Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

11 January 2009

Director of Four Seasons Dramas marries [Full article at Kpopped Sisters]

Yes, he’s the man who helmed the popular Four Seasons Dramas namely Spring Waltz (2006), Summer Scent (2003), Winter Sonata (2002) and Autumn in My Heart (2000).

Director-cum-producer Yoon Seok-ho (51) ties the knot with hanbok designer Han Hye-soo (38) on Jan 11. The lovebirds were introduced by friends a year ago. Today, they exchange their vows in a Catholic church in Nonhyun-dong, Seoul surrounded by friends and their loved ones.

The wedding guest list reads like a directory of Hallyu Stars, thanks to the very successful Four Seasons Dramas. Attending the wedding ceremony are Song Seung-hun and Son Hye-jin (Summer Scent) as well as Seo Do-young, Han Hyo-joo and Lee So-yeon (Spring Waltz).

Meanwhile, Song Hye-kyo (Autumn in My Heart) is seen speeding into the premises without appearing to the press. Choi Ji-woo is reportedly attending the event (but there are no pictures of her) while Lee Byung-hun is seen declining an interview with a reporter.

Many of today's Hallyu Stars owe their popularity - especially in Japan - to the Four Seasons Dramas. Bae Yong-joon (Winter Sonata) and Won Bin (Autumn in My Heart) are not able to attend the wedding due to their busy schedules.

Sources: MSN News, Naver News, Newsen via k-popped.com

2009011100496_3.jpg

2009011100496_2.jpg

Captures credit: chosun.com/lovelbh.com

Guest Janie Simply

BH knows how to please his fans. Word got out that he would be attending so he did...make an appearance.

But it sure did look like he had no intention of staying as he was holding on to his coat (he could have just left it in his van).

A very classy BH at the wedding, he looks so fit, his broad shoulders tightly fitting his suit and his skin color seems fairer.

Looks like he arrived really early....to make a hasty exit?

Great observation there about hanging on to the coat; always enjoy your vivid description of him from top to bottom ;)

Eventhough he only appears for a short while, he definitely created a storm, think he was the most photographered celebrities on that day!

Love to hear how Ellabel would describe his hairstyle :)

Guest mailene28

rubie dear, thanks so much for sharing so many photos of our BH. ;)

i woke up at 3 am our time to see the updates & photos, but i dint know that it was maintenance time so i wasnt able to see earlier, & besides i was half asleep to understand what i was reading. :lol:

Byunghun is just so dashing.. i am amazed coz he never ceases to attend the important events of the people close to him.

Guest cynthia05

His hair.. is like.. more red than brown..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun.../BH2009/y44.jpg

And though he's leaving before everyone else.. before it even started.. BH never forgets to wave to the fans..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun.../BH2009/y46.jpg

So gracious of him to be at wedding and left early so as not to make her feel so awkward........in true Hunnie spirit!

Was also wondering about the overcoat....??? He came out also holding the overcoat, Rubie....too much Hunnie sighting that you missed it!! Haha......

I personally don't quite like the hair though....Knowing him that he will always refuse to cut his hair when he is in between work....will only do so just before filming starts....Really letting his hair down!

And he was decked in his "official wedding attendance" suit....heheee

Byunghun is just so dashing.. i am amazed coz he never ceases to attend the important events of the people close to him.

I agree, mailene.. it's almost always a well-deserved wait when it comes to Byunghun-ssi.. even though we weren't sure he would attend (not knowing if he's around, etc).. but it's usually never a disappointment to see him attending weddings and awards. For most of the time.

As kimchibabe-ssi mentioned.. BH never ceases to please his fans.. despite our anxiety.. he knows how to ease the stressful hearts.

So gracious of him to be at wedding and left early so as not to make her feel so awkward........in true Hunnie spirit!

Was also wondering about the overcoat....??? He came out also holding the overcoat, Rubie....too much Hunnie sighting that you missed it!! Haha......

I personally don't quite like the hair though....Knowing him that he will always refuse to cut his hair when he is in between work....will only do so just before filming starts....Really letting his hair down!

And he was decked in his "official wedding attendance" suit....heheee

Frankly.. I don't quite like the hair either.. preferred it a bit shorter/trimmer because when he keeps his hair longer than usual.. it goes all wavy. But yupyup.. just let Hunnie let his hair down for the time being. :P When he's starting work soon.. we know he'll cut it.

Oops.. he was also carrying the overcoat out, too? *blinkblink and miss* Aish.. then.. he shouldn't have brought it in.. could just leave it in the celebrity van. Or .. maybe.. he's leaving in a different vehicle? Nah.. it's the same white one.. :lol: I think..

Don't mind rubie.. her storm-y mind is still working overtime. :blush:

Lee Byung Hun - Song Hye Kyo, same wedding different space

옛연인 이병헌-송혜교 따로따로 윤석호PD 결혼식 찾아 눈길

뉴스엔 기사전송 2009-01-12 08:25

200901120759301010_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 글 김형우 기자/사진 정유진 기자]

옛 연인인 한류스타 이병헌과 송혜교가 윤석호PD 결혼식에 참석했다.

두 사람은 11일 오후 3시 서울 강남구 논현2동 천주교 성당에서 열린 윤석호PD-한혜수씨 결혼식을 하객으로 찾았다. 한때 연인사이로 연예계를 뜨겁게 달궜던 이병헌과 송혜교인만큼 이들을 바라보는 언론과 하객들의 눈빛도 남달랐다.

특히 송혜교와 이병헌은 예식 시작 15분전 정도에 도착했으며 약 2~3분 간격으로 따로 입장해 관심을 모았다. 송혜교와 이병헌은 윤석호PD와 뜨겁게 포옹하며 윤석호PD의 결혼을 축하했다.

한편 이날 결혼식엔 윤석호PD의 연출작에 출연했던 한류스타와 연예인들이 대거 참석해 성황을 이뤘다. ''가을동화''의 송승헌 송혜교, ''겨울연가''의 최지우를 비롯해 이병헌 손예진 한효주 서도영 이소연 등 스타들과 권혜효 정동환 김해숙 등 중견 배우들도 대거 참석했다. ''가을동화''의 원빈은 영화 촬영으로 인해 자리하지 못했지만 문자와 전화로 윤석호PD에게 결혼을 축하했다.

또 표민수PD를 포함한 동료 드라마 연출자들, 방송 관계자들도 다수 식장을 찾았다. 하지만 관심을 모았던 배용준은 모습을 드러내지 않았다.

윤석호PD와 한혜수씨는 2007년 말 지인의 소개로 만난 뒤 교제를 이어왔다. 결혼은 천주교식으로 치뤘으며 신접살림은 서울 강남구 청담동에 꾸민다.

윤석호PD는 ''느낌'' ''칼라'' 등을 연출하며 아름다운 영상과 세련된 연출 기법으로 주목을 바았다. 2000년 ''가을동화''를 시작으로 ''겨울연가'' ''여름향기'' ''봄의 왈츠'' 등 계절드라마를 연달아 선보이며 국내 대표적인 드라마 연출가로 이름을 날렸다. 특히 계절드라마는 일본에서 대히트하며 한류열풍을 일으키는데 제일 큰 역할을 했다.

김형우 cox109@newsen.com/정유진 noir1979@newsen.com via news.empas.com

“Season” drama stars attend director Yoon Seok-ho’s wedding

January 11th, 2009 // by javabeans

y45.jpg

Drama PD Yoon Seok-ho was married on Sunday, and wishing him well were, among others, the stars of his famed quartet of “season” dramas: Autumn Fairy Tale, Winter Sonata, Summer Scent, and Spring Waltz. (Although, really, only the Autumn and Winter dramas could be called successes.)

That includes Winter Sonata stars Choi Ji-woo and Park Yong-ha; Autumn Fairy Tale leads Song Seung-heon and Song Hye-gyo; Summer Scent actress Sohn Ye-jin; and Spring Waltz leads Han Hyo-joo and Daniel Henney.

The ceremony for the television-drama director and his hanbok-designer bride, Han Hye-soo, was held in Seoul on the 11th.

A notable absence was Winter Sonata star Bae Yong-joon, although a couple of his co-stars did attend. Some celebrities did the expected press pose-and-greet session outside, but a few like Song Hye-gyo kept themselves removed from the cameras as they made their way to the ceremony.

Song Seung-heon (East of Eden) wasn’t one of the shy stars; the vast majority of the photos are of him, Sohn Ye-jin, and Lee Byung-heon. Choi Ji-woo (A Star’s Lover), like Song Hye-gyo (The World They Live In) on the right, also kept at a distance and was only seen from the back.

Via Hankyung via dramabeans.com

Please let me know any other important dates to remember / edit

- we'll start our own BH journal for us to refer

EverythingLBH January 2009 schedule

January (dates unknown)

Discovery Channel's SEOUL SAVVY airs in Australia & New Zealand -- KIV / any updates??

January 11

Byunghun-ssi at the wedding of PD Yoon Seok Ho -- he came! :w00t:

January 14

LBH in Tokyo Dome 2006 DVD & LBH Arena Tour 2007 DVD release

January 25

Byunghun in Park Joong Hoon's Talk Show on KBS2 -- cannot wait!

Guest Janie Simply

... The actor/celebrity looks quite familiar but his name escapes me. It's something about his friendship with BH.. and then .. their collaboration(?) again in the 'To Heaven' MV. I looked up both projects but still blurr & clueless. :sweatingbullets:

http://nimg.empas.com/orgImg/ae/2009/01/10...91046497A_1.jpg

Huh to the above :blink:

~~

Rubie, don't blame you as you only have eyes for your hunnie :wacko:

Anyway that familiar face is Jeong Woong-in.

http://asianmediawiki.com/Woong-in_Jeong

Rough translation (any mistake or make-up story is at my expense :ph34r: )

According to the article, he acted in The Last Scandal of my Life as the brother of someone (didn't watch the drama so not sure who). It also mentioned sth about Jan 12. Anyway, in this interview, JWI shared openly about his friendship with LBH. He said their long time friendship dated way back during 'White Night'. At around that time the drama finished filming, LBH's dad passed away and Jeong went to attend the wake. Since then their friendship blossoms. Later, when Jeong's dad passed away, LBH came to pay respect.

Jeong said that he really appreciates LBH's friendship and support. It is through BH's encouragement and highly recommendation that Jeong was cast in this comedy movie 'Yoo-gam-do'. The movie features comedian Kim Dae-hee and the 3 Jeongs- Jeong Joon-ho, Jeong Woong-in, and Jeong Woon-taek.

Found this clip... on 'Yoo-gam-do' -- Pitiable City -- I think they have a press conference today :sweatingbullets:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=267129

Guest Janie Simply

edit: rubie, I was a bit surprise seeing them both attending the event, however, I thought it was a good sign. I think they both now could already move on and I think they should. HK looks a bit nervous which is understandable. It was well done by LBH though, thoughtful to his ex and still was be able to be there for PD Yoon. Good to see them both and good to see LBH was there for PD Yoon.

Thank you utkim, you are so sweet :) They already move on way ahead of us and here we were being oblivious of everything going on around them. Cheers to their professionalism and friendship, "J" Soju anyone :P l

Lee Byung Hun - Song Hye Kyo, same wedding different space

http://nimg.empas.com/orgImg/nn/2009/01/12...759301010_1.jpg

김형우 cox109@newsen.com/정유진 noir1979@newsen.com via news.empas.com

Here's the roughy on the first paragraph of the article.

It says, ex-couple Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo attended PD Yoon Seok Ho's wedding which was held at 3 p.m. on Jan 11 at Nonhyun Dong Cathedral in Kangnam.

Once an ex-couple, Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo's appearance caught many guests and newsmen's attention especially when they arrived 15 min prior to the ceremony and entered separately 2-3min interval to the hall. Song and Lee hugged Yoon and congratulated the groom.

credit: chingu GK

edit: that famous household name has been edited <_<

^ That is great sharing! It's really cool to be able to read something from the Korean articles posted, rather than wondering high & low what it's all about. Merci!

Much ado have been said about BH's brief appearance at the wedding. The fact that he and his ex arrived quite similar in time with each other (plus certain pics) certainly do not escape the fans.. be them in a nutshell or high

on a tree.

Being imaginative fans that we are & elsewhere, too.. it could be speculated a lot from just one photo but (maybe) BH just has another commitment to attend at the same time, who knows he just got home from the US or somewhere. The fact that he came by to personally congratulate & hug PD Yoon already showed the huge gratitude and respect he has for the famous drama producer, whose earlier guidance/chance created a way for BH to prosper in the acting scene, to be who he is today.

If anyone is still wondering why the ex-lovers arrived almost "together".. maybe he's making it possible for her to sneak into the premise without being spotted/harrassed by the media. Well.. read this at your own risk. [blurr assumption only!]

Btw.. Janie-hunnie.. you got BH's name wrong leh.. he's known as Lee Byung Hun/Byung Heon/Byeong Hun/Byeng Hun or even Byeong Heon. But not Byung Hoon (that's the name of PD LBH who directed Dae Jang Geum) and certainly not Lee Byung Hyun. :wacko: That's Hyun Bin's name. :P

edit: thanks Jan for editing the famous household name .. BH / HB ..

Anyway that familiar face is Jeong Woong-in.

http://asianmediawiki.com/Woong-in_Jeong

Rough translation (any mistake or make-up story is at my expense :ph34r: )

According to the article, he acted in The Last Scandal of my Life as the brother of someone (didn't watch the drama so not sure who). It also mentioned sth about Jan 12. Anyway, in this interview, JWI shared openly about his friendship with LBH. He said their long time friendship dated way back during 'White Night'. At around that time the drama finished filming, LBH's dad passed away and Jeong went to attend the wake. Since then their friendship blossoms. Later, when Jeong's dad passed away, LBH came to pay respect.

Jeong said that he really appreciates LBH's friendship and support. It is through BH's encouragement and highly recommendation that Jeong was cast in this comedy movie 'Yoo-gam-do'. The movie features comedian Kim Dae-hee and the 3 Jeongs- Jeong Joon-ho, Jeong Woong-in, and Jeong Woon-taek.

This is awesome, Jan! hug.gif Thanks so much for the gist. It's indeed a treat reading about this, really appreciate all the readable paragraphs of a worthy article.

Even though it's probably well known that rubie only sees and breathes her Hunnie licklips.gif.. I do have a big soft spot for others who are nice & supportive of him. I may not go ga-ga for some of them (not a fan in anyway) but anyone who treats my Hunnie right.. he or she will be in my book, too. And I do have a few faves that I occasionally keep a tab on. :blush:

Guest Janie Simply

If anyone is still wondering why the ex-lovers arrived almost "together".. maybe he's making it possible for her to sneak into the premise without being spotted/harrassed by the media. Well.. read this at your own risk. [blurr assumption only!]

Aww..., how sweet of hunnie :rolleyes::sweatingbullets: & by far... the BEST speculation by fan <_<

Guest kimchibabe

Here's the roughy on the first paragraph of the article.

It says, ex-couple Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo attended PD Yoon Seok Ho's wedding which was held at 3 p.m. on Jan 11 at Nonhyun Dong Cathedral in Kangnam.

Once an ex-couple, Lee Byung Hun and Song Hye Kyo's appearance caught many guests and newsmen's attention especially when they arrived 15 min prior to the ceremony and entered separately 2-3min interval to the hall. Song and Lee hugged Yoon and congratulated the groom.

So this means that LBH & SHK were together when they congratulated the groom? It looks like BH brought her over to the wedding... :unsure:

Sorry, can't get over it yet.. :blush:

December 21, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Weird

Posted by luna6 rbhcool.gif

gbw_inter1.jpg

Source

Movie: The Good, The Bad, and the Weird

Release Date: July 17, 2008

Director: Ji-woon Kim

Starring: Byung-hun Lee, Kang-ho Song, Woo-sung Jung

Runtime: 137 min.

Editor Rating: 9.0

Users Rating: 8.44 / 9.5 stars out of 10 (27 votes)

“The Good, The Bad, The Weird” is easily the most anticipated Korean movie of the year and, for once, the movie lives up to all the hype. The film has had some rough spots in its early production stages, losing investor/distributor Showbox during mid-production and encountering numerous delays after that. Even with these problems, the film features director Ji-woon Kim (The Quiet Family/The Foul King/A Tale of Two Sisters/A Bittersweet Life) and three of Korea's most recognized acting names (Byung-hun Lee, Kang-ho Song, Woo-sung Jung) in the lead roles. It’s also an unique Asian Western film. Now that’s a lot to get excited about.

Set in Manchuria, China, during the 1930’s, a legendary map leading to priceless buried treasures is sold to the Japanese Army by an unscrupulous Korean criminal organization. The Korean crime gang then hires notorious killer Chang-yi Park (Byung-hun Lee) to steal back the map, so they can retrieve the buried treasures for themselves. Meanwhile, the Korean Independence Movement hires bounty hunter extraordinaire Do-won Park (Woo-sung Jung) to steal the map from the Japanese Army before killer Chang-yi Park is able to do so. Both of these men then descend upon a train traveling through the Manchurian desert to retake the legendary map.

A hitch is thrown in both of these men’s plan when train bandit Tae-gu Yun (Kang-ho Song) descends upon the train and takes the map while these two rivals fight among themselves. Now a race is on between killer Chang-yi Park and bounty hunter Do-won Park to find Tae-gu Yun, before he takes the buried treasures and disappears into the Manchurian dessert.

Holy Kimchi Western! “The Good, The Bad, The Weird” is the action picture of the year and provides the kind of popcorn entertainment not seen since Joon-ho Bong’s “The Host”. The film takes inspiration from the Spaghetti Westerns of yesteryears and incorporates that style into the backdrop of Manchuria, China circa 1930’s, a chaotic time not so dissimilar to the days of the wild west in America. The visuals are stunning, with colors as bright as a comic book and action sequences that are exhilarating. Some of the reasons for the action scenes having such a unique look lies with director Ji-woon Kim’s unique technique of incorporating wired cameramen following the actors as they ride & fly through the dessert.

The actors, especially Byung-hun Lee and Kang-ho Song, give the type of performances that stays in your head long after the end credits roll around. Although Woo-sung Jung’s ultra-cool persona may have been just too precise, Byung-hun Lee simply gives the most charismatic performance of his career rbhcool.gif & Kang-ho Song gives a performance that will make non-Koreans understand why he is so revered by Koreans.

Make note that Kim doesn’t hold back on the violence and the movie sheds enough blood to fill up two Asian horror films. I found the level perfectly acceptable and needed to keep the movie from straying too much into comic book land. While the script isn’t very deep, there’s enough depth to make the film work.

“The Good, The Bad, The Weird” offers fun & excitement on a level not found in many recent Korean films. Action fans will simply love the film, while most others will find there own different reasons to love the movie. For myself, what I gleamed from “The Good, The Bad, The Weird” is: 1.) director Ji-woon Kim is on par with Chan-wook Park & Joon-ho Bong 2.) Byung-hun Lee is way better than originally thought 3.) Kang-ho Song is the man! - can’t think of another Korean actor on his level right now.

Check out “The Good, The Bad, The Weird,” for pure popcorn fun you’re going to be hard pressed to find a better movie. thumbup.gif

Credits: lunapark6

Guest huangsy

Hi,

For LBH's appearance on 25 Jan on Park Jung Hoon's show, I think it would be broadcast on KBS World on Asia

Tue 11:25am / Europe Tue 04:25 (check KBS World schedule by your time zone), provided no changes bec of lunar new year.

I dont have KBS World but usually its programs have Eng subs.