't you try checking EverythingLBH instead.. :blush: .. or LBH's own official & non-official fansites? ^^

Guest valley girl

I don't know about wikiaddict, not familiar with it at all.. but wikipedia's info is quite accurate at least for the basic profile/filmography on BH. It's really rare to find his birthdate that have been wrongly printed anywhere. Personally, I don't think ever seeing any other date(s) than July 12, 1970.. as imdb, Cine21, empas, naver, daum, etc also stated the same date of birth.

valley girl.. to save your time going over & checking at sites that we weren't sure of the accuracy at all.. why don't you try checking EverythingLBH instead.. :blush: .. or LBH's own official & non-official fansites? ^^

but there are still wrong , LBH is famous but another buehhh,, like shim ji ho he is 81's born but wikipedia wrote his year 80's

January 31, 2009

GI JOE Superbowl Spot Arrives Online

Posted by Todd Brown at 6:01pm

Not ever having been a fan of G.I. Joe nor, particularly, of director Stephen Sommers the only particular reason I have for following the upcoming big budget film adaptation of the franchise is that it marks the Hollywood debut of Korean mega-star Lee Byung Hun. Personally, I think he’s slumming it in this as far as content goes but it’s definitely a smarter business path than, say, Chow Yun Fat followed when he killed his chances of succeeding in Hollywood by refusing to play any supporting roles.

Anyway ... Superhero Hype have an exclusive look at the Superbowl trailer for the film and the question now becomes: What’s more entertaining, the trailer itself or the ludicrous comments thread that follows it?

Some of the comments -- for more, please refer the Twitch link below

ChevalierAguila

02/01/2009 @ 12:34am

I see no difference bewteen Lee Byung Hun playing a generic “asian assasin” role here and Chow Yun Fat playing a monk that can dodge bullets (or some crap like that) or a martial arts teacher in Dragon Ball. True that hollywood actually tried to make some flicks specially for the later with Replacement Killers and The Corruptor, too bad they were just poor copies of Hong Kong films of the genre.

So, still to this day hollywood keeps using great asian actors, as well as european actors, for filler generic roles as kung fu masters, thugs and the likes. I can’t see why solid foreign actors would want to get into hollywood just to play this kind of roles, except of course for the money.

No need to get into what an awful hack Sommers is.

Todd Brown

02/01/2009 @ 1:03am

Here’s the difference:

When Chow first came to Hollywood his manager - who was also his wife - would go into casting meetings spouting off about how he was the biggest movie star in the world and anything other than a leading role was an insult. He turned down several support parts that had been written specifically for him because support parts were ‘insulting’. The end result was three horrible bombs in a row and Chow earning a reputation as a failure as a leading man and a pain in the richard simmons to deal with.

Lee, on the other hand, understands that no matter how big he is at home, he needs to prove himself here and took two support roles pretty much simultaneously to do that: the GI Joe part, which will be fluff but fluff that puts his face in front of millions, and I Come With The Rain, which will be seen by far fewer but is meant to show that he can act in English. (kinda makes sense, huh.. why BH chose to be in GI Joe -- a relatively small/supporting part but an effective one to make himself known, hopefully)

Guess which of them will get more work?

pochiW

02/01/2009 @ 1:26am

Lee’s biggest draw in Asia is the Japanese market though - the Korean wave/Hallyu. His boxoffice in Korea depends on working with top-tier directors, who are all the usual names. So in boxoffice stature, cultural influence and iconography his history isn’t as long as Chow’s. His next project is geared towards the Japan market, who have been requesting a sequel to Shiri for a long time.

Mike

02/01/2009 @ 2:11am

Wow…there are a lot of CG people running around in that trailer.

blauereiter

02/01/2009 @ 2:20am

Looking good, Sommers or not.

Jahsoldier

02/01/2009 @ 3:09am

Mmmm….that was just odd. The CGI and feel of the teaser seemed a hell of a lot like the Transformer movies to me. You could actually exchange Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow from the flipping through the air scene with a couple of Transformers and they would not look out of place to me. I am already preparing myself for a disappointment so I hope to be pleasantly surprised. Right now the only aspect holding my attention is Byung-hun Lee and Ray Park but even they look like part of the cgi scenery.

Source: twitchfilm.net

ps: Sung-ja.. how big is Shiri in Japan?

A gif from G.I. Joe preview

source: dcinside

stormhj8.gif

p.s. just got to know the opening ceremony for 9th Ave is on 27th Feb .... :sweatingbullets: , JW will be there for her shop opening ceremony, as for BH ??? since his Japan fan meet is on the next day....

Really hoping that he will be there for at least a while before he fly off to japan ... huh Byung-hun ssi? huh, pls pls :tears:

p.s. just got to know the opening ceremony for 9th Ave is on 27th Feb .... :sweatingbullets: , JW will be there for her shop opening ceremony, as for BH ??? since his Japan fan meet is on the next day....

Really hoping that he will be there for at least a while before he fly off to japan ... huh Byung-hun ssi? huh, pls pls :tears:

Thanks very much for the update, ylin.. that is really cool info, much appreciated! Will put it up to share. ^^ Honestly, I thought it'll be somewhere at the beginning of the month instead.

Maybe BH will attend the launching/opening.. as it's usually(?) would be in the morning/during the day. Unlike the 45th Baeksang which starts late in the afternoon.. which he'll most likely not attend.

But.. don't know how's the preparation for the fanmeet on the 28th going to be.. as we know he usually spends a few days before a big event (heard it'll be BH & 22,000 fans together).. hope for the best, of course. It'll be cool to see both LBH & CJW together.. for 9th Avenue. Finally here.

Looking at the fight schedules for 27/28 Feb, not unless the 9th Ave launch is very early on 27th morning.

JAPAN AIRLINES, JL 952 Incheon 12:25 Tokyo Narita 14:45

KOREAN AIR, KE 5701 Incheon 12:25 Tokyo Narita 14:45

UNITED AIRLINES, UA 882 Incheon 12:15 Tokyo Narita 14:25

ALL NIPPON, NH 7046 Incheon 12:15 Tokyo Narita 14:25

JAPAN AIRLINES, JL 954 Incheon 14:00 Tokyo Narita 16:20

KOREAN AIR, KE 5703 Incheon 14:00 Tokyo Narita 16:20

ASIANA AIRLINES, OZ 104 Incheon 11:30 Tokyo Narita 13:40

ALL NIPPON, NH 6974 Incheon 11:30 Tokyo Narita 13:40

Looking at the fight schedules for 27/28 Feb, not unless the 9th Ave launch is very early on 27th morning.

Whoa! ylin-hunnie already ran to the airport to check! :w00t:

Uhh.. looking at the schedule rubie don't know what to say.. :sweatingbullets: .. but you can SMS Hunnie-ssi.. ask him if he'll attend the 9th Avenue event. :blush:

No.. panda here not kidding with the suggestion.. gosh.. I'm so hooked with the idea of sms-ing BH.. :blush: which he reads, of course.. as Sung-ja said.. whenever the envelopes are opened.. my heart skipped! :lol:

Whoa! ylin-hunnie already ran to the airport to check! :w00t:

Uhh.. looking at the schedule rubie don't know what to say.. :sweatingbullets: .. but you can SMS Hunnie-ssi.. ask him if he'll attend the 9th Avenue event. :blush:

No.. panda here not kidding with the suggestion.. gosh.. I'm so hooked with the idea of sms-ing BH.. :blush: which he reads, of course.. as Sung-ja said.. whenever the envelopes are opened.. my heart skipped! :lol:

maybe you shd try coz you are a member there and btw, i can't see the sms msgs at rubeurs :tears: , do you need to be a member to login?

maybe you shd try coz you are a member there and btw, i can't see the sms msgs at rubeurs :tears: , do you need to be a member to login?

Huh! :huh: Didn't you already send a message as well, posted at the board? :sweatingbullets: I haven't logged in the Rubeurs board (it didn't work before).. but the SMS function is open to everyone.

Unless it's someone else with the same name, I can actually read your message for BH there.. click on 'Community' and the blackboard will appear with our messages to BH. :blush:

Huh! :huh: Didn't you already send a message as well, posted at the board? :sweatingbullets: I haven't logged in the Rubeurs board (it didn't work before).. but the SMS function is open to everyone.

Unless it's someone else with the same name, I can actually read your message for BH there.. click on 'Community' and the blackboard will appear with our messages to BH. :blush:

huh, wat blackboard? i did sent him a sms msg but i can only see part of my msg on the background.

can u tell me what you do to see the msgs?

Step 1 - http://www.leebyunghun.kr/swf/LBH.swf?

Step 2 - click on community?

huh, wat blackboard? i did sent him a sms msg but i can only see part of my msg on the background.

can u tell me what you do to see the msgs?

Step 1 - http://www.leebyunghun.kr/swf/LBH.swf?

Step 2 - click on community?

Yup.. follow step one and the homepage will appear with BH offering us some tea. :wub:

Just below the page.. there's the HOME l PROFILE l FILMOGRAPHY l GALLERY l COMMUNITY l RUBEURS .. right?

Simply click on 'COMMUNITY' and wait awhile (for rubie's pc, it can be quite a long while :wacko: .. so, I'll load the page first, do something else .. then, come back ^^) .. a new page will come on.. just like the one posted before. If the blackboard isn't visible, click on the word 'More' at the small bar just below with the messages flicking on.

Yupyup! I just saw your message to BH about 9th Avenue. Not been read yet.. but it's there! :w00t:

bh_ylin.jpg

February 1 2009 9:12 PM EST

'G.I. Joe' Super Bowl Ad, Shot By Shot:

Joe Enters The MatrixMovie commercial shows off Sienna Miller's leather-clad Baroness, Dennis Quaid's Hefner-esque Hawk

By Larry Carroll

Fanboys have been waiting more than two decades for this moment, and oversize children have longed for it since they first discovered the meaning of "Kung-Fu Grip" in the '60s and '70s. During the Super Bowl on Sunday (February 1), the world got its first glimpse at the live-action "G.I. Joe" movie, "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra." So what did you think?

To be honest: As a die-hard fan of the '80s toys and cartoons, I saw little besides a title card that made me think this was "G.I. Joe." No Cobra Commander, no "Yo, Joe!," no distinctive uniforms, colorful costumes or tongue-in-cheek public-service announcements. If a franchise has been successful for 45 years, why does it need such a massive overhaul that only seems to make it feel more generic?

Then again, my wife, who is not bogged down with any preconceived notions of "G.I. Joe," watched it, looked over at my disappointed face and said: "It looks like a cool action flick!" Maybe in the case of this August release, not knowing is half the battle.

Love it or hate it, here's our shot-by-shot breakdown of the good, the bad and the Baroness:

Shot 1: A foreign sports car pulls up at a fancy mansion.

Shot 2: An establishing shot of a character's leg, stepping out of said vehicle. If it isn't the most overused cliché in all of moviemaking, it's certainly in the top two.

Shot 3: Hey, it's Sienna Miller as the Baroness! The chief intelligence officer for C.O.B.R.A. has a predilection toward tight black outfits, plots to take over the world, and evil men in masks. Thankfully, she's wearing her eyeglasses in this scene.

Shot 4: Hundreds of evil CGI submarines.

Shot 5: A better view of Baroness in her black leather outfit, and a first glimpse at the control room of M.A.R.S. (Military Armament Research Syndicate). There, she stands at attention behind Laird James McCullen Destro XXIV (or Destro to his friends). Played by Christopher Eccleston (the invisible dude from "Heroes"), this appears to be an early scene in the movie, before the Scottish weapons dealer dons his signature steel mask.

Voiceover: "When I'm finished, the world will never forget." Really? Is that Destro's voice? I guess the brogue is interesting, but it certainly couldn't be any more different than Arthur Burghardt's voice in the classic cartoon series.

Shot 6: Green, CGI, mossy-looking things munch away at the Eiffel Tower, dropping it on its side. Clearly, Destro's evil plan is to get revenge after dropping several hundred bucks at Le Jules Verne restaurant only to sit among tourists and eat mediocre French food.

Shot 7: "Make the call," urges Dennis Quaid as Hawk. Since Quaid is so fond of describing his Hawk as a cross between General Patton and Hugh Hefner, we can only assume the serious-looking lady in the background is about to tear her shirt open, and that "the call" is some sort of sexual thing.

Shot 8: "From the director of 'The Mummy.' " Insert your own joke here.

Shot 9: "Mount up!" screams Marlon Wayans as Ripcord. By far the most controversial of the "G.I. Joe" castings, Wayans' take on the somewhat-obscure, serious-minded H.A.L.O. (high altitude, low opening) paratrooper is reportedly to provide comic relief in the film. We can only pray that Wayans' jokes don't include midget special effects, a diaper and rectal thermometers.

Shot 10: Channing Tatum in battle fatigues as Duke, preparing for battle. "Technically, we don't exist," Duke says. "We answer to no one."

Shot 11: A very quick shot of Snake Eyes (Ray Park, "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace") leaping out of a plane.

Shot 12: Oh wow, they are making a sequel to "Wanted" after all! That's so cool. They can bring back McAvoy and Angelina and ... wait a minute, this is still the "G.I. Joe" trailer, right? Then why do those two guys have the superhuman ability to leap through the windows of a speeding bus, and not just go "splat" against the side of it? Maybe just because it looks cool?

Shot 13: The Baroness does a little John Woo double-gun-offensive move, while a pair of Cobra Vipers flank her.

Shot 14: Somebody leaps off a speeding motorcycle, just before it's hit by enemy fire.

Shot 15: Someone else is on the wing of a plane, firing a machine gun. The uniforms all look so similar that it's hard to tell which character is which. I haven't seen this much black leather since the last time I went to the mall and accidentally wandered into Wilsons.

Shot 16: Scarlett (Rachel Nichols, "Resurrecting the Champ") is fleeing an under-attack area, pulling a possibly wounded Breaker (Said Taghmaoui, "Vantage Point") behind her.

Voiceover: "And when all else fails, we don't," Duke continues.

Shot 17: Two figures do somersaults around launched missiles. It looks to be the same folks seen jumping through the bus earlier. Are they Vipers? Power Rangers?

Shot 18: Meet the Joes! From left to right: Heavy Duty (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, "Lost"), Breaker, Duke, Hawk, Ripcord, Scarlett and Snake Eyes.

Shot 19: Destro confronts Hawk in some sort of government building, in front of a security station (good thing he's not wearing the mask, because that would be real tough to get through a metal detector). "What did you say your unit was called?"

stormhj8.gif

Gif from dcinside, thanks to ylin

Shot 20: Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) go toe-to-toe. As any Joe fan knows, the quality of their beloved confrontations could make or break the movie.

Shot 21: Hawk's response to Destro: "I didn't."

Shot 22: Oh, no way! They're making a fourth "Matrix" film? Clearly, that must be the case, because here's a figure in black with the ability to slow time and take three steps to climb over a vehicle being thrown at him in midair? Wow! Oh wait, that's just Snake Eyes.

Shot 23: "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra"

Shot 24: 8.7.09

Source: mtv.com