Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest Janie Simply

I totally didn't realize we're already getting to page 888, there's just so much great updates & sharing on BH lately. :blush:

rubie panda, thanks for the welcoming; feel like a newbie again :sweatingbullets: Definitely looking forward to read all the cool gists & updates!

As for the ID, aish, still no news from the moderator after a month, will check with them again or maybe just Que sera sera!On second thought... just you wait... for my cool ID

Guest kimchibabe

many thanks to the wonderful sharing elaine 0712!! page 887 ... such a precious page!

SPOTLIGHT is an interview 5 times over...it is LBH history...a revelation...a giving of what was in his heart and soul.

it was like swimming in the depths of his mind and you had to cling to each and every word he uttered!

(but i must agree to his answer to the question "NOW: AN INVESTIGATION." it did seem like a third degree interrogation much like undergoing a lie detector test.)

^ I so totally agree, SweetSis.. without such awesome sharing like this.. we wouldn't know anything about the questions at all.. and most importantly, most definitely.. missed out A LOT about BH. :sweatingbullets: The answers he gave.. is simply what in his heart and to read such a revelation.. is indeed a TREAT we can't describe.

Thanks Elaine-hunnie for sharing it with us! :wub:

SPOTLIGHT is an interview 5 times over...it is LBH history...a revelation...a giving of what was in his heart and soul.

it was like swimming in the depths of his mind and you had to cling to each and every word he uttered!

(but i must agree to his answer to the question "NOW: AN INVESTIGATION." it did seem like a third degree interrogation much like undergoing a lie detector test.)

It's truly a session in which questions he hadn't known at all were being asked.. minute by minute, like literally. And knowing the way he works, how his management have been keeping a strict tab on media questions especially yet for the Spotlight interview.. they let things passed.. I mean BH just took everything in his stride, answering everything straight-on although.. nothing too "personal" were being asked directly. Whatever being asked.. Byunghun would answer as what his heart and mind would convey.. it's all about him, for the fans to cherish.

I love his answers.. simple but saying a lot.. especially..

A Fan: A Friend

Rival: Himself

Guest ellabel

Thanks Elaine and to your Japanese friend for sharing the trnaslated Q&A.

Hahaha.... now, BH fave car is a Rav4 :rolleyes:

Love that he considers his fans as friends and that his main rival is himself.

While BD to him is trial and happiness, All-in is but a beautiful memory.

It's ironic that he considers an interview as his weak point when he has always been a good and interesting interviewee. ;)

thanks gals for the long but good read above.. so, his sched is so hectic.. cant wait for the two movies as it will have a different outcome on his acting..

i couldnt believe that hes been declined a driving test nine times... :D

Same here..... he'd shown excellence in driving from his dramas and movies.

i don't want him to be called as James Dean he die young hahahaha,,

there are another Hot, and great in acting too in hollywood

Agree........ how about Robert De Niro or Al Pacino?

Thanks Elaine and to your Japanese friend for sharing the trnaslated Q&A.

Hahaha.... now, BH fave car is a Rav4 :rolleyes:

Love that he considers his fans as friends and that his main rival is himself.

While BD to him is trial and happiness, All-in is but a beautiful memory.

It's ironic that he considers an interview as his weak point when he has always been a good and interesting interviewee. ;)

Ella.. wonder what's the colour of his RAV4? :rolleyes: Would love to see him driving around in Seoul.. Tokyo.. going to work. *wishful thinking* :blush:

I agree that BH might feel a bit pressured in any interview but he's actually such a sporting guy, cool thinker and an incredible person to share thoughts, opinions with.. which he would convey so effortlessly convincing & confidently. Any professional interviewer would love to sit down and have a talk with BH, right?

It's probably the closest Spotlight would get to asking BH about his past relationship by inquiring his thoughts about All In. I think it's great that BH finally said that the series brings him beautiful memory.. for as far as we can recall, he had never said anything about the drama straight up since.. although it is one project that propelled his name to be known worldwide, not counting his popularity in Asia and Japan especially. There's actually a lot of BH fans in the African, Russia and European countries thanks to All In.

By answering that All In is a beautiful memory, it puts to rest the notion that he's not in good/amicable relationship with his former co-star especially. It's definitely something we don't understand fully (thinking how he was hurt by a lot of speculation before - which incidently the CNN interview revealed that he paid no attention to online rumors). It's 5 years on.. down the road, feelings on both sides have matured and most significantly, BH and SHK had actually chose to be under the same agent despite their differences before. If they were not "on good terms" as assumed.. they wouldn't be in Artist View together, even though not directly dealing with each other. obviously. Come to think of it, no wonder we saw that photo of CJW, JWS and SHK together at that mystery wedding, they're all under the same roof so to speak.. the only missing was BH as he was abroad still filming.. well, just a blurr guess. But it's good to note that both (who have been hurt greatly by the media before) are truly professional and took the chance to be better career-wise.. leaving all in the past behind.

i don't want him to be called as James Dean he die young hahahaha,,

there are another Hot, and great in acting too in hollywood

While it's flattering to be compared/recognized as 'Asia's James Dean'.. I'm sure BH would prefer otherwise, to prove himself as the actor he truly is. Having that "tag" may help create an expectation to the curious audience.. as to why he is called as such.. hopefully sparking positive interest to find out that the actor has more to offer. On the other hand, the comparison might not find a fullstop and that would certainly frustrate any actor, especially BH. The CNN interview article seem to relate the James Dean tag based on the appearance of boyish badboy Byunghun (in GBW) despite his 38 years old self. And I think Jenny Rawling's view meant that BH has similar James Dean charisma/presence shown in BSL.. no?

Probably.. if this question was asked in the Spotlight segment.. maybe.. BH's answer would be..

James Dean: Not me. :sweatingbullets:

-----

November 27, 2008

[ChanMi's star news] CNN, "Lee Byeong-heon = Asian James Dean"

World known newsdesk CNN has interviewed our Korean Actor Lee Byeong-Heon!

CNN has been to the recent London Korean Film Festival which also showed "The Good, the Bad, the Weird" and met Lee there.

They said that he is only 38 and has a face with no wrinkles with a perfect eye, nose, and mouth. CNN introduces Lee as the Asian James Dean! CNN also said that Lee has been in many romantic and sentimental films where he perfected his emotional acting scenes. (aish! he's just 38.. some men, even in their 50s had very few lines or wrinkles!)

Lee will be in the new Hollywood film "GI Joe" starring with Josh Hartnett. :huh: Double wrong info, ChanMi.. GI Joe with Dennis Quaid, etc.. and 'I Come With The Rain' with Josh Hartnett.

Source: hancinema.net

November 21, 2008

[ChanMi's take] Male stars red carpet code: black suit and bow tie

200811211042211003_1.jpg

At the 29th Chungryeong Film Festival, these male stars have shown up to the red carpet as if they planned to wear the similar outfit on purpose! (duhh.. seriously, how different can a tuxedo be from one another?!)

Who do you think looks best in their black suit and black bow ties?

Lee Byeong-Heon came with a natural hair style and a clean black suit.

So Ji-sub also looks handsome in it. Lee Jeong-jae, and Shin Hyeong-joon attended the ceremony to support their friends at this event.

Source: hancinema.net news.empas.com

rubie panda, thanks for the welcoming; feel like a newbie again :sweatingbullets: Definitely looking forward to read all the cool gists & updates!

As for the ID, aish, still no news from the moderator after a month, will check with them again or maybe just Que sera sera!On second thought... just you wait... for my cool ID

Hahaa.. looks like you spoke too soon, huh.. janie-hunnie! :lol:

Very cool ID indeed. rbhcool.gif You finally got your wish granted, Congrats!

Whoops.. the quote seems to refer to the old ID still. :P

Guest valley girl

rubie : james dean is called of a handsome, charismatic actor and has a great ability in acting maybe. hahhahah.. i just joking by saying he died Young

GI Joe with Dennis Quaid,

'I Come With The Rain' with Josh Hartnett.~ when this Will be released ??

rubie : james dean is called of a handsome, charismatic actor and has a great ability in acting maybe. hahhahah.. i just joking by saying he died Young

I get what you mean, it's the appearance of both actors.. with similar "quiet but lethal" presence, right? :blush: It's unfortunate that James Dean didn't live longer but in those short span of time acting out his talent.. he had some great achievement to be called a Legend till today.

Whether it's James Dean or Tom Hanks, etc .. it is an honour to be recognized as someone with similar potential.. but it's just my thoughts aloud..wouldn't it better to be known for who he is although that is easier said than done (at first). Still, on a positive outlook.. it is a significant name to be associated with.. called by CNN, no less.. and it's not the first time. Hopefully.. it'll spur Byunghun-ssi to be much better than to (unintentionally) have to live up to someone he's being touted to be (e.g. Asia's JD, etc), but of course it won't happen knowing the actor he really is..

Hope no one gets confused reading this :sweatingbullets: .. lately.. all my thoughts got tangled all over.. :wacko:

Just ignore rubes.. huh.. huh..

GI Joe with Dennis Quaid,

'I Come With The Rain' with Josh Hartnett.~ when this Will be released ??

'GI Joe: Rise of Cobra' will be released in US and elsewhere starting August 7th, 2009.

As for 'I Come With The Rain".. BH co-starring with Josh Hartnett, Shawn Yue, Takuya Kimura, etc.. we have not heard anything about anything at all. The movie was filmed the same time as GBW and finished shooting earlier but till now.. it is still missing in action.

Latest info: from some news by Chinese media (HK?).. it seems that ICWTR will be going through its dubbing process in France sometime soon and would be released in 2009 as well. Not sure when or if this is confirmed. Hope someone can clarify this. Thanks!

Copied this from the GBW thread, thanks to frequentflyer120 in case anyone interested :rolleyes: :blush:

well i saw that someone has uploaded the raw files (in two parts) onto crunchyroll... not sure if it's gonna last... and lots of people are begging for subs... i doubt the dvd is out, right?? too soon?? i dont' know how they got it... but hey... at least it's the raws!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-475388/Mo...ird-Part-1.html

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-475750/Mo...2.html?src=next

i'm still gonna keep checking in for updates on an official subbing team picking this movie up... so let's keep the informatin flowing people! :) thanks!

EDIT: oops it's three parts! http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-475824/Mo...l.html?src=next

KOREAN IDOL LEE BYUNG HUN MAKES WAVES OVERSEAS

Lee Byung-hun's arrival in the packed auditorium at a London screening of his latest film, "The Good, The Bad, The Weird," causes a well-behaved sizzle of excitement to run through the largely female and Asian audience.

His name is whispered breathlessly between friends, but in a classic display of Asian politeness, the only indication there is a genuine heartthrob in the room are a couple of poorly contained shrieks.

Tall, exquisitely chiseled and with the kind of smooth line-free skin that belies his 38 years, it's not hard to see why Lee is also known as the "James Dean of Asia."

In his native South Korea he is best known for brooding, soulful performances in romantic films and TV dramas.

He's a hot star now, especially after his eye-catching performance in "The Good, The Bad, The Weird," says Jean Noh, deputy Asia editor based in Korea for global film trade magazine Screen International.

"He has huge popularity, it seems, in Japan and amongst their diaspora as well, thanks to his TV and film roles," she says.

And, now, he is starting to make a name for himself outside Asia.

Lee is set to grace UK screens in January when Kim Jee-woon's so-called Kimchi western, "The Good, the Bad, the Weird," is released.

Next year will see him co-star with Josh Hartnett in the crime thriller "I Come with the Rain," directed by Vietnamese Tran Anh Hung who made his name on the global movie scene in 1993 with "The Scent of Green Papaya." Lee has also wrapped up filming on the highly anticipated Hollywood action flick, "G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra."

Lee is in London to promote "The Good, the Bad, the Weird," and is polite and unassuming in person, taking time to reflect as he delivers his responses in English.

"People told me, 'Your eyes changed. You look so bad,'" Lee says of playing the film's titular "Bad," a sadistic killer who heads up a gang of bandits. "I was so happy about that."

From his black leather-clad hands to his wild, psychotic eyes, an air of cool, remorseless detachment envelops him. In a review, Variety described Lee's eyes as "commanding" and having a "Korean psycho-gangster mentality."

It is an unsettling performance, and one of the film's many highlights.

After playing primarily romantic leads, Lee says playing a villain was a refreshing experience for him and something he'd been thinking about for his entire acting career.

"Actors always want to play the villain role at least once in their life. I had a good time because I could finally realize a full range of expressions and emotions," he told CNN.

Set in the 1930s, the film follows three Korean outlaws on a chase across the desert plains of Japan-occupied Manchuria on a hunt for a legendary treasure map.

The movie hits on a trifecta: It stars three of South Korea's leading actors (Lee is joined on screen by Song Kang-ho and Jung Woo-sung), has a massive $17 million budget and is helmed by the award-winning Kim.

With stunning wide shots of endless horizons filmed in China's Gobi Desert and edge-of-your-seat action from start to finish, Kim's homage to Sergio Leone's 1966 classic "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly," with more than a hint of "Indiana Jones" delivers a steady stream of adrenaline.

Lee says his character was perfected through several conversations, discussions and arguments with Kim, a close friend who also directed him in 2005's "A Bittersweet Life."

Everybody has bad characters in their mind, even if it may be small or in their subconscious, Lee explains, referring to his preparation for the role.

"Of course, I have that kind of character inside of me, I think. So, I amplified my bad side. But the main thing is the mind, I think, which comes from the inside," he told CNN.

Lee has always had star power, says Noh from Screen International. "But he had to grow into his acting chops. He worked prolifically in TV and film, and seems serious about his career choices," she says.

This role is the screen idol's latest step in a slow break out from "type," since his turn as an enforcer for an underworld boss in the film noir "A Bittersweet Life."

In South Korea, where celebrities are closely scrutinized by the public and Internet gossip is rampant, Lee, who is a target because of his film star status, says he tries his best to steer clear of online chatter.

The spread of rumors over the Web is one of the biggest problems that exists in South Korea. The recent suicide of one of the nation's leading actresses was blamed on online gossip.

"There has to be change," Lee said. "I try not to read those kinds of things. I think it's better to do that."

This may have been easier for him recently, as he has been busy working on projects outside of South Korea, although, he says these too hold their challenges.

Working in Hollywood was difficult, especially acting in English which, says Lee, made it harder for him to focus on his emotions and expressions.

Lee plays Storm Shadow in the action movie "G.I. Joe," which is due for release next summer. The movie, based on the popular comic and cartoon series, boasts a star-studded cast, including Sienna Miller and Dennis Quaid.

"Everything was so different. It was really hard," he said about filming "G.I. Joe." "But it was a very good experience for me."

He's now back in Korea working but isn't ruling out the possibility of returning to Hollywood. He says he could envision going back and forth between South Korea and the U.S.

"Of course, if they have good projects for me, then I would participate."

source: asianbite

credit: Edition

I don't know.. maybe.. the clueless rubie.. maybe IRIS will only start filming March next year. :huh:

I'm not good in gisting and guessing, could not understand Korean/Chinese sources and so far.. no one is interested in gisting anything so.. please excuse this fool's try to share something to read.. :sweatingbullets:

My apology if it's all misleading.. yet again and again.. :sweatingbullets:

Lee Byung-Hun, "Again 'All In.'"

이병헌 “춘삼월에 어게인 ‘올인’”

동아일보 기사전송 2008-11-28 08:00 | 최종수정 2008-11-28 10:02

200811280260.jpg

Again, 올인!’

배우 이병헌(사진)이 내년 3월 국내 활동을 본격적으로 재개한다. 이는 150억원 규모의 대작 드라마로 화제를 모으는 ‘아이리스’의 첫 촬영 시점이기도 하다.

이병헌의 한 측근은 27일 “‘아이리스’가 내년 8월로 국내 방영이 가시화됨에 따라 3월 늦어도 내년 4월에는 촬영이 시작될 것”이라고 밝혔다. 이 측근에 따르면 이병헌은 내년 드라마 출연과 할리우드 영화 개봉을 앞두고 현재 몸 만들기 등 체력 쌓기에 한창이다.

이병헌의 안방극장 복귀는 2003년 4월 종영된 SBS 드라마 ‘올인’ 이후 6년만이다.

이 측근은 “오랜 공백 끝에 TV 드라마에 출연하기 때문에 ‘아이리스’에 임하는 마음가짐은 어느 때보다 남다르다”며 “극중 첩보원으로서 기존 작품에 볼 수 없던 색다른 남성미를 선보이겠단 각오”라고 귀띔했다.

본격 첩보 드라마를 표방하는 ‘아이리스’는 이병헌 외에 김태희, 김승우 등 톱스타 진용을 갖춰 내년도 기대작 중 하나로 꼽히고 있다.

영화 ‘쉬리’ ‘태극기 휘날리며’의 강제규 감독이 제작자로 나섰다는 점도 시청자의 눈길을 끄는 요인으로 크게 작용하고 있다.

Credits: 허민녕 기자 justin@donga.com

http://news.empas.com/show.tsp/cp_do/20081...%BB%E7%B8%B6%0B

Online translation

Again, I'm all in. '

Actor Lee Byung-hun (photo) in March next year and will resume in earnest. A masterpiece of 15,000,000,000 won the drama raise the topic as 'IRIS' was the first shooting at the time.

A source close to Lee Byung-hun on Nov 27 " 'IRIS' on air visibility in the next 8 as scheduled in March at the latest to begin shooting next year, 4 months," he said. According to those close to the show next year on Lee Byung Hun and a Hollywood movie, and create the body to build strength is in full swing.

Lee Byung-hun returns to after last series after 6 years in April 2003 SBS TV Series 'ALL IN'.

The source of the "long on space, because at the end of the TV drama 'IRIS' attitude to imhaneun than ever, stronger than ever" and "you can not see the character agent as an alternative to the existing work to seonboyigetdan namseongmi prepared," he said office.

Drama, representing a full-scale intelligence 'Iris' in addition to the Lee Byung-Hun Kim Tae-hee, Kim Seung-woo and form the jinyong topseuta is regarded as one of the gidaejak next year.

The movie 'Shiri' 'Taegukgi' director of the Kang Jae Gyu also the author took to the attention of the audience is to increase the economy.

hi hunnies!!! thanks so much for the updates & articles.. :)

willenette dear, so ur here also?!? :D loves yah sis!! :lol::D

happy thanksgiving!!

Hi mailene - I know you like this man - always see you here. :lol::)

TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN FILMS

miniphoto1130.jpg

Ewha Womans University: "S Diary" - A story about a woman who struggles to find her sense of self. Subway line 2, Ewha Womans University Station, Exits 2 and 3

Changdeokgung: "Strokes of fire" - A film about the life of the 19th-century painter Jang Seung-eup (winner of Cannes Film Festival Award for directing in 2002). Subway line 3, Anguk Station, Exit 3

Seonyudo Park: "Samaria" - Kim Ki-duk won best director award at the 2004 Berlin Film Festival with this film. Subway Line 2, Hapjeong Station Exit 9, bus No. 5714

63 Building: "Who Are You - Movie" - A story about a couple who fall in love with each other through online chatting. Subway Line 1, Daebang Station, 400 meters from Exit 6

Insa-dong: "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing" - a story about the fantasy and reality of marriage. Subway Line 1, Jonggak Station, Exit 3

Wumyeon-dong Cathedral: "Everybody has Secrets" - a love story between three sisters and a man. Subway line 4, Seonbawi Station, Exit 3, bus No. 4424, Gyeongma Park next to the cathedral is a recommended tourist spot as well.

Source : www.koreaherald.co.kr... ( English Korean )

Credit : Hancinema

As IRIS will only start filming in April next year, I've requested that the (drama) thread be closed till then. Just my own observation, not that anyone would care.

Sigh. Still 4 months to wait.. :tears: no.. not 4 but 8 months. 4 till filming starts and another 4 for IRIS to be aired.

------

Thanks to Huang for the gist, appreciate it very much!

Lee Byung-Hun, "Again 'All In.'"

이병헌 “춘삼월에 어게인 ‘올인’”

동아일보 기사전송 2008-11-28 08:00 | 최종수정 2008-11-28 10:02

Again, 올인!’

배우 이병헌(사진)이 내년 3월 국내 활동을 본격적으로 재개한다. 이는 150억원 규모의 대작 드라마로 화제를 모으는 ‘아이리스’의 첫 촬영 시점이기도 하다.

Actor Lee Byung Hun next year March starts activity again in domestic Korea. 15billion won large-scale & much talked about drama, IRIS, 1st filiming ...

이병헌의 한 측근은 27일 “‘아이리스’가 내년 8월로 국내 방영이 가시화됨에 따라 3월 늦어도 내년 4월에는 촬영이 시작될 것”이라고 밝혔다. 이 측근에 따르면 이병헌은 내년 드라마 출연과 할리우드 영화 개봉을 앞두고 현재 몸 만들기 등 체력 쌓기에 한창이다.

LBH said ... on 27th Nov "IRIS' next year August airing ...accordingly ...March or latest April start filming. ....

이병헌의 안방극장 복귀는 2003년 4월 종영된 SBS 드라마 ‘올인’ 이후 6년만이다.

This is LBH return to the small screen in 6 years since SBS' All In drama in April 2003.

^ Welcome back Ching! :blush: So good to see you posting again. :D

Thanks very much for the gifs, Tammy and Roger.. been hoping for some, especially the one with the V-sign. :lol:

Is there any downloadable clips of BH at the red carpet, presenting the award among others.. if any?

^ Welcome back Ching! :blush: So good to see you posting again. :D

Thanks very much for the gifs, Tammy and Roger.. been hoping for some, especially the one with the V-sign. :lol:

Is there any downloadable clips of BH at the red carpet, presenting the award among others.. if any?

Presenting awards

http://lovedb.colota.com/beautibh/bh-bluedragon08.wmv

bh08bd10.jpg

bh08bd11.jpg

bh08bd12.jpg

bh08bd13.jpg

bh08bd14.jpg

bh08bd2.jpg

bh08bd4.jpg

bh08bd5.jpg

bh08bd6.jpg

bh08bd7.jpg

bh08bd8.jpg

bh08bd9.jpg

bh08bd1.jpg

bh08bd3.jpg

Thanks to Ping@bhjwlove.com

Guest mailene28

Some gifs from the Blue Dragon Awards

Thanks to Tammy and roger at bhjwlove.com

] img_231_6155_3.gif

oh i love this gif specially that u made it slow mo. :blush: :sweatingbullets: thanks! :)

HYC, thanks for the clip & photos above ^^. ;)