Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

LOL great observation Rubie :lol: Lucky women! :w00t:

I definately think BH looks more fit and healthy than before... My favourite was the part where he was dressed like a dark angel with wings, his body language and facial expressions are simply amazing :blush:

Oh and I also the short end part... his body OMG :w00t: :w00t: *drools*

Hahaa.. BH may be a bit thinner (happens all the time he's filming) but yeah.. he is looking fit and healthy, just as always. That's more important, huh.

The cool and unique feature of BH is that he's really able to blend into any situation with so much ease. Just being there.. even with the weirdest props/costume, he made it so voguely impressive with an aura so expressive. I just love how the dark eye make-up simply accentuates his sharp gaze. Perfect.

I realize it's quite shocking to see such photoshoot for some but I love that it's not the usual "smile & shine" happy-kinda concept yet something really out of the box.. at least from what I've seen BH done before. For that .. I just love that he really did this even though it's not who he is..

^ aWww.. how fabulous, ylin! :w00t: These VOGUE photoshoot detailed screencaps are awesome!!! :wub:

I love them.. mwahhhh so much for sharing this with us! Although my pc is already acting up a bit.. images doesn't load as normal as before.. most of the time I can see only the top part of the pics or not at all (have to exit the explorer and start a fresh page), I know that these are absolutely great captures! An excellent recap to share. We haven't had this sort of screencaps sharing for so long.. be it for movies/dramas/CF/etc.. fans used to do this before.. then.. everyone got a bit busy and forgets.

Thanks so much! Appreciate all tremendously. ♥

Guest MRS.le

Last time LBH was this thin, gaunt...there was a sadness aura about it...

This time...His lean form is FIERCE :excl: :lol:

I think the Vogue shoot is very artfully done, capturing the spirit of his characters in recent/current movies... definitely not for the faint of heart...

Soon LBH is to be called an ARTIST and not just a mere 'actor'!!! ;)

(by def of ARTIST:

1. a person who produces works in any of the arts that are primarily subject to aesthetic criteria.

4. a person who works in one of the performing arts, as an actor, musician, or singer; a public performer

5. a person whose work exhibits exceptional skill. )

Guest ylin

You are most welcome, rubie

I'm sure everyone would want to share beautiful things on Hunnie but then it's quite difficult to get video clips now...

we all know the reasons ....

also I find those captures from flv files are often not very clear :D

oh .... i got this from the cannes website .....

Actors present in Cannes

Present in Cannes today: Edouard Baer, Saleh Bakri, Emmanuelle Béart, Guy Bedos, Richard Bennett, Ondasyn Besikbasov, Jean-Marie Bigard, Yavuz Bingol, Rachel Blanchard, Anna Bonaiuto, Sandrine Bonnaire, Francis Bosco, Nicolas Bro, Barbara Cabrita, M Campino, Stefano Cassetti, Chen Chang, Daniel De Oliveira, Mélanie Doutey, Faye Dunaway, Leif Edlund, Brigitte Fossey, Louis Garrel, Vahina Giocante, Danny Glover, Stéphane Guillon, Martina Gusman, Jung Woo Ha, Suheir Hammad, Dennis Hopper, Gianfelice Imparato, Michel Jonasz, Milla Jovovich, Woo Sung Jung, Tonya Kinzinger, Askhat Kuchinchirekov, Jude Law, Samuel Le Bihan, Byung-hun Lee, Chui Wai Leung, Fan Liao, Carl Lumbly, Anouck Margueritte, Giovanna Mezzogiorno, Samantha Morton, Ornella Mutti, Maria Nazionale, Maria Onetto, Julia Ormond, Zineb Oukach, Clémentine Poidatz, Robin Renucci, Toni Servillo, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Clément Sibony, Laura Smet, Kang-Ho Song, Ruben Sosa, Scott Speedman, Samal Yeslyamova, Susannah York, Nina Zavarin, Catherine Keener, Michelle Williams, Tom Noonan, Piera Degli Esposti, Shanyn Leigh and Jamie Burke.

but still no photo yet :(

Guest Janie Simply

I wonder when BH did the Vogue photoshoot.. was it during the short leave back to Seoul he had previously.. getting the tuxedo.. the GBW interview .. wah.. a very packed schedule back-to-back.. abroad and back home.. voila.. a feature in the latest Vogue.

I think the photoshoot must have done during that time 'cos I read in one section in the article that "LBH isn't sure if he will make it even to Cannes later this month for GWB preview" :tears:

So will we get to see him or not :unsure: What would happen if he doesn't show up :sweatingbullets:

It was a great article and hope one of our ambassadors here will scout out the English version for all to read.

Here's the chinese version, too wordy to translate :sweatingbullets:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=384853710

---

While anticipating...

http://media.daum.net/entertain/movie/view...mp;cp=joynews24

20080524002204.511.0.jpg

The sales for all films has officially ended in Cannes.

Here's the gist, on May 23 local time 9 a.m., Mel Gibson production company Icon Pictures has signed & purchased the GBW copyright for England.

^ WOW! Mel Gibson's company bought the GBW rights to screen in England. :w00t: Cool!

Last time LBH was this thin, gaunt...there was a sadness aura about it...

This time...His lean form is FIERCE :excl: :lol:

I think the Vogue shoot is very artfully done, capturing the spirit of his characters in recent/current movies... definitely not for the faint of heart...

Totally agree with you, TeeVo.. I love the word used, too.. determined and FIERCE! *high-five to Celina!* He's a truly fighting spirit all the way. It's not appropriate to even say BH is making a comeback of any sort.. because he's never away. BH is there, working and continuosly perfecting his craft.. in his own way.

And I definitely feel, observing.. that he has matures and mellowed a lot these past years, too. All for the good of his career, professional & personal life.. getting and giving the best he could because he certainly can. Age.. his age is just a number.. if he had to start from scratch.. he will do it all over again.

His passion is limitless.. an exceptional artist, indeed!

I think the photoshoot must have done during that time 'cos I read in one section in the article that "LBH isn't sure if he will make it even to Cannes later this month for GWB preview" :tears:

So will we get to see him or not :unsure: What would happen if he doesn't show up :sweatingbullets:

It was a great article and hope one of our ambassadors here will scout out the English version for all to read.

Here's the chinese version, too wordy to translate :sweatingbullets:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=384853710

Just saw this portion.. :blush:

I really hope he makes it to Cannes.. even if it's just for the premiere screening night because.. it won't be GBW without BH present as well. With the various updates.. various version of the report.. will he go.. can he go.. if he goes.. did he go.. did he met her.. private jet.. late arrival.. etc.. it's unnecessary heartache thinking it all.

We really can't be sure till we actually see him there.. with the GBW team especially. It's on the 24th.. where and when the important event will take place (whereas now is still 23rd night in Cannes). Hopefully.. the guys are planning a cool surprise for the fans tomorrow.. because.. not only LBH.. we have yet to see Dir. KJW, SKH and JWS in Cannes as well. Maybe.. they're all waiting for LBH to arrive before doing anything. :sweatingbullets:

But.. if the worst case scenario happens.. the show will still go on, right? There'll probably be some regret but we all know that he's not deliberately missing it.

Aish.. let's be positive.. Prague and Cannes are not that far away from each other.. there's even a private jet available and so far, there's no unusual announcement anywhere. :sweatingbullets::unsure:

Just that the fans' waiting hearts.. are beating louder by the minute.

---

ps: it's 2.30am here.. time for this panda to get some rest before tomorrow's big event.. so.. we'll be seeing our Hunnie soon. Pleasepleaseplease!

Guest Janie Simply

Opps, I lost my previous post :unsure:

No problem, while waiting for the plane to touch down and the red carpet be rolled back, here's 10 things one should know about Cannes 2008

Oh, hope it's gonna be a "fair weather" tomorrow 'cos we do not want the GBW crews to get drench like #6 :sweatingbullets:

Fri, May 23, 2008

10 things you should know about Cannes 2008 ...

By BRUCE KIRKLAND, SUN MEDIA

CANNES -- At 61, the fabled Cannes Film Festival is as much myth as reality. While we see the world through rose-coloured champagne glasses here on the French Riviera, that does not stop us sorting out fact from fiction.

As a result, we decided to chronicle 10 things you should know about Cannes 2008. These are all are true because we saw them for ourselves:

1 -- Angelina Jolie (all three of her because she has a beautiful belly full of twins) is now the undisputed Queen of Cannes. Not a diva. Just the opposite. She is elegantly regal. Jolie was on the red carpet for two films: DreamWorks' animated kids comedy, Kung Fu Panda and Clint Eastwood's haunting adult drama, Changeling (or The Exchange). With the media, industry and public, Jolie has been dignified in her bearing and gorgeous on parade. She showed quiet compassion in championing humanitarian causes and talked intelligently about acting for Eastwood. She also proved deft in handling stupid questions the gutter press asked about motherhood and Brad (who is on hand as babysitter to the existing Jolie-Pitt brood). Altogether, an impressive coronation.

2 -- Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were whip-smart in launching Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in Cannes. They did it on the same day the adventure romp screened worldwide to set up this weekend's box-office bonanza. Spielberg had not done the Cannes-Cannes since E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 26 years ago (a magical night). But Lucas, with recent experience including for Star Wars, knew how to create a Cannes feeding frenzy without suffering a Da Vinci Code backlash.

3 -- Harrison Ford is a funny guy, and who knew? Once a dull, snarky Hollywood interview, he now plays the game, claiming he finally learned patience. He is willing to spar. When Sun Media suggested Indy might be getting a little clumsy in Kingdom, 65-year-old Ford grinned and shot back: "You're getting a little more clumsy, too, aren't you?"

4 -- Woody Allen is like a cat, albeit one working on his ninth life. The funnyman's Vicky Cristina Barcelona, which screened in Cannes, actually is funny. With Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson in a threesome, it is also sexy and potentially his biggest movie in years.

5 -- The party scene in Cannes really is a myth, at least for the working class at Cannes, like journalists. Only stars hang with stars. Exclusive parties host the likes of Cannes 2008 celebrities Brangelina, Bono, Salma Hayek, Will Smith, Harrison Ford, George Lucas, Madonna, Sharon Stone, Clint Eastwood, Penelope Cruz, Catherine Denueve and others. The rest of us are at work.

6 -- Another myth: The weather in the south of France is always sunny, topless babes are out on the beach and you should be jealous. Ha! This year, the weather sucked. Cool winds, clouds, flashes of rain, until finally turning Riviera-like yesterday. Woody Allen's night was the worst, with his gaggle of beauties drenched on the red carpet.

7 -- Sean Penn is on the Cannes wagon. He claimed before the festival he would stay "wise and sober" throughout. That's because he is the jury president. He has, however, been smoking like a fiend, even at the jury press conference in the Palais where smoking is supposedly banned.

8 -- Breakout films include Woody Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Clint Eastwood's Changeling, the French film A Christmas Tale, the Israeli adult animation Waltz With Bashir, the Belgian film The Silence of Lorna, the Turkish film Three Monkeys, the British film Hunger and the American doc Tyson.

9 -- Canada has only made a minor impact, despite having two films in competition. Fernando Meirelles' Blindness -- officially a co-production from Canada, Brazil and Japan but primarily a Canadian initiative -- is like a lit match. It flamed out after opening night. While Sun Media thinks highly of the film, most international critics cringed and moved on. Meanwhile, Atom Egoyan's Adoration, debuting last night and drumming up support today, comes too late to the party. Most Cannes action happens in the first seven days.

10 -- Media comes in all shapes, sizes and smarts. Most are professionals. A few are idiots. Worst are those who, at the end of press conferences featuring stars, storm the stage begging for autographs. The spectacle at the Indiana Jones event was disgusting, giving the entire media corps a bad name. Something needs to be done (such as confiscating their media badges).

Guest Janie Simply

이병헌, 'G.I. 조' 2~3편 출연 계약..23일 칸 도착

2008052304441289613_1.jpg

http://star.moneytoday.co.kr/view/stview.p...9613&type=1

---------------

Jan, hehe, yeah yeah. Well, May is the best month of the year to be at Prague. Maybe LBH will fall in love in this city, truly a city of love , maybe he won't leave Prague for Cannes :P :blush:

Eldri dear, yes, he will leave Prague; This is what your article said :sweatingbullets:

From BH Entertainment...

BH will arrive in Cannes on May 23 at 11:00 p.m. on Lufthansa Airline;

Attends GBW gala screening on May 24th;

Fly back to G I Joe Filming set in Prague early morning on May 25th.

Thanks for the link; Here's the briefy...

LBH to star in 'G.I. Joe ' Sequels; will arrive in Cannes on May 23

On May 22, BH Entertainment announced that there might be a possibility for LBH to star in G.I. Joe sequels with Hollywood Paramount Ent. The official said they have signed the preliminary contract for this future project; maybe 2 more sequel of G I Joe sth like that. The details of the contract cannot be revealed because they are still on the planning stage and the final decision will only be made after the release of G I Joe in August next year. Storm shadow plays a huge role in G I Joe and BH might get one hour of acting screen time in the movie.

^ Thanks Janice for the GI Joe gist.. yeah.. I think it's only fair that if the movie is successful and sequels are planned.. BH will be given the chance to reprise his role of the Storm Shadow. Hope the upcoming movie will have good response when it opens.. that's still a very long, long wait to go. :mellow:

Now .. if Lost Planet is a success venture.. I'd love to see BH in the sci-fi feature, too.

Opps, I lost my previous post :unsure:

No problem, while waiting for the plane to touch down and the red carpet be rolled back, here's 10 things one should know about Cannes 2008

Oh, hope it's gonna be a "fair weather" tomorrow 'cos we do not want the GBW crews to get drench like #6 :sweatingbullets:

Aish.. I have the same problem as well. I thought I didn't click the 'Add Reply' button because I didn't see the post that I made. Luckily I still have the content of the post on "copied" mode.. this is something that I do EVERY TIME even though when the forum is working fine and fast. So.. remember hunnies.. copy whatever you're going to post first so that if anything happens... you can just paste to post again.. especially when we have lots of links/images and text to share.

But eh.. come to think again.. I actually read what Janice wrote last.. something about Dir. KJW locking up SKH and JWS in their rooms while waiting for BH to arrive. Yeah.. I managed to read that but I'm already switching off the machine to turn in for the night.. that's why I didn't response.

Hmm.. strange.. first it was there.. then it was not. :wacko: wooooooooooooooooOooooo :ph34r:

--- btw...

4:04am Saturday (CEST) - Time in Cannes, France

Our Hunnie is still sleeping.. shh...

Helena already posted these pics from yesterday at GBW.. I didn't see the images the first time.. pc's being erratic and found the pics much later. :sweatingbullets:

Festival_de_cannes_logo.gif GBW in CANNES!

May 23, 2008

200805242.jpgDir. Kim Jee Woon

200805241.jpg

kjwcannes1.jpg

gw1.jpgThe Weird & The Good

Source: star.moneytoday.co.kr

From BH Entertainment...

BH will arrive in Cannes on May 23 at 11:00 p.m. on Lufthansa Airline;

Attends GBW gala screening on May 24th;

Fly back to G I Joe Filming set in Prague early morning on May 25th.

Saw & read this more clearly when I wanted to post this at our ELBH forum... so these statement were made by BH Ent.? I think it's good that BH took the Lufthansa flight instead of Paramount's offer. It might just be the more convenient choice, time-wise.. (a very late 11pm arrival last night!) but it's probably best that there's really no special treatment (from the producers) for BH.. at least not just yet.. especially with him only starting to act in Hollywood and all.

At least he'll be around for the whole day of the 24th and the Red Carpet screening later. Can't imagine.. how busy he'll be :sweatingbullets: .. with press conference and photo-call with the in-between interviews. All to be done before going back on the 25th.

Guest TY_KSW

you even set up the flight schedule to him? prefering LH ? hhahah.. Why not KE or OZ??

wow! starting to count down.. few hours to go!!! :rolleyes:

you even set up the flight schedule to him? prefering LH ? hhahah.. Why not KE or OZ??

wow! starting to count down.. few hours to go!!! :rolleyes:

Uhh.. what are you talking about, TY? :huh: Who prefers what? :blink:

It's BH Ent. that arranged everything for him. Aigoo.. he's in Europe.. he'll surely fly in one of the European airlines.. :sweatingbullets:

Pandas are getting crossed-wires everywhere.. :wacko: .. BH better show up soon.. :sweatingbullets:

:lol: i refered the airliners dear.. LH for Lufthansa, KE for Korean Airlines and OZ for Asiana Airlines.. :lol:

:P I know what LH, etc means.. but I think you jumped & missed my point. LOL.

Guest TY_KSW

Uhh.. what are you talking about, TY? :huh: Who prefers what? :blink:

It's BH Ent. that arranged everything for him. Aigoo.. he's in Europe.. he'll surely fly in one of the European airlines.. :sweatingbullets:

Pandas are getting crossed-wires everywhere.. :wacko: .. BH better show up soon.. :sweatingbullets:

:lol: i refered the airliners dear.. LH for Lufthansa, KE for Korean Airlines and OZ for Asiana Airlines.. :lol:

A mention at Twitch.. hope we'll hear Tood Brown's review of GBW in Cannes later..

Trailer for Kim Ji-Woon’s Korean Western THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE WEIRD

Posted by Todd Brown at 5:47pm.

Web-monkey here filling in for Todd for a quick second in lieu of what some would consider “his schedule”. Busy man I hear… Onwards with Korean Western eyeball sugar. The title says it all folks, that centipede didn’t stand a chance.

Source: http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/trailer-fo...-and-the-weird/

Guest Janie Simply

At least he'll be around for the whole day of the 24th and the Red Carpet screening later. Can't imagine.. how busy he'll be :sweatingbullets: .. with press conference and photo-call with the in-between interviews. All to be done before going back on the 25th.

Don't forget about IRIS on his agenda please :sweatingbullets:

Remember that old news not so long ago :sweatingbullets:

"Chon.tewon Entertainment has left for Cannes on May 13 to showcase their IRIS work & they want to capitalize on BH's presence to promote their project."

Maybe it's time for them to help us solve the puzzle as to who exactly Miss K or Miss L will be :rolleyes:

Don't forget about IRIS on his agenda please :sweatingbullets:

Remember that old news not so long ago :sweatingbullets:

"Chon.tewon Entertainment has left for Cannes on May 13 to showcase their IRIS work & they want to capitalize on BH's presence to promote their project."

Maybe it's time for them to help us solve the puzzle as to who exactly Miss K or Miss L will be :rolleyes:

If CJ Ent. could get the most of LBH (all those fans asking about when he's coming before).. that would be awesome for them. Don't know.. how he'll fit IRIS in.. not sure if Taewon Ent is still in Cannes.. since they've been around since the fest started but it'll be good if there're more updates for us. Obviously. LOL. (oops.. being in Cannes since May 13?!? that's a lot of cost for them to come up with)..

Maybe the IRIS co-stars will be announced in September instead.. unless it's an international cast.. just my thoughts considering how incredibly busy BH will be.. and still is.. every moment of the day. :sweatingbullets:

2008052403797_2008052468831.jpg